And ’twere it my case, I should go hang myself…
我♥干♥脆上吊算了
if thou hadst hands to help thee knit the cord.
要是你还有手去绑绳子的话
[Cackling]
[Moaning]
那是谁?
Who is this?
是我的侄女
My niece?
如果我是在做梦的话
If I do dream,
我愿意付出一切,从梦里醒过来
would all my wealth would wake me.
如果这不是梦
If I do wake,
那谁赶快把我打昏吧
some planet strike me down…
让我能长眠,永不再看见这景象
that I may slumber in eternal sleep.
说话呀
Speak,
亲爱的侄女
gentle niece.
是谁那么狠心
What stern, ungentle hands…
have lopped and hewed and made thy body bare of her two branches?
对你下这种毒手
那双…
Those…
美妙的小手
sweet ornaments…
居然就这样被砍掉了
whose circling shadows kings have sought to sleep in.
为什么不说话呢
Why dost not speak to me?
来吧
Come.
我们走
Let us go…
让你父亲瞧瞧
and make thy father blind,
他看到你这样会疯掉的
for such a sight will blind a father’s eye.
他会受不了
An hour’s storm will drown the fragrant meads.
眼睛会整个哭瞎的
What will whole months of tears thy father’s eyes?
别怕!我们会陪着你
[Moans] Do not draw back,
for we will mourn with thee.
要是我们的哀悼
Oh, could our mourning ease thy misery.
能减轻你的苦痛就好了
听我说!各位
[Titus] Hear me, grave fathers.
各位长老们!别走
Noble tribunes, stay.
可怜我这老头子吧
For pity of mine age, whose youth was spent in dangerous wars…
我整个青春都给了国家
拼死保卫你们
whilst you securely slept,
我为罗马流血流汗
for all my blood in Rome’s great quarrel shed,
夜复一夜守卫着你们
for all the frosty nights that I have watched,
可怜可怜我肝肠寸断
and for these bitter tears which now you see…
我都这把年纪了
filling the aged wrinkles in my cheeks!
对我儿子手下留情吧
Be pitiful to my condemned sons…
他们是无辜的
whose souls are not corrupted as ’tis thought.
Oh!
我已经死了二十二个儿子
For two and 20 sons I never wept…
从没为他们掉过泪
因为他们是光荣战死的
because they died in honor’s lofty bed!
但是这两个!各位长老呀!
For these… these, tribunes, in the dust I write…
教我怎么忍♥心!我的心在滴血呀
my heart’s deep languor and my soul’s sad tears!
让我的老泪来喂养这无情荒地
Let my tears staunch the earth’s dry appetite!
让我儿的鲜血羞辱它
My sons’ sweet blood will make it shame and blush!
Aaah!
[Crying Loudly]
[Horn]
喂!大地啊!保佑我!
O earth,
我会以比雨水更丰沛的滋润回报你
I shall befriend thee more with rain…
我的老泪会无休无止地灌溉你
that shall distill from these two ancient urns…
比四月的春雨更丰足
than youthful April shall with all his showers.
就算到了夏季的干旱,我也不会停
In summer’s drought I’ll drop upon thee still.
到了冬天,我温暖的泪水
In winter, with warm tears,
更会融掉冰雪
I’ll melt the snow and keep eternal springtime on thy face,
让你的脸颊永保春意
只要你不要去喝我儿子的血
so thou refuse to drink my dear sons’ blood.
[Sobbing]
各位长老们哪
O reverend tribunes!
各位长老
O gentle, aged men!
放了我儿子吧
Unbind my sons!
放他们一条生路
Reverse the doom of death!
我告诉各位,我这辈子从未哭过
And let me say, that never wept before,
现在却这样老泪纵横
my tears are now prevailing orators!
爸爸!没有用的
O noble father, you lament in vain.
那些长老根本不理你!全都走了
The tribunes hear you not. No man is by.
你却还对这些石头哭喊
And you recount your sorrows to a stone!
[Crying Loudly]
路西斯
Lucius!
为了你的弟弟们!我还是得求情
For thy brothers let me plead!
长老大人们哪!我再次恳求各位
Grave tribunes, once more I entreat of you.
爸爸!长老们根本听不见你
My gracious lord, no tribune hears you speak.
没有关系
Why, ’tis no matter, man.
就算他们听见,也不会理我
If they did hear, they would not mark me,
就算他们理睬我,也不会可怜我
or if they did mark, they would not pity me.
所以我何不对石头来诉说悲痛呢
Therefore I tell my sorrows to the stones.
跟长老的心肠比起来
A stone is soft as wax, tribunes more hard than stones.
石头简直就像蜡一样的柔软
石头永远安安静静
A stone is silent and offendeth not,
不会口出恶言
and tribunes with their tongues…
而长老们的舌头呢
可以毒死你
doom men to death.
你刚刚拔剑是干嘛
But wherefore stand’st thou with thy weapon drawn?
我本来是去救两个弟弟
To rescue my two brothers from their death.
我试过了!试着去抢救他们
For which attempt,
结果法官判我得被放逐出境
the judges have pronounced my everlasting doom of banishment.
[Laughing]
好啊!他们对你很不错哟
Oh, happy man! They have befriended thee.
傻儿子!你还看不出来
Why, foolish Lucius, dost thou not perceive…
我们罗马是让豺狼虎豹统治着吗
that Rome is but a wilderness of tigers?
老虎天生是得去猎食的
Tigers must prey,
而这儿就只有我们一家人
and Rome affords no prey but me and mine.
来做他们的猎物
因此!你何其幸运
How happy art thou, then,
居然能从这儿被趋逐
from these devourers to be banished.
那边那是谁跟我弟弟一道呀?
But who comes with our brother Marcus here?
哥!你看了会痛哭流涕的
Titus, prepare thy aged eyes to weep,
你会心碎的
or if not so, thy noble heart to break.
我怕你年纪大了会受不住
I bring consuming sorrow to thine age.
会让我受不住?
Will it consume me?
那咱们来瞧瞧吧
Let me see it then.
这是…你的女儿
This… was thy daughter.
哟!马♥克♥思♥!还真是
Why, Marcus, so she is.
我受不了了
This object kills me.
没用的家伙!
Fainthearted boy,
站起来,给我看清楚了
arise and look upon her!
告诉我!拉维妮亚
Speak, Lavinia.
是谁对你下的毒手
What accursed hand hath made thee handless…
谁这样对你
in thy father’s sight?
是哪个家伙胆敢火上添油
What fool hath added water to the sea…
踹落水狗地这样待我们
or brought a torch to bright-burning Troy?
在刚刚你出现以前
My grief was at the height before thou camest,
我的悲痛己到了最高点
and now like Nilus, it disdaineth bounds.
现在则是整个往下低荡
给我一把剑
Give me a sword. I’ll chop off my hands, too,
我♥干♥脆把自己的手也给砍掉好了
for they have fought for Rome, and all in vain.
我这双手这么多年来捍卫罗马
到头来都白费了
In bootless prayer have they been held up,
全都为这些猪狗在拼命
根本是一场空
and they have served me to effectless use!
现在我唯一需要我这双手做的
Now all the service I require of them…
就是用这只把另一只给剁了
is that the one will help to cut the other.
说话呀!妹妹!是谁干的好事
Speak, gentle sister. Who hath martyred thee?
她没法说了
Oh, that delightful engine of her thoughts…
快把她给逼疯了
is torn from forth that pretty, hollow cage.
[Lucius] Oh!
那你帮她说呀!是谁干的
Say thou for her. Who hath done this deed?
我找到她时,她已经一个人在那
Oh, thus I found her straying in the park,
像只惊慌的小鹿在逃难似的
seeking to hide herself as doth the deer…
伤势己极为严重
that hath received some unrecuring wound.
这可是我的女儿
It was my deer,
伤了她,更是伤了我
and he that wounded her hath hurt me more than had he killed me dead.
还不如把我一刀砍死算了
我现在好像在汪♥洋♥当中
For now I stand as one upon a rock,
独自站在一块礁石上
environed with a wilderness of sea.
我的儿子就这样枉送性命
This way to death my wretched sons have gone.
这边另一个儿子又被放逐
Here stands my other son, a banished man,
我弟弟也为我悲伤哭泣
and here my brother weeping at my woes

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!