他的朋友劝他别抱怨 他们听够了
His friends would say “Stop whining.” they’re had enough of that
世上还有别的美女 别迷恋她
His friends would say”Stop pining, there’s other girls to look at”
他们想替他做媒人
They’re tried to set him up With Tiffany and Indigo
但他们不知玛丽有叫人心醉之处
But there’s something about Mary That they don’t know
玛丽
Mary
玛丽有叫人心醉之处
There’s just something about Mary
他的朋友告诉他人月两难圆
Well, his friends say “Look, life’s no fairy tale”
不如开心走一会…忘却这段伤心的往事
That he should have some fun He’s suffered long enough
他的朋友只知寻欢作乐
Well, they may know About domestic and imported ale
根本不知爱情是何物
But they don’t know a thing about love
他的朋友会说他不切实际 只沉缅过去的回忆
Well, his friends would say He’s dreaming and living in the past
但他们根本未曾真爱过 向他们问意见也无用
But they’re never fallen in love So his friends need not be asked
他们会叫他理智点 会叫他死心
His friends would say, “Be reasonable” His friends would say, “Let go”
但他们不知玛丽有叫人心醉之处
But there’s something about Mary That they don’t know
玛丽
Mary
玛丽有叫人心醉之处
There’s just something about Mary
我十六岁时坠入爱河
When I was 16 years old. I fell in love.
莉妮 你好
Hey, Renise.
罗德岛 甘伯兰
嗨
Hey.
怎么样
So. what’s up?
很好
Cool.
我在想…不知道 不知道你是否想…
So I was wondering, I don’t know if maybe you wanted to and… Or not.
如果你不想 也没必要…
If you don’t want to, you don’t have to.
我只是想你是否会参加年终舞会…
I just wondered if maybe you were going to the prom. and…
如果你想参加 也许能作我舞伴
Or if you felt like that, maybe you’d wanna go with me.
我是说 算了 不要紧
Or, I mean. whatever. If you didn’t….
你考过生物测验吗 那…
Did you take that bio test? Because that was, like…
传言有个我心仪的家伙会邀请我…
I heard this rumor that this guy I like was gonna ask me…
所以我在等他出声
…so I’m gonna wait and see what happens there.
很好 我有兴趣
That sounds great. Yeah.
好
Okay.
你是答应 还是拒绝
So is that, like, a yes or a no or…?
我想我说的够清楚了
I thought I made it perfectly clear.
若没其他人邀请…
If everything else falls apart…
也许会去
…maybe.
一言为定
I’m gonna hold you to that.
-大家好 -嗨 玛丽
-Hey, guys. -Hey, Mary.
不知道她会作谁的舞伴
I wonder who she’s going with.
她叫玛丽
Her name was Mary.
两年前她由明尼苏达州搬到罗德岛
She moved to our little Rhode Island town from Minnesota two years earlier.
真是迷死人
What a fox.
听说会作一个叫胡基的舞伴
I heard she’s going with some guy named Woogie.
-谁 -一个大块头 在巴灵顿中学读书
-Who? -Big guy. Goes to Barrington High.
巴灵顿的胡基 一听就知道是个衰仔
Woogie from Bore-ington High? Sounds like a loser.
衰仔
Loser?
他是足球 篮球健将
Woogie’s only, like. all-state football and basketball
成绩更是名列前茅
and fucking raledictorian.
听说他获得普林斯顿大学奖学金
I heard he got a scholarship to Princeton,
但首先想去欧洲当模特儿
but he’s going to Europe first to model.
真的 做模特儿是我的梦想
Yeah? I was thinking of doing that.
不好意思
Sorry.
有见过我的棒球吗
Have you…? Have you seen my baseball?
没有 对不起 没见过
No, no. Sorry, man. Haven’t seen it.
有见过我的棒球吗
Have you seen my baseball?
-没有 -对不起
-No. -Sorry.
看
Hey, check it out.
有见过我的棒球吗
Have you seen my baseball?
哥们 过来 我知道棒球在哪里
Hey, buddy. Come here. I think I know where your ball is.
-有见过我的棒球吗 -是的 我看到了
-You seen my baseball? -Yeah, yeah. I seen it.
看见那个女孩子吗
You see that girl over there?
她有棒球 但不是叫它做棒球
She has it. except she doesn’t call it a baseball.
叫另一个名
She’s got another name for it.
耳垫真有型
Nice muffs.
-有见过我的弟弟吗 -什么
-Have you seen my wiener? -What?
有见过我的弟弟吗
Have you seen my wiener?
-说什么鬼话 -小♥弟♥弟♥
-What the hell did you just say, buddy? -Wiener?
别碰我的车 你刚才说什么
Get your hand off my car. What the hell did you just say to me?
我的小♥弟♥弟♥
My wiener.
你个够娘养的 欠扁啊
You fucking son of a bitch. I’m gonna fucking kick your ass.
-起来 肥仔 -小毛 别冲动
-Come on, get up, fat boy. Let’s go. -Hey, Smokey, take it easy.
-你是谁 -那家伙脑筋有问题
-Who the fuck are you? -The guy’s not all there.
快滚 想先出拳
Get out of my face. Come on. You want the first punch?
-打 打 打-打 打 打
-Yeah! Fight, fight. fight! -Fight. fight. fight!
到底在呢么回事 住手
What’s the matter with you? Stop it.
-沃伦 没事吧 -玛丽 看见我的棒球了吗
-You okay, Warren? -Mary, have you seen my baseball?
没有看到
No, I haven’t seen your baseball.
你从院子里出来干吗
What are you doing leaving the yard?
不要一个人到处走
You’re not supposed to leave by yourself.
-你识他 -他是我弟弟
-You know him? -He’s my brother.
我是她弟弟
I’m her brother.
-沃伦 -我不知道
-Warren. -I didn’t realize. you know?
-叫他说话干净点 -笨蛋
-You ought to tell him to watch his mouth. -Jerk.
-没事吗 -没事
-Are you okay? -Oh. yeah, I’m fine.
你没事
You okay?
泰德 多谢
Thanks, Ted.
真是难以置信 她竟然知道我的名字
I couldn’t believe it. She knew my name.
连我的一些最好的朋友都不记得我的名字
Some of my best friends didn’t know my name.
我认为祖莫达是最被低估的四分卫
I think that Joe Montana is, like. the most underrated quarterback.
他应该进入首发阵容
I mean. he should’ve been a first-round draft pick.
你看他在巴黎圣母院做了什么 真可笑
Look what he did at Notre Dame. It’s so ridiculous.
-不错 -今年会是49队的天下
-Exactly. -I’m telling you, this year. it’s the 49ers.
-49队 -所向无敌
-49ers. -All the way.
-玩骑膊马 -沃伦 别那样 别搞泰德
-Piggyback ride. Piggyback. -Warren, stop it. Leave Ted alone.
由他吧 看他能否背起我
No, that’s okay, I’ll do it. I mean. if you think he can hold me.
开玩笑 他有230磅 他能背你 你背不动他
Are you kidding me? He’s 230 pounds. he can hold you. You don’t have to.
不要紧 好吧 来
No, it’s okay. I got a little disc thing, but it’s all right. Here we go.
沃伦 快点 来吧
Giddyup. Warren. There we go.
-有趣吧 沃伦 -他可真是大块头啊
-That’s fun, huh. Warren? -He’s a real Clydesdale, isn’t he?
沃伦 真够劲
Yeah. Warren. bucking bronco. Okay.
轮到我了
My turn now. My turn.
-好吧 其实我…-算了 泰德 不要和他闹
-Okay, well. I don’t… -It’s okay, Ted. You don’t have to.
-快点 -很好玩
-Giddyup. Giddyup. -That’s fun.
很好玩 对吗
That’s fun. huh, Warren?
很好玩
That was fun.
-他只不过有二百三十磅 对吗 -是
-He’s only 230. huh? -Yeah.
-我在园子里 玩捉迷藏 -好 玩捉迷藏
-I’m in the yard now. I’ll hide. -Okay, go hide.
-他真是精力充沛 -是的
-He’s got a lot of energy. -Yeah.
-对 很好玩 我常与他玩 -是啊
-He’s great. I have a lot of fun with him. -Yeah.
-多谢你陪我们走回来 -没关系
-Thanks for walking us back. -Yeah, no problem.
-我要去…-想去参加舞会吗
-I’m just gonna… I’m gonna… -So are you going to the prom?
-我觉得舞会很无聊 -也许我们可以一起去
-I think proms are dumb. -I thought maybe we could go together.
你是不是与一伙人一起去
Oh, you’re gonna go with. like, a bunch of people. or…?
我可以做你的司机
Yeah. If you want a designated driver…
我是指你和我
No, no. I mean you and me.
就我们两个人去
Like. we could go together. The two of us.
-你和我 -是的
-You and me? -Yeah.
愿意不愿意
Well, is that a yes or a no?
-当然愿意 -好
-Sure. All right. -Good.
太好了
Cool.
我带沃伦进去 我们在学校见
I’m gonna take Warren back inside. I’ll see you at school.
-到时见 -学校见
-Bye. -Cool. Catch you back at school.
从那一刻开始 男孩子要以新目光来看我
From that moment on. the guys at school looked at me in a whole new light.
你是大骗子
You’re a fucking lier.
你以为我们会相信你会和玛丽去舞会
Do you expect us to believe that you’re going to the prom with Mary?
有什么稀奇
What’s so crazy about that?
那我便与名歌♥手雪娣了…
Oh, yeah, dirt bud. and I’m going with Cyndi Lauper.
-胡基怎么办 -她已与胡基分手
-What happened to Woogie? -She said she broke up with him.
她觉得他很古怪
That he was getting weird on her.
我赌二十元 赌你胡说八道
I got 20 bucks that says you’re full of shit.
-赌一百元吧 -奉陪