Did you see Mrs. Astor?
Astor夫人?
Mrs. Astor?
John Jacob Astor的夫人
Mrs. John Jacob Astor?
你不知道John Jacob Astor是谁?
You don’t know who John Jacob Astor is?
世界上最有钱的人
The richest man in the world?
我好想见过你
I think I know you.
你上个月是不是在开罗?
Were you in Cairo last month
和Henderson家的孩子在一起
with the Hendersons’ baby?
我从来没去过开罗
I never been to Cairo.
哦,Astor夫人
Oh, Mrs. Astor.
你的斗篷
Your cape.
你会着凉的
You’ll catch cold.
而且以你的身体状况
And in your condition…
外面这么冷,你得小心些
it’s chilly out here. You can’t be too careful.
你说的对,Miller
You’re right, Miss Miller.
我一直都跟我的妻子这么说的
I keep telling my wife that.
现在答应我你会好好吃晚餐
Now promise me you will eat a good dinner.
他们说人的身体需要这些东西
They say a body needs these things
他们发现的,叫什么维他命
they’ve discovered called Vitamins.
她吃的可少了
She eats like a bird, you know.
她现在是为两个人吃饭,而且她还没有获取足够的维他命
She’s eating for two now, and she’s not getting her Vitamins.
Ha ha ha ha ha.
再呆一会儿吧,John
Just a few more moments, John, please,
在我们走进餐厅之前
before we have to walk into the dining room.
我得冷静
I have to be calm– ha–
在他们说长道短时我得有风范
and regal when they all start to gossip.
来吧,亲爱的
Come, my dear.
[ music plays ]
[ laughing ]
Astor先生,Astor夫人
Mr. Astor, Mrs. Astor.
哦,是Astors夫妇
Mother Foley, the Astors.
Ah!
我以为他们会在他们的船舱里吃饭
I should think they would be dining in their stateroom.
他们一定是在Cherbourg上的船
I mean, the nerve, They must have boarded at Cherbourg.
Astor先生是白星公♥司♥的常客
Mr. Astor is a frequent passenger on the white star line.
但并不是和她在一起,我知道真正的Astor夫人
But not with her. I know the real Mrs. Astor,
第一个Astor夫人
the first Mrs. Astor.
听说她怀孕了
They say she’s expecting.
嗯,她可能生一群小Astor
Well, she could have a litter of little Astors,
但她一定不会被上层社会所接受
but she will never be accepted in polite society.
管他什么上层社会呢
Ah, the hell with polite society.
打扰一下
Oh, excuse me.
Smith船长
Captain Smith.
额,我能帮你什么呢,夫人?
Ah, how may I assist you, madam?
是璐璐
It’s about Lulu.
你女儿?
Uh, your daughter?
哦,实际上,她是我的孙女
Oh– ha– actually, my granddaughter.
你们总是搞错
We are always mistaken.
船长,我在想
Captain, I was wondering,
也许你知道船上有什么好绅士
perhaps you might know of some nice gentleman on board
可以陪伴璐璐
who might be of some company to Lulu,
高贵的
someone dignified,
有内涵的
substantial.
像你这样的,只要–
Someone like yourself, only–
只要–年轻一些
only, uh, younger.
不,不不不,不是年轻一些
No, no, no, no, not younger.
璐璐如此的不完善
Lulu is so incomplete.
年长一些的男人也好
Uh, an older man would be helpful.
我的意思是–
No, I– I meant someone…
更富有
Well-to-do. Wealthier.
没错,去欧洲的旅行真是一场灾难
Exactly. The trip to europe was disastrous.
哪些男人都是些想赚钱的外国人
All the men are foreigners, fortune hunters.
好吧,我答应你
Well, I promise you,
我会把我的眼睛睁的大大的
I will keep my eyes open.
哦,谢谢你,船长
Oh, thank you, Captain.
还要一瓶,先生?
Another bottle, sir?
在我们到纽约之前我想多喝点
I’d like it before we get to New York, if you don’t mind.
[ laughter ]
祝健康
Good health!
这是我第三次坐船长指挥的船了
This is my third crossing with the captain,
上次我都坐过他的位置
and last time I even sat at his table.
25年了,对吧
25 years, is it?
和白星公♥司♥在一起
With the white star line, yes.
敬世界上最伟大的船和最伟大的船长
The world’s greatest ship and the world’s greatest captain.
敬泰坦尼克号♥喧嚣的处♥女♥航
Here’s to a rip-roarin’ maiden voyage for us Titanic.
因为这是我最后一次航行了
Well, since it is my last voyage,
我更希望一些平静
I was hoping for something a little calmer.
我们现在跑的有多快?
How fast are we going, Captain?
我和Allison打了一个赌
I have a wager on with Allison here.
我说我们航行的速度超过20海里/小时
I say we’re traveling in excess of 20 knots.
请原谅
If you will excuse me.
Smith船长不喜欢讨论速度
Captain Smith doesn’t like to talk about speed,
但我想Allison先生一定会欠你钱
but I think it’s safe to say that Mr. Allison owes you some money.
Ohh.
布朗夫人,你还想要些牡蛎吗?
Now, Mrs. Brown, would you care for some more oysters?
哦,别介意我还真想要
Ooh! Don’t mind if I do.
它们很美味
They’re delicious.
肥大多汁
Big and fat and juicy.
我还想要些酒
Oh, and some more– some more wine, please?
拉菲罗斯柴尔德
Lafite-Rothschild.
我们在丹佛可喝不到这样的酒
We don’t get wine like this in Denver.
孩子,你还在这儿建了些小船,对吧,Isamy先生
Boy, you built some rowboat here, Mr. Ismay.
谢谢你有印象,布朗夫人
Well, I’m glad you’re impressed, Mrs. Brown.
是的,我注定要为20世纪建一艘船
Yes, I was determined to create a ship for the 20th century.
一艘梦幻之船
One must be a visionary.
现在推荐给你压制野鸡
Now, may I recommend the pressed pheasant,
或者叫 肉鸡
or perhaps the, uh, poularde poche a l’estragon.
哈哈,别再给我瘦不拉几的肉鸡了
Ha ha. No skinny little poularde for me.
我要吃烤羊肉了
I’m havin’ roast mutton,
羔羊和绵羊(法语)
agneau et mouton.
你说法语?
You speak french?
我雇了一个法语教师
I hired a french tutor.
他从香槟瓶里拔出一个软木塞,然后塞我嘴里
He pulled a cork from a champagne bottle and put it in my mouth–
塞的是软木塞,不是瓶子
The cork, not the bottle.
他说这样可以强迫我在说话的时候把嘴张开
He said it’d force me to hold my mouth open when I talk.
我告诉他大部分人其实都希望我把嘴巴闭上
Well, I told him most people preferred me with my mouth shut.
– Ha ha ha ha. – Ha ha ha ha.
我们把Paradine夫人给忘了
We are forgetting Mrs. Paradine.
这样一个盛宴
All this festivity.
小可怜,她亲爱的Grace阿姨最近在伦敦去世了
Poor darling. Her dear Aunt Grace passed recently in London.
这几个月来她都一个人在伦敦
All those months alone in London,
料理葬礼还有阿姨的一些事情
taking care of the burial and your aunt’s affairs.
我想这些事情一定,一团糟
I supposed things were… jumbled.
我们答应了你丈夫会好好照顾你的
We promised your husband that we’d watch over you
在回家的航行上
on the voyage home.
你人真好
That’s very kind of you.
Paradine夫妇在哈德逊有最漂亮的地♥产♥
The Paradines have the most beautiful estate on the Hudson,
还有他们可爱的小女儿
and their little girl is a dream.
Foley小姐,我能和你跳支舞吗?
Miss Foley, could I have the pleasure of a dance?
哦,当然,璐璐喜欢跳舞,Park先生
Oh, well, Lulu would love to dance, Mr. Park,
只要不是那糟透的土耳其舞
as long as it isn’t that abominable turkey trot.
人们有时忍♥不住会想这个世界会变成什么样呢
One wonders what the world is coming to sometimes.
注意姿态,璐璐
Posture, Lulu.
真是个有魅力的男人
Such a charming man,
而且长得真帅
and so very handsome.
我们的小璐璐还不算遭
Our little Lulu could do worse.
我们的小璐璐不能更好了
Our little Lulu couldn’t do any better.
他很精明,聪明
He’s shrewd– ha ha– intelligent.
而且富有
And loaded.
这样的婚事只要天堂才有
A marriage made in heaven.
你一定想跳舞,你也是个年轻的女人
You must long to dance, too a young woman like you.
可惜你被困在这套黑衣服里,因为这段时间发生的事
It’s so sad you’re stuck in black for the whole crossing.
精致的肤色
It doesn’t domuch for your…
也帮不了什么忙
delicate complexion.