Thanks though. – Whatever you think.
你是做生意的是嘛
You’re in business, right?
是啊 肯定的
Yeah, last time I looked.
是这样 迈克尔要去一个大金融公♥司♥面试
Michael’s got this interview for a really big finance company.
能给他一些建议吗
And maybe you can give him a few tips?
苏西 没事
Suzy, it’s OK.
他为此还提出了一个很厉害的提案 -哪有
He’s actually got a really brilliant proposal for it. – Don’t.
行 你想跟我讲讲吗 -并不
You wanna pitch it to me? – Not really.
试试吧 -他也许能帮到你呢
Go on. – He might be able to help.
我对超♥市♥里的塑料袋有这么一个想法
I have this theory about plastic supermarket bags.
所有人都觉得是因为环保游说
Everyone thinks it was environmental lobbying
才让各大超♥市♥不再使用它们了
that got the supermarkets to ditch them,
但是我觉得是一个想法奇特的人在背后搞的
but I reckon it was some maverick guy on the inside.
他想法前卫
He’s ahead of the game.
他知道一次性塑料要被时代淘汰了
He knows single use plastic is on the way out,
但是他可以用它盈利
but he can make it profitable.
他找到他老板 然后说
He goes to his boss and says,
“听着 我们不能再随便赠送塑料袋了
“Look, we need to stop giving away plastic bags,
我们要向顾客展示我们的走向环保的巨大勇气
so let’s show our customers our big green balls
告诉他们自己带购物袋来
and tell them to bring their own bags.
这样我们不仅看起来有责任感还能节省一小笔钱”
We look responsible and we save a small fortune.”
但是这真正机智的地方在于…等待时机
But then the really clever bit… we bide our time.
之后几周 人们都开始忘带购物袋的时候
Then after a few weeks, when everyone’s forgetting their bags,
我们把塑料袋卖♥♥给他们
we sell them.
以前我们免费给 现在我们卖♥♥
We sell them something we used to give away for free.
这是环保袋 女士 就像你上周买♥♥的那样
A bag for life, madam, like you bought last week.
很好
Very good.
难道他们不把钱捐给慈善机构吗
Don’t they give the money to charity?
利润会捐的 但投资成本不会
The profit, yes, but not the capital cost.
所以 这是一份给零售部的提议
So, it’s a proposal for the retail sector?
不过是抛砖引玉罢了
That’s just a catchy example to introduce the premise.
整体是关于企业内部的文化变革
It’s about culture change within business.
如何实现利润最大化
How maximising profit
和环保议程并不相互排斥
and a green agenda are not mutually exclusive.
从我的角度来讲这个想法还可以
It’s not the worst idea I’ve ever heard.
谢谢
Thanks.
我的饭碗要不保了
Be after my job next.
那是儿童票
That’s the kid.
请出示车票或者铁路卡
Tickets and railcards, please.
迈克尔是个小甜饼 -是啊 不像你
Michael’s a smart cookie. – Yeah, unlike you.
你为什么要那么做 为什么退订那个场地
Why did you do that? Cancel the room?
还有四天就要开派对了 亚当
The party’s in four days, Adam.
他说那个地方帮他们的减了税…
Well, when he mentioned it reduced their tax bill…
我知道你也在考虑
I know you were thinking it too.
那地方不合适
It’s not the right place.
和我们想做的事不搭边
Not for what we’re doing.
我小小抗♥议♥一下
Tiny protests.
我为什么要那么做 就剩四天了
Why did I do that? It’s in four days.
我下班后来你的工作室一趟 咱们好好想想办法
I’ll pop by your office after work. We’ll sort it.
如果有顾客跟您取消了 给我回话 好吗
If you get any cancellations, bell me back, will you?
谢了 老板
Cheers, boss.
没有其他地方了
There’s nowhere available.
这是你赢的吗
Did you win this?
是啊
I did.
是干洗协会传媒颁奖委员会给我的
It’s from the Dry Cleaning Association Media Awards.
最佳印刷品第三名
Third place in the best print category.
我们给乔纳森打个电♥话♥看看他的地方还可以用不
Let’s just call Jonathan and see if his place is still free.
这是最简单的办法 -这就是你的解决办法
It’s the easiest thing. – That you sorting it?
不用把我的话放在心上 -不 只是…
Don’t take any notice of me. – No, it’s just…
那是我一直以来的追求
That’s what I’ve always gone for.
最简单的办法
The easiest thing.
而且我忍♥不住把你的话放在心上
And I can’t help but take notice of you.
那是个投影仪吗
Is that a projector?
是啊
Yeah.
里面存了超多老电影
Got loads of old movies.
我们以前晚上会坐在这儿看那些电影
We all used to sit up here at night and watch them.
我能看看嘛
Can I see?
电机已经烧坏了所以只能放在那儿
Motor’s burned out so it just sits there.
基本上是我整个职业生涯的写照
That’s basically a metaphor for my whole career.
为什么我们不在这儿办呢
Why don’t we just do it here?
那个派对 -我觉得不行
The party. – Don’t think so.
他们希望我能做到更多
They’ll be expecting more than me
而不只是把桌子推到墙边空出个场地
just pushing the desks against the wall.
上面有什么 -来 我带你看看
What’s up there? – Come. I’ll show you.
真美啊 -是啊
Beautiful. – Yeah.
就是从来没有真正地享受过罢了
Never really lays any more though.
你有没有过自己不曾真正活着的想法
You ever get the feeling like you’re not really living?
就像你的人生刚准备开始
You know, like your life’s just about to begin.
一直都有
All the time.
你知道我为什么买♥♥♥房♥♥子吗
You know why I bought my house?
我们那个村有全国最好的学校之一
Our village has one of the best schools in the country.
你想要孩子吗
You wanna have kids?
有些人想进入董事会大有一番作为
Some people wanna make it on to the board.
有的人想白手起家自己创立公♥司♥ 至于我
Some people wanna have their own company. Me?
我想悠悠哉哉地生活
I wanna have a kick-about.
阿曼达也这样想吗
Amanda feels the same?
你不想谈吗
You don’t wanna talk about it?
没事
It’s OK.
和我也没关系
It’s none of my business.
不 我只会让你无聊
No, I’d only bore you.
你还有全新的大好人生要去过
And you’ve got a whole new life to go and do.
我大概15岁的时候
When I was about 15,
我真的想我的圣诞礼物是这样的运动鞋
I really wanted these pair of trainers for Christmas.
我妈妈在超♥市♥找到了 但是上面有四条纹
Mum found some at the market, but with four stripes.
哦 那太糟糕了
Oh, that’s terrible.
还不如她自己上手打我呢
She might as well have bullied me herself.
你给你妈妈准备礼物了吗
You got your mum’s present yet?
我给她画了一张画
I did her a drawing. Um…
我是想给她点好东西的
I’d love to get her something really good, though.
她从来没收到过什么礼物
She never gets anything.
但是我交完房♥租充完季票之后就没钱了
But after I pay rent and my season ticket, I’m skint.
我以前收到过一份超好的礼物
I got a great present once.
保罗·麦卡特尼把他在佩珀中士专辑
Paul McCartney gave me his jacket
封面上的夹克送给我了
from the Sergeant Pepper’s cover.
那你给他什么了 -一磅牛里脊肉
What did you get him? – Pound of sirloin.
可怜的家伙好多年没吃过牛排了
Poor fella hadn’t had a steak in years.
说到这个 你何不今晚来喝杯茶呢
Talking of which, why don’t you come for your tea tonight?
我有一个馅饼 咱们俩吃足够丰盛了
I’ve got a pie that’d be grand for the both of us.
什么馅饼
What kind of pie?
牛肉腰子馅饼
Steak and kidney.
有土豆泥吗 -有土豆泥和豌豆
You thinking mash? – Mash and peas.
听起来不错 -当然
Sounds good. – Great.
雪球吃吗 -吃
Snowball? – Yeah.
那待会儿吃饭的时候见 -好的 孩子
So, I’ll see you later for tea, then? – Alright, son.
我要几点过去 -七点
What time do you want me round? – Seven?
好 不错 我得赶紧走了 晚会儿见
Yeah. Sounds good. I gotta rush off. But, I’ll see you later.
好的
Alright.
你知道吗 取消预约的可能性很小
You know that outside chance of a cancellation?
还没人取消
Not happening.
无论如何 这个想法很荒谬
Oh, it was a ridiculous idea anyway.
我太感情用事了
Such a sentimental dick.
我觉得我们应该在这里办
I think we should do it here.
就是大家一起聚一聚
It’s about the people.
考虑一下
Think about it.
我们可以让乐队在那表演
We could have the band over there.
在角落里布置个吧台 放一些彩条装饰
Bar in the corner. Put up some tinsel.
会很棒的
It will be magical.
不要放弃 亚当
Don’t give up on it, Adam.
阿曼达
Amanda!
这是策划委员会吗
Is this the planning committee?
阿曼达·富兰克林 -哦 抱歉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!