他们马上给你送些干衣服过来
They’re sending up some dry clothes for you.
我给你搞了点松子酒 这样能使你暖和一点
I found some schnapps. Get you warm.
嗯?
Hmm?
噢,迈克尔
Oh, Michael.
你怎么到这里来了?
How’d you get here?
我有一个朋友是将军
I have a friend that’s a general.
我总是喜欢后腿,来,穿上这个
I’m pretty big behind the lines. Here, put these on.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
我们还有一个…嘿,啊…
There’s still? Hey, uh?
你们能不能…
Could one of you, uh,
传话…
pass the word down the line…
让我们的人停火10到15分钟?
to hold fire for, like, 10, 15 minutes?
干什么? – 我们还有一个兄弟在那边
What gives? -There’s a guy we left over there.
弗农,你去前线告诉那些狙击手…
Vernon, you go down the line and tell those trigger-happy joes…
说看到从河流游 过去再游过来的人…是我们自己人
if they see a derriere in the canal, it’s one of ours.
那边还有谁? – 考利
Who’s out there? -Cowley.
噢,考利,好啊
Oh, Cowley. Good.
他不会游泳 那更好
Yeah, except he can’t swim. Even better.
听着,你现在不欠他任何东西了
Look, you don’t owe him anything. Nothing.
不,我应该去救他
No, I don’t.
你刚从那边回来 我们还有很多其他士兵
You’ve just been out there. There are plenty other guys.
那你去啊?你又胖又没礼貌
How about you, son? You look fat and sassy.
等一下,我马上去
Wait a minute. I just got here.
噢,我还是个懦夫
Besides, I’m a coward.
考利?
Cowley?
考利? – 你过来干吗?
Cowley? – What do you want?
走,跟我走 – 你不要管我好吗?
Come on. Let’s go. -Will you leave me alone?
考利,河一点不深
Cowley, it’s not deep.
该死的,不深!
Damn you, it’s not deep!
兄弟们在等我们!跟我走!
The guys are waiting for us! Now come on!
不,不,我不走
No. No, I’m not going.
那算了 – 等等!
Okay. – Wait!
你没事吧,诺亚? – 没事
You all right, Noah? -Yeah.
我想见见你的长官 是的,中尉
I would like to speak with your commandant, please. Ja, Kapit?n.
请进,中尉
Enter, Kapit?n.
有什么事吗? – 你这里有 什么可以吃的吗,长官
Yes? -I was wondering if you had some food, sir.
我们没有迟到了,已经被逃兵抢光了
We have no food. We’ve already been cleaned out by deserters.
我不是逃兵
I’m not a deserter.
我所在的连队被击败了 我现在没有部队可以去…并且我两天没吃东西了
My company has defected, I am without command and I have not eaten anything in two days.
对不起,中尉,请坐,先自己倒点咖啡
Forgive me, Captain. Sit down. Pour yourself some coffee.
看到一个还有点军纪的人真的好高兴
It’s a relief to find someone who still has some sense of discipline left.
美国人离我们多近了?
How close are the Americans?
噢,我想他们…我也不知道…5分钟或者5个小时的样子
Well, I think they are? I don’t know? five minutes or five hours.
对不起,就剩下这个黑馒头了 谢谢
I’m sorry. That’s all that’s left. Thank you.
什么都没有了
Everything is gone.
将军,上校们路过,都找我拿吃的
Colonels and generals passing by, snatching the food out of my hands,
然后扔掉他们的军装
throwing away their uniforms.
真是难以相信!我的人也逃掉了
Unbelievable. My men are running too.
我眼睁睁地看着帝国的军队 就这样垮掉了
This organization is falling apart in front of my eyes.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你受伤了吗? – 没有
Are you hurt? -No.
我看得出来你受苦了
I can see you had a bad time.
噢,我也是
Well, so did I.
我也有自己的伤痛 尽管你是看不见的
I have my wounds, too, even if you don’t see them.
相信我,管理一个集中营绝对不是…
Running a concentration camp is not a picnic, believe me,
绝对不是带着毒气罐,实验 对象和生化专家去外面野餐
with all the gas chambers, target ranges, doctors with their experiments.
我接到命令说每天杀死1500人…
I had an extermination quota of 1,500 people a day…
犹太人,波兰人,苏联人, 法国人,还有政♥治♥犯
Jews, Poles, Russians, French, political prisoners.
我们以前有260人的时候还行
And I had only 260 men to do it. Still I managed it.
然后我又接到柏林的备忘录说…
Then they sent memorandums from Berlin, inspectors running, shouting,
“在奥斯威辛,他们一天杀死20000人”
“In Auschwitz they kill 20,000 a day.”
我知道是谁
I know who it is.
又是从柏林来的
It’s Berlin again…
今天是第四次了
for the fourth time today.
什么事?
Yes?
是的
Yes.
很近了,只有几英里
Very near. A few miles.
我告诉你了,好了,我还没告诉你
I told you. All right, I didn’t tell you.
那我现在就跟你说,不管你是谁
I told whoever it was that called.
我告诉你我现在还剩下10个人…我怎么可能杀死集中营里所有的人?
I have 10 men left. How can I kill everybody in the camp?
你就不明白吗? 那些装置已经不能启动了
Don’t you understand? The equipment is not working.
一切都没用了
Nothing is working.
我不管布痕瓦尔德的情况怎么样
I don’t care what they did in Buchenwald.
我现在就一个光杆司令了 我的手下都跑了
I’m here alone, and I have no personnel left!
你知道他们打电♥话♥来干什么吗?
You know what this is, this phone call?
他们让我在美国人到来之前…把这里所有的人都杀死 男人,女人,孩子都杀死
They want me to kill every man, woman and child in the camp before the Americans get here.
6000人啊
6,000 people.
给我打电♥话♥那人…是同一个人…他一定会被千人万人操的!
And the man who asked me to do this? this same man? will walk the streets free.
并且那些美国人 苏联人都会审问他…
And they will come to him, the Americans, the Russians,
知道他会怎么说吗 “我从来就没听说过集中营”
and he will say, “I’ve never heard of concentration camps.”
他会说,根本就不存在什么 国家政策说要杀死1200万人
He will say there never was a national policy to kill 12 million people.
那是S.S.军队自己搞的
The SS invented it.
政♥府♥没有人听说过
Nobody in the government ever heard of it.
然后我就在这里给美♥国♥佬♥解释
And I’ll be here trying to explain to the Americans.
知道吗.美国人看到这一切…可能根本就搞不要明白是怎么回事
Do you know, the Americans may not understand what they see here.
他们可能根本就 不知道那些德国♥军♥官…就像我们一样的人…
They may not know that the German officer? our kind of officer?
按照上级命令上演了现在的一切
does what he’s ordered to do.
但是我们至少明白…
Well, we at least know…
什么是最重要的…
what is important…
我们要有面对敌军的勇气…
The courage to stay and face the enemy…
并且能够挺起胸膛说…“我已经为我的祖国尽了自己的职责”
and the honor to be able to say, “I have done my duty for the fatherland.”
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
天哪
My God.
上尉,他是我们 刚打下的这个镇的镇长
Captain, this is the mayor of the town we just came through on our way up here.
他说他可以让一些市民来帮助我们
He says he can send a gang of civilians in to help us.
我已经跟他说了,上尉…
As I was telling the sergeant, Captain,
我们听说你们很多重要的将军 和记者将会到达这里
we have heard some of your most important generals and newspapermen are on their way up here.
我可以叫来一些市民…
I can provide you with a number of my townspeople…
来帮助你们清理这个地方… 什么事?
who will help you to clean up this place? Yes?
对不起
Excuse me.
我叫约瑟夫.斯文森,我是犹太老师
My name is Joseph Silverson. I am a rabbi.

Yes.
我不想打扰你们的 但是我有一个小小的请求
I do not wish to annoy the officer, but I have a request to make.
什么请求?
Yes, what is it?
这里死了几千人
Thousands have died here.
今晚和明天会死更多
More will die tonight, tomorrow.
对不起,犹太教师.我们已经尽力了
Sorry, Rabbi. We’re doing all we can.
是的,我知道
Of course. I know that.
但是我们没有为那些私人做任何事情
But there’s nothing to be done for them.
任何仪式,我们也表示理解
Nothing material. We understand that.
所有的精力必须花在活人身上
All efforts must be for the living.
我的请求可能有点高
What I am asking for is a luxury.
什么请求?
Yes?
我想请你把我们剩下的…
I ask to be permitted to collect all of us,
活着的还有那些 将死的人集中起来…
the living and those without hope,
为那些死去的人…
and hold a religious service?
举♥行♥一个送行仪式
a service for the dead who have come to their end here.
我们从来没有为这里的死者 举♥行♥任何的宗教仪式
There has never been a religious service for us in this place.
请允许我说几句,上尉 我并不是想打断他说话…
Permit me, Captain. I don’t like to intrude.
我理解犹太教师的请求
I understand why the rabbi has made this request,
但是现在还不是时候
but this is not the time for it.
请允许我说几句,上尉 我并不是想打断他说话…
I’m a European. I understand things perhaps the captain doesn’t understand.
假如你准许这位先生的意见 举♥行♥送行仪式…我不得不警告您…
If you allow this gentleman to hold the services, I’m obliged to warn you.
一定会有骚乱发生 那些囚犯绝对不能忍♥受…
There will be riots. The other prisoners will not stand for it, and…
而且那些即将到来的将军 绝对不愿意看到这种仪式
the generals who are coming will not like what they see.
另外的囚犯不能忍♥受 将军们不愿意看到?
The, uh, other prisoners will not stand for it and the generals will not like it?
这是事实,我敢保证
That’s a fact. I guarantee it.
那我向你保证一件事…
I’m gonna guarantee something myself.
我将批准你…你们进行那个仪式
I’m gonna guarantee that you? you’ll hold your services.
我还向你保证 我们将在集中营的墙顶上…
I’m also gonna guarantee that machine guns will be set up…