To virtue, consecrate,
为了正义!为了国家
to justice, continence, and nobility!
让我父亲的荣耀在我身上延续
Then let my father’s honors live in me!
Nor wrong mine age with this indignity!
为这场圣♥战♥共同努力
But let desert in pure election shine,
罗马市民们!要争取自♥由♥!支持我
and, Romans, fight for freedom in your choice.
[Shouting]
[Crowd Cheering, Applauding]
[Shouting Continues]
两位王子
Princes…
两位为了王位!兄弟反♥目♥
that strive by factions and by friends ambitiously…
你们各自带领群众闹事
for rule and empery.
请听我说!人♥民♥己做了决定
Know that the people of Rome have by common voice…
希望由安卓尼克斯来继位
in election for the Roman empery chosen Andronicus.
他有高贵的情操
A nobler man,
并为国家立下汗马之劳
a braver warrior, lives not this day within the city walls.
而现在他打败了野蛮的高卢人
He by the senate is accited home from weary wars…
自战场凯族归来
against the barbarous Goths.
看在他的份上,求求两位
Let us entreat, by honor of his name,
先将你们的群众解散
that you withdraw you, dismiss your followers,
然后我们再一块儿表决
and, as suitors should, plead your deserts in peace…
选出王位该由谁来继承
and humbleness.
马克斯·安卓尼克斯
Marcus Andronicus,
我尊崇你那崇高正直的人格
so I do rely on thy uprightness and integrity,
以及你那杰出的一家人
and so I love and honor thee and thine…
你那高贵的兄长泰特斯
thy noble brother Titus and his sons…
及他的儿子们
and her to whom my thoughts are humbled all,
以及我的挚爱
我亲爱的拉维妮亚
gracious Lavinia, Rome’s rich ornament…
我在此解散我的追随老
that I will here dismiss my loving friends.
[Crowd Booing]
为了百姓福祉着想
And to my fortunes and the people’s favor,
请还是给我一个机会
commit my cause in balance to be weighed.
让我能为人♥民♥服务
[Murmuring, Booing]
[Cheering]
朋友们
Friends…
感谢你们的忠心耿耿
that have been thus forward in my right,
感谢你们!并请你们解散吧
I thank you all and here dismiss you all.
为了我挚爱的人♥民♥与国家
And to the love and favor of my country…
我在此宣誓
commit myself, my person,
只要让我做上皇帝
我将为人♥民♥牺牲,奉献到底
and the cause!
[Cheering]
同胞们
Rome…
我对各位尽心尽力
be as just and gracious unto me…
请你们也要支持我登基
as I am confident and kind to thee.
让我们携手共创未来
Open the gates and let me in!
我亲爱的哥哥
Long live Lord Titus, my beloved brother.
谢谢你!执政官!
Thanks, gentle tribune,
亲爱的弟弟
noble brother Marcus.
欢迎你们凯族归来!侄儿们!
And welcome, nephews, from successful wars,
让我为你们及你们…
you that survive and those that sleep in fame.
死去的兄弟致上敬意
泰特斯·安卓尼克斯
Titus Andronicus,
我身为罗马的执政官
the people of Rome send thee by me,
在此代表人♥民♥们
their tribune and their trust,
将这神圣信物交付于你
this palliament of white and spotless hue,
将你列入王位继承人之一
and name thee in election for the empire…
与两位王子一道角逐
with these our late-deceased emperor’s sons.
请接受我们心意
Be candidatus, then,
出马角逐王位
and put it on,
为群龙无首的罗马选出龙头
and help to set a head on headless Rome.
我太老了!已经不中用了
A better head her glorious body fits…
怎么能担当这么重大的职责呢
than this that shakes for age and feebleness.
罗马同胞们!我己在军旅…
Rome, I have been thy soldier 40 years…
为各位效犬马之劳四十余年之久
尽心尽力地保卫国家
and led my country’s strength successfully…
我的儿子们也都为国捐躯
and buried one and 20 valiant sons.
我活到这把年纪,能有这番荣耀
Give me a staff of honor for mine age,
已经心满意足
but not a scepter to control the world.
不需要再有虚浮的名位
那都是身外之物
Upright he held it, lords, that held it last.
你就不要推辞了嘛!哥哥
Titus, thou shalt but ask and have the empery.
这全是阴谋!
Proud and ambitious tribune, canst thou tell?
塞坦宁殿下,请稍安勿躁
Patience, Prince Saturnine. Romans!
同胞们!请支持我!
Do me right!
拔出你们的剑!
Patricians, draw your swords and sheathe them not…
用武力来支持我!
till Saturninus be Rome’s emperor!
安卓尼克斯!你个狼子野心!
Andronicus, would thou wert shipped to hell…
想践踏我在人♥民♥心中的地位
rather than rob me of the people’s hearts!
王子殿下,别激动
Proud Saturnine, interrupter of the good,
家父绝对没有恶意
that noble-minded Titus means to thee.
殿下,请稍安勿躁
Content thee, prince.
我会恢复你在人♥民♥心中的地位的
I will restore to thee the people’s hearts…
但要让他们来决定谁来登基
and wean them from themselves.
[Chattering]
安卓尼克斯
Andronicus,
我极为景仰你崇高的人格
I do not flatter thee but honor thee,
至死不渝
and will do till I die.
如果你愿意效忠我的话
My faction, if thou strengthen with thy friends,
我绝不会亏待你的
I will most thankful be.
罗马同胞以及各位长老们
People of Rome and people’s tribunes here,
我在此恳求各位的协助
I ask your voices and your suffrages.
各位愿意支持我的决定吗
Will you bestow them friendly on Andronicus?
安卓尼克斯,你为国家鞠躬尽瘁
To gratify the good Andronicus…
如此的劳苦功高
and gratulate his safe return to Rome,
不管你说谁当皇帝,我们都会接受
the people will accept whom he admits.
各位长老们,感谢各位支持
Tribunes, I thank you, and this suit I make…
我现在正式提议,希望各位能选…
that you create your emperor’s eldest son,
先皇的长子,塞坦宁殿下继位
Lord Saturnine, whose virtues will, I hope,
希望他能带领罗马迈进下一轮盛世
reflect on Rome as Titan’s rays on earth.
如果各位同意我的提案
And if you will elect by my advice,
便请为他加冕,并随我高喊
crown him and say,
吾皇万岁,万万岁!
“Long live our emperor!”
万岁,万万岁!
Long live our emperor Saturnine!
[Cheering]
罗马同胞们
Patricians and plebeians,
现在塞坦宁陛下正式登基
we create Lord Saturninus Rome’s great emperor…
大家一起欢呼吾皇万岁,万万岁!
and say, “Long live our Emperor Saturnine!”
泰特斯·安卓尼克斯
[Saturninus] Titus Andronicus,
你此番护驾有功
for thy favors done to us in our election this day,
朕在此表示感激
I give thee thanks in part of thy deserts…
同时,为了表扬你高贵的情操
and will with deeds requite thy gentleness.
以及荣耀你的家族
And, for an onset, Titus,
朕在此宣布
to advance thy name and honorable family,
朕将迎娶你的女儿维拉妮亚为后
Lavinia will I make my empress,
她将成为罗马的国♥母♥
Rome’s royal mistress,
朕会好好疼爱她
mistress of my heart…
让她享尽荣华富贵
[Scoffs]
And in the sacred pantheon her espouse.
安卓尼克斯!对这项提议满意吗?
Tell me, Andronicus, doth this motion please thee?
怎么样?
Hmm?
臣不胜感激
It doth, my worthy lord,
臣觉得万分荣耀
and in this match I hold me highly honored of your grace.
陛下愿意临幸小女
罗马人♥民♥为证
[Titus] And here, in sight of Rome,
我在此宣誓…我对陛下的宗诚
to Saturnine, king and commander of our commonweal,
伟大的吾皇
the wide world’s emperor,
臣为你献上
do I consecrate my sword, my chariot, and my prisoners:
此番战胜的战利品及伏虏
恭请陛下检阅
Presents well worthy Rome’s imperial lord.
谢谢你!泰特斯
Thanks, noble Titus,
上天啊
father of my life.
朕感谢你赐给朕这些礼物
How proud I am of thee and of thy gifts…
这是历史上伟大的一天
Rome shall record.
朕感到万分荣耀
And when I do forget the least of these unspeakable deserts,
这也是罗马的荣耀
Romans, forget thy fealty to me.
夫人!现在你归皇上处置
Now, madam, are you prisoner to an emperor…
是生是死,都由皇上决定
to him that, for your honor and your state,