Always take two pictures of hitchhikers.
我喜欢给搭便车的拍两张照片
One when I pick’em up,
上车时一张
one when I drop’em off.
下车时一张
Even in the service,
服役的时候
I was taking pictures.
我也会拍照片
That guy,
那个人
was a hitchhiker too?
他也是个搭便车的?
Well… Not exactly.
不,不是的
What do you think?
你觉得呢?
Join the army, see the world, arresting people …
参军,看世界,交朋友
and kill’em.
再把他们干掉
The East.
东部
Where are we?
我们到哪了?
Not far from where you are headed.
离你的目的地不远了
Not sure what you are looking for, but don’t change a thing.
我不晓得你在找什么,但不要忘了一件事
Steady in your boots.
路在脚下
Good luck, man.
祝你好运,伙计
I’m not sure what you are looking for either, but you will sure find your pine tree, man.
我也不晓得你要去哪里 但你一定会找到你的栖木,伙计
Young man?.. Are you alright? Are you injured?
小朋友,你还好吗?你受伤了?
Cathy, I need information.
凯西,我需要找人
You look like you need medical assistance.
看上去你需要的是医生
I would like to speak with Mrs. G. H. Jibsen, please.
我想见G.H.吉布森女士
I’m here to give a speech tomorrow night.
我明天安排了演讲
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字?
T.S.Spivet.
T.S.斯比维特
Just a moment.
稍等
You’re T.S. Spivet,
你就是…T.S.斯比维特
or your father is T.S. Spivet?
还是你父亲是T.S.斯比维特?
I am T.S. Spivet.
我是T.S.斯比维特
He claims to be, he actually is T.S. Spivet.
他说他的确是T.S.斯比维特
He is 9 or 10 years older
他9岁…10岁…
and very, very, very …
非常,非常,非常…
small.

Alright, that would be wonderful, thank you.
好的,太好了,谢谢
Miss Jibsen is on her way down.
吉布森小姐马上就下来
You can have a seat over there.
你去那儿坐坐吧
Thank you.
谢谢
You’re here?
你来了
Never too far away you know.
我从来没走远,你懂的
Yeah, I know.
是啊,我懂
See!… Made it to the Smithsonian.
瞧,顺利到达史密森了
The worst is yet to come.
最糟糕的还没来呢
Can help you, young man?
你找我,小朋友?
Ms. Jibsen?
吉布森小姐?
Hello.
你好
I am T.S. Spivet. I made it here.
我叫T.S.斯比维特,我成功抵达了
You’re the one I talked to in the phone, last friday?
就是你上周五跟我讲的电♥话♥?
Yes.
是的
So, where is your father?
那你父亲呢?
In fact, he is dead.
实际上,他已经去世了
I lied to you then.
我骗了你
So, who sent me the prototype of the magnet wheel?
那是谁给我寄的磁力轮设计原型?
I did.
是我
What, you expect me to belive that you invented it?
你想让我相信是你发明的磁力轮?
Not really.
也不全是
I don’t invent anything.
我什么也没发明
I just transposed the principle of
我只是把电子
an electron gravitating around the nucleus.
绕核子引力旋转的原理进行了变换
But as you know, to simulate its perpetual motion
但你知道,要想实现同样的永动过程
would require the creation
就需要创造
of a negative entropy,
负值熵
which is simply not possible.
这却是办不到的
You must agree.. right?
你也同意这一点,对么?
This can’t..
这不…
This can’t be.. How old are you?
这不可能!你多大了?
10.
10岁
We’re not gonna be ought to turn him into great communicator,
我们也许没法把他变成个表演家
but with the right clothes and some solid talking points, no problem.
但只要包装一下,找找话题,还是没问题的
Oh, yes.. In his eyes, I am the Scientific Authority of
是的,他认为我就是个科学权威
everything he admires.
那种让他敬仰的人
Okay, I’ll talk to you later.
好的, 晚点再谈
So, You need to keep him?
要住院么?
Nope.
不用
But with multiple fractures, he needs to rest.
但多发性骨折后,得多休息
Any abrupt movement
避免剧烈运动
and not cough or laugh.
也不能咳嗽,或者大笑
Good luck.
祝你好运
How do you feel?
感觉如何?
Like that mule done kick me good.
像被头蠢驴一脚踹翻了
Its my dad’s expression.
要是我父亲就会这么说
You have seen as miss your parents very much.
你肯定很还念你的父母
I’m so sorry!
抱歉
So, I talked to some colleagues at the Smithsonian.
我和史密森的同事聊了聊
And, everybody is ecstatic that you’ve
大家对你得奖的事
chosen for this award.
都兴奋极了
You have to give me their names. I’ll thank them in my speech.
你得把他们的名字告诉我,我演讲的时候要谢谢他们
On that topic..
关于演讲的事
I think we can quote something up for you.
我觉得可以让我们帮你写稿子
I prefer to write my own speech. Thank you.
我想自己写,谢谢
OK.
好吧
You certainly don’t waste any time about it, do you?
你真的从不浪费时间嘛?
No, this is a purple note book.
不是的,这是紫色笔记本
If i’ll be writing my speech, it would be in the red one.
要写演讲稿的话,我会用红色的
Yes, of course. And the purple one is for …?
噢,当然了,那紫色的是用来写…?
“General Considerations.”
“日常观察”
Such as?
比如说?
When did the child become an adult?
一个小孩子是什么时候长大成成人的
And?
还有呢?
When you don’t get excited about Christmas,
为什么你会不喜欢圣诞节
When you wear reading glass right a minute but can’t see to find them anywhere
为什么你会戴着眼镜却一直找不到眼镜
When you pay income tax and enjoy getting angry discussing,
为什么你一边交税,一边生气的说:
“What the heck are they going to do with all your money?”
“他们拿那么一大笔钱都干什么了”
And when you look down on children whatever is going on in their little heads.
还有低头看一个小孩: “他们的小脑袋瓜里都装了什么”
If 2x goes into 100 and x is an integer, How many of the
如果2到100 x是一个整数,是多少
2x + 2 integers will be divisible by 3n/2
2 x + 2 的整数将被3n/2整除
(2x-1)=(3x+1), what is x?
(2x-1)=(3x+1),x是什么?
how many possible integers less than 5000 are even integers…
有多少可能的整数小于5000 甚至是整数…
out of 15 or 21.
除了15或21。
What you doing?
你在做什么?
I am like a dolphin.
我就像只海豚
Turning one side of a brain off and other one on.
运转半边大脑,关闭另外半边
So, That’s what dolpins do?
海豚会这么干?
Yeah, to sleep.
是啊,睡觉时会
You’re funny.
你真可笑
Why?
怎么?
You travelled by yourself half across United States
你自个儿穿过了半个美国
to end up like a lab rat?
来这里当小白鼠?
This defies all understanding.
结果真出乎意料
Superior mental activity?
超级大脑活动度?
Superior to an average of an ocean mammal that is.
超过了海洋哺乳类的平均水平
You could train him like a highly intelligent seal.
你可以像训练高智商海豹一样训练他
I’m sorry,
你说什么?
but you don’t invent the perpetual movement machine
但你可没法造出永动机
by balancing a ball on your nose!
通过学会用鼻子顶球!
Thank you for evaluating my brain, Jodie.
谢谢你给我的大脑做测试,乔蒂
Will you like some
要来点儿
tuna tartare and grilled asparagus sprinkled with
金枪鱼片还有烤芦笋…
balsamic vinegar reduction?
伴香草醋么?
Sir, Why you hiding your white glove behind your back?
先生,为什么你要把白手套背在身后?
That’s just how they told me to stand.
这是这里的规矩

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!