4… – Four. – [Atticus]Jem?
斯科特?
Scout?
进来
Come on in.
[关门声]
5… – [Screen Door Squeaks, Door Closes]- Five.
6… Six.
7,8…
Seven. Eight.
9… Nine.
10… Ten.
11… Eleven.
12… Twelve.
13… Thirteen.
[枪声]
14… – Fourteen. – [Gunshot]
[犬吠]
[Dog Barking]
[犬吠继续]
[Clattering, Barking Continues]
吉姆!
Jem!
[开门声,关门声]- 嘘
[Door Opens, Closes]- Shh.
[犬吠继续]
[Barking Continues]
[史堤芬尼 阿姨尖叫]什么事?那是什么?
[Aunt Stephanie Yelling]What was that? What is it?
什么事? 什么事?
What happened? What happened?
什么事? 怎么了?
What’s goin’ on? What is it?
阿提克斯,那是什么?
Atticus, what is it?
有人可以告诉我是发生了什么?
Will somebody please tell me what’s goin’ on?
嗯,莱利 先生…
Uh, Mr. Radley…
从他的菜园子开枪射一个小偷
shot at a prowler out in his collard patch.
小偷? 哦,莫蒂!
A prowler? Oh, Maudie!
不管是谁都不会这么快回来了
Whoever it was won’t be back anytime soon.
莱利 先生应该把他们吓破胆了
Mr. Radley must have scared them out of their wits.
晚安,晚安 – 晚安,阿提克斯
Good night. Good night. – Good night, Atticus.
哦,真把我吓坏了
Oh, scared the living daylights out of me.
一个小偷? 他说是一个小偷?
A prowler? He said a prowler?
过来吧 精彩的已经结束了
Come on now. The excitement’s over.
是时候睡觉了
Time for bed.
斯科特,吉姆
Scout. Jem.
[莫蒂]早上好
[Maudie]Morning.
早上好 莫蒂 太太
Good morning, Miss Maudie.
早上好 ,卡尔普尼亚 – 早上好,莫蒂
Morning, Calpurnia. – Morning, Maudie.
来看看 简.路易斯 是不是 已经做好上第一天课的准备了
Came to see if Jean Louise is ready for her first day of school.
[卡尔普尼亚]斯科特! – 早上好,莫蒂 太太
[Cal]Scout! – Good morning, Miss Maudie.
你也准备好了? – 是的,夫人 – 斯科特!
You ready too? – Yes, ma’am. – Scout!
两个孩子都上学了以后 你打算做什么?
What are you gonna do this morning with both children at school?
我不知道 是真的
I don’t know, and that’s the truth.
我刚才还在想这个
I was thinking about that just now.
斯科特!
Scout!
斯科特?斯科特!
Scout? Scout!
你听到我了吗,斯科特?
Did you hear me, Scout?
不急
Now hurry.
[吉姆笑]嗨,看看斯科特!
[Jem Laughs]Hey, look at Scout!

Shh.
过来这儿,斯科特 – [窃笑]
Come on in here, Scout. – [Stifling Laughter]
吃早餐
Have your breakfast.
我觉得你的衣服很好看,亲爱的
I think your dress is mighty becomin’, honey.
[卡尔普尼亚]别把衣服塞进去,斯科特
[Cal]Don’t go tugging at that dress, Scout.
你想还没去学校衣服就都皱了吗?
You want to have it all wrinkled before you even get to school?
我还是不理解我 为什么要穿这旧衣服
I still don’t see why I have to wear a darn old dress.
你会习惯的 – 我好了!
You’ll get used to it. – I’m ready!
哦,吉姆
Oh, Jem. Jem.
离上课还有30分钟
It’s half an hour before school starts.
你坐下等你的妹妹
Sit right down and wait for your sister.
快,斯科特 – 我在试着呢
Hurry up, Scout. – I’m trying to.
[吉姆]快!这是你第一天哪 你想第一天就迟到吗?
[Jem]Come on! It’s your first day. You want to be late?
我好了 – [吉姆]我们走吧!
I’m ready. – [Jem]Let’s go!
再见
Bye.
再见,各位!
Bye, everybody!
[咯咯笑]
[Chuckling]
[叫喊]
[Shouting]
说你呢, 沃特.坎宁安!
Darn you, Walter Cunningham!
[孩子们叫喊]
[Children Shouting]
[孩子们]过来,沃特! – 过来,沃特!
[Children]Come on, Walter! – Come on, Walter!
[吉姆]斯科特! – 快过来,沃特!
[Jem]Scout! – Come on, Walter!
住手!
Cut that out!
你以为你在做什么?
What do you think you’re doing?
[咕哝]
[Grunting]
是他害得我做错了!
He made me start off on the wrong foot!
我试图解释给老师听…
I was trying to explain to that darn lady teacher…
为什么他没钱买♥♥午餐,老师还批评我!
why he didn’t have no money for his lunch, and she got sore at me!
够了!够了!
Stop it! Stop it!
你♥爸♥爸 沃特.坎宁安是从 老沙兰 来的?
Is your daddy Mr. Walter Cunningham from Old Sarum?
和我们一起回去吃饭吧,沃特
Come home and have dinner with us, Walter.
我们很高兴能和你一起
We’d be glad to have you.
我们的爸爸是你♥爸♥爸的朋友
Our daddy is a friend of your daddy’s.
[叹气]
[Sighs]
斯科特 有点问题 她不会再和你打架了
Scout here is crazy. She won’t fight you no more.
[阿提克斯]我希望你喜欢这晚餐
[Atticus]I hope that’s a dinner that you enjoy.
是的,先生 我不记得我什么时候吃过烤肉了
Yes, sir. I don’t know when I’ve had a roast.
我们最近常吃松鼠和兔子
We’ve been having squirrels and rabbits lately.
我和我爸爸有空的时候会去打猎
My pa and I go hunting in our spare time.
你有自己的枪吗? – [沃特]嗯
You got a gun of your own? – [Walter]Uh-huh.
[吉姆]你有枪多久了? – 哦,一年多了吧
[Jem]How long you had a gun? – Oh, a year or so.
我能要点糖水吗,请问? – 当然啦,孩子
Can I have the syrup, please? – Certainly, son.
卡儿,你能那这甜水进去吗?
Cal, will you bring in the syrup dish, please?
当然,先生
Yes, sir.
当你拿第一把枪的时候是几岁,阿提克斯?
How old were you when you got your first gun, Atticus?
十三,四岁
Thirteen or fourteen.
我记得我爸爸给我枪的时候
I remember when my daddy gave me that gun.
他告诉我我不能拿枪 对着家里的任何东西…
He told me that I should never point at anything in the house…
最后我只好射后院的那些铁罐
and that he’d rather I shoot at tin cans in the backyard.
他说那是迟早的事…
But he said that sooner or later he supposed…
一开始就去打鸟不切实际…
the temptation to go after birds would be too much…
如果我能射中那些罐子 我就可以射中我任何想射的蓝雀
and that I could shoot all the blue jays I wanted, if I could hit ’em;
但是要记住一点 随便杀死知更鸟是罪过
but to remember it was a sin to kill a mockingbird.
为什么? – [阿提克斯]嗯,我觉得…
Why? – [Atticus]Well, I reckon…
因为知更鸟什么都没做…
because mockingbirds don’t do anything…
只不过歌♥唱给我们听 让我们快乐
but make music for us to enjoy.
不毁坏人们的花♥园♥
Don’t eat people’s gardens.
不在玉米地里做窝
Don’t nest in the corn cribs.
除了专心歌♥唱,它们什么都不做
They don’t do one thing but just sing their hearts out for us.
你觉得学校怎样,斯科特?
How’d you like school, Scout?
还行
All right.
哦,谢谢你,卡儿 这是给 沃特 的
Oh, thank you, Cal. That’s for Walter.
在 山姆希尔 你都做什么,沃–
What in the Sam Hill are you doing, Wa– – [Tapping]
但是,阿提克斯,他吃完就走 还把晚餐泡在糖水里
But, Atticus, he’s gone and drowned his dinner in syrup,
而现在他把糖水倒地到处都是– – [卡儿]斯科特
and now he’s pouring it all over– – [Cal]Scout.
什么? – 你过来,我有话和你说
What? – Come out here. I want to talk to you.
那男孩是你的朋友
That boy is your company.
就算他想吃那块台布 你也要让他吃
If he wants to eat that tablecloth, you’ll let him.
如果你不能像别人一样吃
If you can’t act fit to eat like folks,
你可以在这厨房♥里吃
you can just sit here and eat in the kitchen.
[阿提克斯]斯科特
[Atticus]Scout.
斯科特
Scout.
[小声抱怨]- 斯科特,你到底是怎么了?
[Mumbling Softly]- Scout, what in the world has got into you?
[重复]我不回去 – 现在,现在
[Repeating]I’m not going back. – Now, now.
阿提克斯,我不去学校了
Atticus, I’m not going back to school anymore.
现在,斯科特 这只是第一天
Now, Scout, it’s just the first day.
我不管 所有事都有问题
I don’t care. Everything went wrong.
老师就像发疯的魔鬼一样对我…
The teacher got mad as the devil at me…
还说你教我的阅读都是错的 而且让你别教了
and said you were teaching me to read all wrong and to stop it,
她就像笨蛋一样 还想给 沃特.坎宁安两毛五美分…
then acted like a fool and tried to give Walter Cunningham a quarter…
而每个人都知道坎宁安从不拿别人东西
when everybody knows Cunninghams won’t take nothin’ from nobody.
就连笨蛋都能告诉她这个
Any fool could have told her that.
好了… 也许她只是太紧张了吧
Well… maybe she’s just nervous.
毕竟,这是她第一天在这学校教书
After all, it’s her first day teaching school and being new here.
哦,阿提克斯 … – 现在,等等
Oh, Atticus– – Now, wait a minute.
如果你学会了这个,斯科特
If you learn this single trick, Scout,
你就能很好地和任何人相处了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!