so he could beat Napoleon.
厉害吧
Ain’t that a bitch?
尼卡:并且扔进苏伊士运河
[Nica] ‘And threw in the Suez canal.’
那改变了,改变了世界
That changed..that changed the world.
劳斯:没有人为此背锅
[Rouse] ‘Ain’t nobody’s fault around here.’
尼卡:那是在美国
[Nica] ‘That was in Europe.’
这里是美国,我会告诉人们他们是谁
This is the United States. I’ll tell people who you are.
她是亿万富翁
She’s a billionaire.
你知道,罗斯查尔德家族
You know, the Rothschild.
她告诉我,她想以最糟糕的方式认识他
[Columby narrating] She told me that she wanted to meet him in the worst way.
我知道她非常需要他
I know that she needed him a lot.
她那么告诉我
She told me that..
她说她感受一种力量的源泉
She said that she would feel a source of strength.
她的背景很有趣
She had an interesting background.
一个女人..,怎么说…
A woman of.. What was it..
在战时,与自♥由♥法国♥军♥队在一起
With the free French army
还有飞行的兰开斯特式轰炸机
and flew Lancaster bombers during the war
参加了戴高乐的抵抗军,像个反叛者
was in De Gaulle’s resistance. Kind of a rebel.
但是奈丽从未把那段关系视作是威胁
But Nellie never saw in that relationship a threat.
有时候奈丽会感到释然
Sometimes Nellie may have felt relieved
塞隆尼斯遇到困难时,她会过来
she came around when Thelonious was a little difficult.
她在分担重负
She was splitting duties.
这不是事先计划好的,只是变成了那样
They didn’t plan that. It just turned into that.
看到舌头了吗?
You see the tongue?
我觉得他有点问题
I think he had a problem.
塞隆尼斯,那是你的领地
Thelonious, that’s your land
只要你放轻松,我觉得。
as you put it, very jauntily, I thought.
尼卡:我在1954年认识的塞隆尼斯
[Nica narrating] I didn’t meet Thelonious until 1954.
飞去巴黎
Flew to Paris
到那儿的时候
and got there just in time
正好是他第1场海外音乐会
for his first overseas concert.
后来我去了后台
And I went backstage afterwards
玛丽·卢·威廉姆斯介绍我认识了他
and Mary Lou Williams introduced me to him.
我就是那样认识他的
That’s how I met him.
我们一起去了舞会
But we hung out and had a ball.
他在那儿呆了大概一周
He was there about a week.
然后我就回纽约了
Then I came back to New York
几个月之后
a couple of months later.
那时候我住在斯坦霍普
I was then living in the Stanhope
乐手们回去那里
and all musicians used to come up there.
后来一个女孩在那儿死掉了,他们就把我赶了出来。
But after a bird died there, they threw me out.
你接午后场的演出吗?
Did you do the matinee?
星期天?
On Sunday?
– 不接吗? – 嗯。
– No? – Mm-mmm.
不接,太多了
No. Too much.
后来我去了玻利瓦尔(位于纽约州 阿利根尼县)
Then I went to the Bolivar.
我在那儿得到了我的钢琴
And that’s when I got my piano.
塞隆尼斯和我一起搞到的
Thelonious and I got it together.
他就是在那儿写出了《Brilliant Corners》
That’s where he wrote brilliant corners
我记得还有“Bolivar Balues Are”
and “Bolivar Balues Are”, I believe.
晚上我们回去俱乐部
At night we’d go out ’round the clubs
然后和所有的乐手一起回玻利瓦尔
then all musicians would come back with us to the Bolivar
我们会一起玩很棒的即兴
and we’d have these fantastic jam sessions
一直到第二天早上八♥九♥点钟
until 8:00 or 9:00 the next morning.
所以,自然的,最终惹了麻烦
So, of course, eventually that caused trouble
我被从那儿赶走了。
and I was thrown out of there.
然后我们决定要有自己的房♥子
Then we decided I’d get a house of my own.
于是我买♥♥了这座房♥子
And I got this house..
原先塞隆尼斯认为这里叫做“猫村”
…which was known at first by Thelonious as “Catville”.
蒙克:嗨,大家好
[Monk narrating] Hi, everybody.
今天很高兴在这里
I’m very glad to be here today.
我打算演奏..
And I would like to play
不久前写的一小段音乐
a little tune I composed not so long ago
标题是”Pannonica”
entitled “Pannonica”.
我以这位美丽女士为其命名
It was named after this beautiful lady here.
我觉得她父亲给她起了这个名字
I think her father gave her that name..
..呃,在他试图捉住一只蝴蝶后
…uh, after a butterfly that he tried to catch.
我觉得他最后没有捉到
I don’t think he caught the butterfly.
总之,这就是我写的东西
But anyway, here’s the number I composed
以她命名——”Pannonica”
named after her. “Pannonica”.
“[法语]非常感谢”,女士们,先生们
Merci beaucoup, ladies and gentlemen.
尼卡:谢谢,塞隆尼斯·蒙克
[Nica narrating]Thank you,Thelonious Monk.
和♥弦♥是什么?
What are the chords?
[playing notes]
降D?
‘D flat?’
嗯,对,降D。嗯。
Uh, yeah. D flat. Mm-hmm.
– G? – D,降D。
– G? – D. D flat.
那就是说我的是降E。
That means my E flat.
什么降E?什么降D?
E flat what? D flat what?
呃,降D属7和♥弦♥。
Uh, D flat 7.
降D属7和♥弦♥。
D flat 7.
嗯,哈。
Uh-huh.
嗯,哈。
Uh-huh.
然后我在想这儿。
Then I’m thinking about right here.
G小调属7转到降D
‘G minor 7 to D flat.’
没错
Yeah.
G小调属7
‘G minor 7.’
G小调属7。A小调属7
‘G minor 7. A minor 7.’
然后呢?转到降D
‘To what? To D flat.’
那就是每个和♥弦♥2拍
That’s two beats apiece.

Yeah.
之后下一个小节是..
And then the next bar is..
下半个小节是降G属7.
The next half of the bar is G flat 7.
– 啥? – 降D属7.
– ‘Huh?’ – D flat 7?
降G,降G。
– ‘G flat.’ – ‘G flat.’
降G
G flat.
那就变成了“波波的生日”,第三版
This’ll be “Boo Boo’s Birthday”, take three.
[piano music]
你想让我吹什么?我刚写了…
What you want me to hit? I just wrote..
你想让我吹最高音吗?
You want me to hit the top note?
这里你要我吹什么?
What you want me to hit here?
你想要,呃,呃,C调?
You want me to hit, uh, uh, uh, C?
还是要一些不协和音?
Or are my notes contrary?
你想要什么?最高音?
What you want, the top notes?
什么都行,你像吹什么都可以
Hit any of them. Any notes you want.
随便我吹?
Any notes I want to?
你看,这儿的任何音
You know, any note that’s here.
你都可以吹
You can hit any one of them.
我能吹
I can hit..
那么我能吹D调和C调?
I can hit D and C then, huh?
我吹最高音
I hit the top note.
当我..对,我吹这个,C调。
When I was.. Yeah, I hit this note, C.
但是这里有两个音
But here it’s two notes.
要么是升C,要么是C
It’s either a C sharp or a C natural.
啊哈,对,啊哈。
Uh-huh. Yeah. Uh-huh.
哪个?
Either one of those?
对,啊哈。
Yeah. Uh-huh.
[humming]
升F属7,B调减7,降B
F sharp 7, B-7, B flat.
♪ De dum de-duh de-duh ♪
降A,降A,G调
A flat, A flat, G.
现在保持在这个音阶上。
Now hold on scale there.
保持在这个音阶上。
A hold on scale there?
然后是一个降A属7和♥弦♥。
Then an A flat 7.
哦?OK
Oh? Okay.
降A属7。然后他用降D来收尾。
A flat 7. Then he ends it in D flat.
♪ De dum de dum ♪
就是这样。他差不多就是那么做的。
That’s it. He does something like that.
[humming]
[piano music]
[music continues]
[music continues]
[music continues]
[music continues]
[music continues]
天呐,那非常难说…
Gee, that’s very hard to say about..
因为他…那时我和他在一起

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!