all Negroes are basically immoral beings,
所有的黑人对我们的妇女来说 都是不可相信的
all Negro men are not to be trusted around our women.
一个关系到他们道德素质的假设
An assumption that one associates with minds of their caliber,
其实它本身是个谎言,绅士们
and which is, in itself, gentlemen, a lie,
我想这个我不用多加说明
which I do not need to point out to you.
而且
And so,
一个安静的、谦虚的 值得尊敬的黑人
a quiet, humble, respectable Negro,
真实坦诚…
who has had the unmitigated temerity…
对一个白人妇女 感到抱歉
to feel sorry for a white woman,
因为他的陈词 对两个白人不利
has had to put his word against two white people’s.
我们的被告并没有罪
The defendant is not guilty,
但是在这个法庭里的某些人有
but somebody in this courtroom is.
现在,先生们
Now, gentlemen,
在这个国家
in this country,
我们的法♥院♥是最公平的
our courts are the great levelers.
在我们的法♥院♥里
In our courts,
所有的人都是平等的
all men are created equal.
我并不是一个理想主义者 盲信…
I’m no idealist to believe firmly…
我们法♥院♥和司法系统的正直无私
in the integrity of our courts and of our jury system.
那对我来说毫无意义 这是一个生活和工作的现实
That’s no ideal to me. That is a living, working reality!
现在我相信各位会重新审核…
Now I am confident that you gentlemen will review…
抛开个人感情…
without passion…
仅由你们所听到的证据
the evidence that you have heard,
来做出决定…
come to a decision…
释放这个人回家
and restore this man to his family.
以上帝的名义
In the name of God,
做你应该做的
do your duty.
以上帝的名义
In the name of God,
相信…
believe…
汤姆.罗宾逊
Tom Robinson.
[人群低语]
[Crowd Murmuring]
陪审团离开多久了,牧师?
How long has the jury been out now, Reverend?
嗯,让我们看看
Well, let’s see.
大约有2个小时了
Almost two hours now.
我想那是一个好征兆,你说呢?
I think that’s an awful good sign, don’t you?
[开门声]
[Door Opens]
[人群低语]
[Crowd Murmuring]
现在开庭,大家起立
Court’s now in session. Everybody rise.
各位陪审员
Gentlemen of the jury,
你们有决定了吗? – [陪审团主席]是的,法官
have you reached a verdict? – [Foreman]We have, Your Honor.
请被告起立并且面对陪审团
Will the defendant please rise and face the jury?
你们的决定是什么?
What is your verdict?
我们认为被告有罪
We find the defendant guilty as charged.
[人群低语]
[Crowd Murmuring]
先生们,这个陪审团现在解散
Gentlemen, this jury is dismissed.
[人群低语]
[Crowd Murmuring]
[法♥院♥职员]现在休庭
[Clerk]Court is adjourned.
[议论继续]
[Murmuring Continues]
[人群小声议论]
[Crowd Murmuring]
我要明早第一件事就是要去看 海伦
I’ll go to see Helen first thing tomorrow morning.
我告诉她不要失望 我们可能会败诉
I told her not to be disappointed, we’d probably lose this one.
汤姆
Tom.
是的,芬奇先生
Yes, Mr. Finch.
简.路易斯 小姐
Miss Jean Louise.
简.路易斯 小姐,站起来
Miss Jean Louise, stand up.
你♥爸♥爸走过去了
Your father’s passin’.
[莫蒂]阿提克斯?
[Maudie]Atticus?
很遗憾,阿提克斯
I-I’m sorry, Atticus.
谢谢你,莫蒂 – [汽车驶近]
Well, thank you, Maudie. – [Car Approaching]
阿提克斯,我能打扰你一会吗?
Atticus, can I see you for a minute?
请你等一下
Will you excuse me?
吉姆?
Jem?

Yes’m.
我不知道这是否对你有帮助
I don’t know if it’ll help,
但是我要告诉你
but I want to say this to you.
这个世上的一些人…
There’s some men in this world…
生来就为我们做一些 别人不愿意做的工作
who are born to do our unpleasant jobs for us.
你♥爸♥爸就是其中一个
Your father’s one of them.
嗯,我知道了 – [汽车离开]
Oh, well. – [Car Departing]
怎么了,阿提克斯?
What’s the matter, Atticus?
汤姆.罗宾逊 死了
Tom Robinson’s dead.
他们把他带到了 阿勃次村…
They were taking him to Abbottsville…
看管他
for safekeeping.
汤姆 想要逃跑
Tom broke loose and ran.
警卫人叫他停下
The deputy called out to him to stop,
但是 汤姆 没有停
and Tom didn’t stop.
他原想开枪打伤他 可是打歪了
He shot at him to wound him and missed his aim.
杀了汤姆
Killed him.
警卫说…
The deputy says…
汤姆 就像疯子一样的跑
Tom just ran like a crazy man.
我最后跟他说的就是不要失去信心 我们还可以上诉
The last thing I told him was not to lose heart, that we’d ask for an appeal.
我们还有机会
We had such a good chance.
我们还有很多机会
We had more than a good chance.
我必须出去告诉她的家人
I have to go out and tell his family.
你看着孩子,莫蒂
You look after the children, Maudie.
阿提克斯, 你希望我跟你一起去吗?
Atticus, you want me to go with you?
不是,孩子,我想一个人出去
No, son, I think I’d better go out there alone.
阿提克斯
Atticus.
我跟你一起去
I’m goin’ with you.
好吧,孩子
All right, son.
[刹车声]
[Brakes Squeak]
你好,芬奇先生 我是 斯宾塞,汤姆 的父亲
Hello, Mr. Finch. I’m Spence, Tom’s father.
你好,斯宾塞
Hello, Spence.
请问 海伦 在吗? – 是的,先生,她在里面躺着
Is Helen here? – Yes, sir, she’s inside lyin’ down,
想睡一会
tryin’ to get a little sleep.
我们正在讨论上诉的事,芬奇先生
We been talkin’ about the appeal, Mr. Finch.
上诉需要多长时间?
How long do you think it’ll take?
斯宾塞,没有机会上诉了
Spence, there isn’t going to be any appeal.
现在没有了 汤姆已经死了
Not now. Tom is dead.
死了?
Dead?
[阿提克斯]海伦
[Atticus]Helen.
[抽泣]
[Sobbing]
[继续抽泣]
[Continues Sobbing]

Boy.
进去告诉阿提克斯.芬奇我叫他出来
Go inside and tell Atticus Finch I said to come out here.
去吧
Go on, boy.
[成年 斯科特]到了十月,一切都又安定下来
[Adult Scout]By October, things had settled down again.
当我每次从莱利的房♥子前经过时, 我仍然在寻找 布,
I still looked for Boo every time I went by the Radley place.
这个晚上我满脑子都是万圣节前夕的景象
This night my mind was filled with Halloween.
那里将会有一个盛典 来展示我们镇的农产品
There was to be a pageant representing our county’s agricultural products.
我要扮成一只火腿
I was to be a ham.
吉姆说他会送我去学校礼堂
Jem said he would escort me to the school auditorium.
从而我们开始了我们在一起最长的旅行
Thus began our longest journey together.
斯科特! – [斯科特]嗯?
Scout! – [Scout]Yeah?
你能不能快点,每个人都走了
Will you come on? Everybody’s gone.
我不能就这样回家
I can’t go home like this.
嗯,我要走了,快10点了
Well, I’m goin’. It’s almost 10:00…
阿提克斯 在等我们呢
and Atticus will be waiting for us.
好的,我来了
All right, I’m comin’.
可是我觉得这样回家像个傻瓜一样
But I feel like a fool walkin’ home like this.
你自己丢了衣服可不关我的事
It’s not my fault you lost your dress.
我可没丢,我只是找不到了
I didn’t lose it. Just can’t find it.
你的鞋呢? – 我也找不到了
Where are your shoes? – I can’t find them either.
你可以明天再来找 – 可是明天是星期天
You can get ’em tomorrow. – But tomorrow’s Sunday.
你可以让清洁工放你进来,快点
You can get the janitor to let you in. Come on.
这里,斯科特,让我来扶着你吧 否则你会扭到脖子
Here, Scout. Let me hold onto you before you break your neck.
吉姆,你不必扶着我 – 嘘
Jem, you don’t have to hold me. – Shh.
怎么了? – 小声一点,斯科特
What’s the matter? – Hush a minute, Scout.
我想我听到了些什么
I thought I heard somethin’.
啊… 快走
Ah… come on.
等等

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!