-♪ I’m the water ♪ -♪ You’re on the air ♪
-作为骑士的你 -我在地下铁
-♪ You as the knight ♪ -♪ I’m underground ♪
作为女王的我
♪ Me as the queen ♪
(清醒过来吧)
演出即将开始
The show is about to begin.
房♥间里空无一人
The room is completely empty.
演出即将开始而我正在望着
The show is about to begin, and I am looking
六十张空荡荡的折叠椅
at 60 empty folding chairs.
嗨
Hi.
嘿 天才少年
Hey, boy genius.
我这周日就年满三十岁了
I’m turning 30 on Sunday, you know.
那祝你生日快乐
Oh, well, happy birthday.
谢谢
Thank you.
-三十还年轻 知道吧 -没人来
-Thirty’s still young, you know. -No one’s here.
现在还不到9点
Oh. It’s not even 9:00.
演示会10点才开始
The presentation doesn’t start till 10:00.
那就好
That’s good.
真棒
Cool.
好的
Okay.
-你能看着谱唱吗 -能
-Can you sight read? -Yeah.
慢慢地 奇迹般似的 人们开始出现
Slowly, miraculously, people start to show up.
-乔尼 -我一会儿就回来
– Johnny. – Be right back.
这真是不同凡响 看看这地方
This is phenomenal. Look at the space, it’s just phenomenal.
-这里是排练室 爸爸 -是百老汇的排练室
-It’s a rehearsal studio, Dad. -It’s a Broadway rehearsal studio.
-很厉害的 -我们为你感到兴奋
-This is the real thing. -We’re so excited for you, dear.
-谢谢 -付你酬劳吗
-Thank you. -Are they paying you?
没有
No.
-下次会有的 -是的
-Next time. -Sure.
-是为我们预留的位子 -不 那不是…
– Oh, look, for us. – No, that’s not…
-这是预留给其他人的 -你喜欢吗
-That’s for someone else, actually. -Mm. Do you like that?
你们可以坐在其他任何座位上
You can literally sit in any other seat.
-好的 祝你演出成功 -我们坐这里吧
-Okay. Break a leg. -Shall we sit there?
-我爱你 谢谢 -我爱你
-I love you. Thank you. -I love you.
他的头发好乱
His hair is ridiculous.
来了很多人
Good turnout.
是的 大多都是朋友
Yeah, mostly friends.
真是场噩梦
Mm, what a nightmare.
谢谢你能来
Thank you… for being here.
什么也阻挡不了我 乔恩 你懂的
Wild horses, Jon. You know that.
-祝你演出成功 -好的
-Oh! Okay. Break legs. -Yeah.
(预留座位)
谢谢
Oh. Thank you. Thank you.
艾拉 你这个好家伙
Ira, you son of a gun.
-乔纳森 你好吗 -罗莎
-Jonathan, how are you? -Rosa.
-乔恩拉森 -哦 他在这里
-Jon Larson. -Oh, there he is.
我最想看到的人 你感到紧张吗 不要紧张
Just the man I’m looking for. You nervous? Don’t be nervous.
-是的 有点紧张 -你当然感到紧张
-Yeah. A little nervous. Sure. -Of course you’re nervous.
第一次的音乐剧展示会 就像在时代广场做结肠镜检查一样
The first presentation of your musical is like having a colonoscopy in Times Square.
而结肠镜检查最糟糕的 不过是得知自己患有癌症
Only with a colonoscopy, the worst thing that could happen is you find out you have cancer.
但以音乐剧来说 你已被判死刑了
With a musical, you find out you’re already dead.
演出成功 我迫不及待想看
Have a good show. Can’t wait to see what you did.
不能再等了 已经延迟一刻钟了
We can’t keep waiting. It’s quarter past.
我知道
I know. I know. I know.
祝你演出成功
-Break a leg. -Okay.
过来吧 谢谢
Come here. Thank you.
大家好 欢迎你们
Hello. Hi, welcome.
我是乔纳森拉森
I’m Jonathan Larson.
好的
Whoa… Hey, well…
没必要 但是谢谢好意
You don’t have to do that. Thank you so much, that was very kind. Uh…
谢谢各位今早抽空前来
Thank you for being here, um, this morning. This is, um…
-那是斯蒂芬桑德海姆 -好的
– That’s Stephen Sondheim. – Right.
谢谢各位能出席 这是我创作的音乐剧《傲慢》
Like I was saying… Thank you all for being here. This is my musical, Superbia,
我写这部剧用了好一段时间
and I’ve been working on it for… a little while now.
我希望大家会喜欢
And I just really hope you all like it.
谢谢
Thank you.
接下来的一个半小时 我的记忆是模糊的
And the next hour and a half are a blur.
无论是有头有脸还是 有权有势的人全都将到场
♪ Everyone who ever has Or ever will be anyone will be there ♪
在娱乐界的历史上 从未有过如此的盛典
♪ Never in the history of entertainment Will there be an affair quite like it ♪
本世纪的大事件
♪ The event of the century ♪
是社交冒险体验的典范
♪ The quintessential social adventure ♪
我们不能错过这幸福的夜晚
♪ We cannot afford to miss This night of bliss ♪
有头有脸的人都认识有权有势的人
♪ Everyone who’s anyone knows Everyone who’s anyone knows ♪
有头有脸的人都认识有权有势的人
♪ Everyone who’s anyone Everyone who’s anyone knows ♪
大家都将到场
♪ Everyone will be there ♪
接着…
And then…
卡瑞莎走上前来唱我的新歌♥
Karessa steps forward to sing my new song.
在不到十二小时前完成
Not even 12 hours old.
我闭上眼
I close my eyes.
振作精神
I brace myself.
我不敢呼吸
I don’t dare take a breath.
但当我睁开眼时
But when I open my eyes…
眼前看到的不是卡瑞莎
I don’t see Karessa there.
你在广播中
♪ You’re on the air ♪
我在地下铁
♪ I’m underground ♪
信♥号♥♥减弱
♪ Signal’s fading ♪
寻觅不到
♪ Can’t be found ♪
我终于坦诚
♪ I finally open up ♪
为了你我愿意付出一切
♪ For you, I would do anything ♪
但你已关闭了音量
♪ But you’ve turned off the volume ♪
就在我开始唱的时候
♪ Just when I’ve begun to sing ♪
清醒过来吧
♪ Come to your senses ♪
防备不是解决之道
♪ Defenses are not the way to go ♪
你也明白 至少曾经明白
♪ And you know, or at least you knew ♪
还记得吗 在最开始时
♪ Can’t you recall when this all began ♪
只有你和我
♪ It was only you and me ♪
只有我和你
♪ It was only me and you ♪
我强颜欢笑
♪ I have to laugh ♪
我们上演了好戏
♪ We sure put on a show ♪
爱情在这个时代已经过时
♪ Love is passé in this day and age ♪
我们如何期望它成长
♪ How can we expect it to grow? ♪
作为骑士的你
♪ You as the knight ♪
作为女王的我
♪ Me as the queen ♪
可今晚我所拥有的
♪ All I’ve got tonight ♪
只是屏幕上的静止画面
♪ Is static on a screen ♪
清醒过来吧 停滞也没关系
♪ Come to your senses Suspense is fine ♪
若你只是空洞的图像
♪ If you’re just an empty image ♪
显示在屏幕上
♪ Emanating out of a screen ♪
宝贝 真实一点 你可以再次感受
♪ Baby, be real You can feel again ♪
你不需要音乐盒的旋律
♪ You don’t need a music box melody ♪
就能懂我的意思
♪ To know what I mean ♪
在我的眼睛深处 你看到了什么
♪ Deep in my eyes What do you see? ♪
在我深深的叹息中 请听我说
♪ Deep in my sighs Listen to me ♪
让音乐从心中浮现
♪ Let the music commence from inside ♪
运用五感而非只有一种
♪ Not only one sense, but use all five ♪
清醒过来吧
♪ Come to your senses ♪
清醒过来吧
♪ Come to your senses ♪
-清醒过来吧 -清醒过来
-♪ Come to your senses, yeah ♪ -♪ Come to your senses ♪
清醒过来吧
♪ Come to your senses ♪
宝贝 回来吧
♪ Baby, come back ♪
鲜明地活着
♪ Alive ♪
-喂 -嗨 亲爱的 我是罗莎
-Hello? -Hi, honey, it’s Rosa.
嗨 罗莎 谢谢你打来
Hi, Rosa. Thank you so much for calling.
你给我留了六个留言
Well, you already left six messages.
是的 有什么消息吗
Yeah. Um… So have you heard anything yet?
亲爱的 我一天下来只听到赞赏
Honey, I have heard nothing but raves all day long.
电♥话♥一个接一个
I’m getting call after call after call.
太好了 这真是好消息
Okay. Yes! That’s great news.
每个人都告诉我同样的事 “好一个乔纳森拉森
Everyone is telling me the same thing. “That Jonathan Larson!”
我迫不及待想看看 他接下来还有什么作品”
“I can’t wait to see what he does next.”
接下来是什么意思 《傲慢》音乐剧的制♥作♥呢
What do you mean, what I do next? What about Superbia?
我跟你说过多少次了 这部剧很难销♥售♥出去
I always told you, it was a tough sell.
这对百老汇来说太文艺了