I thought they would send me back home before I could receive the award.
我以为不这么说他们会把我送回家,就不能领奖了
Dr. Clair, You must have been worried sick,
克莱尔博士,你一定急坏了
I mean, he is so small.
他还这么小
Yes, well, when a child disappears,
是啊,当你的孩子失踪的时候
the world stops turning.
你的世界似乎都停止转动了
But, surely you must have been very angry. When you heard..
但你也一定非常生气…
With all the respect
恕我直言
You asked me a question, I would like to finish my answer.
您问了我一个问题,我希望能把要说的说完
When your child disappears
当你的孩子失踪了
well, you’ll lose your sanity.
你会失去理性
Some will channel their anger by kicking goats out of barbwire.
有些人把山羊踢出铁丝网,以此发泄
I’m sorry..Goats! We’re talking goats?
抱歉,你说山羊?我们讨论起山羊来了
Others will surf the beetles that don’t exist.
还有些人会去寻找不存在的甲虫
Those are just feared merely take a train that is never coming back
那些失踪了的人就像搭上了一辆不会回头的火车
so sometimes you just stop by the tracks,
所以,有时候,你只能站在铁路边
and stare at the rails.
盯着铁轨发呆
So you read my journal …
你偷看了我的日记
I’m sorry.
对不起
I know it’s not right.
我错了
What about giving a gun to a child as a gift?
那送一把枪给一个孩子做礼物没错么?
Or letting two kids play
或是让两个孩子
with a gun, in a barn,
在谷仓里玩枪
unsupervised…
却没人看着
You think that’s right?
你觉得那样做对么?
That’s good question actually!
确实是个好问题
T.S.
T.S.
What happened in the barn?
谷仓里到底发生了什么?
T.S.?
T.S.?
Wasn’t your fault, T.S.
不是你的错,T.S.
It wasn’t your fault.
不是你的错
It wasn’t.
那不是
It wasn’t anyone’s fault.
不是任何人的错
It was an accident.
那是一场意外
As your father said,
就像你♥爸♥说的
what happened …
发生了的
just happened…
就发生了
OK, I think,
好了,我想…
T.S. .. Dr Clair
T.S.,克莱尔博士
We should,.. We should have a moment.
我们得停一停
Just…just forget the cameras
暂时忘记摄像机
and the audience,
和观众们
and just.. maybe…
也许,你们现在…
hug?
来个拥抱?
Cry? Touch, maybe?
流点眼泪?摸一摸?
Actually, I wanna ask you about beauty pageants.
说真的,我想问问你选美比赛的事
I know Miss America
我知道美洲小姐
and Miss USA different,
和美国小姐是不同的比赛
But the criteria they use
但他们挑选女性的…
..is shameful.. Why?..
评判标准又肤浅又不害臊
Mom! Mom!
妈,妈!
I guess the crown necessarily be a ravishing beauty…
…有必要非得花枝招展…
..underfed… Mom!
妈妈!
What?
啥?
Oh, Yeah.
噢,好
You will stay here or go?
你想留还是想走?
Go.
好 想走
A river… of emotion …
汹涌的感情啊…
No, No, come back!
站住,回来!
This is a 20 minute interview, there’s 9 minutes left.
这是个20分钟的节目,还剩9分钟
This is reality, this is better than science!
改真人秀了,这可比什么科学有趣多了!
This is cable TV.
您正在收看的是有线电视!
You’re a filthy little liar.
你这个肮脏的小骗子
You’re a little m***r.
你操了你妈
Wait! wait! Oh!
等等!
Where do you think you are going?
你们这是上哪去?
To Coppertop ranch.
回铜顶牧场
Cut!
切!
You OK?
你没事吧?
Reckon if you’re OK, that’s all it gots!
你没事才是最重要的
My boy’s OK.
我儿子没事
So, I’m mute..
据说啊我是哑巴
and I’m dead?
还嗝屁了
Sorry, Dad.
对不起,爸
How come you didn’t stop that morning when you saw me on the road?
那天你看见我在路上怎么没停下来
Rancher’s word , I never saw you.
说实话,我那天真没见着你
I need a box of biscuits, a box of mixed biscuits and a biscuit mixer.
我需要一箱饼干,一箱混合饼干 和饼干混频器
Are you talking to me or are you talking to the peanut butter?
你在跟我说话还是跟花生酱说话?
Its a diction exercise, moron.
我在练绕口令,傻瓜
You’d be better out trying some yourself enough here
我们自己得为明年练练嗓子了
or make it on TV again.
到时你又上电视了的话
I’ve got some more to do in the public speaking department.
对着镜头才能有话可说
How about you just show us how its done the day you’re in a movie.
干脆你直接给我们看看你上电视的那一天要怎样表现
Yeah, or in the running for Miss Montana.
是啊,或者上蒙大拿小姐选美的时候
Or a reality show about a normal person
或者是去上一部真人秀,讲的一个普通人
living with a bunch of insane hostile degenerates.
跟一群荒唐、险恶、死板的人一起生活的事
Speaking of which, does anyone know
说起这个,有谁知道
if or when your father is showing up for breakfast?
你们老爸什么时候还会进来吃早餐么?
You guys don’t ever made up?
你俩还没和好?
Look, I know goats eat everything, including paper… I get’em, I get’em.
听着,我知道山羊什么都吃, 再清楚不过
But, the fact that one of them
但他们其中有一只羊
climbed through the kitchen window and eat all my notes
跳过厨房♥的窗口,把我所有的笔记吃了
on the female Ontophagus sagittarius, and how it copulates with its horns
那上面我记了雌马嗡蜣螂如何用角交♥配♥
that is inexcusable.
这就不能原谅了
It’s okay, it’s okay.
我没事,我没事
He’s just kicking.
胎动而已
I thought you’re going to give birth on the kitchen again?
我觉得你又要在厨房♥生小孩了
Again? I never gave birth in kitchen.
又要?我从没在厨房♥生过小孩
Really?
是么?
Then, why is my name Sparrow?
那为什么我的名字叫司柏柔(麻雀)?
No, That was Gracie’s idea.
那是格雷西的主意
She found a dead sparrow
她那天在厨房♥里
here in the kitchen, the day I had you in the hospital.
发现了一只死麻雀,我刚好那天在医院生了你
So she concluded that you were the reincarnation of the sparrow.
所以她觉得你是那只麻雀转世来的
I know when I die, an elephant will be born.
我死后, 会转世成大象
Oh, no!
噢,不要
Statistically speaking,
就统计上来说
there are better chances that next newborn Spivet, will be
下一位新出生的斯比维特有很大可能
the reincarnation …
会是一个
of a toaster.
面包机的转世
And in mean time,
同时,
I had only one month left to finish my plans
我只有一个月的时间用来完成我的
for a new perpetual motion machine.
新的永动机设计了
Beware mediocrity …
谨防平庸
mold of mind.
心灵的典范
We’re talking about Baird prize!
我们谈论的是贝尔德奖
Armas nunca mais, meninos!
老爸现在确实很享受
Entertainment. Between di-ver-sion!
我的娱乐就是发明
Alas!
啊
A river of emotions.
思绪如河
The story ended
故事讲完了
Do not play this with me, T. S.
别跟我玩这些, T. S.
Take care, kid.
当心点,小子
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字
Ladies and Gentlemen: T.S Spivet!
女士们先生们 我叫T.S 斯派维!