他们打算选谁来演Rose
who they are planning to cast as Rose.
Frank叔叔 “人生如沉船事故一样的男人” Sammy
Uncle Frank. “A shipwreck of a man.” Sammy!
“六十岁 而且显老”
“Sixties. Looks older.”
可是 你的角色是不会被嘲笑的 Ambrose
You see, your role is not to be sneered at, Ambrose.
庄严 有经历 而且成熟
Gravitas, experience, maturity.
在打败希♥特♥勒♥这件事上我们都有自己的角色要扮演
We all have a part to play in defeating Hitler.
这个角色不行 他太无用了
Not this part. It’s a corpse role!
他在第三场戏之前就死了
He’s dead before the end of act 3.
Smith先生 Hilliard先生
Mr.Smith. Mr.Hilliard.
Ambrose 你要知道 你 我 这个行业
Ambrose, you must see, you, me, the industry,
我们都在为战争服务
we are all at the service of the war now.
“战争” “战争” 去他妈的战争
“The War”? “The War”? Damn the bloody war.
战争撇走了上好的奶油
The war has skimmed off the
却把腐臭的凝乳留给我们
cream and we are left with the rancid curds.
对不起我用了那么久
I’m sorry I took so long.
玛丽伯恩路上有个炸♥弹♥坑
There was a bomb crater on the Marylebone Road.
噢 没人通知我要开会
Oh! No one told me there was a meeting.
不 我们现在想把这件事保密
No. We rather tried to keep this under wraps for the present.
有一个Swain先生部门里的人
It seems that there’s a someone in Mr Swains’ department,
知道的有个人这么说
who knows there’s someone who says that
Starling姐妹没能抵达敦克尔克
the Starling sisters never got to Dunkirk.
他们的发动机
That their engine broke down
在出英国水域之前就坏掉了
before they even were out of British waters.
可惜 这都太可惜了 你的第一稿写的很好
Pity. Pity all around really. Your first draft boded it so well.
实际上 Starling姐♥妹♥们♥撒谎了
So the Starking sisters lied.
解释清楚了真的会有什么影响吗
What difference does it really make?
天啊 当然会有影响 因为那不是事实
God sake! Of course it makes a difference! It’s not the truth!
事实是
The truth is,
她们偷了一个她们害怕的人的船
they stole a boat from a man, who terrified them and…
准备在海里开出50英里 去参加战争
set out to cross 50 miles of open sea into a war.
但他们没能到达
They never got there!
因为发动机坏了
Because their engine failed!
我们现在是不会说出这个事实了
Now that’s a truth we won’t be telling.
很明显会令士气更加衰落
Moral sapping apparently.
我们来选择用哪些事实 这不是我们该做的事吗
We pick our truths. Isn’t that the point?
我们想说的是 这是基于真人真事的
We are saying, this is based on a true story.
那就别这么说 上帝开眼啊 你
Then don’t! For Christ above, man!
你才是那个负责政♥府♥宣传的人
You are supposed to be the propagandist!
700条船去了敦刻尔克 33万8千人活下来了
700 ships went to Dunkirk! 338,000 men came back!
不要说 “基于一件真人真事”
Don’t say, “It’s based on a true story”!
说”基于一百个真人真事”
Say, “It’s based on a hundred true stories”!
一千个 – 33万8千个
A thousand! – Three hundred thirty eight thousand.
敦刻尔克 军事史上最大的撤退
Dunkirk, the biggest retreat in military history,
或者 让我们心中燃起战斗之火的奇迹
or, the miracle that put the fire back in all our bellies.
很好 你们继续 有车在等我
Very well. Carry on as you were. I have a car waiting.
你不会后悔的 谢谢你 Swain先生
You won’t regret it. Thank you, Mr. Swain.
Buckley Buckley
Buckley? Buckley?
我不在意你撒谎了 但我在意你对我们撒谎了
I don’t care that you lied. I cared that you lied to us.
资金不够
There wasn’t enough money.
Eliis想让我回威尔士
Ellis wanted me to back to Wales.
然后呢 你是怕你会想念大轰炸吗
And you what, you couldn’t bear to miss the Blitz?
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
好吧 至少Parfitt能松口气了
Well, at least Parfitt would be relieved.
他的妻子 Mary 是残疾人
His wife, Mary, she’s an invalid.
他雇了名护士白天照看她
He pays for a nurse in the day,
但是晚上得他自己去照顾她
but he has to sit with her himself at night.
当我告诉他 你想要高于政♥府♥部门员工的工资时
When I told him, you wanted more than Ministry wages,
他担心你也会陷入相似的境地
he was worried you would find yourself in a similar position,
因为你那个在西班牙打仗受了伤的丈夫之类的
With your husband Spanish War wound and all.
我应该 你明天还想让我来吗
Should I…do you want me to come in tomorrow?
那失去你又能有什么帮助吗
How would that help, losing you?
你♥他♥妈♥以为还能找到谁
Who the bloody hell else do you think
来写那些闺谈啊
is going to be writting the slop?
成果很好 Cole夫人 你做得很好
The work’s good, Mrs.Cole. You’re doing a good job.
噢 噢 你好Catrin
Oh! Oh. Hello Catrin.
你好 你好
Hello. Hello.
Ellis
Ellis?
我刚看见Perry和Conroy 你邀请朋友上门来了吗
I just saw Perry and Conroy. You had friends over?
我收到一封信
I got a letter.
是请我去绘画记录省里炸♥弹♥造成的毁坏
A commission to document bomb damage in the provinces.
之后去伦敦做展览
And an exhibition in London straight after.
在国家美术馆
The National Gallery.
Ellis
Ellis!
你觉得会有星期天的火车吗
Would there be Sunday trains, do you think?
因为我需要在周一早上回到伦敦
Only I’ll need to get back to London, Monday mornings.
你在说什么 – 去看你
What are you talking about? – Coming to see you.
你和我一起去啊 傻瓜
You will be with me, silly.
是的 当然
Yes, of course!
写完剧本之后
After the script is finished.
呃 你现在肯定可以退出的
Umm you can get out of that now surely.
我不想退出
I don’t want to get out of it.
我不想让他们失望
I don’t want to let them down.
不 当然不 我星期一走
No. Of course not. Now, I leave on Monday.
嗯 我会回伦敦看展览了
Umm, I’ll be back in London for the exhibition.
我想不会很远 – 是的 不是很远
I suppose it’s not very far off. -No. It’s not so very far off.
我会尽可能得多去看你的
And I’ll come and visit as often as I can.
好吧
Right, then.
没有小牛肉了 我点了米兰炸乳牛肉排
Veal’s off. I ordered cutlets, Millanese.
和粗麦布丁
And semolina pudding.
所以 所以你是Ambrose Hilliard先生吗 – 是的
So…so you are Mr.Ambrose Hilliard? – Ye..Yes.
我是Sophie Smith 我是Sammy的姐姐 – 啊
I…I’m Sophie Smith. Sammy’s sister. – Ah!
他的办公室 昨晚他在工作 办公室被轰炸了
His office. Last night he was working late. It was bombed.
他们让我来识别他
They have asked me to identify him.
我 我没办法
I…I’m unable.
Hilliard先生
Mr.Hilliard?
Hilliard先生
Mr.Hilliard?
亲爱的 恐怕这 有人犯了一个错误
I’m afraid my dear, someone has made a mistake.
我自己差点都犯了错误
I almost did that myself.
Sammy Smith 他左手缺了两根手指
You see Sammy Smith, has two fingers missing from his left hand.
对不起 我们十分努力地
I’m sorry. We try very hard to
去 去拼起来完整的人
to…to make a whole person.
为了家属
For the relatives.
是他吗 是你的朋友吗
Is it him? Is it your friend?
我的经纪人 没错 是他
My agent…Yes. That’s him.
你想的话 可以和我们呆一起
You can stay with us, if you like.
这里很安静 我们一定有空
It’s very peaceful. I’m sure we can make room.
新年快乐 Hilliard先生
Happy New Year, Mr.Hilliard.
我记得Sammy喜欢小牛肉
Sammy, liked the veal, I believe.
你也推荐吗
Do you also recommend it?
这不是战前那种小牛肉
It’s not veal in the pre-war sense.
现在Sammy
Now that Samm…
既然我的兄弟现在已经不在了
Now that my brother has gone,
我要找些事让自己忙起来
I must find something with which to occupy myself.
我有责任 依靠我的人
I’ve responsibilities. Dependents.
因此我决定继续把机构运营下去
I’ve therefore decided therefore to continue with the agency.
我明白 Sammy和你讨论过Baker的敦刻尔克电影
I understand, Sammy discussed with you baker’s Dunkirk film?
醉汉叔叔的角色
The role of an inebriated uncle.

No!
你知道 我和我兄弟这样交流完之后
You know, after conversations like this with my brother
我会说
I would say,
“做个诚实的人有什么会吃亏的Sammy”
“What have you got to lose by being honest Sammy?”
给他解释一下 他63岁了 不再是36岁
Explain to the man, he’s 63. Not 36.
而且他的短暂名气早已经耗费尽了
And that he’s brief moment to fame as “Inspector Chamfold”.
Chamforth 是Chamforth探长
Chamforth. Inspector Chamforth.
请你镇定 Hilliard先生
Please be calm Mr.Hilliard.
我很镇定 你所看到的
I’m perfectly calm. What you’re seeing
是控制下的愤怒和处身事外的冷静
is controlled anger tempered with icy detachment.
这是身为优秀演员
This is one of the many
要掌握的众多微妙感情之一
subtle emotions which a good actor is capable of.
三个周在德文郡出外景
Three weeks on location in Devon.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!