我找到了一个新的翻译 一个年轻人
We’ve got a rookie translator. We’ve got, uh, a young man…
他在自己的领域 做了一个巨大的改变
who’s making a huge, you know, change in his environment…
也是我们巨大改变的开始
and, uh, it’s the beginning of a huge thing for us.
看着慢慢变化 很有意思
It’s gonna be very interesting to see how it plays out.
他刚刚到达
All of a sudden, by the time he was actually to arrive…
就发现一大群人
there was just a throng of people.
他妈妈已经到了
His mother had already been here.
她先于他到达 希望能够…
She had come ahead of him, and they wanted her to have…
尽量在他到达的时候
as good of a home environment as possible for him…
给他一个家庭一样的环境
waiting when he got here.
我看到好多人沿着这走廊过来
I saw this enormous person walking down the corridor.
他妈妈 看到了他行激动
And his mother, of course, was very ex cited to see him…
第一个跑出来问好他
and ran out before anybody else to greet him.
第一次靠近他
That first time you’re near him, it’s just such…
你会感觉很别扭
an impressive thing.
因为…因为…
It’s… you just… I mean, you know…
从未见过这么高大的人
you’ve never seen anybody this… this large.
他走了上来…我… 我们都做了介绍
He came up, and, uh, I was… we were introduced…
他说 我以为你应该老一点
and he said, “I thought you’d be a lot older.”
呵呵 哈哈哈哈…
Heh heh. And, uh…
我说 那真不好意思 我不知道说什么
I said, “Well, I’m sorry.” I didn’t know what to say.
我第一次见到他的时候 看得出他很紧张
When I first met him, I could tell he was so nervous.
我非常害怕
I was pretty… pretty scared.
真正集中到他身上的是
It really was coming into focus for him…
不仅仅要成为姚明的代言人
that this was not just him being a mouthpiece for Yao Ming…
还要面对注视着的全世界的人
but the fact that the world was gonna be watching.
当我到了休斯顿
When I arrived in Houston…
好多人欢迎我
there were a lot of people welcoming me.
我被夹在中国的期望
I was caught between the expectations of China…
与休斯顿的期望之间
and those of Houston.
我唯一能做的就是稳步前进
The only thing I could do was forge ahead.
休斯顿人喜欢篮球
Houston loves basketball.
最近几年 我们出了两个冠军
We’ve had two championships in recent years…
看着姚明到来
and we saw Yao Ming coming here…
我们要的答案就是
as an answer to what we needed…
带我们夺冠
to take us back to the championship.
我现在向休斯顿引见姚明 康帕中心球馆
I’d like to, uh, introduce Yao Ming to Houston.
感谢大家的到来
Thanks, everybody, for being here.
各位久等了
I know I’ve made everybody wait a long time…
但是我希望…
but I hope that, um…
大家知道 你们没有白等
everybody will think it was worth the wait.
你是否很想会会奥尼尔?
Uh, how much do you look forward to, uh, facing Shaquille O’Neal?
他说
He said…
每一个问题都必须去面对
every, uh, problem has to be faced.
你对NBA的生活方式
How interested are you to…
是否很感兴趣
in learning the lifestyle of the NBA…
以及你现在将要融入的文化?
and the part of the culture that you’ve now joined?
我首先看到了史蒂夫·弗朗西斯
I saw Steve Francis first.
他开着新的大奔
He was driving a brand-new Benz…
音乐震天响 对我来说 并不感到惊讶
with the music blaring. It wasn’t surprising to me…
因为我早就听说过 美国篮球员的这种事
because that’s what I’d heard about the American ballplayers.
嗨 你好
Hi. -How you doin’?
见到你很高兴
Glad to see you. You ready?
是你带我来这儿的
You have helped me. -Huh?
是吗
I got it for you.
要不是我 你还不会来这里呢 是不是?
If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t be here, right?
因为你我才来这里 正确
You make me come here. -Exactly.
我第一次看到队员
The first time I saw my teammates…
我不知道是什么感觉 但是很紧张
I’m not sure how they felt, but I was terribly nervous.
怎么样?你好吗
What’s up, baby? How are you?
你好 很好
How you doin’? Good? -Pretty good.
我经常在电视上看到他们
I always watched them on TV.
现在我感觉好像自己 进入了电视机
Now it feels like I just walked into the television set.
看到他了吗? 你会买♥♥悍马吗?
See him? You gettin’ a helmet?
什么? 悍马 诺里斯,火箭队后卫
What? -Gettin’ a helmet?
不 我不会
No. I…
太低了
It’s… it’s too low.
太小? 哈哈哈
Too small? Ha ha ha!
你太小
You’re a small.
小了点儿?
You wear a small?
对 是小了点儿
That’s it. That’s you.

Yeah!
哈哈
Yeah! Ha ha. Yeah. Yeah.
我是这么说的
That’s what I’m talkin’ about.
因为我不知道他们 在北♥京♥怎么开玩笑
See, I don’t know if they tell jokes over in Beijing…
所以开始的时候我就什么都不说
so I didn’t want to say nothin’ at first…
因为那样很无礼
Thought it’d be disrespectful.
所以那是我什么 都不说的原因
Yeah. That’s why I said I didn’t want to say nothin’.
现在你在美国 婊♥子♥ 我们都开下流玩笑
You in America now, bitch! That’s all we do… crack jokes.
我们都这样
That’s all we do.
别人说…这是喜剧
What they say… it’s comedy, man.
你得赶快适应过来
You better hurry up and get adjusted to this…
到时候你可别受不了啊
’cause we gonna light your ass up.
哈哈哈 哈
Ha ha ha! -Ha ha!
好大…他是个大家伙
Big… he a big kid, big fella.
是的
He is.
很好 幸好他在我们这边
That’s good. I’m glad he’s on our side.
哈哈
Ha ha ha!
姚明首次参加训练
Yao Ming has gone through something…
他经历了别人不曾经历的事情
that nobody really has had to go through…
他经历了选秀这一关
being a number one pick.
姚明没有进行规定的适应性训练
Yao missed all the orientation of necessities.
开始两个月的集训…
Uh, first two weeks of training camp…
你可以把你的理论 你的防御
where you put in your nuts and bolts…
你的进攻详细的用上
of your philosophy, your offense, your defense…
他很想念那些
he missed all that.
他传…你要接住
He comes in… you got to catch up…
现在聚光灯正对着你
and now you got the spotlight right on you…
看着你的每一个动作
watching every single move.
我们赢的方法就是快速起落
The way we win is we get up and down real quick…
如果大个子绕到后面
and if a big guy goes to the post…
赶快进入内圈 投篮得分 这是最好的赢球方法
quick pass inside, score. That’s the best way to win.
如果等待半场安排
If we wait for half-court setup…
那么比分不会很高
the percentage is not good like that.
所以我们要快速起…
So we get up… fshoo!
对 对
Right. -Yeah.
这不简单
It’s not gonna be easy.
有太多不同的东西要学
There’s so many different things that have to be learned.
一般你要到这里来 卡托就在这里
Usually you’re gonna be here, where Cato is.
如果遭到后卫阻拦 直接往这边传 火箭队助理教练:吉姆·莫林
And you pin down, and you post up right there.
33
33.
11月5日
Hip-hip. 11-5.
11-5
11-5.
我们有自己的语言
We have our own language anyway.
我可以站在其他的球队面前
Uh, I could stand in front of the other team…
谈火箭队的打法
and talk Rocket basketball…
哪怕他们想靠近你
while they’re standing right next to us…
也不会明白我们说什么
and they wouldn’t understand what we were saying.
C-传就是重新传球
“C-out” Is a re-pick.
接住 回来
Take it off. Come back.
C-5 分
C-5, pull.
C-5 分
“C-5, pull.”
我们派4个人到角落
We pull the 4-man out to the corner.
2个选一个 4个…
2 pick one. 4 pick…
2号♥选4 5号♥选2.32
No. 2 picks 4, and 5 picks 2. 32.
4-个人刚好一个循环
4-man is gonna rotate…
很好
Nice.

Ohh!
因为语言障碍
It’s gonna be a hard process…
要进步很难
because of the language barrier.