What can l…?
你们难道不明白我说的是事实吗
Don’t you see I’m trying to tell the truth?
好了 曼尼
Okay, Manny.
证据这么充分
With the evidence before us…
我们只有把他关起来了
…there’s nothing to do but lock him up.
我该怎么说 怎么做你们才信
How can I tell you? What can I do?
你要是想说点别的什么 我们倒是愿意听
If you can come up with something else, we’ll listen.
来这边 曼尼
Come on over here, Manny.
把帽子和外套放椅子上
Throw your hat and coat on that chair.
把右手给我
Give me your right hand.
放松点
Relax.
用这个擦擦
Wipe your hands with this.
过来 曼尼
Come on, Manny.
把你的东西带上
Take your hat and coat.
这个人因为抢劫被捕 上尉
We’re booking this man for robbery, lieutenant.
好吧 他叫什么
All right, what’s his name?
克里斯多佛·伊曼纽尔·巴勒斯彻洛
Christopher Emanuel Balestrero.
-年龄 -38
-Age? -Thirty-eight.
-已婚还是未婚 -已婚
-Married or single? -Married.
住址
Address?
第402478大街 杰克逊高地
402478th Street, Jackson Heights.
吸毒吗
Use narcotics?
不
No.
-什么指控 -暴♥力♥抢劫
-What’s the charge? -Assault and robbery.
抢劫了纽约联合人寿保险公♥司♥
Held up the Associated Life of New York.
偷得71美元
Stole $ 71.
好了 搜身
All right, search him.
把衣服挂栏杆上 曼尼
Put your coat on the rail, Manny.
6美元
Six dollars…
17美分
…17 cents.
还有什么东西
What else have you got?
我妻子的保险单
It’s my wife’s life insurance policy.
这是物品清单
Here’s your receipt.
你想留着就留着
You can keep the rosary beads if you wish.
来吧 曼尼
Come on, Manny.
我还没给我妻子打电♥话♥
I never called my wife.
有人打了
That’s been taken care of.
把领带给我
Give me your tie.
我们自然很担心
Well, naturally, we’ve been worried.
是的 警官
Yes, officer.
我叫康福蒂 C-O-N-F-O-R-T-I
My name is Conforti. C-O-N-F-O-R-T-I.
我是他姐夫
And I’m his brother-in-law.
我知道了
Oh, I see.
是的 警官
Yes, sir.
是的
Yes.
好的 谢谢你
All right. Thank you.
好 再见
Yeah, goodbye.
-吉恩 -等一下
-Gene? -Just a second.
我得肯定一下我听没听错
I wanna make sure I got this right.
曼尼 因为抢劫纽约联合人寿保险公♥司♥被捕了
Manny was locked up for the holdup of the Associated Life of New York.
被捕
Arrested?
我就知道是不好的事
I knew it was something like that.
他被关在第110分局
He was booked and locked up at the 110th Precinct station.
我能看他吗
Can I see him?
今晚不行 明天上午10点
Not tonight. He’s gonna be arraigned…
他要被重案法庭传讯
…at felony court at 10:00 tomorrow morning.
所以晚上要关起来
Then he has to spend the night in jail.
是的 他们就是这样对我说的
Yeah. That’s what they told me.
-重案法庭在哪 -我不知道
-Where’s felony court? -I don’t know.
-我们得找找 -曼尼怎么会出这种事
-We’ll have to find out. -How could this happen to Manny?
你没听错吧
Are you sure you heard it right?
那人说的我全记下来了
I wrote down what the man said.
他说曼尼因为抢劫而被控告
He said Manny was booked for a holdup?
是的
Yeah.
纽约联合人寿
The Associated Life of…
-你知道的 那个 -我知道是哪个办事处
-You know, the office down in… -I know what office it is.
-我不敢想象 -他们会认定他无罪的
-I can’t imagine. -They’ll find out he isn’t guilty.
谁都知道他不可能犯罪
Everybody knows he couldn’t be guilty.
-怎么会出这样的事 -肯定出什么岔子了
-How can a thing like that happen? -Something sure went wrong.
得有人替他求情
Somebody’s gotta tell them.
我们明天去
We’ll go there tomorrow.
明天
Tomorrow.
全体出来
Everybody out.
来吧 我们走
Come on, let’s go.
曼尼 走
Hello, Manny. Come along.
站到一边
Step aside.
站到麦克风前面来
Step over in front of the microphone.
爱得华·雷 11♥8♥大♥街东97号♥
Edward Ray, 97 East 118th Street.
怎么样 你要陈述吗
What about you? Do you care to tell us about this?
以前有没有被捕过
Ever been arrested before?
-有 -1942年9月8号♥
-Yep. -June 8, 1942.
因为入室行窃被第8警队的巴德侦探抓获
Arrested for burglary by Detective Bard, 8th Squad…
被判处送往州立监狱 曼哈顿的州立法♥院♥
…sentenced to state’s prison, Judge Fell, County Court Manhattan…
5到10年的劳役
…for five to 10 years.
-还在假释中 -不
-Still on parole? -No.
-站到一边 -这边 不是那边
-Step aside. -This way, not that way.
下个案子
Next case.
-皇后区1号♥ -皇后区1号♥
-Queens 1. -Queens 1.
请站到这上面来
Step up this way, please.
往前站到麦克风前
Stand in front of the microphone.
帽子摘下来
Take your hat off.
克里斯多佛·伊曼纽尔·巴勒斯彻洛
Christopher Emanuel Balestrero.
住址 402478号♥大街 杰克逊高地
Address, 402478th Street, Jackson Heights.
暴♥力♥抢劫 没有犯罪记录
Assault and robbery. Nothing on the yellow sheet.
-以前有无被捕记录 -没有
-Ever been arrested before? -No.
地区律师事务所对他的案子提出置疑
This man’s being held for questioning by the district attorney’s office.
地区律师对他的案子提出置疑 站到一边
He’s being questioned by the district attorney. Step aside.
-下个案子 -下来
-Next case. -Step down.
这边
This way.
布鲁克林4号♥
Brooklyn 4.
这边 站到麦克风前
Over here. Stand in front of the microphone.
把帽子摘下来
Take your hat off.
被指控犯有巨额盗窃罪
On a charge for grand larceny…
无罪释放
The defendant is discharged.
罗斯
Rose.
重案法庭第98号♥诉讼
Felony court docket number 98:
克里斯多佛·巴勒斯彻洛
Christopher Balestrero.
警官 举起你的右手
Officer, raise your right hand.
你宣誓你所说的话都是真的吗
Do you swear to the truth of your affidavit?
-是的 -我替被告辩护
-Yes. -I’m appearing for the defendant.
-是否会知过法庭 -是的
-Did you file a notice of appearance? -Yes, sir.
-不要宣读指控书吗 -是的
-You waive the reading of the complaint? -Yes.
-你的看法是什么 -无罪
-How do you plead? -Not guilty.
法官大人可以把这个案子推迟到2月2号♥进行听证会吗
Judge, will you put this over to February 2nd for a hearing?
好的 2月2号♥
All right, February 2nd.
保释金需要7500美元
The defendant is held in $ 7500 bail.
可不可以降低一点
Could you set the bail in a lower amount?
他从未被捕过 有妻子家庭和稳定的工作
He’s never been arrested, he’s married, has a family and has a steady job.
大人 这是武装抢劫 7500美元是
Your Honor, this is an armed robbery. That would be…
这类案子的最低数目了
…a minimum bail in a case of this type.
你的要求被驳回 律师先生
Your request is denied, counselor.
把他带下去 警官
Put him downstairs, officer.
重案法庭第98号♥诉讼
Felony court docket number 98:
山姆 楚来克斯
Sam Chulex.
警官 举起你的右手
Officer, raise your right hand.
-你发誓你所说的话都是真的吗 -是的
-Do you swear to the truth of your affidavit? -Yes.
我好象不知道发生了什么
I guess I didn’t know what happened.
你的案子被推迟到大陪审团审判了
You’re being held over for the grand jury.
保释金是7500美元
Bail’s set at 7500.
-保释金 -对
-Bail? -Yeah.
我能出去吗