1938年除夕夜,德国,巴伐利亚
噢!
Oh!
呀哈!
Ya-ha!
太好玩了.明天你再 教我一天,我就把学费给你
That’s marvelous. Tomorrow you give me lessons, and I give you your money back.
噢,很好
Oh, I feel so good.
听,听他们演奏的曲子
Listen. Listen to what they’re playing.
嗯,是《罗斯兰》
Yeah. “Rossland.”
∮ De, da, dum ∮
∮ Lief er schnell es nah zu sehen ∮
∮ Sah mit vielen ∮
噢! 对不起,请继续
Ooh! Go on. I’m sorry. Go on. Please.
∮ Oh, Rossland Rossland rot ∮
∮ Rossland auf der heiden ∮
知道吗,美国人说德语腔调总是很怪
You know, as a rule, Americans speak German with a very bad accent.
但是你的腔调简直是恐怖
But your accent is really horrible.
噢,克里斯丁
Oh, Christian.
这一切太美了! 是的
This has been so wonderful. Yes.
我想感谢你
I wanna thank you.
你对我实在是太好了
You’ve been more than generous with your time.
噢,那是因为我心怀不轨
Well, that’s only because I’ve had the very worst of intentions.
谢谢你
Thank you.
噢,我讨厌别离,我讨厌说再见
Oh, I hate to leave. I hate to say good-bye now.
你…你为什么不到明天 早上再说“拜拜”呢?
Why… Why don’t you say good-bye in the morning?
不,不,不行,我明天很早就要离开
No. No, I can’t. I’ve got to leave too early.
噢,听我说,马上就是除夕夜
Now, look, it is New Year’s eve.
你去了美国,我就再也不能见到你了
You go back to America, I never see you again.
我想请你今晚和我一起度过 不
And please, I want you to spend the evening with me. No.
噢,太糟糕了
Too bad.
谁想和我竞争吗?
Do I have a rival?
迈克尔 谁?
Michael. Who?
迈克尔
Michael.
但是我想迈克尔不会介意我…
But I think Michael would not mind if I just…
只是从他手上抢走 一个小小的巴伐利亚之夜
stole one tiny little Bavarian evening.
你在开玩笑吗?
Are you kidding?
我想迈克尔不会因为 这个对我兴师问罪的
I don’t think it would even occur to Michael that anybody would ask me.
好吧,好吧,克里斯丁 我想跟你在一起 太好了!
All right. All right, Christian, I’d love to. Wonderful.
噢,你今天真漂亮 谢谢
Oh, you look lovely. Thank you.
你今天真是…我想把你 介绍给我姐姐弗雷达认识 好啊
You look really… I want to present my sister Freda. Charmed.
你今天晚上来我真高兴…
I’m so happy that you came tonight…
因为我为你作了一首小小的曲子
because I composed a little piece of music for you.
啊,这个…嗯,你想听吗?
And, uh, it’s∮ Well, would you like to hear it?
很想听 真的?
I’d love to. Really?
你喜欢吗? 很喜欢
Do you like it? Yes.
噢,你觉得好听吗? 好听
Isn’t it nice? Come on. It’s wonderful.
新年快乐!
Prosit Neu Jahr!
新年快乐,玛格丽特
Happy New Year, Margaret.
新年快乐,克里斯丁
Prosit Neu Jahr, Christian.
新年快乐,朋友们
Ich bringe einen Toast. Bitte.
祝福我们伟大的元首阿道夫.希♥特♥勒♥!
Gott beschütze unsern Führer Adolf Hitler.
万岁! 万岁!
Heil! – Heil!
“威塞尔保卫曲”
“Das Horst-Wessel-Lied.”
∮ Die Fahne hoch ∮
∮ Die Reihen dicht geschlossen ∮
∮ SA marschiert ∮
∮ Mit ruhig festem Schritt ∮
∮ Kam’raden, die Rotfront und Reaktion erschossen ∮
你没事吧?
Are you all right?
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
噢,我只是在柏林…
Oh, you know, I was just in Berlin, and I?
看到一些纳粹游♥行♥
I saw some Nazi demonstrations.
但是我不知道情况有这么严重
But I didn’t realize it had gone this far.
就连这个…
Not-Not here…
这个小镇也是这样
in this little town.
有点可怕
It’s a little frightening.
噢,你觉得纳粹就那样可怕?
Well, do you think that being a Nazi is such a terrible thing?
克里斯丁…克里斯丁 你是不是纳粹?
Christian? Christian, are you a Nazi?
不,我不是,我对政♥治♥根本不感兴趣
No, I am not a Nazi. I’m not political at all.
但是我觉得纳粹是德国的希望
But I think that they stand for something hopeful in Germany.
克里斯丁,你真的那样想吗?
Christian, you don’t really believe that.
是的,我相信这个
Yes, I believe this.
但是为什么?为什么?
But why? Why?
你为什么会觉得希♥特♥勒♥是正义的?
What can you possibly find to justify Hitler?
我觉得他…
I think that…
希♥特♥勒♥能给我们带来更好的生活
That Hitler will bring us a better life.
你现在的生活不好吗?
Is the life you have now so terrible?
不,只是…我的生活不是很坏…
No, but, uh? My life is not so terrible,
但是我不想下半辈子穿着 这种厚厚的保暖衣…
but I don’t wish to spend the rest of it wearing fancy sweaters…
教那些胖胖的小孩怎么去滑雪…
and teaching fat little children how to ski…
一直就从事这种奇特的职业
and being charming and picturesque.
我能理解你还渴望其他的生活
I can understand your wanting more than that.
我觉得,可能你不能理解靠 外国人的小费来养活自己…
I think, perhaps, you cannot understand what it means…
对我来讲意味着什么
to live on tips from foreigners in your own country.
你知道我究竟是做什么的吗?
You know what I really am?
我根本就不算是一个滑雪教练
I’m not a ski instructor even.
每年我只有两三个月从事这项工作
I do this for two or three months in the year.
当冬季过了 我就在一个小小的商店工作…
When the season is over, I go to work in a little shop…
给我爸爸帮忙,我还是一个鞋匠
as an assistant to my father, and I’m a shoemaker.
你不想开鞋店? – 不,我不想
And you don’t want to be a shoemaker? -No, I don’t.
我想做点其他的事情 你可以不停地换工作啊
I want to be something else. Then you don’t have to remain one.
噢,这里不是美国
Oh, this is not the United States.
很难向你解释
It’s so hard to explain to you.
但是你应该知道…
But you see, it’s very difficult…
欧洲的人很难提高他世袭的地位
for people to rise above their class in Europe.
我可以跟你讲一件事
I tell you something.
曾经我非常想做一名医生
At one time, I wanted very much to be a doctor.
我为此付出了很多努力
And I worked very hard for this.
但是我没钱,所以最后只能放弃…
And when there was no longer any money, I was forced to give it up…
因为我们这里没有不收学费的大学
because we have no free university here.
我想…我想这些 正是希♥特♥勒♥可以做到的
And I think this is? this is where Hitler can help us.
我知道他…他承诺会改变这一切的
I think that he? he has promised to change all this.
克里斯丁,希♥特♥勒♥ 还承诺要政♥府♥整个世界
Christian, Hitler promises to conquer the whole world.
是的,但这完全是妄想主义者的…
Ja. But this is a direct result…
一系列幻想之一…
of a handful of completely insane fanatics?
是吗 是的
Oh. Yeah.
就是幻想,并且马上就会过去的
It was, and this will pass.
不会过去的!
It will not pass!
情况会越来越糟
It’s going to get worse and worse and worse.
我想这个战争应该马上就要结束
And I think it’s going to end in war.
我看我们还是不要谈这些了…
I think that we should not discuss this…
因为我根本就不知道答案
because I don’t know all the answers.
我夜了解你夜不知道答案
I know you don’t know all the answers.
我们讨论这些政♥治♥问题…
And with political discussions we go round and round,
解决不了任何事情
and nothing is ever settled.
我们还是回去好好玩一晚上
Let’s go back in and have a nice time.
走吧
Come on.
不
No.
晚安,克里斯丁
Good night, Christian.
明天早上跟你说再见
I’ll say good-bye in the morning.
这里是伦敦BBC广播电台
This is the BBC, London.
现在是1940年6月24日,晚上7:15
Today, June 24, 1940, at 7:15 PM,
法国向德国投降
France surrendered to Germany.
从5月10日开始德国对尼德兰国家…
The events of the past 45 days, beginning with the German invasion…
进行了到目前为止45天的入侵…造成了巨大的灾难
of the low countries on May 10, have thus come to a tragic climax.
英国,现在实际上是孤军奋战…
England, now fighting virtually alone,
面对的是德国♥军♥队的即将入侵…
faces the German military power whose aim to conquer…
或者说是面对毁灭 人类文明的决斗…
or destroy the entire civilized world…
这一天马上就会到来
can no longer be questioned.
用邱吉尔的话来说就是…
In the words of Mr. Winston Churchill,
维加将军所谓的法国 保卫战已经结束…
“What General Vegar has called the Battle of France is over.
不列颠之战马上开始
The Battle of Britain is about to begin.”
莱特诺德,我希望你命令把车开慢点
Leutnant, I do wish you’d order your driver to slow down.
我可以为祖国献身 但是不想是以出车祸来献身
I am reluctantly willing to die for the fatherland, but not in a traffic accident.
我们已经晚了 勃兰特,开快点,巴瑟
We’re late, Brandt. Go a little faster, Basserman.
我们已经撞倒一头母牛了
But we almost hit a cow back there.
那是我们一下午看到的唯一活物
The only living thing we have seen all afternoon.
这些人都到哪里去了?