Where is everybody?
做♥爱♥,喝苦艾酒
Making love, drinking absinthe.
你了解法国人 你看过我们那些文件没有?他们到底在哪里?
You know the French. Don’t you read our papers? Where are they?
当我还是个小孩子的时候…我答应爸爸一定要为他杀一个法国人
When I was a little boy, I promised my father I’d kill a Frenchman for him.
因为1916年他在凡尔登 被法国佬打中了腿
They shot off his leg in Verdun, ja, in 1916.
所以我向他保证…就是在平安夜…
So I promised him? on Christmas eve it was?
我向他保证一定要为 他杀死一个法国人
I promised I’d shoot a Frenchman for him.
你去过巴黎吗?
Have you ever been to Paris?
没有,我没去过
No, I have not been there.
噢,真是遗憾.那真是个美丽的城市
Oh, what a city. What a wonderful city that is.
我给你讲述一下那里的美好生活
I’ll show you a good time there.
你不可能让他们一直躲在家 巴黎人是不会那样的
You won’t keep those people indoors forever, not those Parisians.
啊,还有那里妙龄女郎!
Ah, what wonderful girls.
我去年在那里做 通讯员的时候,我就住在巴黎
When I was a correspondent there last year, we practically lived in the streets.
西蒙和我…我们知道巴黎的生活
Simone and I? We will show you Paris the way it always was,
知道巴黎的风土人情
the way it always will be.
巴瑟,爬到墙上对他们开枪…
Basserman, go up to the wall and keep firing on them…
不要让他们冲过来,明白
in case they try to come to the front, ja.
是
Ja.
去!
Go!
[法语]
过来
Come on.
梅申,躲在这棵树后面
Maeschen, stay behind this tree here.
我去那边那棵树 是
I go over behind the tree over there. Jawohl.
我打死他了,我打死他了
I got him. I got him.
梅申,蹲下!
Maeschen, stay down!
[法语]
斯德奇,不要开火
Stretcher, hold your fire.
斯德奇
Stretcher.
勃兰特 斯德奇,过来
Brandt. Stretcher, come on.
勃兰特
Brandt.
告诉他回去让他们的人投降…
Tell him to go back and tell the others to surrender…
因为我们现在已经把他们包围了
because we now have them in a cross fire.
去
Go. Allez.
听我说[法语]
écoutez-moi.
梅申死了? 什么?什么?
Maeschen is dead? What? What?
梅申死了?
Maeschen is dead?
是的
Yeah.
我想他爸爸现在一定很高兴了,是吗?
I’m sure his father is very happy now, eh?
快点!快点![法语]
Allez! Allez! Vite!
住手![法语]
Arretez!
住手!
Arretez!
我们被包围了!
Nous sommes fichus!
哈登博格上校 啊,迪斯特,见到你真高兴
Captain Hardenburg. Ah, Diestl. Nice to see you.
我听说你在路上遇到突袭 是的,长官
I understand you have had a little difficulty on the road. Yes, sir.
随便点 谢谢,长官
At ease. Thank you, sir.
那些是新兵,长官,正在行礼
There were young conscripts, sir, making a token gesture.
路上有路反,所以我们就交火了
There was a roadblock, and it was quite unavoidable.
这没什么好解释的,就当是练兵
There is no need to be apologetic. It makes for excellent training.
我准许你那样处理 谢谢,长官
I want to commend you for the way you have handled it. Thank you, sir.
我们有一个伤亡,梅申兵士死了
We had one casualty, you know, sir. Private Maeschen was killed.
噢,啊…梅申
Oh, yes. Uh, Private Maeschen.
他是在执行任务的时候殉职的?
Did he perform his duty?
是的,长官 他一枪就打死了一个敌人…
Yes, sir. He killed one of the enemy with his first shot…
所以变得很兴奋,没有掩护要自己
and then became excited and failed to take cover.
这样不好,我知道他是很勇敢的
Too bad. I’m sure he fought bravely.
这个很宏伟,是吗?
That’s wonderful, isn’t it?
是的,长官
Yes, sir.
长官,如果您准许的话 我想给他的家庭写一封信
Sir, with your permission, I would like to write a letter to his family.
不要担心,迪斯特 我自己来写.莱特诺德!
Never mind, Diestl. I will do it. Leutnant!
你跟我是在一起的…所以我想请你帮我 拍张照片送给我妻子
Since you are attached to us, I wonder if you would mind taking a photograph for my wife.
我们俩一直就想来这里的
We had always planned to come here.
我愿意效劳,上校 过来,迪斯特
It would be a pleasure, Captain. Come on, Diestl.
我想你的妻子对我 是不感兴趣的 不,不,不
I’m sure your wife is not interested to see me.
哦,是的,是的,是的
Oh, yes, yes, yes.
我给他写信提到过 你们很多人
I’ve written her about you and many of the men.
她一定很感兴趣的
I’m sure she’s most interested.
等一下
Just a moment.
我们到阶梯上去,来啊,迪斯特
We will stand on the steps. Come on, Diestl.
把后面的教堂照下来
With the church in the background.
伟大的一天,有历史意义的一天
A great day. A day of historic importance.
在以后的日子里…当我们会想到 今天的时候,我们会说…
In years to come, we will look back on this and say…
那时我们就出在新时代的黎明!
we were there at the dawn of the new era.
啊!,将军,这个照下来
Ay! Ja. Now, Captain, this is the one.
很好!
very good!
好了,站好
All right, settle down.
站好!
Settle down!
这里是纽约市的财产
This is New York City property.
不要吐痰,也不要 往地上扔东西,不要挤
Stop spitting and throwing butts on the floor and stop shoving.
没有人会被落下的 我们有足够的房♥间
Nobody’s gonna be left behind. The army’s got plenty of room for everybody.
怎么了? – 很冷
What’s wrong? -It’s cold.
咳一下
Now cough.
把你的头转开再咳
Turn your head and cough.
好了,吸气
All right, breathe in.
呼出
Breathe out.
吸气
Now breathe in.
呼出
Out.
现在,弯腰
All right, bend over.
用手向下按脚趾 噢
Bend over and touch your toes. Oh.
好的
Okay.
在你这种年龄这种 职业的人,你的健康状况很好
For a man your age in your profession, you’re in excellent health.
你是怎么保持的? 从来不沾酒
How do you manage it? Clean liquor.
把这份报告交上去.下一个
Give this to the board. Next man.
你没有在加利福尼亚注册?
You didn’t register in California?
不,注册了,但是在定 下等级之前我去了东部
Yes, I did. But I came east before I got my classification.
你到纽约来就是为了 到国防部?任何工作都可以
You came to New York to get a defense job? To get any job.
迈克尔·怀特克
Michael Whiteacre.
请到这里坐,怀特克先生
Sit down over here, Mr. Whiteacre.
怀特克先生,你一定很忙
You must be very busy, Mr. Whiteacre.
义务兵总部给我打电♥话♥通知说…
I’m told we had a special call from Selective Service headquarters…
不要浪费你宝贵的时间
asking us not to waste any of your valuable time.
噢,我要演一场戏
Well, I’m rehearsing a show against a deadline.
噢,我们可以长话短说
Well, we’ll try to rush you through quickly.
你觉得这次要演多久?
How long will this show run, do you think?
我不知道,没有人知道
I don’t know. No one ever does.
噢,现在是3月
Well, this is March.
假如还有很长时间的话 那些士兵就不必那么辛苦
If it runs very long your understudy will get a break.
我们希望6月15号♥在美国进行
We’re booking you for Uncle Sam as of June 15.
我想这是不公平的 你可以上诉
I don’t think that’s quite fair. You can file an appeal, if you like.
噢,我会上诉的
Oh, I’ll appeal.
你还有什么东西需要 跟我们讨论的吗?
Is there anything else you’d like to discuss?
没什么,我只想上诉
No, I’ll just appeal.
把外面的秘书叫进来
Just see the secretary outside.
阿克曼
Ackerman.
请坐这里,阿克曼先生
Sit down over here, Mr. Ackerman.
阿克曼先生,你好像 在国防部没有任何熟人…
Mr. Ackerman, you don’t seem to have any dependent relatives…
或者是财产
or any occupation essential to national defense.
你觉得有什么原因使你 不能成为一个A等兵吗?
Can you think of any reason why you should not be classified 1 -A?
没有,长官,我觉得没有
No, sir, I can’t.
我知道你为马西工作
I see you work for Macy’s.
我们现在派你去东部 然后6月15日你交上你的报告
You’ll stay for the Easter rush, and you will report June 15.
完了
I think that’ll be all.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
等一下,请问您的正式名叫什么?
Just a moment. May I have your form, please?
拉尔夫·本顿
Ralph Benton.
谁有烟?
Anybody got a cigarette?
你想抽烟? 噢,谢谢
Need a cigarette? Oh, thanks.
给你
Here.
“情有可原”怎么写?
How do you spell “extenuating”?
什么? – 情有可原
Hmm? -Extenuating.
噢,我不知道
Uh, I don’t know.
E-x-t-e…- 不,E-x-t…