你敢吗
Do you?
或许吧
I guess.
他真这么说吗 当着你面说的
He said what? To your face?
现在还没人有罪
No crime has been committed here.
不是吧 难道诋毁人格就不是罪吗
Oh, come on. Defamation of character ain’t a crime?
她若只是提问就不能算诋毁
It isn’t defamation if she’s simply asking a question.
怎么 你是白♥痴♥吗
What are you, an idiot?
不许叫我白♥痴♥ 迪克逊
Don’t call me an idiot, Dixon!
我没叫你白♥痴♥
I didn’t call you an idiot.
我问你是不是白♥痴♥ 提问而已
I asked if you was an idiot. That was a question.
-你被他套进去了 塞德里克 -就这样吗 快点
– He got you there, Cedric. – That’s it? Come on, man!
别发脾气啊
Hey! Don’t go flying off the handle.
你为什么要雇用他
Why in the hell you keep that man on?
他本质上是个好人
He’s a good man at heart.
他拷打过被拘押的人 比尔
He tortured a guy in custody, Bill.
没有…确切证据证明那是真的
There was no… real evidence to support that.
撤下来
Take ’em down.
-什么 -把那玩意撤下来
– Huh? – Take that shit down.
把什么玩意撤下来
Take what shit down?
小子 你以为我不会
Hey, boy. You think I wouldn’t
在大马路上把你揍趴下吗 瑞德
take you out right here on Main Street, Red?
我还以为你只揍黑人呢 迪克逊
I thought you only took out black dudes, Dixon.
不 不 住手
No! No! Stop it.
你敢动我一根汗毛试试 混♥蛋♥
You ever fucking touch me, motherfucker…
你喝醉了吗
You drunk?
-这么早就醉了啊 -起来
– Are you drunk right now? – Get up.
反正那条路也没人会走
Nobody ever goes down that road anyways.
除非迷路了 或者脑子有病
Unless they got lost. Or they’re retards.
最重要是别紧张
Well, don’t be nervous, is the main thing.
会很顺利的
It’ll go just fine.
当然了 别看镜头
Don’t look in the camera, obviously.
等这辆车过了就开始
Let’s hold for this car.
倒数三 二 一
In three, two, one.
米尔德里德·海斯 你为何竖起这些广♥告♥牌
So, Mildred Hayes, why did you put up these billboards?
我的女儿 安吉拉
My daughter, Angela,
在七个月前被绑♥架♥并遭到奸♥杀♥
…was abducted, raped and murdered seven months ago…
就在这条路上
…along this selfsame stretch of road.
你在看什么 妈妈 破新闻吗
What you watching, Momma? Stupid news?
在我看来 本地警♥察♥
It seems to me the local police department…
整天忙着到处拷打黑人
…is too busy going around torturing black folks…
完全没有心思去侦破真正的罪案
…to be bothered doing anything about solving actual crime.
我想着这些广♥告♥牌也许能让他们集中精力
I thought these billboards might concentrate their minds some.
操
Fuck.
老实说 我不知道警♥察♥都在干什么
I don’t know what the police are doing, to be honest with you.
我只知道我女儿烧焦的尸体
I do know that my, daughter’s burnt body is,
被埋在六尺之下
lying six feet underground.
而警♥察♥们每天只是吃甜甜圈
All they’re doing is eating Krispy Kremes…
和抓在停车场溜冰的小屁孩
…and busting eight-year-olds for skating around parking lots.
那威洛比局长
And Chief Willoughby,
为何要专门提到他
…why single him out?
他是警♥察♥的头儿 不是吗
He’s the head of them, ain’t he?
必须有人来承担责任
The buck’s gotta stop somewhere.
所以该由威洛比负责吗
And the buck stops at Willoughby?
没错 该由威洛比负责
Yeah, the buck stops at Willoughby.
绝对是这样
Dead right it does.
你还好吧
You all right there, fella?
看来我们有一场硬仗要打
Looks like we got a war on our hands.
我们能谈谈吗
Can we talk?
只要能抓住凶手 什么我都愿意做 海斯夫人
I’d do anything to catch the guy who did it, Mrs. Hayes.
但犯人DNA与有案底的犯人都不匹配
But when the DNA, don’t match no one who’s ever been arrested,
与全国范围内的犯罪记录也不匹配
…and when the DNA, don’t match any other crime nationwide,
在她离开你家
…and when, there wasn’t a single eyewitness…
到我们发现她这段时间内 又没有目击证人
from the time she’d left your house,to the time we found her, well…
眼下我们能做的实在有限
…right now there ain’t too much more we can do.
你们可以抽取镇上所有
Could pull blood from every man and boy in this town…
八岁以上男性的血样
…over the age of eight.
民权法不允许这么做 海斯夫人
There’s civil rights laws prevents that, Mrs. Hayes.
再说如果凶手只是路过小镇呢
And what if he was just passing through town?
那就抽取全国所有男性的血样
Pull blood from every man in the country, then.
那要是他只是路过这个国家呢
Then what if he was just passing through the country?
换做我的话 我会建立一个资料库
If it was me, I’d start up a database.
每个男婴儿出生 都要留下记录
Every male baby what’s born, stick them on it,
等他犯罪后
…and as soon as he done something wrong,
就交叉对比
…cross-reference it,
百分百确认匹配后
…make 100% certain it was a correct match,
就杀了他
…then kill him.
好吧 这个
Yeah, well, there’s…
民权法也是坚决禁止的
…definitely civil rights laws prevents that.
我已经竭尽所能追查凶手了
I’m doing everything I can to track him down.
我觉得那些广♥告♥牌不太公平
I don’t think those, billboards is very fair.
就在你来这里
The time it took you
找我抱怨这会儿 威洛比
to get out here whining like a bitch, Willoughby,
也许就有
…some other poor girl’s
其他可怜的女孩正被屠♥杀♥
probably out there being butchered right now.
你可真能分得清轻重缓急啊
But I’m glad you got your priorities straight,
了不起
I’ll say that for you.
还有一件事 米尔德里德
There’s something else, Mildred.
我得了癌症
I got cancer.
-我快死了 -我知道
– I’m dying. – I know it.
我知道 镇上大部分人都知道
I know it. Most everybody in town knows it.
那你还竖那些广♥告♥牌
And you still put up, those billboards?
你死了之后 广♥告♥牌就没那么有效果了 对吧
Well, they wouldn’t be as effective after you croak. Right?
瞧啊
Well, looky looky.
这不正是
If it ain’t the instigator
整件破事的煽动者吗
of this whole goddamn affair in the first place.
我才没煽动什么 迪克逊
I didn’t instigate shit, Dixon.
跟镇上的小矮子打桌球
Playing pool against the town midget.
他说得对 瑞德
He’s right, Red,
你在跟镇上的小矮子打桌球
…you are playing pool against the town midget.
是啊 他是警♥察♥ 观察力很敏锐的
You know, he’s a cop. You know, he’s observant.
我一向都不喜欢你 瑞德
I always disliked you, Red,
打从你还是个挂着鼻涕的小屁孩开始
…ever since you was a snotty little child.
你现在仍然像个挂着鼻涕的小屁孩
You still look like a snotty little child.
真可惜 我一直觉得你很棒
That’s unfortunate. I always thought you was great.
连你的名字 瑞德·韦尔比
Even your name, Red Welby.
连你的名字我都不喜欢
Even your name I disliked.
好吧
Well…okay.
听起来就像你是共♥党♥似的
Like you was some kind of goddamn communist or something…
-还很自豪 -不 是因为我有一头红发
– …and proud of it. – No, it’s ’cause I got red hair.
你知道他们在古巴如何对待基佬吗 韦尔比
You know what they do to faggots down in Cuba, Welby?
思维真够跳跃的
Wow, that’s left field.
古巴人到底如何对待基佬呢 迪克逊
No, what do they do to faggots down in Cuba, Dixon?
杀了他们
They kill ’em.
你也许会感到意外 但我反对这种做法
Which, it might surprise you to learn, I’m against.
我不确定在古巴基佬是否真的会被杀死 迪克逊
I’m not sure if they do kill faggots down in Cuba, Dixon.
我知道就同性恋来说
I know Cuba’s human rights record’s pretty deplorable…
古巴的人♥权♥记录很悲惨
…when it comes to homosexuality,
但严重到杀人
…but killing ’em?
你确定你想的不是怀俄明州吗
Are you sure you ain’t thinking of Wyoming?
你总是喜欢抖机灵
Always with the smart-ass. Jesus.
球打得不错 对吧
He’s quite good, isn’t he?
威洛比是个好人 看着我 你看着我
Hey, Willoughby’s a good man. Hey, look at me. Hey, look at me.
我好声好气地跟你说话
I’m talking nice to you now, aren’t I?
好声好气的
I’m talking nice to you.
威洛比是个好人 瑞德
Willoughby’s a good man, Red.
不该让他为这种事烦心
Shouldn’t have this be the only thing he thinks about,
他只剩下几个月了
…last months left to him.
只剩什么几个月
Last months what?
你…
Oh, you…
你不知道吗
…you didn’t know?