Wait.
吉姆, 你是不是想吓唬我? – 嘘
Jem, are you trying to scare me? – Shh.
你知道我太老了 – 安静
You know I’m too old. – Be quiet.
[狗叫声]- 我听到一条老狗在叫
[Dog Howling]- I heard an old dog bayin’.
不是那个,当我们走起来的时候, 我听到一些声音
It’s not that. I hear it when we’re walking along.
当我们停下的时候,就听不见了
When we stop, I don’t hear it anymore.
哦,这样啊,是我的服装在沙沙作响
Oh, yeah, my costume rustlin’.
万圣节吓到你了
Halloween’s got ya.
[沙沙声]
[Rustling]
我现在又听见了
I hear it now.
我打赌是老 塞西尔.雅各布 要吓唬我们
I’ll bet it’s just old Cecil Jacobs tryin’ to scare me.
塞西尔.雅各布 是一只大母鸡
Cecil Jacobs is a big, wet hen!
[沙沙声]
[Rustling]
[轻声说]快点
[Whispers]Come on.
[沙沙声]
[Rustling]
[沙沙声继续]
[Rustling Continues]
[男人的叫声]- [喘息声]
[Man Shouts]- [Gasps]
[一起发出哼哼声]
[Both Grunting]
快跑,斯科特! 快跑,斯科特!快跑,快跑
Run, Scout! Run, Scout! Run! Run!
[脚步声,男人的哼哼声]- [吉姆 尖叫]
[Footsteps, Man Grunting]- [Jem Screams]
[吉姆 喘息]- [男人哼哼]
[Jem Gasping]- [Man Grunting]
[继续喘息]
[Continues Gasping]
[哼哼]
[Grunting]
[尖叫]
[Screams]
[男人哼哼,喘息]
[Men Grunting, Gasping]
[呻♥吟♥]
[Groaning]
[哼哼,呻♥吟♥]
[Grunting, Groaning]
[打斗停止]
[Fighting Stops]
[身体倒下]
[Body Falls]
[脚步声]
[Footsteps]
[脚步声走过]
[Footsteps Passing]
[门吱吱打开]
[Door Creaks Open]
斯科特!斯科特!
Scout! Scout!
[哭泣]
[Crying]
发生什么事了?发生什么事了?
What happened? What happened?
我不知道,我真的不知道
I don’t know. I just don’t know.
卡尔,告诉雷诺医生过来一下 – 是的,先生
Cal, tell Dr. Reynolds to come over. – Yes, sir.
你还好吗? -是的
You all right? – Yes, sir.
确定吗? – 是的
Are you sure? – Yes, sir.
[电♥话♥铃响]
[Ringing]
请转泰特警长
Sheriff Tate, please.
阿提克斯,吉姆死了?
Atticus, is Jem dead?
不是,他只是失去知觉
No. He’s unconscious.
我们不知道他伤的多重, 之后能医生来了才知道
We won’t know how badly he’s hurt until the doctor gets here.
是 海克 吗?这是阿提克斯.芬奇
Heck? Atticus Finch.
有人追赶我的孩子
Someone’s been after my children.
他严重骨折
He’s got a bad break.
就好像有人要扭下他的手臂
Like somebody tried to wring his arm off.
我很快回来,阿提克斯
I’ll be right back, Atticus.
[警长]孩子怎么样,医生
[Sheriff]How’s the boy, Doc?
他会好起来的
He’ll be all right.
泰特警长先生
Sheriff Tate.
[清了清嗓子]
[Clears Throat]
那是什么,海克?
What is it, Heck?
鲍勃.依威尔在那边的树下躺着
Bob Ewell’s lyin’ on the ground under that tree down yonder…
而且有一把厨房♥的刀叉在他的肋骨上
with a kitchen knife stuck up under his ribs.
他死了,芬奇先生
He’s dead, Mr. Finch.
你肯定吗? – [警长]是的,先生
Are you sure? – [Sheriff]Yes, sir.
他不会在骚扰这些孩子了
He’s not gonna bother these children anymore.
斯科特 小姐, 你能告诉我们发生了什么事吗?
Miss Scout, you think you could tell us what happened?
我不知道
I don’t know.
突然间,有人抓住我
All of a sudden somebody grabbed me,
把我撞倒在地
knocked me down on the ground.
吉姆 来帮我
Jem found me then.
然后,我估计依威尔先生有去抓他, 吉姆 就大声叫喊
Then Mr. Ewell, I reckon, grabbed him again, and Jem hollered.
然后有人抓住我, 我猜是依威尔先生
Then somebody grabbed me. Mr. Ewell, I guess.
有人抓住了他…
Somebody grabbed him…
然后我听到有人喘气和咳嗽
and then I heard someone pantin’ and coughin’.
然后我又看到有人抱着 吉姆
Then I saw someone carrying Jem.
嗯,是谁?
Well, who was it?
为什么,就是他,太特 先生
Why, there he is, Mr. Tate.
他能告诉你他的名字
He can tell you his name.
嗨,布
Hey, Boo.
[阿提克斯]简.路易斯 小姐,阿瑟.莱利 先生
[Atticus]Miss Jean Louise, Mr. Arthur Radley.
我想他早就认识你了
I believe he already knows you.
海克,我们去前门看看
Heck, let’s go out on the front porch.
你想跟 吉姆 说晚安吗,阿瑟 先生?
Would you like to say good night to Jem, Mr. Arthur?
你可以抱他,阿瑟 先生,他睡着了
You can pet him, Mr. Arthur. He’s asleep.
他醒着的时候不行,他不让的
You couldn’t if he was awake, though. He wouldn’t let you.
去吧
Go ahead.
[斯科特]我们去荡秋千,阿瑟 先生
[Scout]Let’s go set in the swing, Mr. Arthur.
[阿提克斯]海克,我,我…
[Atticus]Heck, l-l–
我猜他这样做, 嗯…
I guess that the thing to do is, uh–
哦,上帝,我想我是失忆了
Good Lord… I must be losin’ my memory.
我竟然想不起来 吉姆 到底是12还是13岁了
I can’t remember whether Jem is 12 or 13.
无论如何,我们要去地方法♥院♥
Anyway, it’ll have to come before the county court.
当然,这很显然是自我辩护
Of course, it’s a clear-cut case of self-defense.
我… 嗯,我会去你的办公室
I’ll, uh– Well, I’ll run down to the office–
芬奇先生…
Mr. Finch…
你认为 吉姆 杀了 鲍勃.依威尔吗?
do you think Jem killed Bob Ewell?
这是不是你想的?
Is that what you think?
你的孩子没有捅他
Your boy never stabbed him.
鲍勃.依威尔自己撞在自己的刀上
Bob Ewell fell on his knife.
他自己杀死了自己
He killed himself.
一个黑人没有任何理由就死去了
There’s a black man dead for no reason.
现在这个罪魁祸首也死了
Now the man responsible for it is dead.
这次让死人埋葬死人吧,芬奇先生
Let the dead bury the dead this time, Mr. Finch.
我从未听说这是违反法律的…
I never heard tell it was against the law for any citizen…
公民要竭尽所能来防止犯罪行为的发生
to do his utmost to prevent a crime from being committed,
这就是他所想做的
which is exactly what he did.
但是可能你要告诉我,这是我的职责来 告诉整个镇上的人,而不是遮掩这件事情
But maybe you’ll tell me it’s my duty to tell the town all about it, not to hush it up.
你现在知道发生了什么事情
You know what’ll happen then.
所有在 梅岗镇的女生, 包括我的妻子
All the ladies in Maycomb, includin’ my wife,
我去敲他的家门,给他带去天使蛋糕
will be knockin’ on his door bringin’ angel food cakes.
用我的思维方式,让一个人…
To my way of thinkin’, takin’ one man,
为这个小镇做出很大贡献的人
who done you and this town a big service,
但是硬要这个怕羞的人成为引人注目的中心
and draggin’ him with his shy ways into the limelight–
对我而言,真是种罪过
To me, that’s a sin.
这是一种罪
It’s a sin.
所以我还没有想好
And I’m not about to have it on my head.
我可能不会那样做,芬奇先生
I may not be much, Mr. Finch,
但是我仍然是 梅岗镇的警长
but I’m still Sheriff of Maycomb County,
而且 鲍勃.依威尔倒在了自己的刀下
and Bob Ewell fell on his knife.
晚安,先生
Good night, sir.
[车门关上,引擎启动]
[Car Door Shuts, Engine Starts]
太特 先生是对的
Mr. Tate was right.
你是什么意思?
What do you mean?
嗯,这就…
Well… it would be…
好像射杀一只知更鸟,不是吗?
sort of like shooting a mockingbird, wouldn’t it?
谢谢你,阿瑟
Thank you, Arthur.
我代表我的孩子谢谢你
Thank you for my children.
[成年 斯科特]邻居为死者带来食物…
[Adult Scout]Neighbors bring food with death…
鲜花慰问伤者…
and flowers with sickness…
还有一些小东西
and little things in between.
布 是我们邻居
Boo was our neighbor.
他给我们2只肥皂公仔
He gave us two soap dolls,
一个坏了的手表和链子
a broken watch and chain,
一把刀…
a knife…
和我们的生命
and our lives.
一次,阿提克斯 说…
One time Atticus said…
你永远不能轻易评估一个人, 直到你真正了解他