接下来是三周在伦敦的摄影棚
Followed by three in a London studio.
现在英国的电影制片厂
There are currently only nine films
只有9部电影正在拍摄
in pre-production with the British studios.
其他电影里都没有能给你的角色
None of the others hold a role for you.
我希望我能有一些我兄弟的特质 Ambrose先生
I hope I share some of my brother’s qualities, Mr.Ambrose.
但是我并不像他一样讲感情
I do not however share his sentimental attachments.
我不会继续跟不能盈利的客户做生意的
I’ll not keep un-profitable clients on the books.
小牛肉 请来两份
Veal. Twice please.
噢 再来点粗麦布丁吗
Oh! And semolina pudding?
不错的选择
Excellent choice.
太长了 删掉一半 – 哪一半
Too long. Lose half. – Which half?
你不需要的那一半
The half you don’t need.
你怎么了 你看起来一个月没睡觉了
What’s the matter? You look like you haven’t slept in a month.
我没事 我只是发现如果每天晚上都有的话会比较好受
I’m alright! I just found it easier when it was every night.
至少你知道夜里会来些什么
At least you knew what was coming.
这个嘛 我反正从来没结过婚也不清楚夫妻那档子事
Well never having known the joys of married love myself–
我是说轰炸
The bombing.
啊 我以为说不定是因为你经常做长途火车
Ah! I thought perhaps too many long treks
去见见你那省里去了的丈夫呢
to see the husband in the provinces.
倒也不是 没那么容易 火车嘛
Not really. It’s difficult, you know? The trains.
哦 那是 那是什么 – 是法国 Frank叔叔
Oh! What is…? What’s that? – It’s France, uncle Frank!
是希♥特♥勒♥
It’s Hitler!
他妈的怎么了 – 现在和Swain先生开会
Bloody what!? – Meeting now with Mr.Swain.
又怎么了 我们这就要发表拍摄用的剧本了
What? We were about to issue this as a shooting script.
他们要你们都去
They want all of you.
噢 惨了
Oh, no
别担心 那事早就过去了
Oh, don’t worry. All that’s dead and buried.
不 这次肯定又是什么后方留守骑马骑多了的将领
No, this’ll be some rear admiral in a lather
说我们把当天真正的风速给算错了
because we’ve got the wind speed wrong for the day in question.
噢 我刚刚没提到吗 是在白厅开会 要开会的是战争部
Oh, and did I mention? It’s at Whitehall. The Ministry of War.
“我们是少数几个人 幸运的少数几个人 我们是一支兄弟的队伍”
“We few, we happy few, we band of brothers”
“因为 今天他跟我一起流着血 他就是我的好兄弟”
“For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother”
“而这会儿正躺在床上的英格兰的绅士”
“And gentlemen in England now abed,”
“以后将会悔恨怎么轮不到他上这儿来”
“Shall think themselves accursed they were not here.”
“而且以后只要听到哪个在圣克里斯宾节跟我们一起打过仗的人说话”
“And hold their manhoods cheap whilest”
“就会面带愧色 觉得自己够不上当个大丈夫”
“any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.”
戏剧艺术的力量啊
The power of a dramatic art
美国坚决反对为他们自己眼里
America, firmly gainst any military involvement
所谓”欧洲自己的战争”提供军事支援
in a war they see as Europe’s business.
我相信我不用告诉你
I’m sure I need not tell you,
在这个国家每一周
how many people attend the cinema
都会有多少人去电影院看电影
every week in this country.
1千 – 1千3百万
Thirteen… – 13 million.
在美国 这个数字接近9千万
In America, that figure is closer to 90.
丘吉尔先生被说服了 电影 尤其是你的电影
Mr.Churchill is persuaded that film, in particular your film,
会给我们一个独特的机会
presents us with a unique opportunity
将我们的经历展现给美国人
to put our case to the American people.
他们害怕我们已经被打败了
They fear that we are already beaten.
你们要展现我们还在战斗
You show that we fight on.
他们认为这个国家
They believe this country
被上流社会的精英所主宰
to be dominated by an upper-class elite.
你们就展现一个这样的英国
You present a vision of Britain…
我们平凡的工人是英雄的英国
in which ordinary working people are the heroes.
最重要的是 你的电影
But most crucially of all, your film,
与女性的经历有直接的联♥系♥
concerns itself directly with the feminine experience.
给美国的姐♥妹♥们♥看看这场战争
To show your American sisters that this is a war
是她们的儿子和丈夫们也该参与的
their sons and husbands and brothers should be fighting.
我们当然想让美国听我们的话
Of course we want America to listen,
那就创造一个发话的人吧
give them someone to listen to.
一个他们可以感同身受的角色
A character with whom they can really identify.
你想让我们放一个美国人进去
You want us to put an American in it!?
没错 理想状况下最好是
Exactly so! Ideally of course
选一个与英国有关系的演员
from a cast of star with British connection.
加里·格兰特或者埃罗尔·弗林那样的
A Carry Grant or an Errol Flynn.
加里·格兰特 英国出生 好莱坞经典演员
埃罗尔·弗林 澳大利亚出生 后随家人移居英国 好莱坞经典演员
但是战争不会
But the war will not
为忙碌的好莱坞影星腾时间的
wait on the convenience of a Hollywood schedule.
且 我们认为 我们找到了更好的人选
Besides…we rather think, we’ve done one letter.
Carl Lundbeck 美国男孩 挪威人的后裔
Carl Lundbeck, American boy, Norwegian forefathers.
战争之前
Before the war,
他在密歇根州自己父母的农场上方开作物喷粉飞机
he flew crop dusters on his parent’s farm in Michigan.
当德国入侵挪威的时候
When Germany invaded Norway,
Carl到英国参加了皇家空军
Carl made his way to England to join the RAF.
他把这里当作了家乡
Where he’s made himself very much at home.
不要挡空军中尉Lundbeck路的
Salmon aren’t the only creatures that should stay out of
不仅仅是三文鱼
flight lieutenant Lundbeck’s way.
至今他已经打掉了24架德国飞机
So far he shot down 24 German planes.
英国为此感谢他的帮助
For which Britain gives her gratitude.
一位真英雄
A genuine hero.
他能激励其他的美国人
An inspiration to all other Americans.
而且我认为正如你们那句行话
And as I believe as you chaps say,
“他很上镜”
“The camera loves him”
还有 如果他是彩色的话
Even more, if he was in Technicolor.
彩色吗
Color?
我觉得我们应付得来
I think we can manage that.
唉 敦刻尔克没有美国人的
Ah! There weren’t any Americans in Dunkirk!
书呆子 准备行李吧Cole夫人 你要去德文郡了
Pedant! Pack your bags Mrs.Cole. You’re coming to Devon.
*漂亮的铜茶壶 漂亮的铜茶壶*
*Pretty copper kettle. Pretty copper kettle*
*闪亮的铜茶壶 闪亮的铜茶壶*
*Bright copper kettle. Bright copper kettle*
*我给你拿茶壶 茶壶*
*I got you get you kettle, kettle*
*我给你拿茶壶 我给你拿茶壶 哦*
*I got to get you kettle I got to get you kettle…doh…*
我快没完事了 – 你彻底完事了
I’m nearly finished. – You’re completely finished.
我他妈要是再听见你说”茶壶”这两个字
If I am hearing the fucking word “Kettle”
他妈哪怕再说一次
one more fucking time…
我就去找一个茶壶塞到你菊花里 斜着捅进去
I’m going to find one and shove it up your ass. Sideways.
抱歉
Sorry.
我觉得可以在你头发上弄点漂白土和油脂
I think some Fuller’s earth through your hair and grease
天哪 漂白土
God! Fuller’s earth
而且我觉得要把你的眉毛弄得非常乱的那种
But I would like to make your eyebrows really unruly, you know.
所以它们会往各个方向乱跑
so that they’re stick out in all different directions…
各个方向 什么意思 你 – 然后
Different directions!? What, you… – And then
我宁可只有四句真心实意的台词 也好过念五十页的垃圾
I’d rather have four honest words than fifty pages of bilge.
你演Rose吗 – 是我演Rose
Now you play Rose? – No I play Rose.
我演Lily
And I play Lily.
这个剧本是我一个月的周末里来读过最好的
This script is the best thing I’ve read in a month of Sundays,
你觉得呢
don’t you think?
这个嘛 – 我是Wyndam Best 我演Johnnie
Well…? – Wyndham Best, I play Johnnie.
Johnnie吗 – 士兵
Johnnie? – The soldier.
啊 – 或者主人公 如果你这么觉得的话
Ah! – Or the hero. If you will.
好咧 让我看看这里都有谁 – 明白吧 去年
Right. Who have we got here… – see the point. Last year…
啊Alex 介不介意我加入
Ah! Alex. Mind if I join you?
纪录片导演和真实性
Documentary makers and authenticity.
简直是腐臭的凝乳
It’s a rancid curds.
Buckley 帮我挡一下 挡一下
Buckley! Just hide me. Hide me.
怎么了 – Frank叔叔是Hilliard先生出演
What? – Uncle Frank is Mr. Hilliard.
你早就知道他会来
You knew he’s gonna be here.
是 他可不知道我也在
Yes, but I didn’t expect to be!
她还好吗 – 躲Hilliard呢
She alright? – Avoiding Hilliard…
有过不幸的经历
unfortunate experience.
肉体关系吗 – 什么 才不是
Carnal? – What!? No!
哦那个啊 根本不必担心
Oh, that!? Oh! I shouldn’t worry about that.
他是个演员
He’s an actor.
除非你给他写影评 跟他上过床
Unless you review them, have intercourse with them
或者两者同时 否则他们压根不会记得你
or do both simultaneously. They don’t remember you.
女士们先生们
Ah, ladies and gentlemen,
我有幸为你们介绍一下
it is my privilege to introduce you now…
一位年轻人 我们都该郑重感谢他
to a young man, to whom we all owe a great deal.
很快他就要回英国皇家空军
Soon we hand him back to the RAF,
从”摄”影 回归”射”击
for a very different kind of shooting.
在那之前 他就是我们大家的美国人
Until then, he’s our very own American.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!