好端端的一个赛季就这样结束了
what has been a tremendous season.
这球本来就不好打
It’s hard enough just playing the game itself…
压力一 你是选秀的状元
but you factor in the pressure of being the number one pick…
压力二 因为你是中国人
also you factor in him being Chinese…
从来没有一个球员
there’s never been a player…
受到中国如此的关注
who has been through this type of scrutiny.
姚明并不觉得这个赛季是个失败
I don’t think Yao felt that the season was a loss for him…
对他 对他的球迷来说都是如此
or for the people that expected so much of him.
姚明在增进两国人♥民♥的文化沟通
Yao Ming has played a very important role…
尤其是两国年轻人之间的沟通方面
in enhancing the cultural understanding…
起了非常重要的作用
between our two peoples, particularly the youngsters.
姚明要给大家讲述一个
Yao Ming’s gonna tell everybody a story…
乔治·华盛顿的故事
about George Washington.
姚明问你们知不知道…
Yao Ming wants to know if you guys know…
这是个什么故事 有什么意义
what the story is about, what it means.
讲实话
Telling the truth.
是讲实话吗? 是的
Is it about telling the truth? Yeah.
大家一起为姚明鼓掌
Come on, clap for Yao Ming.
耶!
Yay!
姚明证明了他来这里
Yao demonstrates that he’s here to learn…
是为了学习一种新的文化
about a new culture…
同时也忠于自己的文化
while being very true to his own culture.
科林 你可以问他在他的转型中你扮演了什么角色?
Colin, can you ask him how important you are…
有多重要吗?
to his transition?
对你在NBA 在美国的生活等等…
How important am I to your transition to the NBA…
我的作用有多重要?
and to America?
我会建议下一个中国球员使用你的
“I’ll recommend you to the next Chinese player.”
对科林来说 他发现…
In Colin, he found someone…
他们可以成为朋友…
that could be his friend, that he could confide in…
姚明可以 把一些事情讲给他听…
that he could tell certain things to…
那些他认为不方便 告诉其他人的事
that maybe he didn’t feel comfortable telling others…
科林就是这样一个角色
and Colin became just one of the guys.
那天你吃的多…
The other day when we were eating pizza…
比萨饼你吃的比我多
you ate more than I did.
比萨
Pizza.
我吃得比你多吗?
Uh, I ate more than you did?
是的 你吃的比我多
Yeah. You ate more than me.
你肯定?  -是的,肯定
Are you sure? -Yeah, I’m sure.
我可不这样认为. -我这样认为
I don’t think so. -I think so.
科林自己是一个火箭迷…
Colin’s a Rocket himself…
我认为他很好的帮助了姚明
and I thought he did a good job of helping Yao.
他把自己的时间都花在姚身上
He just took his time with everything…
我认为他们能成为朋友 这样已经很好了
and I thought it was good that they were able to…
你知道 相互理解
you know, to learn from each other.
这是那个古代的有恐龙的时候
我问过姚他是否觉得…
Sometimes I’d ask Yao if he felt like…
自己有种完成使命的感觉
he’d completed some sort of mission…
但他总是开玩笑
but he’d always just make a joke.
回到北♥京♥ 不管什么时候 坐到饭桌旁…
Back in China, whenever I set the table for dinner…
我都会为他准备一个牌子
I’ll put a place setting for him with a nameplate.
科林派恩 安息吧
“Colin Pine, rest in peace.”
姚 你现在去哪?
Yao, where are you going right now?
啊? -你现在去哪?
Huh? -Where are you going right now?
我去西方
I’m going west.
去东方. -不,西方
Go east. -No, west.
休斯顿在东方. -西方
Houston is east. -West.
不 他是回中国
No, he’s going to China.
他所做到的
He’s probably doing more bridging…
可能比他意识到 自己做的还要多
than he realizes he’s doing.
我认为他代表了一代…
I do think he is representing, um, a generation of Asians…
美国人看不到 也不了解的亚洲人
that Americans certainly don’t see and don’t understand…
如果我们现在 让时光再前进20年…
and I think if we can all look back 20 years from now…
你可能会看到姚明…
you’ll probably see Yao Ming…
最为一个时代桥梁…
as one of those transitional points…
把两个国家连在一起
one of those bridges that made all that happen.
姚明成为了一种象征…
Yao Ming has become a symbol…
在中国国内展示民族骄傲…
of China’s turning from an inward-looking nation…
在国外展示民族自强
to an outward-looking nation…
他捕获了无数遐想…
and he has captured the imagination…
我认为 他让无数美国人的心…
and, I think, the hearts of millions and millions…
与全世界连接在一起
of Americans and people throughout the world.
而且他非常的幽默…
And he’s doing it with good humor…
我认为 是好的精神
and, I think, good spirits.
我认为姚对自己的理解…
I think Yao took away a greater understanding of himself…
了解得很透彻
and what he could do.
我认为他有强烈的信念…
I think that he took away a really strong sense…
相信自己可以克服一切
of the barriers he could overcome.
我和科林今年一起度过了很多
Colin and I accomplished big things together this year.
他教会我了解美国…
He taught me a lot about America…
了解美国人 还有它的文化
the people, and its culture.
同时我因此认为具有了…
Also I think he took away…
美国人的一种思维…
a sense of what makes America tick…
并且让他想回家看看
and what made him want to go home.
保重啊 不要乱打电♥话♥给我
Don’t be calling me in the middle of the night.
作为一个翻译…
Beyond just being a translator…
我本来是想成为他的一个朋友
I wanted to be a friend.
他对我期待很多
He definitely looked out for me a lot.
他是我会一直保持联♥系♥的人
He’s a person that I will always keep in touch with.
我们已经产生了一种强烈的友谊
You know, we’ve developed a strong friendship…
这对我才是最重要的
and that’s what’s important to me.
你在国内时 如果需要美国的东西…
Let me know if you need anything from the States…
尽管告诉我
while you are gone.
我尽量去中国看你
I’ll try to come visit you in China.
回家吧 回去吧
Go home, get out of here. Go on.
一路顺风
Hey!
看到他离开我有点伤心 我知道我会想他
I was sad to see him go, and I knew I was gonna miss him.
我知道他已经准备好回家了
And I know he was ready to go home.
他不仅仅是个翻译
He was much more than a translator to me.
他还帮我处理一些事务
He helped me through everything.
我们就像是兄弟
We were like brothers.
非常有趣 从某种程度上说…
It’s funny. In some ways…
我真的对姚明知道的不太多
I don’t really know that much about Yao.
但同时 我感觉自己真的了解他
But at the same time, I feel like I do understand him.
当姚明离开后…
As Yao left…
我想起了一句中国古话
I was reminded of an old Chinese proverb I had read.
欲得识于人
“To understand the people…
先识其邻
“you must first greet your neighbor”…
因此 我了解他
and so I had.
在不到2年的时间中 NBA接受了姚明的休斯顿火箭队
也接受了中国的这个体育巨星
中美职业体育第一次 如此融会得如此和洽
Yao Ming! Yao Ming!
姚明!姚明! 姚明!姚明!
Yao Ming! Yao Ming! Yao Ming! Yao Ming!
姚明!姚明!
姚明!姚明! 姚明!姚明!
Yao Ming! Yao Ming! Yao Ming! Yao Ming!
姚明!姚明! 姚明!姚明!
Yao Ming! Yao Ming! Yao Ming! Yao Ming!
姚明!
Yao Ming!
姚明!姚明! 姚明!姚明!
Yao Ming! Yao Ming! Yao Ming! Yao Ming!
姚!
Yao!
姚明!姚明!
Yao Ming! Yao Ming!
姚明!姚明!
Yao Ming! Yao Ming!
第一次为杰夫·范甘迪打球
First play for Jeff Van Gundy and his Houston Rockets.
姚明第一次投篮得分!
There’s Yao Ming with his first field goal!
姚明!
Yao Ming!
姚明!
Yao Ming!
这样结束是不是感到难受?
Are you sad that this is over?
你知道吗 这样的结束 我应该感到开心才对
I mean, that’s what I’m happy for, you know?
我难受是因为我又得离开家了
And sad being I have to leave home again.