别把朕逼急了!告诉你
If Rome have law or we have power,
否则要你跟你的党徒们
thou and thy faction shall repent this rape.
为你那伤天害理的举动付出代价
伤天害理?
Rape call you it, my lord,
我把我的爱人带走,我的女人
to seize my own, my true-betrothed love, and now my wife?
这叫伤天害理?
But let the laws of Rome determine all.
随便你定我的罪好了
我不会把我的妻子让给你的
Meanwhile, I am possessed of that is mine.
好啊
‘Tis good, sir. You are very short with us.
你就再猖狂一点嘛
再放肆一点没关系
But if we live, we’ll be as sharp with you.
就等着看朕怎么收抬你
陛下!我的所作所为
My lord, what I have done, as best I may,
我自己自然会承担后果
answer I must and shall do with my life.
但是泰特斯是无辜的
This noble gentleman… Lord Titus here…
他因为情势所逼
is in opinion and in honor wronged.
为了抢回自己的女儿
That in the rescue of Lavinia, with his own hand,
逼得把自己儿子给杀了
did slay his youngest son in zeal to you.
这都是出自对你的一片赤诚
Hmm.
Receive him then to favor, Saturnine.
巴西纳斯殿下
Prince Bassianus, leave to plead my deeds.
你别再为我说话了
这一切不都是你害的吗
‘Tis thou and those that have dishonored me.
上天为证
Rome and the righteous heavens be my judge…
我对塞坦宁陛下绝对是爱戴效忠
how I have loved and honored Saturnine.
我该做的都做了
I can do no more. Patience, Bassianus.
沉着点!巴西纳斯
My worthy lord, if ever Tamora were gracious…
皇上!如果臣妾在您眼中
还有那么些份量的话
in those princely eyes of thine,
那么是不是可以
听臣妾说几句公道话
then hear me speak indifferently for all. [Laughing]
就对这一切既往不究吧
And at my suit, sweet, pardon what is past.
什么!爱妃!朕受了奇耻大辱
Oh, madam? Be dishonored openly…
怎么能就这样算了
and basely put it up without revenge?
皇上!您这样不等于在说
Not so, my lord.
臣妾嫁给您…是皇上的耻辱吗
The gods of Rome forfend I should be author to dishonor you.
臣妾绝不是想丢皇上的脸
But on mine honor dare I undertake…
但是泰特斯阁下确实也是无辜的
for good Lord Titus’ innocence in all,
看他忠心耿耿的表现就知道
whose fury, not dissembled, speaks his griefs.
他是性情中人
Then at my suit look graciously on him.
发起狠来…谁都挡不住呢
Lose not so noble a friend on vain suppose.
皇上!您可得依我的
My lord, be ruled by me.
给臣妾一点面子嘛
Be won at last.
不要再让这些小事烦扰您
Dissemble all your griefs and discontents.
您才刚登基
You are but newly planted in your throne.
那些长老们都在看着您的表现呢
Lest then the people and patricians, too,
好歹您也靠泰特斯才继了位
upon a just survey, take Titus’ part…
这样人家会说您过河拆桥的
and so supplant you for ingratitude.
听臣妾的!一切臣妾都会搞定
Yield at entreats, and then let me alone.
把这些家伙一个个找机会杀了
I’ll find a day to massacre them all…
诛他们的九族
and raze their faction and their family…
那可恶的老头跟他的儿子们
the cruel father and his traitorous sons…
夺去我儿子的性命
to whom I sued for my dear son’s life,
任凭我低声下气!百般羞辱
and make them know what ’tis to let a queen kneel in the streets…
仍不放过他
and beg for grace in vain.
来吧!皇上
[Chuckles] Come, come, sweet emperor.
你也是!安卓尼克斯
Come, Andronicus.
赦免这位老好人
Take up this good old man, and cheer the heart…
您就不要再这样愁眉苦脸的
that dies in tempest of thy angry frown.
起来吧!泰特斯,看在娘娘的份上
Rise, Titus, rise. My empress hath prevailed.
臣感谢皇上
I thank your majesty and her, my lord.
以及娘娘
现在呢!皇上!如果臣妾有幸
And let it be mine honor, good my lord,
能让您跟您的朋友们握手言和
that I have reconciled your friends and you.
巴西纳斯殿下
For you, Prince Bassianus,
我已经跟皇上保证
I have passed my word and promise to the emperor…
你深具悔意
that you will be more mild and tractable.
并且从此不再冒犯
And fear not, lords, and you, Lavinia.
众卿也是!拉维妮亚!你也是
听我的!都跪下来
By my advice, all humbled on your knees,
向皇上求情吧
you shall ask pardon of his majesty.
请皇上恕罪
We do, and vow to heaven and to your highness…
但臣还是要说清楚
that what we did was mildly as we might,
臣当初是为了妹妹及…
tendering our sister’s honor and our own.
臣自身的荣誉…而不得不这样做的
That, on mine honor, here I do attest.
臣必须表达立场
那没什么好说的!别再烦朕了!
Away, and talk not. Trouble us no more.
都走吧你们
Nay, nay, sweet emperor. We must all be friends.
不行哟!皇上
我们大家要不计前嫌
执政官跟他侄子都己跪下来
The tribune and his nephews kneel for grace.
跟您求情了
你再这样,我可不依
I will not be denied.
亲爱的!别使性子了
Sweet heart, look back.
好吧,马♥克♥思♥!看在你跟你哥份上
Marcus, for thy sake and thy brother’s here,
既然皇后这样为你们求情
and at my lovely Tamora’s entreats,
朕就原谅这些年轻人的莽撞
I do remit these young men’s heinous faults.
都平身吧!
Stand up.
拉维妮亚!虽然你当初对朕…
Lavinia, though you left me like a churl,
这样的无情
但朕也不追究了
I found a friend.
来吧
Come.
来吧
If the emperor’s court can feast two brides,
同时一块儿庆祝
you are my guest, Lavinia, and your friends.
你是朕的嘉宾!你的亲友也是
泰莫拉!今晚真是值得庆祝
This day shall be a love-day, Tamora.
[Chuckles]
陛下!明天要是您愿意的话
Tomorrow, an it please your majesty,
臣愿意陪同陛下一同去打猎
to hunt the panther and the hart with me.
好啊!泰特斯!就这么办吧
Be it so, Titus, and Gramercy too.
[Chains Rattling]
[Panting]
如今泰莫拉正照着她的计划
[Moor] Now climbeth Tamora Olympus’ top,
步步在往上爬
她现在己摆脱敌人的纠缠
safe out of fortune’s shot and sits aloft,
地位也逐渐地稳固下来
secure of thunder’s crack or lightning flash,
她于是便要一步步开始她的复仇
advanced above pale envy’s threatening reach.
黎明破晓!新的一天又展开
As when the golden sun salutes the morn…
阳光洒在大海上
and, having gilt the ocean with his beams,
带来无限生机
gallops the zodiac in his glistering coach…
也恩泽了群山遍野
and overlooks the highest peering hills.
而泰莫拉
So Tamora.
也在这美好的黎明时分中等待
Upon her wit doth earthly honor wait,
她的复仇之心是如此炽烈
and virtue stoops and trembles at her frown.
而我,爱伦,也在一旁迫不及待
Then, Aaron,
arm thy heart and fit thy thoughts…
我跟我的皇后情妇
to mount aloft with thy imperial mistress…
要一块儿赢取胜利
and mount her pitch, whom thou in triumph…
报我们当初所受的屈辱血仇
long hast a prisoner held fettered in amorous chains.
摆脱那奇耻大辱带给我们的梦魇
Away with slavish weeds and servile thoughts.
我将呈现出我最好的一面
I will be bright and shine in pearl and gold…
为这位新皇后服恃
to wait upon this new-made empress.
我刚刚是说“服侍”吗?
To wait, said I?
我要好好跟这位女王一块享乐
To wanton with this queen, this goddess,
这位女神
this Semiramis, this nymph,
她将把塞坦宁皇帝弄得神魂颠倒
this siren that will charm Rome’s Saturnine…
等候时机…毁掉这罗马帝国
and see his shipwreck and his commonweal’s.
老天
[Clanging]
那边在吵些什么
Holloa! [Man Shouting]
What storm is this? Away!
[Laughing, Gibbering]
[Screams]
[Laughing]
凯伦!你年纪根本还太小
[Man] Chiron, thy years wants wit.
你根本还是个侄儿
Thy wit wants edge and manners…
要跟我抢锋头…还早呢你
to intrude where I am graced,
急不得的!告诉你
and may, for aught thou knowest, affected be.
狄米崔斯!就算你年纪比我大吧
Demetrius, thou dost overween in all,
就算是这样
and so in this, to bear me down with braves.
就算你见识比我多
你也没那么了不起
[Laughing] Aw!
‘Tis not the difference of a year or two…
我们只差两岁!你别成那样
makes me less gracious or thee more fortunate.
你能办到的,难道我会不行吗!