-Well, there’s one thing. -Yes.
我每次晚回家的时候都要打个电♥话♥
I’ve never been late without calling…
-我总是按时回家的 -这个你不用操心
-and I’m always on time. -That’ll be taken care of.
现在我们要你做一件事
Now, there’s one thing we’d like you to do for us.
我们要你去几家商店
We’d like you to go and visit a couple of stores…
如果你不介意的话
…if you don’t mind that.
-要是有用的话我不介意 -有可能有用
-Not if it’ll help. -It might.
只是有可能 我们走吧
It just might. Let’s go.
你在斯陶克夜♥总♥会♥干什么
What do you do at the Stork Club?
在乐队演奏 我是个大提琴手
Play in the band. I’m a bass player.
你在那儿一定很爽吧
I suppose you have some pretty high old times there.
-什么意思 -美女 酒
-What do you mean? -Oh, women, drinks…
-热舞 这一类的东西 -我不喝酒
-dancing, that sort of thing. -I don’t drink.
-不喝 -当然不喝 我也不在那儿跳舞
-No? -Of course, I don’t dance at the club…
我只是在乐队里演奏
…I just play in the band.
-是那个吗 -对 就是
-Is this the one? -Yeah, this is it.
你对这一片熟悉吗
You familiar with this neighborhood?
是的 这一片我来过
Yeah. I’ve been around here.
这家商店呢
Ever been in this store?
没 酒店 没来过
No. The liquor store? No.
现在 你进去
Now, if you’ll just walk into this liquor store…
走到最里面 然后再转身出来
…walk to the back of the store, turn around and come back here.
-进去 -走进去
-In…? -Walk in…
走到商店里面 然后再出来
…walk to the back of the store, turn around and come out again.
-是不是很滑稽 -一点都不
-Won’t that look funny? -Not at all.
你在帮我们的忙
You’re just helping us out.
里面的伙计在等你呢
The fella in the store is expecting you.
什么都不用说
I don’t say anything?
你想的话可以说点什么 不过没必要
Well, you can if you want to. It isn’t necessary.
行了吗
Was that all right?
上车
Get into the car.
-去蓝尼蛋糕店 -对 去那儿
-Lenny’s? -Yeah, that’s right.
你老婆去过斯陶克夜♥总♥会♥吗
Your wife ever go to the Stork Club?

No.
我们有两个孩子 就算没有也不会去的
No, we have two children, even if we didn’t.
-就算没有也不会去 -太贵了
-Even if you didn’t? -Costs money.
什么贵 入场券
What costs so much, admission?
不是 入场不要钱
No, there’s no admission price…
但去那儿的都是有钱人
…but the people who go there are well-to-do.
穿着华贵的衣服 里面的东西也很贵
They wear expensive clothes. Everything you order is expensive.
但你有的时候很有钱
Oh, but you had lots of money at times.
不 从没
No, I never have.
我要你照刚才的再做一遍
I’d like you to do the same thing again.
-进到商店里 -对 他们在等你
-In the store? -Yeah, they’re expecting you.
走进去 例行公事而已
Just walk in. Same routine.
等一下
Wait a minute.
-你是第110分局的 -是的
-Are you from the 110th Precinct? -Yes, sir.
我能为您做点什么
Can I do anything for you?
不 不是的 警♥察♥送他来的
No, no. The police sent him over.
你认出他没
Do you recognize him?
对了 圣诞节前你不在这儿
That’s right, you weren’t here Christmas Eve.
11月份那家伙来的时候我在这儿
Well, I was here when the fella came in in November, though.
你想让他再走一遍吗
You want him to walk up and down again?
好的
Yeah.
再走一遍好吗 把帽子也摘下来
Would you do that again, walk back with your hat off?
怎么样
Well?
老天 我也不知道
Gee, I don’t know.
好了 你可以走了
Okay, you can go.
-是什么 -找您零钱了吗
-What was…? -Did you get your change?
没有
No. Say…
我回头给你打电♥话♥
I’ll give you a ring.
好的 警官
Right, sir.
好 下一个
Okay, next one.
我上次打电♥话♥到现在已经一个小时了 妈妈
It’s been over an hour since I called last time, Mother…
可他还没回来
…and he still hasn’t come home.
肯定是出了什么事
There must have been an accident.
-妈妈 爸爸 -安静
-Mother! Father! -Be quiet!
妈妈 快来
Mother, come now!
安静一点不行吗 我在打电♥话♥
Will you be quiet? I’m on the phone.
不 是孩子们
No, it’s just the boys.
是的 我打电♥话♥去医院问过
Yes, I called the hospitals…
他们说没有我说的那样长相的病人
…but they didn’t have anybody answering his description.
那可不象曼尼
Well, this is unlike Manny.
他要是晚饭的时候回不来 肯定要打电♥话♥
If he couldn’t make it home for dinner, he’d call.
我并不担心曼尼 罗斯
I wouldn’t worry about Manny, Rose.
我以前有时候也很担心
I used to worry sometimes…
只是因为他一直太准时了 所以你从没想过他会迟到
…but that’s just because he’s so steady you never expect him to be late.
我们想知道
Well, we wanna ask you…
你有没有去过在维克多莫尔大楼
…have you ever been in the offices of the Associated Life of New York…
纽约联合人寿保险公♥司♥的办公室
…in the Victor Moore Arcade building?
我今天下午去过
I was there this afternoon.
为什么去那里
Why did you go there?
我想弄清楚
I wanted to find out how much I could borrow…
我妻子的保险单可以借到多少钱
…on my wife’s insurance policy.
她看牙医可能很花钱
She’s gotta have a lot of work done on her teeth…
医生说要300美元
…and the dentist said it was gonna be $300.
我想知道我可以借到多少
I wanted to find out how much I could borrow.
你以前去过那个办公室吗
Have you ever been in that office before?
去过
Yes.
我们在那儿办了四份保险
Yes, we’ve got four policies there…
我和我妻子 还有两个儿子
…my wife and I and the two boys.
我们一人一份 那次有个罢♥工♥
We’ve each got one. There was a strike some time ago.
税收员罢♥工♥了 所以我去那付额外的税款
The collectors were on strike, and I went into the office to pay the premiums.
-那是很久以前的事了 -多久
-It was a long time ago. -How long?
差不多一年了
Oh, about a year.
你上次去是在一年以前了
It’s a year since you’ve been in that office?
-我今天下午去过 -但上次
-I was there this afternoon. -But before…
到现在有一年了 -是的
…it was a year. -That’s right.
你今天去贷款了
Today, you went to ask about a loan?
-对 -你需要钱 是吗
-Yeah. -You need money, then?
是的 我刚说过要看牙医
Yes, I told you, for the dentist.
你在斯陶克夜♥总♥会♥一周挣多少
What do you make a week at the Stork Club?
-85美元 -税后工资
-Eighty-five. -That’s the take-home pay?
-对 -你赌马
-Yes. -You play the horses?

Play?
是的 我玩过 不常玩
Well, I have, but not very often.
多久玩一次
How often?
-我只玩过三四次 -就三四次
-Three or four times. -Not more?
我不这么认为
I don’t think so.
你经常去马场
You go to the track regularly?
我和一个斯陶克夜♥总♥会♥的朋友
A friend of mine from the Stork Club goes on his day off…
在放假的时候去过几次
…l’ve been a few times with him.
你借过钱吗
You ever borrow any money?
-是的 借过 -最后一次是什么时候
-Yes, I have. -When was the last time?
去年夏天 我
Last summer, l…
我从荷姆伍德金融公♥司♥借了50块
I borrowed $50 from the Homewood Finance Company.
-我们去度假用的 -你还了吗
-We were going on a vacation. -Did you pay it back?
-还了 -是不是很不容易
-Yes. -Was it difficult to pay back?
是吧 还钱总是一件不容易的事
I guess so. It’s always hard to pay back.
你还欠多少钱
How much do you owe?
-你是说现在 -对 现在
-You mean right now? -Yeah, now.
不是太多了
Oh, there’s not much right now.
-没几张帐单了 -多少
-There’s a few bills. -How much?
-45美元 -可能是100
-Oh, $45. -Maybe 100?
-不 没那么多 -少于100
-No, it couldn’t be that much. -Less than 100?
少于50 我敢肯定
It’s less than 50, I’m sure.
有可能少于40 有可能30 我不清楚
Probably less than 40. Maybe less than 30. I don’t know.
-很难说 在我没 -在你没什么
-Hard to say when I’m not… -When you’re not what?
我被指控了还是怎么的
Am I being accused of something?
谁说我是强盗了 或者像是强盗
Who says I’m a holdup man or look like one?
你们说的强盗都是些什么啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!