…and they’ll swear you’re the holdup man.
我想你再去一躺康沃尔
I think maybe you’ll have to go back to Cornwall…
看看有什么其它的线索
…and dig up some more facts on your side.
现在 第二个日子
Now, this second date…
12月18号♥
…December 18th.
你能想到什么
Did either of you recall any event or circumstance…
对我们有用的
…that might be useful to us?
-12月18号♥ -我记得我没有怎么走动
-December 18th? -I remember I didn’t go out much…
在圣诞之前 我牙痛
…before Christmas. I had a toothache…
我的下巴都肿了 我觉得我不能上班了
…and my jaw was so swollen I didn’t feel like working.
我在俱乐部 但是我没有离开过
I did work at the club, but otherwise I didn’t leave the house.
-由谁能证明嘛 -当然 乐队的伙计们
-Was that noticeable? -Oh, yes. The fellas in the band…
老拿这事开我玩笑的 -牙痛持续了多久
…kidded me about it all the time. -How long did it last?
-两周 -看牙医了吗
-Two weeks before Christmas. -See a dentist?
看过几次
Yeah, several times.
他能证明吧
And he’d testify to that?
并且如果你12月18号♥抢劫了保险公♥司♥
And if you’d held up the insurance office December 18th…
肿大下巴应该被注意到
…this swollen face would be noticed.
-当然 -好极了
-Sure would. -Yeah.
但是指证你的女孩没有人提到这点
But this was not mentioned by any of the girls who identified you.
是的 我想我们利用这点
Yeah. I think we may be able to make something of this…
当然 罗斯 也能证明
…and, of course, Rose could testify to that too.
是的
Yes.
我应该可以
I suppose so.
是的 我
Yeah, I…
我会在肿大下巴上努力一下的
This swollen jaw of yours is something for me to work on.
你有牙医的名字吗
Have you got the name of the dentist?
我放在家里了 我回家就打电♥话♥告诉你
I have it someplace. I’ll phone you when I get home.
我会找字迹专家 因为你的笔迹
I’m going to bring in a handwriting expert because your printing…
和强盗条子上的字迹
…and the printing on the holdup note…
需要证明是不一样的
…will have to be compared and proved to differ.
现在我要你们两个再想想康沃尔
Well, now, I want you two to think again about Cornwall…
回到家后 再想想看那个打拳击的人的名字
…when you get home. Try and get the name of that boxer.
想想看其他的细节
Try and recall any other details.
后天再见面
See you again day after tomorrow?
-好的 -很好
-Yes, sir. -Okay.
罗斯
Rose?
再见 巴勒斯彻洛女士
Goodbye, Mrs. Balestrero.
我们会赢的
We’re gonna win this case, you know.
再见
Goodbye.
这正常吗
Is this usual?
不 我也不知道
No. I don’t understand it.
我想你该带她 去看一下医生 曼尼
I think you should let a doctor see her, Manny.
我想我会的
I think I will.
你说马上
You mean right away?
我不知道 我不是医生
I don’t know. I’m no doctor…
但是我觉得她病得不轻
…but I’d say she’s a very sick woman.
罗斯 马上就天亮了 你还没有睡觉
Rose, it’s almost morning. Haven’t you gone to bed yet?
没有
No.
那儿很冷的
Honey, it’s chilly in here.
你该很早就睡觉了
You should have been asleep a long time ago.
我睡不着
I can’t sleep.
罗斯 这是第二次我回来 你还没有睡觉
Rose, this is the second night I’ve come home and found you awake.
而且你也没有吃东西
And you’re not eating either.
这是不对的
Honey, this isn’t right.
你不觉得你该去看一下医生
Don’t you think you ought to see a doctor?
我没有事情 我什么要去看医生
There’s nothing wrong with me. Why should I see a doctor?

Well…
一个人不吃不睡
…when a person doesn’t sleep and doesn’t eat…
对什么事情都没有兴趣 该去看一下医生
…and seems to lose interest in everything, maybe a doctor can help.
我们现在的事都没钱支付 看医生我们怎么负担的起
We can’t pay for things now. How could we pay for a doctor?
我在想
I’ve been thinking about the trial…
孩子和谁在一起
…and who will stay with the boys.
我给我妈妈打过电♥话♥了 她会过来住的
I called Mother, and she’ll come over and stay.
如果你愿意
If you want her to.
罗斯
Rose…
在这几天里 你 你还像没有在意
The last few days, you’ve… You haven’t seemed to care…
发生的事情
…what happens to me at the trial.
你看到了 没有必要去在意了
Don’t you see? It doesn’t do any good to care.
不管你做什么 他们都会改变 并对你不利
No matter what you do, they’ve got it fixed so that it goes against you.
不管你是多清白
No matter how innocent you are…
或者你多努力 他们都会使你有罪
…or how hard you try, they’ll find you guilty.
我们不能再被他们玩弄了
Well, we’re not going to play into their hands anymore.
你不再出门
You’re not going out.
你不再去夜♥总♥会♥
You’re not going to the club…
孩子们也不去上学
…and the boys aren’t going to school.
我坐在这儿都想过了
I’ve thought it all over, sitting here.
我们锁上门
We’re going to lock the doors…
待在屋子里
…and stay in the house.
不让他们进来
We’ll lock them out and keep them out.
是的 这也许是该做的
Yes, maybe that’s the thing to do.
我们不再出门 但是
We won’t go out any more than we have to, but…
还有一件事情我们要安排
…there’s one thing we should arrange.
妈妈过来住 还是孩子们上她那儿
Whether Mother comes here or the boys go and stay with her.
你不想孩子们在家
You wanna get the children out of the house…
因为你觉得我疯了 对不对
…because you think I’m crazy, don’t you?
对不对
Don’t you?
你也不是完美的
Well, you’re not so perfect either.
我怎么知道你是不是疯了
How do I know you’re not crazy?
你没有告诉我你做的所有事情
You don’t tell me everything you do.
我怎么知道你是不是有罪 你可能有罪
How do I know you’re not guilty? You could be.
-你可能有罪 -罗斯
-You could be! -Rose.
罗斯
Rose.
你去贷款公♥司♥
You went to the loan company…
为休假借钱
…to borrow money for a vacation.
你在我们负担不起的时候借钱
You did that when we couldn’t afford it.
你想要什么就买♥♥什么
You always wanted to buy things on time.
我告诉你不要这样做
I told you not to.
我告诉你这样会越欠越多
I told you they’d pile up and pile up until we couldn’t meet it all.
现在已经越欠越多
And it did pile up.
然后他们从外面进来
And then they reached in from the outside…
给我们看
…and they put this on us.
就因为这个 你就赢不了
And it’ll beat us. And you can’t win!
他们破坏力你的证据
They spoiled your alibi.
他们反过来多你不利
They’ll fix it so that they can smash us…
他们会这样做的
…and they will. They’ll smash us down!
这是真的 曼尼
It’s true, Manny.
我出了点状况
There is something wrong with me.
你该让我去某些地方
You’ll have to let them put me somewhere.
什么让你这样想的
What makes you think so?
人们相信我
People had faith in me and…
我却使他们失望
…I let them down.
但是不是一直这样 对不对
But it wasn’t always that way, was it?
我猜不是一直这样
No, I guess not.
你什么时候开始这样想的
When did you first feel this way?
从我丈夫被捕开始
When my husband was arrested.
那时 我意识到我让他失望了
That’s when I knew I’d let him down.
你是怎么知道的
Well, how did you know it then?
我会告诉你的
I could tell.
他们要我展示一下
They wanted to show me up.
他们在考虑曼尼还是你
Were they thinking about Manny or about you?
他们要惩罚我
No, they wanted to punish me…
因为我
…because I’d failed him and then let him down.
我搞砸了一切
I did everything all wrong.
他们抓他因为他有罪
Well, didn’t they arrest him, because they thought he was guilty?
不不不 他们知道他是无罪的
Oh, no. No, they knew he wasn’t guilty.
我有罪 他们是冲我来的
I was guilty. They were after me.
他们是冲我来的 他们会来抓我的
They were after me, and they’ll get me.
不用再努力了
It’s no good trying.
没用的
It’s useless.
什么是没用的 巴勒斯彻洛女士

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!