No, I didn’t.
电脑
Laptop.
你知道我的那个想法吗
You know our big pitch?
没通过
We didn’t get it.
反正也是个馊主意 所以…
I mean, your idea stunk, so…
你可真是我的好女友
The wind beneath my wings.
这不是馊主意
It did not stink.
你总是只看事情好的一面
See, you live in this rose-tinted myopia.
就像搬来这
Like moving here.
别人在街上给你打个招呼
Just because people say hello to you in the street,
并不代表他们很好
doesn’t make them any nicer.
不代表吗
Doesn’t it?
不 他们打招呼
No. They’re only saying hello
只是因为一整天没见到其他人
because they haven’t seen anyone all day.
反正我打赌你暗自庆幸他们没选你的方案
Anyway, I bet you’re secretly pleased that they didn’t go for it.
什么
What?
你只是喜欢这个想法本身
Well, you like the idea of something
并不打算付诸实践
far more than actually doing it.
你是这样想我的吗
Is that what you really think of me?
不是我想 宝贝 你就是这样的人
It’s not what I think, babe. It’s who you are.
各位乘客很抱歉 我们被迫停车
Apologies, everyone. We are being held here.
一旦问题解决 会尽快通知您
I will let you know as soon as this problem is resolved.
别紧张 小伙子
Relax, son.
为什么停下了
What’s the hold-up?
前方信♥号♥♥出了问题
There’s a signal problem up ahead.
知道是什么引起的吗
Do we know what caused that?
先生
Well, sir,
要我说就是30年前撒切尔私有化政策引起的
I’d say privatisation by Maggie Thatcher, milk snatcher, 30 years ago.
这就是为什么这的物价比欧洲其他地方高 朋友
That’s why you pay more than anyone else in Europe, my friend.
大家好
Hi, everyone.
嗯 大家可以
Um… can I just have your…
早上好 主席
Morning. Chairman.
我叫亚当·金 我想着正好现在大家有时间
My name’s Adam King, and I just thought as we have a minute,
我想借此说些事情
I’d take the opportunity to say something.
我已经想了一段时间了
I’ve been thinking this for a while now,
几周前那个年轻人找不到票时
and, well, seeing how everyone got all Spartacus a few weeks ago,
大家都站出来帮他说话
when the young man couldn’t find his ticket,
这让我想尝试些什么
well, it just made me wanna try something.
我们大多数人每天早上一起登上这列火车
We get this train together, most of us, every morning.
相同的车厢 相同的路程 相同的面孔
Same train, same journey, same faces.
也许只是我这么想
Maybe it’s just me,
我们居然不互相聊天 属实有些蠢
but I think it’s a bit daft we don’t, you know… chat.
好吧 有些人觉得这不可能
Well, some people think it isn’t possible,
但也许是时候我们互相了解一下了
but maybe it’s time we got to know each other.
所以 我想着趁佳节到来之际
So, I thought that being the season of goodwill and all that,
我想邀请这列火车上的每个人来参加派对
I’d like to invite everyone on this train to a party.
圣诞派对 就我们
A Christmas party. Just for us.
小聚一下
A little get together.
在经历过一年的延误 取消 票价增长
After a year of delays, cancellations, fare increases,
还有 当然 最糟的是
and, of course, our worst nightmare…
被迫换乘公交 -说到点上了 兄弟
Replacement bus service. – – – You’ve got it, brother.
被迫换乘公交
The replacement bus service.
都受过那罪吧
Been through that hell together.
就这一项我们就值得好好放松一下
We deserve a bottle of beer and a sausage roll for that alone.
所以
So, um…
嗯 就…
Yeah, just, er…
考虑一下吧
..think about it.
圣诞奇迹 大伙
A miracle at Christmas, folks.
信♥号♥♥恢复 正常行驶
The signal is working so, as you were.
你认真的吗 他们都是陌生人
Are you serious? They’re strangers.
我认识其中的一个 她是那个…
I know one of them. She’s the one-
不 盯着某个女人的胸看
No, staring at some woman’s cleavage
结果被她发现 然后点头打招呼
and then nodding a hello when she catches you looking
这种不算认识
is not knowing someone.
我买♥♥了点甜甜圈
Got some doughnuts.
要是结果很糟糕怎么办
And what happens when it’s a disaster?
比如说没人来
When no-one shows up?
你说它绝对不可行
You said it never would have worked
但我觉得真的可行
and I think it really would have.
天 你原力很强大啊
Jeez, the force is strong with you, isn’t it?
卡士达酱甜甜圈与我同在
Custard ones I have.
为什么会有人这样做
Why would someone do that?
他没有朋友吗
Hasn’t he got any mates?
我觉得这样挺可爱
I think it’s lovely.
我天天都见这些人
I see these people every day
而且我总是想
and I’m always trying to
弄清楚他们是谁 在干什么
suss out who they are and what they’re about.
像那个拿着购物袋的老人
Like there’s this one old guy who’s got a shopping bag
袋子里有个保鲜盒 装着他的三明治
with a tupperware box with his sandwiches in it.
每周带一次饼干
Once a week, he pops in a biscuit.
一直都是雪球饼干 从来没变过
Always a Snowball. Never changes it up.
我觉得这就像是 奖励他度过了一周中
And I think is this, like, a treat to get him through
最艰难时期
the hump of the week?
或者是给他工作中特别的人
Or is it for a special someone at his work?
这就是你想的东西
This is the stuff you think about?
派对男
Party guy.
你好 -嗨
Hello. – Hi.
我们遗憾地通知您19: 40开往兰顿的列车
We are sorry to announce the 19:40 service to Langton
已取消 -绝了
has been cancelled. – Great!
有车吗 -没有
Anything? – No.
我猜晚上这个时候大家都在打车吧
I guess everyone’s trying to get an Uber this time of night.
我在一个私家车店
I’ve got a company account
有一个公♥司♥账号♥
at one of those private car places.
好高级
Very fancy.
你是做什么的 -有个小广♥告♥公♥司♥
What do you do? – Got a little advertising agency.
我见过你的作品吗
Would I know any of your stuff?
如果你买♥♥猫砂的话可能见过
If you buy cat litter you might.
或者你奶奶的浴室装了门
Or if your nan has a bath with a door in it.
总有人要做这些工作
Someone’s gotta do it.
你好 你有车可以
Hey, do you have a car
来利物浦街车站接我们
that can pick us up from Liverpool Street station
去兰顿吗
and take us to Langton?
好的 我等一会儿 谢谢
Yeah, happy to wait. Thanks.
街对面有家咖啡馆
There’s a cafe across the street.
不好意思 打烊了
Sorry. Closed.
我们能在这等会出租车吗
Any chance we can wait for our taxi?
可以等到我关门 好吗
Just until I’ve closed down, yeah?
谢谢
Thanks.
所以你是做什么的
So, what do you do?
我做饭的 -我也做饭
I cook. – Hey, I cook,
我还写猫砂广♥告♥ 所以 我赢了
as well as writing cat litter ads. So, I win.
直到新年
Until the new year.
然后呢 -芝加哥[有同名音乐剧]
Then what? – Chicago.
你还演音乐剧 好吧 你赢了 -是城市
You’re doing a musical? OK, you win. – The city.
新的一年 新的生活 我要搬走了
New year. New life. I’m moving.
真的吗 -嗯
Really? – Yeah.
那太棒了
That’s fantastic.
我羡慕你 我永远做不到这样
I envy you. I could never do something like that.
所以这个圣诞派对你是认真的
So you’re really serious about this Christmas party?
我这辈子从没这么认真过
Never been more serious in my life.
我能看到对我影响不太好 但是…
Which I can see reflects badly on me, but…
你想喝点酒吗
Do you fancy a drink?
我有几瓶淡爱尔啤酒
I’ve got a couple of bottles of IPA.
一些仙贝饼干 还有些奶油卷
Some Senbei crackers. And some cannolis.
对不起 这样可以吗 -没事 圣诞节嘛
Sorry. Is that OK? – No worries. Christmas, innit.
你从手提包里拿出来的吃的
You eat better out of your handbag
比我办宴会时的还好
than I do when I’m throwing a dinner party.
只是供应商的小福利
Just little perks from suppliers.
你肯定有好多免费赠品
You must get plenty of freebies.
要是酒不合你心意的话
Got a few gallons of anti-freeze back at my office
我办公室还有好几桶防冻液

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!