我的弟弟还有我的姐妹
my little brother and sisters.
他们的生活太艰难了
Their life is so hard.
我想的只有未来
I try to think of the future only,
让你一样的生活
like you.
不不,别像我
No. No, not like me.
你不会想要像我一些生活的
You don’t want to be like me.
总之,总有一天你要派人去接你家人的
Anyway, you’ll send for your family someday.
是的,你怎么知道的
Yes. How do you know that?
你又不了解我
You don’t know me.
这个,我知道你很好
Well, I know that you’re good,
你个好人
a good person.
也许是我见过的唯一一个好人
Maybe the only good person I’ve ever known.
[ morse code signal beeping ]
那么,额,
So, uh…
哪个是哪个?
which is which, then, eh?
哦,绿色是我去过的地方
Oh. Green’s where I’ve been.
黄色是我想去的地方
Yellow’s where I want to go.
这样,你知道吗,Phillip
Right. You know, uh, Phillips,
你可能是唯一一个
you’re probably the only bloke
会把广♥告♥当真的家伙了
that took the ad seriously.
加入无线电公♥司♥,好好看看这个世界
“Join the Marconi company see the world.”
对啊,我们不就在这吗
Hey, well, here we are.
是啊,看世界?
Yeah, like hell. See the world?
我们怎么看世界?
How are we suppose to see the world, Phillips,
困在这个小房♥间里?
stuck in this bloody Brom closet?
我是Wynn Park,希望有我的电报
Wynn Park. I’m expecting a Marconi-Gram.
是的,Park先生
Oh, yes, sir, Mr. Park.
这里的电报真多
There’s so many messages coming and going.
找到了
There we are.
给你,先生
There you are, sir.
希望还有更多的
I’ll be expecting several others.
我希望他们被立刻送过来
I’d like them delivered immediately.
当然,先生
Right, sir.
一帆风顺
Smooth sailing all the way.
希望如此
I hope so.
Hoo.
谢了,先生
Cheers, governor.
这时双鹰头像
It’s a double eagle.
20美元的硬币呢
It’s a $20 piece.
看
Look at that.
锡矿
Tin mines.
你的电报机会说锡矿吗?
Didn’t that wire say tin mines?
你会把它劈开分我一半吗
Uh-huh. You split that with me?
当然
Right.
– Ahh. – Oh-ho-ho.
Hey?
请原谅我,我让你讨厌了
“Please forgive me. I was a bore.”
哦,Wynn
Oh, Wynn.
红裙子
A red dress?
你看到了吗,红裙子
Do you see that, a red dress?
这怎么行,她还在戴孝呢
It can’t be. She’s in mourning.
看来她已经恢复过来了
She appears to have recovered.
Pomme Duchesse.
Pomme Duchesse.
我来自那儿
Where I come from,
我们把土豆称为马铃薯
we call a spud a spud.
她不能坐在这儿,我不允许有这样的事
she’s not sittng here. I won’t have it.
这太失礼了
This is a disgrace.
Hazel.
她的阿姨去世
It’s only been a few months
才几个月
since her Aunt Grace passed away.
她应该拿出些敬意
She ought to show some respect,
尽管她的阿姨… 走得很快
even though her aunt was… fast.
Paradine夫人
Mrs. Paradine.
你觉得好些了吗?
You feeling better?
是的,Ismay先生,谢谢
I am, Mr. Ismay, thank you.
我想吐了
I feel queasy.
Park先生呢?
Mr. Park?
他有些急事要处理
Oh, he had urgent business.
我听说玻利维亚政♥府♥
I understand the Bolivian government
已经同意他开锡矿了
has given him permission to open some tin mines.
那多危险
That’s dangerous.
想想那些搞土地改革的zapata小伙子
That– that Zapata fellow.
那是在墨西哥,亲爱的
That’s Mexico, my dear.
一回事
It’s the same thing.
哦,他来了
Oh, here he is.
我就知道他不会让我们失望的
I knew he wouldn’t disappoint us.
晚上好,抱歉我来晚了
Evening. I’m sorry I’m late.
是矿上的事,对吧?
So, it’s mining, is it?
要坚持不懈
Takes perseverance.
我和我丈夫,在别人放弃的时候我们从不放弃
Me and my man, we never gave up when others did.
我们的小Johnny矿山
Our little Johnny mine turned out to be
变成了世界上最富有的金矿
the richest gold vein in the world.
当然,钱买♥♥不到幸福
Of course, it didn’t exactly buy us happiness.
是的,钱不能给我们所有我们想要的
Well, money doesn’t always get us what we want.
你情场失意了,Park先生?
You unlucky in love, Mr. Park?
我的家谱没有再添新枝
My family tree is missing a few branches.
我打算像那个女孩的父母证明
I set out to prove to a young lady’s parents
我配得上她
that I was worthy of her,
而她却嫁给了别人
and she married someone else.
Park先生,你可以拥有这世界上的任何女人
Mr. Park, you could have any woman in the world.
除了我想要的那个
Except the one I want.
你要去玻利维亚了对吗,Park先生
You’ll be going there, Mr. Park, to Bolivia?
是的
Yes.
到纽约后就去
As soon as we land in New York.
你可以来参加我们璐璐的生日聚会
Oh, you can come to our Lulu’s birthday party.
我的意思是,大概一周的时间
I mean, one little week.
玻利维亚政♥府♥可以等等
The Bolivian government can wait.
[ orchestra playing a tango ]
Paradine夫人
Mrs. Paradine.
你会跳探戈吗?
Will you tango?
我还以为你不会来问我呢,Park先生
I thought you’d never ask, Mr. Park.
亲爱的
My dear…
你忘了吗?
are you forgetting?
你还在戴孝
You are in mourning.
我已经戴孝的够多了
I’ve mourned enough.
哦,我简直要晕倒
Oh, my. I feel absolutely faint.
跳探戈?
Dancing the tango?
头盘菜我们都还没吃完呢
We haven’t even finished the first course.
他们已经跳到甜点了
They’re just skipping to dessert.
My.
[ music ends ]
[ knock on door ]
Wynn–哦
Wynn– oh.
你刚说什么,夫人?
I beg your pardon, ma’am?
不好意思,我以为是Park先生
Excuse me, I thought Mr. Par–
哦,我想他上楼去吃早饭了
Oh, I believe he went up for an early breakfast.
Paradine夫人,告诉你个好消息
Mrs. Paradine, I have wonderful news for you.
我终于说服了Rothes伯爵夫人
I have managed to convince the Countess of Rothes
现在她将换到这件客舱里里
that she absolutely must take this stateroom.
她的仆人已经收拾好了她所有的东西
Her servants have packed all her things,
现在我来请你搬过去
so, here I am ready to move you.
请我搬过去?
Move me?
你说你在这间客舱里待得不开心
Well, you weren’t happy in this suite,
而我的工作就是要让你开心
and it’s my job to make you happy.
哦,这个,不用了
Ah, yes, well, that won’t be necessary.
我现在在这挺开心的
I’m quite happy here now.
但是,我都已经安排好了
Yes, but I’ve arranged for it.
Rothes伯爵夫人
The Countess of Rothes–
我好不容易才安排好的
it took a great deal of maneuvering.
我,我已经改变心意了
I– I’ve changed my mind.
我在这儿住的很舒服,谢谢
I’m completely comfortable here. Thank you.
可是,我该怎么和Rother伯爵夫人交代?
Yes, but what do I tell the Countess of Rothes?
船真稳
MAN: Very smooth.
我昨晚睡得像个婴儿一样
I slept like a baby last night.
打扰一下