愿意学习舞台艺术
Wanting to learn about stagecraft
这就是一种高尚的行为
is an act of nobility.
即便只是因为舞蹈班满员了
You know, even if it’s just because dance was full.
今天我们要学的是
Something that we like to dig into here
聚光灯的艺术
is the art of the spotlight.
无意冒犯 但这也太简单了
No offense, but this is really easy.
能有点儿挑战性吗
Can you make it harder?
好的
Okay.
如果舞台上是真正的舞蹈演员
You know, if there was a real dancer on stage,
那就会
that would be…
那就会不太一样
that would be different.
会更好 也许吧
Better, probably.
哇 他好厉害啊
Whoa, that was amazing.
我们休息一下
Let’s take a break.
我们可以这样
So we have like…
你从不愿
You never
听我说 -是的
Listen to me – Yeah.
然后
And then…
爸爸 -是的
Daddy – Yeah.
我想要她大声说出来
I want her to say that loudly.
记下来 -用喉咙发音
Write that down. – Mmm-hmm. Like guttural.
非常符合琼 -喉音唱出“爸爸”
That’s very Joan. – A guttural “Daddy.”
第一次排练能有三四首歌♥
It would be great to go into the first rehearsal
那就太好了
with like, three or four songs.
琼在54俱乐部里的那首歌♥ 我在想
For Joan’s song at Studio 54, I’ve been thinking…
降低一点
Lower now
好的 非常好
Okay. That’s good.
华尔街那一段 我们怎么办
What are we doing for, in the Wall Street piece?
卖♥♥出股票 买♥♥入股票
Selling the stock Buying the stock
用踢踏舞
It’s tap.
踢踏舞 -踢踏舞
It’s tap. – It’s tap.
比如 股票和债券 -股票有关的
Like, stocks and bonds. – Stocks things
债券和出♥售♥ -股票
Bonds and selling – Stocks.
我在华尔街工作 -股票
I work on Wall Street – Stocks.
我说不准什么时候
I don’t know when I’m gonna be able
才能开始创作终曲 嗯嗯 我明白
to really get to the finale. – Yeah, yeah, I got it.
可以交给你吗 -好的 我来吧
You can take that? – Yeah, I got it.
那我就这么写 丽贝卡-黛安
So, I’m writing, Rebecca-Diane…
终曲
finale.
为了她 全都是为了她
It’s for her. It’s all for her.
为了她而创作
It’s for her.
有道理 我学踢踏舞了
Well, it makes sense. I’ve been taking tap
从我两岁起就学 -天啊
since I was two. – Oh, my gosh.
于是我说…所以我会啊
So, I’m like… That’s why I, like, have it.
演员们 请注意
Performers, attention.
欢迎参加《琼,从未离开》第一次排练
Welcome to the first rehearsal of Joan, Still.
我实话告诉你们
I’m not gonna sugarcoat it.
不论是情感上 肉体上 还是精神上
Emotionally, physically and spiritually,
这都是我们将要表演的最复杂的作品
this is our most complicated piece we’ve ever tried to do.
最有野心的作品
Most ambitious.
现在 我们只有三周时间来完成一部杰作
Now, we only have three weeks to create a masterpiece.
要靠你们了 成败全看你们
It’s on you now. It’s up to you.
你们要肩负起这一切
So that’s on your shoulders
包括琼的幸福和她的光荣传统 都靠你们了
as well as Joan’s well-being and her legacy. All on you.
不过从各种层面来说 你们都值得托付
But you so deserve it on every level.
你们如此才华横溢 令人惊叹
You guys are so talented, so unbelievable.
你们一定会突破自我
This will break you.
你们的身心也会彻底崩溃
This will fully destroy you.
你们是这里最优秀的人才 祝贺你们
Congratulations on being the most talented kids at camp.
用“咪”来唱
On a “mi,” go.
咪♥咪♥咪
Mi, mi, mi
我先过去
Um, I’m just gonna go and see if there’s
找找被没收的酒水
any alcohol that’s been confiscated.
然后偷拿一瓶 和你在火堆旁见
I’ll just grab it and I’ll meet you at the fire pit?
我不行啊 我今晚去不了
You know what? I just can’t. I can’t come tonight.
现在我的创作灵感源源不绝
I’m having insane creative inspiration.
不停从我脑海里冒出来 -别啊
It’s just coming out of me at all ends.
丽贝卡 你不去的话
No. Rebecca, Rebecca.
我也不想去那个同事聚会
I’m not going to the staff hang without you.
免不了要听克莱夫讲
I’m gonna get stuck listening to a story
他在80年代裸着跳舞的往事
about how Clive was nude for the entire ’80s.
舞蹈演员们开始为我鼓掌
And the dancers start applauding for me.
我都不明白是为什么
And I had no idea why.
出于礼貌 我向他们行了深深的屈膝礼
But, of course, I obliged them with a deep curtsy.
就在我鞠躬时 我才意识到 我还裸着呢
And as I’m bowing, I realize I’m still nude.
啊 还裸着呢
Oh, still nude.
咱们来干一杯
Um, let’s do a toast.
为了琼干一杯 好吗 -我同意
Shall we, a toast to Joan? – Praise be.
好吧 干一杯 我来给大家满上
Right? A little toast. Let me top everyone off.
我能感觉到 此时此刻她的精神与我们同在
I can feel that her spirit is with us right now.
是的
Yes.
她在这里 -她在这里
She’s here. – She’s here. She’s here.
我要给大家讲一个小故事
I have a little story for us.
当年我刚参加戏剧营时 琼对我说
So I was a camper here and Joan said to me,
她看着我的眼睛 对我说
she looked me in the eyes, she said,
“你没有天赋”
“You’re untalented.
“你不会跳舞 不会唱歌♥”
“You can’t dance. You can’t sing.
“你也不会表演”
“You can’t act.
“在这方面你实在不行”
“You’re very bad at this.
“但是你太好看了”
“But you look amazing.
“你的皮肤有光泽 你的衣品令人惊叹”
“Your skin is glowing and your outfit is unbelievable.”
她说得很对
And she was right.
我们戏剧营有一个传统
At camp, we have a tradition.
每天晚上都会有一名教职工
Every night, a staff member or counselor
来这里为你们做一场表演
is gonna come in here and do a show for you.
今晚本该是琼来表演
Tonight was supposed to be Joan’s night,
但是琼不在这里
but Joan isn’t here.
所以今晚 由我来代替她
So tonight, I am going to take her place
为你们读一个特别的睡前故事
and read you a special bedtime story.
我的朋友们 和我的朋友们一起在火边
My friends, by the fire with my friends
和我的朋友们一起玩儿
Having fun with my friends
太美了 谢谢你 丽贝卡
Gorgeous. Thank you, Rebecca.
抱歉 不好意思
Sorry. Sorry.
我感觉现在气氛变得有些悲伤
I just feel like this mood is getting kind of like, sad.
你们懂吧 我们嗨起来呗
You know what I mean? Let’s get crunk a little.
珍妮特
Janet.
你在戏剧营里做什么
What are you doing here at the camp?
哦 那大家都在戏剧营里
Oh, I mean, like, what are any of us doing here
做什么呢 -不不
at the camp? – No, no, no.
我问你 你在做什么
What are you doing?
我想说 你的能量非常混乱
I just wanna say your energy is so chaotic.
我不觉得
I don’t think so.
其实我也做能量疗愈
And I actually do some energy healing
如果你想在课余找我聊聊
and any time you wanna talk outside class,
我很乐意为你做治疗
I’m really happy to sit down with you.
我是来放松的
I’m chilling.
你知道吗
You know what I mean? – Mmm-hmm.
我不喜欢这种
I don’t like this type of, um,
嗓音
voice.
这就是我的嗓音
This is my voice.
不是 三秒前你说话还不是这样的
No, I think it sounded different three seconds ago.
哪有 我一直这样说话
No, that’s how I talk.
“她来参加工会的海选 特别激动”
“She was so excited to be at this Equity open call.
“可是她等了好几个小时”
“But she’d been waiting for hours and hours.
“她都能听到别人就在隔壁唱歌♥”
“She could hear people singing on the other side of the door.
“终于 轮到了她去试镜”
“And then finally, it was her turn.
“可当她走进房♥间后”
“But when she walked in the room,
“立刻就被拒绝了”
“the men turned her away
“因为她不是工会成员”
“because she was non-union.”
讲完了
The end.