That’s totally fine, Kim. Thank you so much.
-美国梦 -好的
-The American Dream. -Okay, well…
-自♥由♥的梦想 -好的
– Dreams of freedom. – Okay.
-营养油 -还不错 托德
– Nutra-oil. – That’s not bad, Todd.
腰身的油 不对
Waist oil. No.
我想到了
I got it.
-我有确切的名字 -快说
-I have it. I have the exact– -Go, go!
想听吗 我想到这商品最确切的名称
You wanna hear? I got the exact right thing for this product.
胖乎乎替代品
Chubstitute.
胖乎乎替代品
Chubstitute?
-那是个玩笑 -不好笑
-It’s a joke. -It’s not funny.
-也许你觉得不好笑 但是… -我特意推荐你 乔恩
-Well, maybe not to you but– -I recommended you, Jon.
我用我的名字为你担♥保♥
I put my name on the line for you.
-告诉他们我中风了 -这一点也不好笑
-Tell them I had a stroke. -It isn’t funny.
这就是我的生活
This is my life.
这不是你的生活 这只是广♥告♥宣传
No, it’s not your life, it’s advertising.
这是在想办法唬弄人们
It’s figuring out how to trick people
-购买♥♥他们不需要的垃圾 -这其实复杂得多
into buying shit that they don’t want. Actually, it’s a lot more complicated than that.
我不明白你怎么能认真对待这件事
I don’t understand how you can take any of this seriously.
-他们付我酬劳 -钱不是万能的
-Because they pay me to. -Money isn’t everything.
-但也无妨 -你确定
-Well, it doesn’t hurt. -Are you sure about that?
你又在做什么崇高的事
What are you doing with your life that’s so noble?
-我在创造艺术 -世界欠缺的正是更多的艺术
-I’m making art. -That’s what the world needs. More art.
事实上是的 至少我没有助纣为孽…
Actually, yes. And at least I’m not perpetuating a system that’s–
少自以为是了 你在写音乐剧
Spare the self-righteousness, Jon. You’re writing musicals in your living room,
而不是拯救热带雨林
you’re not saving the rainforest.
天啊 我真希望自己能像你一样
Gosh, I wish I could be more like you,
把心思全用在开名车 穿名牌还住在有门卫的大楼
and spend my life caring about driving the right car and wearing the right suits and living in a doorman building.
我想要这些有什么不对 并非我们所有人都像你一样有选择
Why shouldn’t I want those things, Jon? Not all of us have options you do.
那些被你视为理所当然的事
All the things that you take for granted.
-像是什么事 -和你爱的人一起生活
-What? Like what? -Like a life with the person you love.
我愿意付出一切代价换取 你却对这嗤之以鼻
Do you know what I would give for that? You– You turn your nose up at it.
那就去做啊 你在犹豫什么
If that’s what you want, what’s stopping you?
我在犹豫什么 杰西赫尔姆斯和道德多数派
What’s stopping me? How about Jesse Helms and the Moral Majority?
管理这个国家的那些人
How about the people that run this country?
我不能结婚 不能生小孩
I can’t get married. I can’t have kids.
我们一半的朋友快死了 而另一半害怕自己快要死了
Half our friends are dying and the other half are scared to death they are next.
我很抱歉自己买♥♥了名车 乔恩
So, I’m sorry for getting a nice car, Jon.
我很抱歉搬进有中♥央♥供暖系统的公♥寓♥
I’m sorry for moving into an apartment with central heating.
很抱歉 我趁自己还没死 想好好享受人生
I’m sorry for enjoying my life while I still have time.
我得走了
I gotta go.
-一起搭地铁吧 -我宁愿走路
You wanna come take the subway? – I’d rather walk.
迈克
– Michael. Michael.
喂
Hello?
乔尼 亲爱的 我是罗莎
Johnny, darling. It’s Rosa.
-喂 -罗莎史蒂文斯
-Hello? -Rosa Stevens?
-我们为明天感到兴奋吗 -明天
-Are we excited for tomorrow? -Tomorrow?
你还记得有演示会
The presentation. You remembered the presentation?
记得 我把镇上每个制♥作♥人都找来了
Remembered it? I got every producer in town coming.
你得使出全力好好演出
So it better be good.
我会的 这肯定会很棒
Yeah, it’s, uh… it’s gonna be amazing.
我们来看看你这部音乐剧
Let’s see if we can’t get a bidding war started
能否挑起一场竞购战 你觉得呢
on this musical of yours. What do you say?
肯定可以的
Yes, sure.
好的 亲爱的
Okay, doll.
查理 帮我打给哈尔普林斯
Charlie, get me Hal Prince on the line.
罗莎 我…
Rosa? Um, I–
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
我知道
Yeah. I know, I know, I know.
糟糕
Oh, no.
你为什么没事先通知我付款迟交了
Why wouldn’t you have called me to tell me my payment was late
就切断我的电源 这算什么
before you just cut off my power? How is–? How does that make sense?
-如同我解释过的 你已收到通知… -不 你给我听好了
Sir, as I explained before, you received a notice–No, no, no, listen.
你不明白 我有一个工作坊
You don’t understand. I have a workshop.
我的音乐剧在十二小时后将公开演示
I have a public presentation of my musical in 12 hours…
先生 如果你继续提高声量…
Sir, if you are going to raise your voice…
我很抱歉 我现在就能通过电♥话♥付账
I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Look, look, look. I can pay you over the phone, right now.
-我手上拿着信♥用♥卡♥… -计费办公室关门了
-I have my credit card right here… -The billing office is closed.
我很乐意付清欠款
I would love to figure it out right now.
计费办公室今晚已关门了
The billing office is closed for the night.
-那我该怎么办 -先生 我已经说了 请致电…
-What am I gonna do? -Sir, like I’ve said, call–
-喂 -嘿 贝丝
– Hello? – Hey, Beth. Hey.
你好吗 我是乔恩
How are you? It’s Jon.
嗨 乔恩
Hi, Jon.
嗨 苏珊在吗
Hi, um… is Susan there?
她不想跟你说话
She doesn’t wanna talk to you, Jon.
好的
Yeah.
好的
Sure, sure. Uh…
你能帮我传话吗
Well, can you… um… can you give her a message for me?
-什么事 -是这样的
-What is it? -Well, it’s just, you know…
我想提醒她 我的工作坊明天开始
I wanted to remind her that tomorrow is my workshop and you know, I…
我知道我无权提出要求
I know I don’t have any right to ask this. It’s just that…
但我很希望她能出席
I would just really love her to be there.
我会转告她的
I’ll tell her you called.
看吧
Here I am.
我奉献了青春创作的音乐剧
The musical to which I have devoted my youth
即将公开展示给纽约每一位制♥作♥人
is about to be put on public display for every producer in New York.
但我还没替剧中最重要的歌♥
I haven’t written a single note or a single lyric
写出一个音符或一首歌♥词
of the most important song in the show.
家里断电了
I have no electricity.
我最好的朋友在生我的气 我的女友不愿跟我说话
My best friend is furious with me. My girlfriend isn’t speaking to me.
我想到能做的一件事
And there is only one thing I can think of to do:
游泳
Swim.
我讨厌这个更衣室 苏珊为什么不接我电♥话♥
♪ I hate this locker room Why won’t Susan answer my calls? ♪
汗 湿 回声 气味 地狱 说唱
♪ Sweat, wet, echo Smell, hell, rap ♪
提高音量吧 热 湿 热 汗
♪ Pump up the volume Hot, wet, hot sweat ♪
水温如何
♪ How’s the water? ♪
拉伸再拉伸 在泳镜上吐口水
♪ Stretch, stretch Spit in the mask ♪
模糊的视线 测试一下水温
♪ Cloudy vision Test the water ♪
考虑潜入水中对肌肤的冲击
♪ Contemplate the dive The shock to the skin ♪
准备好承受那种痛 痛 痛
♪ Anticipate the pain, the pain, the pain The pain, the pain now ♪
一 二 三 换口气 七
♪ One, two, three, Oh, bite the air, seven ♪
是那个女孩 一 二 三
♪ There’s that girl One, two, three ♪
哦 再换口气 那光滑柔软的皮肤
♪ Oh, bite the air Smooth, soft skin ♪
二 三 换口气 十三
♪ Two, three Oh, bite the– Thirteen ♪
长腿 棕色皮肤和湿头发
♪ Long legs, brown skin and wet hair ♪
哇 湿头发
♪ Whoa, and wet hair ♪
罗莎有没有听过我的录音带
♪ Has Rosa even listened to my tape? ♪
踢腿 伸展 风车手臂 眼睛往前看 脚伸直
♪ Kick, stretch, windmill arms See the hand, point the feet ♪
湿头发 放轻松 这家伙太慢了
♪ Wet hair Relax, this guy’s too slow ♪
十五 我能撑到四十吗
♪ Fifteen Can I make it to 40? ♪
太慢了 触碰他的脚后跟 快让开
♪ Too slow Touch his heel, move! ♪
接听我的电♥话♥ 红色细条纹
♪ Answer my calls! Red thin stripe ♪
五十尺 六十尺 她长得真像苏珊
♪ Fifty feet, sixty feet She looks like Susan ♪
苏珊很漂亮
♪ Susan’s beautiful ♪
宣泄 别想 发泄出来吧
♪ Out, don’t think, out, out Let it out ♪
保持肩膀向下
♪ Keep the shoulder down, down ♪
这很容易 不太难
♪ Easy, not too hard ♪
找出动作的协调点
♪ Find the movement’s origin ♪
手臂不对 肩膀不对
♪ Hands, no Shoulder, no ♪
手肘也不对
♪ Elbows, no ♪
背部再低点 是的 再低点
♪ Lower, from the back Yes, lower ♪
三十九 四十
♪ Thirty-nine, 40 ♪
保持在中心点
♪ Center, center ♪
向前移♥动♥
♪ Forward motion ♪
透过水面
♪ Through the water ♪
清醒过来吧
♪ Come to your senses ♪
-逃离 -清醒过来吧
-♪ Escape ♪ -♪ Come to your senses ♪
清醒过来吧
♪ Come to your senses ♪
我在翱翔
♪ I am soaring ♪
-我沉入水底 -你在广播中