Dull as hell. Excuse me, reverend.
还有一句
There is a new thing.
一天一天的过下去
The day before yesterday, when I brought you back…
终究会到头的
No, the day before that.
这也许是我们白人现在的想法
A nigger raped a white woman in Hammersville.
不过昨晚我听到一个消息
Last night they informed the sheriff.
你在镇上听到的? 是的
– the day before you took me to town? – yes.
有一个黑人因为犯事逃跑了
A nigger from the north came down with a six-bit orchestra.
难道是那个黑鬼
Why, that black…
他在这里什么?
– he’s here. – he’s what?
他就在那边
He’s right here in the other cabin.
他在这里呆了几天了
He fooled me, and I even hired him!
拿着这个
Here, take this.
你确定吗?
You had promised me to go hunting.
你们两个呆在这里
You two just sit tight.
特弗
Hey, Traver!
刚走不久
Must have seen you coming.
他可能看到你们来了 他可能会用你们的船
– he’ll go to your boat. – I have the key right here.
我们的船走了 他还有 别的途径吗? 没有了
– is there another way to go out? – his boat is all.
他的动力还在这里
The motor and oars are here.
他们来了
Here they come.
找到了这些
Flew the coop.
明天早上再去找他
We will start to look for him tomorrow.
你们怎么确定就是他? 音乐 爵士
– sure that it’s him? – he’s a musician, jazz.
我通过这些就能感觉到
I knew that there was something funny about him.
不然的话他为什么要来这里
And him eating here tonight. Drinking, buddying up.
我一直都在怀疑
That’s something I won’t forget.
他也许想在这里留下来
He must take me for quite a sucker.
今晚他就得在外面冻一晚了
Perhaps it’s lucky that we have all night.
米勒先生 我们今晚如何安置?
Where are you planning to bed down uninvited guests?
过去布置一下 艾芙
Evvie will prepare a bed for you.
那是一个该死的坏蛋
If the nigger slept in, it will smell bad.
你最好是将床弄干净点
Put on clean bedsheets.
明天杰克逊先生我们 就得回去了
Tomorrow we have to return at first light.
当然可以 凯文
Sure thing, reverend. Of course.

Here you are.
艾芙 如果他问你什么 不要回答 知道吗
If he asks you something about me don’t answer, is that clear?
他们两个?
About you?
他们会问什么? 昨晚的事
– what’s he gonna ask? – well, about last night.
你和我
About you and me. Not a word.
我会解释的…
Look, I’ll explain…
一切都搞好了 凯文
All set, reverend.
我们特意为你换了床单
She’s changing the bedsheets.
如果有什么需要就问她吧. 谢谢
– Ask her for anything that you need. – Thank you, Mr. Miller.
早上见
See you tomorrow.
快一点 艾芙 不要让凯文先生久等
Hurry up, we do not want to keep the reverend up all night.
那个可怜的人在 这里睡了几个晚上
How many nights has that poor devil slept here?
一个晚上我们把 床垫换过来吧
– One night. – We’ll turn the mattress.
艾芙 我想你呆在这里 是一种错误的想法
I believe that you have the wrong idea of this place where you’ll go.
我们会对你很好的
You will be one of the family.
给你好衣服 让你上学 等等-
They will dress you, you will go to school, they will put you to bed at night…
我有床吗? 当然
– will I have my own bed? – yes, of course.
那我有房♥间吗? 当然 没有孩子会共用一个房♥间
– and my own room, too? – no, there will be other girls.
但是我已经不是孩子了
– everything has to share a room. – but I am not a child.
我不是米勒先生昨天说不是了
– you most certainly are. – I am not. Mr. Miller said yesterday I wasn’t.
为什么这样说你去问他
– pray how not? – ask him.
他说不让我告诉你任何事情
He told me not to tell anyone anything.
能在这里呆上一晚真不容易
The sheriff said it was funny as hell.
我想这里有时候不安全 不过幸好有武器
When they learned that the violator played the clarinet,
不然的话真的很难说
they went to the cabaret where he was playing…
可能会有一些黑人会到这里来
And there were 4 or 5 coloured boys playing away there.
也许会给你带来一些麻烦
The Hammersville guys knew that they looked for the one playing clarinet.
为什么这么久?
What took you so long?
他和你说什么? 让我去读书
– of what have you talked? – about my home and the school.
就这些? 是的
– that’s it? – yes.
睡觉去吧
OK, go to bed.
还记得查理.约翰逊 说过的一段话吗
“Is this a clarinet?” yells old Charlie Johnson
那真是精辟
And picks up an old shiny horn.
他说牛仔们关心的是
No, said one of those fresh coloured boys.

This here’s a sax.
还有一个就是
“Well, it looks like a clarinet to me”,
跨过黑人的头
and whammo! Right over the nigger’s head!
艾芙
Evvie.
他没有提到我吗?
Has that preacher said something to you?
没有?没有
– nothing? – nothing.
现在看着我
You’re a good girl, Evvie.
你真是个好女孩
Very good girl.
我们去哪里? 让我给你 举♥行♥一个仪式
– where do we go? – to look for that gift that I promised you.
是什么? 过来就知道了
– what’s that? – a key of gold.
这是小孩的洗礼
Something beyond price.
这会是对你一生的祝福
A gift you will treasure all your life!
以后厄运都会远离你 好运会跟随你
There is nothing like it in worth, in this world or the next.
不要害怕
Don’t be afraid.
神圣的…
I baptize thee…
圣人啊 还有您的儿子 赐福于她吧…
In the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
阿门
Amen.
这样就可以了吗
And now will you give me my key of gold?
等等
Hey, wait up!
怎么拉?应该往这边去了
– what’s the matter? – far as you can go out there.
这边你看到了吗
– gotta head this way. – if you see that black boy, kill him.
没有 我想是的如果 被我看见我会开枪的
– No sir; I want this one alive. – Not me, I’ll shoot.
孩子 我给你解释吧
Child, let me explain again.
上帝开启了天堂之门 但是只有一个方向
The baptism open to you the whole world of heaven.
这就是为什么要祈祷
Heaven and its wonder. That’s why I call it a key of gold.
你难道觉得这不具有价值吗?
Can you think of another gift with more value?
是的 也许米勒先生不知道
Yes. The chromed .22 pistol that Mr. Miller promised to me.
也许他是没有想起来
Perhaps now it might so seem,
我想是的
but when you grow older you will see.
我也想你给我一个解释
There is something I would like you to explain to me.
你昨晚说你不是孩子了 是什么意思
What you said last night, that you no longer were a child.
我晚上都在想
I couldn’t sleep.
我们可以边走边说
Come, you can tell it to me while we walk.
找到什么吗? 没有
– and now what? – nothing.
两个人找了一天
Two people will not find him today.
也许我们应该寻找帮助
Let’s head back to the mainland and ask the sheriff for dogs and more men.
你去吧
You go.
我呆在这里
I will remain at the cabin.
是的
Ya.
呆在这里是快活一些
Let me take that long cold trip alone.
我想晚上还可以做美梦
Last night I saw that you like to sleep comfortable.
你什么意思?
What do you mean by that?
艾芙 会是谁呢?
Evvie, what is that?
有人吗?
Somebody!
帮我拿出来
Please, take me out of here.
凯文 那不是我做的
Listen brother, I didn’t do what they say.
不是我但是她说是你
– truly. – they claim you did.
那是她的一家之言啊
Claim? Reverend, that’s what they claim!
我不是那样的人
I was boxed-in.
我根本就不知道会 发生那样的事情
Look, this rich white woman keeps coming where we were playing.
她说她要和我谈点生意
She said she wanted me to come over, talk about business.
凯文 你相信我 对吗
Do you believe me, reverend?
到目前为止还没有结论
Until now there is nothing for me to disbelieve.
事情还不明朗
Inform me when they return.
她说她要找个时间和 我参加一个舞会
She wanted us to be going to her house for a dance.
所以第二天晚上 我就去了她那里
Next evening I went to the address that she gave me.
她让我进去了
She asked in me.
然后没地方坐 她就让我进了卧室
Leads me down a corridor and we ended up in her bedroom.
她说 进来吧 伙计. 是她要求的
She told me come on in, fella and she took a seat in bed.
我不知道为什么
I’m not a saint.
但是显然她欺骗了我
If she would have been younger …
凯文 她那么一大把年纪了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!