姑娘,安静
Girl, quiet.
你能把死人吵醒
You’ll wake up the dead.
我做了个噩梦
It was a nightmare.
别管噩梦了
Enough about nightmares.
在这家人起床吃早饭之前
You’ve got to be on your way
你就得出发了
before the house is up for breakfast.
开心点,姑娘
Look alive, girl.
你这样无精打采的怎么找得到工作
You’ll never be hired looking cow-eyed.
我写了这张字条
I write this note.
我告诉你母亲我已经尽我所能的照顾你了
I told your mother I’d do what I could,
现在结束了
and now I done it.
带上你的帽子
Put your hat over your face.
你的信息都在简历里了
Your mug’s been in the papers.
你不能告诉他们真♥相♥
You can’t tell them the truth,
否则他们会让你打包回家的
or they’ll send you packing.
但是上帝憎恨说谎者
and God hates a liar,
所以你最好什么也不说,明白了吗?
so just keep your mouth shut. You hear me?
管住你的嘴巴。好了,赶紧吧。快点。
Keep your mouth shut.Well, hurry now.Go on.
你会说话吗?
Can’t you talk?
哦, Lorraine,
Oh, Lorraine,
她当然会说话了
of course she can talk.
你会让我吃糖吗?
Will you let me eat sweets?
Lorraine.
Lorraine
她太喜欢吃糖了
She gets far too many sweets as it is.
他父亲又不忍♥训斥
Her father cannot say no.
你会画画,会给我讲故事吗?
Will you paint with me and read me stories?
她当然会了,对吧,爱丽丝? Of course she will,won’t you, Alice?
是的夫人
Oh, yes, ma’am.
快看特雷弗对爱丽丝笑了
Has Trevor got one of his famous smiles for Alice?
我们的保姆就这么丢下我们。
LORRAINE: Our nanny walked out on us.
不能这么说
Well, not quite
但是她的离开的确让我们一团糟
but she did leave us in a pickle.
我们得尽快找一个保姆
We need to find a replacement quickly.
我们要坐大船啦!
We’re going on a big boat!
是的,亲爱的
That’s right, dear.
每天我们将要登上去纽约的大船
Tomorrow we get on a big boat for New York.
你希望Alic和我们一起去吗?
Would you like Alice to come with us?
不知道
I don’t know.
我们当然希望
Well, of course you do.
你呢,Trevor?
What about you, Trevor?
你喜欢Alice吗?
Do you like Alice? Hmm?
也许你该抱抱他
Maybe you should hold him.
我得让他习惯你
I’d like him to get used to you
在我们上船之前
before we sail.
你应该这样扶着他的头
You’re supposed to hold his head.
嗯,便条上写着
Uh, the note said
你对照顾小孩很有经验
that you’ve had experience with babies.
我的意思是,这很重要
I mean, that’s imperative.
是的,夫人。我有经验
Oh, yes, ma’am. I got experience.
我喜欢孩子
I love children.
我就是太紧张了
I– It’s just nervous, that’s all.
好吧,在我们身边不用太紧张
Ohh, well, there’s no need to be nervous around us.
我们只是普通人
We’re just regular people.
最重要的事情是
The most important thing
你要给我们的孩子爱的呵护
is that you give our children loving care.
哦,天啊,你真是一个幸运的女孩
Oh, my heavens, what a lucky girl you are.
你将坐上泰坦尼克号♥
You’ll be sailing on the Titanic.
船员们都到位了吗?
Is the crew in order?
是的,这些船员都很棒,先生
Aye, it’s a fine bunch, sir.
很多我都认识
I know quite a few of them.
他们很多都是来自南安普顿的同一个市区
Most come from the same neighbourhood here in southampton,
但这900个人从来没有作为一个团体一起航行过
but these 900 men never sailed together as a crew before,
这还真让人有点困惑
so there’s a bit of confusion.
总的来说,他们是我见过的最棒的船员
Still, all in all, they’re as proud a bunch as I’ve ever seen.
是啊,为这艘船服务的最好的船员
Indeed, to serve aboard this vessel.
嗯,船长,他们也都是你的船员
Uh, also, Captain, well, to serve under you.
谢谢,Lowe先生
Well, thank you, Mr. Lowe.
处♥女♥航总会让人有些不安
There’s always a bit of apprehension on a maiden voyage,
但我对我所有的船员们
but I have the greatest faith
有信心
in all of my officers and men,
也包括你自己,先生
including yourself, sir.
现在恐怕我要面对
Now I’m afraid I must face
航行中最艰险的部分了——
the most perilous part of the voyage–
应对那些记者
meeting all of those reporters.
这是世界上最大的可移♥动♥的人造的构造
We have here the largest movable manmade structure in the world.
一条超级大船
A supership, if you will.
11层楼那么高,5个街区那么长
11 stories high. 5 city blocks long.
这么大一艘船,她不得不比Lusitania号♥开的慢些
A boat this big, it has to be slower than Lusitania.
然而Lusitania号♥有图书馆吗?
Does the Lusitania have a library,
有游泳池吗?有土耳其风的浴室吗?
a swimming pool, turkish baths?
我们提供的是奢华。这是一个巨大的陈列柜
We’re offering luxury. A colossal showcase.
而且我向你保证,年轻人
And I can assure you, young man,
这艘船可绝不会输给Lusitania号♥
that this ship will give the Lusitania a run for her money.
Ismay先生,这是你的观点还是船主的观点呢?
Is it your vision, Mr. Ismay, or the owner’s?
额,平心而论
Well, in all fairness to J.P. Morgan,
我得提醒你 是我的父亲创建了白星公♥司♥
may I remind you that my father founded the white star line.
现在,我,作为总监
Now, I, as managing director,
打算把它带入20世纪
intend to bring it into the 20th century.
额,这位是我们的船长
Ah, here he is our Captain.
Smith船长,这次航行后您真的要退休了吗?
Captain Smith, is it true you’re retiring after this voyage?
是的
That’s true.
你会不会写一本关于你冒险的书呢?
Will you be writing a book about your adventures?
这个,恐怕会是一本很薄的书
Well, it’d be a very short book, I’m afraid.
我并没有多少冒险
I haven’t had much adventure.
那关于事故呢?
What about wrecks, accidents?
额,倒是有些海啸
Well, there’ve been winter squalls
风暴和浓雾
and storms and fog,
但我真没有什么值得写的冒险奇遇
but I’ve never had any… adventure worth writing about,
没法给子孙们留下什么故事了
certainly not recording for posterity.
我的航行生涯太平无事
I’m afraid that I enjoy uneventful sea voyages.
就像这次航行一样吗,先生?
Like the one you’re embarking on, sir?
正是这样
Exactly.
造船现在已经成为了一项艺术
Shipbuilding has become such an art now
以至于灾难…
that disaster is…
已经无法想象了
unthinkable.
我的工作已经变得,额…
My job has become, um…
毫不费力
Uh, effortless.
谢谢
Thank you.
毫不费力
Effortless.
绅士们,我带你们看看餐厅
Gentlemen, might I point out the dining room.
好的
Oh, yes, please.
供你参考
For your information,
我们囤积了75000磅的鲜肉
we are stocked with 75,000 pounds of fresh meat…
11000磅的鲜鱼
11,000 pounds of fresh fish…
还有1120磅的果酱
and 1,120 pounds of marmalades and jams.
当然还有
And of course,
最好的酒
stock of the finest libations.
法国白兰地–等一下
Cognac– oh, one moment.
山迪文葡萄酒,1870年
Yes, “Sandeman Port, 1870.”
太好了
Very good.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们还有–额,不是那边!
And we have– uh, not there!
这些椅子应该放在
Those chairs should go
外面的私人步行区
on the private promenade outside.
嗯,它们应该被刷成深绿色
Uh, they should be a darker green.
它们在下次航行之前会被重新刷过
They will be repainted before the next sailing,
我可以保证
you can be sure of that.
我们已经看过所有的细节了
We have seen to every detail.
那关于救生船呢?
What about lifeboats?
我们是按照英国商会的
We have complied with the statutes
法令来办的