Excuse me.
坏消息对吗,船长?
Bad news, Captain?
嗯,不,Strauss先生
Um, no, Mr. Strauss,
就是些
just, uh…
例行公事
Routine.
你和Strausee夫人好好享用早餐吧
You and Mrs. Strauss enjoy your breakfast.
Ismay先生。
CAPTAIN: Mr. Ismay.
在呢,怎么呢
Ah, yes, what is it?
Baltic船发来的消息
A message from the ship Baltic
注意冰山的情况
regarding ice conditions.
我听说你和我的船员们讨论了
I’m told that you’ve been discussing operation of the ship
船的运作
with my crew.
是的,关于速度
Yes, with regard to our speed.
我想这应该是我作为董事长的特权吧
It’s certainly within my prepogative as chairman.
一切都进行的顺利
Things are running smoothly–
机械装置经受住了测试
the machinery is bearing the test,
锅炉运作的很好
the boilers are running well.
船平稳的很
The ship is steady,
如果用上我们闲置的力量
and with power to spare.
我们完全可以打破奥林匹克记录
We can beat the olympic’s record
在星期二就能到纽约
and be in New York on Tuesday.
我并没有提前一天到达的打算
I see absolutely no purpose in arriving a day early.
我也没有闲庭信步的打算
Yes, and I see no purpose in meandering,
按照那些为低等船设计的时间表航行
keeping to a schedule devised for inferior vessels.
但总有些基本的
But there are basic…
安全程序,无论如何
safety procedures nonetheless.
我希望这艘船能展现出她所有的潜力
I want this ship to perform to its full potential.
往后,关于这艘船有什么要讨论的
in future, if there’s any discussion about the operation of this ship,
别忘了第一个找我
it must be cleared with me first.
这可能是我最后一次航行了
This may be my last crossing…
但我现在仍然是船长
but I am still the captain.
Wynn?
Wynn?
早上好
Good morning.
早上好
Good morning.
你睡不着?
You couldn’t sleep?
睡不着
No.
我也睡不着
Me, neither.
我刚刚在想你
And I was up thinking about you–
你的生活
your life…
还有你的女儿
and your daughter…
克莱尔
Claire.
我是个假小子
She’s such a tomboy.
不喜欢漂亮的衣服
Hates fancy clothers.
她非常的聪明,充满好奇心
She’s very bright, curious.
她喜欢狗
She loves dogs.
她喜欢马,她经常和他的父亲一起骑马骑几个小时
She loves horses. She rides for hours with her father.
我们现在该怎们做呢?
What are we going to do?
这些年我一直在想
All those years I’ve wondered about you–
你去哪儿了,你在做些什么
where you were and what you were doing.
现在你就在这儿
And now you’re here.
和你在一起
With you.
4天
For 4 days.
[ footsteps and children’s voices ]
Oh.
Osa,你到美国后有什么打算?
Osa, what you going to do in America?
我打算和其他皈依者一起去明尼苏达州
I’m going to Minnesota with the other converts
去创建新的生活
to build a new life.
我想在这个世界上做些好事,Dickie先生
Oh, I want to do good in this world, Mr. Dickie.
做些好事?
Do good?
我想当一个教师或者护士
I want to be a teacher or a nurse,
生几个孩子
have children of my own.
把他们培养成好人
And raise them to be good souls
去帮助他们身边的人
and to help their fellow man,
像Jack先生教育他的孩子一样
like Mrs. Jack teaches her children.
哦,Jack先生对我也很好
Oh, the Jacks have been so kind to me.
你的梦想是什么?
What’s your dream?
我的梦想?
My dream?
对
Yeah.
你有梦想,我能从你的眼里看出来
You have a dream. I can see it in your eyes.
你知道吗,Osa
You know something, Osa?
我确实有个梦想
I do have a dream.
你看过电影吗
Have you ever seen one of those moving pictures?
电影?
Moving pictures?
我曾经在狂欢节上看到过一次
Yeah. I saw one at a carnival peep show once.
我把眼睛对着箱子上的那个小孔
I put my eye to the hole in the box,
看到了里面的人
and there was people in there–
在动的那种
moving.
我的意思是,他们并不是真的在里面
Oh, I mean, they wasn’t really in there,
但看起来像是
but it was like they was.
里面还有一个美人
There was this beauty,
玛丽·皮克福德
Mary Pickford.
这就是我的梦想
That’s my dream.
玛丽·皮克福德?
Mary Pickford?
不不,不是她
No, no, not her.
我的意思是,我的梦想是成为一份子
I mean, my dream is to be a part of it,
成为电影里的一份子
part of the moving pictures.
Well…
那你必须为此努力实现你的梦想
then you must work for it and make it happen.
哦,蠢透的管子梦想
No, stupid pipe dream.
无论如何
Anyway…
你倒是可以去拍电影
you could be in the moving pictures.
我的意思是,你可比玛丽·皮克福德还要美
I mean, you’re– you’re much prettier than Mary Pickford.
这么
Well…
电影听起来不错
moving pictures sound nice,
但盒子里的图像不是我要找的
but I’m not looking for pictures in a box.
你在寻找什么?
What you looking for?
上帝
God.
CHILD: Osa, Osa.
抓不着我们
CHILD 2: Can’t catch us.
他们说我们处在一个新世纪的黎明
CAPTAIN: They say we’re at the dawn of a new age.
下面的燃料
The fires below are sending
给螺旋桨送去了50000马力
50,000 horsepower to the propellers.
谁知道100年后
Who knows what kind of progress
人类会有怎样的进步
we’ll see in the next 100 years?
我们很快就能靠飞机穿过大西洋了
Soon we’ll be flying across the Atlantic in airplanes.
但没有什么能像她一样
But nothing will ever be like this again–
能像泰坦尼克号♥一样
Nothing like the Titanic,
这样大,这样充满力量
a boat this big and powerful…
而且这么的漂亮
and so beautiful.
有传言说我们会提早一天到
There’s a rumor we’ll be landing a day early.
仅仅是传言
Only rumors.
Smith船长
Captain Smith…
我们能不能贿赂你
could we bribe you
让你慢慢来
to take your time,
减慢一点我们的行程呢
to meander off course a little?
我知道你的意思
I know what you mean.
我想我会怀念这一切的
I suppose I will miss all of this.
就像有魔力一般
There’s a magic to it.
我最享受的就是站在这儿
I enjoy it most right here
方向盘后面
behind the wheel.
这里让我觉得神圣
It’s almost sacred.
我能驾驶它吗?
May I steer it?
哦,你说的对
Oh, you’re right.
这太神奇了
It is magical.
我能感受到我脚下的力量
I can feel the power beneath my feet.
你确定你知道去纽约的方向吗
Are you sure that you know the way to New York?
哦,不
Ha ha! No, I don’t.
也许我该直接掉头把它开回英国
Maybe I’ll just turn it around and go back to England.
听起来怎样?
How does that sound?
这不公平
It’s not fair.
她是有夫之妇
She’s a married lady.
那你在期待什么?
Well, what do you expect?
当女人投怀送抱的时候