gunshot going to the head
打在头上…
by an old rifle in a cold barn.
寒冷的谷仓里的旧步♥枪♥的子弹
Fixing on kissing that poison rope?
你以为我会吻那毒绳子一口么?
We still got our bussiness day,isn’t it?
我们还有活干,一天就要过去了
That was the first time my father ever patted me on the back,
那是我爸爸第一次拍我的后背
but I couldn’t tell who was to brush me off, to reprimand me
但是我说不清那一拍是不是责备我并让我走开
or a substitute for a hug.
还是拥抱的一种替代品
I would go to Washington DC tomorrow.
我明天就要去华盛顿特区了
I was a researcher, scientist,
我是一个学者,一个科学家
and they needed me there.
而且他们需要我
If I stayed here,
如果我呆在这里
I end up turning around in circles,
最后我会原地打转转
like these bats.
像这些蝙蝠一样
I only do the echo of myself.
我只能听到我自己的回音
hurry, Gracie, come on.
快,格雷西,快点收
What’s for dinner tonight?
今晚吃什么?
Puree Corn.
呃… 玉米泥
Hey T.S, can you take up my dish washing duties tonight?
T.S.,今晚你能替我洗碗吗?
I will make it upto you, I swear… Its…
我会给你补回来的,我发誓,主要是…
Tonight, its Miss USA pagent, and I really don’t wanna miss the opening.
今晚是美国小姐选美大赛然后我真不想错过开幕式
You already owe me 4.
你已经欠我四次了
Miss USA!
美国小姐?
And these women are picked for thier talents on what exactly?
这些女人们凭借她们的什么才能参赛的,具体来说…
Painting?
画画?
Yoga?
瑜伽?
Karate, perhaps?
空手道,也许是吧?
No mom.
不,妈
Miss America is only the “talent” portion.
你说的那个美洲小姐是考虑才能成分在里面的
Miss USA is the beauty contest.
我说的这个美国小姐是选美大赛
It’s way better.
我说的那个可棒多了
I still think its a mistake not to take into consideration
我还是觉得不应该不考虑…
these girls intellectual attitudes.
这些女孩子的智力资质
Mom, it’s a beauty contest.
妈,这是选美大赛
It’s Miss USA.
美国小姐
Otherwise, it would be called Miss High I.Q.
要不然就叫高智商小姐了
Which no one would watch,
一个没人看的节目
because it would be boring,
因为我们会感觉无聊
like my life!
就像我的生活一样!
I’m sorry Gracie, but …
我很抱歉,格雷西,但是…
you know what it,.. if you were to enter this kind of contest
你知道吗,如果你要参加这种大赛
It would be a mistake not to
不应该不考虑…
showcase your talents as an actress… and as a singer
不展现你作为演员…和歌♥手的才能
you have a pretty voice … and you play the hobo.
你的声音很美…而且你会演奏双簧管
I have to go to Kalispell tomorrow
我明天要去卡利斯佩尔
to collect specimens
去收集样本
It’ll be a few days.
我要离开一些日子
I prepared all of your meals, so, all you have to do is reheat them.
我给你们准备好了一日三餐,你们只要热一下就可以吃了
Good deal.

T.S.
T.S.
I’ve been thinking about what you told me the other day.
我一直在想你那天和我说的话
about what I used to do
关于我过去常常做的一些事情
that I stopped doing.
那些我不放弃的事情
And I was wondering …
然后我在想…
will you come with me to Kalispell?
你想和我一起去卡利斯佩尔吗?
I would be great to have your help.
有你帮忙会好极了
Mom, it’s entertainment.
妈,是娱乐
Entertainment!
娱——乐!
You thought about what I asked you?
你考虑清楚我问你的事没?
Sorry, I cant come with you to Kalispell tomorrow.
对不起,我明天不能和你去卡利斯佩尔
I have to finish a project for Mr. Stenpock.
我要完成斯坦帕先生给我布置的一个项目
OK.
好的
Next time, I’ll try and give you a notice.
下次 我会多给你些安排的余地
You reached the Office of Ms. Jibsen, please leave a message.
你已经拨通了吉布森小姐的办公室电♥话♥,请留言
By Jack Campbell speaking
我是杰克·坎贝尔
The President of the University of Montana.
蒙大拿大学校长
I have some good news.
我有些好消息
Mr.T.S. Spivet has managed to rearrange his schedule.
T.S.斯比维特先生已经重新安排了他的日程表
So, He will be leaving…first thing tomorrow. He will not be reachable,
他明天一早就出发,到时候他无法接电♥话♥
but will make just in time to accept the baird award
但是他会按时到会以领♥取♥贝尔德奖
and make his speech or not.
并作他自己的获奖感言
Good night. I mean good morning…
晚安,我是说,早上好…
Hey…I do not if you’re aware anything, but …
我不知道你有没有意识到什么,但是…
you are talking to a garbage can.
你在和垃圾桶讲话
The four steps of packing
打包的四个步骤
I was terrified at the thought of having to pack my suitcase.
我一想到要打包行李就感到害怕
Even packing for school everyday,
甚至连每天上学的时候
took me at the very least 23 min.
打包都要花掉我至少23分钟
Maybe 22 min.
可能是22分钟
1 – Play and replay the scenario of the trip in my head.
1 – 在脑海中演练并重新演练整个旅程的情节梗概
2 – To arrange all necessary items
2 – 按重要性次序大小…
in order of importance.
整理所有必要的物品
Eight pair of underwear.
8条内♥裤♥
Two sextants.
两个航海六分仪
Three burgundy sweaters.
三件紫红色毛衣
One thermometer, One hygrometer, One barometer.
一个温度计,一个湿度计,一个气压表
Only one telescope.
只有一副望远镜
One frontal headlamp officially known as Tom.
一个最初叫做汤姆的前头灯
Five blank red notebooks
5本空白的红色笔记本
And five blank purple notebooks
5本空白的紫色笔记本
One tape measure,
一副卷尺
and my set of Gillette pens
还有我的一套吉莉安笔具
Twelve handkerchiefs.
12条手帕
A box of raisins.
一盒葡萄干
Twelve carrot sticks.
12根萝卜棒
Eleven.
11根
A self-defense handbook.
一本防身手册
My sparrow skeleton.
我的麻雀护身符
binoculars.
望远镜
My Leatherman.
我的莱瑟曼多功能刀具
3 – Avoid thinking about a scenario for which I will need a seismoscope
3 – 不要去想万一我需要简易地震计的情况
for a woodpecker who would be pecking beak at the tree.
那样会老听到啄木鸟叮树的声音
4 – Pack everything
4 – 打包所有的东西
and finally add my teddy bear Big Jojo.
最后把我的泰迪熊大约约带上
At 4 o’clock in the morning,
在早上四点钟的时候
my suitcase was finally ready.
我的箱子终于可以上路了
Goodbye, Layton.
再见,雷顿
I’ll be away for a while to Washington D.C.
我要离开一段时间去华盛顿特区
I’ll bring you back a souvenir.
我会给你带纪念品的
I’m sorry for what I did.
我很后悔我之前做的事
Dear Spivet Family , I’m gone for a while to do some work.
亲爱的斯比维特一家,我要离开一段时间去做一些事情
Dont worry, I’ll be fine.
别担心,我没事的
I do not want to bother you by telling you about it ahead of time.
我不想提前告诉你们这件事怕打扰你们
Thank you for taking care of me. You’re one of the best families in the world.
谢谢你们照顾我,你们是世界上最棒的家人
Love, T.S.
爱你的,T.S.
Diary
日记
Hello, Tapioca.
你好,木薯卡
Hello.
你好
I’ll miss you.
我会想你的
Where are you going?
你要去哪里?
To the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.
去史密森学院,在华盛顿特区
It seems like everyone ends up
似乎家里每个人最后都…
leaving in this house.
要离开这里
I’ll be back.
我会回来的
Why had he not stopped?
为什么他没停下来?
Because I was responsible for his favorite son’s death
因为我对他最爱的儿子之死负有责任…
and I must be banished from the ranch.
而我注定要被从牧场流放
Thats why.
这就是解释
Hey, you!
嘿,你!
Come back!
给我回来!
Hold on, kid!
别跑,小子!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!