It couldn’t be a very long visit.
而且我得早点走
And I’d have to leave early.
我答应了孩子们给他们上音乐课的
I promised the boys I’d give them music lessons…
在我今晚上班之前
…before I go to work tonight.
这样 我3点半到那 4点走好吗
Look, suppose I get there about 3:30 and leave about 4:00?
再见 妈妈
Goodbye, Mother.
妈妈说爸爸有点不舒服 要我下午过去一趟
Mother says Pop isn’t well. She wants me to come by this afternoon.
我先去保险公♥司♥ 然后去爸爸那儿
I’ll go by the insurance office, then drop in on Pop…
我会尽可能早点回来
and come back as soon as I can.
-你是在一月四日第一次回复的吗 -对
-Is January 4th the first date you replied? -That’s right.
-还住在634255号♥街 -是的 还在那里
-You still at 634255th Street? -Yes, we are.
好的 请您在这里签个名
All right. Will you sign right here, please?
-别的没了吗 -没了
-Is that all I have to do? -That’s all.
-再见 谢谢 -谢谢 再见
-Goodbye, then. Thank you. -Goodbye. Thanks.
可不可以帮我看一下这份保险单
I wonder if you’d look at this policy for me…
我想知道能借到多少钱
…and tell me how much we can borrow on it.
-罗斯·巴勒斯彻洛女士 -对 那是我妻子
-Rose Balestrero? -Yes. That’s my wife.
我想知道
I wonder…
我需要查一下 您可以等一会吗
Could you wait while I check on something?
好的 我等着
Yes. Yes, I’ll wait.
别一块扭头
Don’t look all at one time.
我没听明白
I didn’t hear you.
窗口边的那个男的好象是上次那个人
I think the man at the window is the one that’s been here before.
-那个 -对 我敢肯定
-The man who…? -Yeah, I’m sure of it.
詹姆士小姐
Miss James?
窗口边有个男的
There’s a man at the window…
贝姬看着他象上次抢你那个人
…and Peggy thinks that he’s the one who held you up.
他说他想知道
Says he wants to find out…
用她妻子的保险单可以借到多少钱
…how much he can get on his wife’s policy.
我不敢看
I don’t dare look.
是那个人
It is the same man.
我们怎么办
What can we do?
看看他
Look at him.
我现在不看他
I’m not looking at him now…
你看他一眼
…you look at him.
我不敢看
I don’t think I can.
等会儿我怎么对他说
What am I gonna tell him?
我不敢过去靠近他
I’m not going near that window.
就看他一下
Just look at him.
我要昏过去了
I think I’m gonna faint.
安
Ann.
是那个人
It is the same.
我就坐这儿不动
I’m gonna sit right here.
去给他讲讲
Talk to him about the policy.
给他说他很有可能得到贷款
Tell him he’ll probably get the loan…
但是他妻子得亲自来
…but his wife has to come in.
巴勒斯彻洛先生
Mr. Balestrero.
-你是巴勒斯彻洛先生吗 -是的
-You are Mr. Balestrero, of course? -Yes.
具体数目我很快就可以算出来
I can fairly quickly give you the amount that can be borrowed.
和你妻子支付的数额是相一致的
This figure corresponds with the payments your wife has made.
我刚查过了
I’ve checked the amount.
好的 我明白了
Yes, I see.
实际的贷款 当然了 需要单据持有者的签名
The actual loan, of course, has to have the signature of the policyholder.
-她得亲自来 -对
-She’d have to come in? -Yes…
你妻子得到这里来
…your wife would have to come into the office.
好的 我知道了 她可以来的
Yes, I see. She can come in.
需要多久才可以办下来
About how long would it take to make the loan?
几天时间
Oh, it’d just be a matter of days.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
很高兴能帮您
Glad to have helped you.
-他走了吗 -是的
-Is he gone? -Yeah.
-达菲德小姐在哪 -和温登先生在里面
-Where’s Miss Duffield? -In with Mr. Wendon.
正是因为这个他才没动手
There’s the reason he didn’t do anything.
他是前不久抢劫过你的那个人 是吗
That was the man that robbed you a while back, wasn’t it?
我可以肯定 该怎么办
I’m almost sure. What did you think?
-我敢肯定 -达菲德看到没
-I’m sure… -Miss Duffield see it?
-她当时也在那儿 -她
-She’s gone on in there. -She…
她说 他进来的时候显的很古怪
She said the way he entered the room was so very strange.
把手插在内衣兜里
He put his hand in his pocket…
结果拿出来一叠单据
…and all he took out was this folded paper.
他说他想用她妻子的保险单借点贷款
He said he just wanted a loan on his wife’s policy.
我来报♥警♥吧
I’ll call the home office.
您和爸爸周日能过来吗
Maybe you and Pop can come over Sunday?
我希望能 曼尼 你能老远跑回来看我们真好
I hope we can, Manny. It was good of you to come all the way out here today.
-再见 妈妈 -再见
-Ciao, Ma. -Ciao.
你们这些女士们最好待在家里
I’d appreciate it if you ladies would wait at home.
别远离电♥话♥机 几个小时后我们有可能给你们打电♥话♥
Stay near a telephone and I’ll call you within the next couple of hours.
走吧 我们去抓住他
All right, let’s pick him up.
你了解爸爸的
Well, you know Daddy.
他说了5点半 就一定会准时
He said 5:30, and he’s always on time.
妈妈 爸爸什么时候回来
Mom, what time will Dad be home?
-5点半 -谁打电♥话♥
-5:30. -Who is it?
5点左右吧
About 5:30, I think.
谁打的电♥话♥ 罗伯特
Who’s calling, Robert?
不知道是谁 他没说
It was some man. He didn’t say.
几点了
What time is it?
5点25
It’s 5:25.
走上楼梯的人可能就是他
If he walks up the steps, it’ll probably be him.
该怎么叫他
What do you suppose they call him for short?
他的名字是克里斯多佛 就叫克里斯吧
Well, his first name’s Christopher. Probably Chris.
克里斯
Hey, Chris.
你叫克里斯
Your name Chris?
-你在叫我 -你是不是叫
-You calling me? -Is your name…
-克里斯多佛·伊曼纽尔·巴勒斯彻洛 -对 是的
-Christopher Emanuel Balestrero? -Yes, it is.
我们是警♥察♥ 需要和你谈谈
We wanna talk. We’re police officers.
-什么事 -我们去分局讲讲清楚吧
-What about? -Come to the precinct and help us out.
我刚到家啊
I’m just getting home.
我想告诉我妻子一声
I’d like to tell my wife where I’m going.
你最好马上跟我们走 回头再给她说
Oh, you’d better come along and tell her later.
-去哪 -第110分局
-Where is it? -110th Precinct.
-要多久 -不会太久的
-Won’t take long? -Shouldn’t take long.
我想告诉我妻子一声
I’d like to tell my wife.
没什么 克里斯 只是例行的询问
It’s all right, Chris. Just a routine matter.
到了分局我们再给你说
Come down to the precinct, we’ll tell you about it.
在一个酒店外面逮住了这家伙
Found this man outside a liquor store.
看见他拿东西不给钱
Saw this man take this without paying for it.
坐下 克里斯
Sit down, Chris.
-这儿 -好的
-Here? -Fine.
那么
Now…
当然了 你很想知道为什么被带到这里来
…of course you’re wondering why you’re here,
巴勒斯彻洛先生
Mr. Balestrero.
-是的 当然了 -我来告诉你一切吧
-Yes, I am. -I’ll tell you the whole thing.
在这个地区发生了数起抢劫案
There’s been a number of holdups in this area…
是同一个男性嫌疑人所为
…all pulled off by one man.
受害者们主动来描绘他的长相
People have come forward with descriptions of the man.
我们注意到你很像他
It’s been brought to our attention that you fit the description.
-我很像 -对
-I fit the description? -That’s right.
-一个抢劫犯 -对
-Of the holdup man? -Yep.
这真是疯了 太荒谬了
Well, it’s crazy. That’s crazy.
听你的口气 好象我们犯了个大错误
Sure. From what you say, this whole thing’s a big mistake.
你们为什么弄我到这儿
Why are you keeping me?
我们得按照程序办事 你也明白
Everything has to be done according with certain procedure, you see.
人们举报 我们就调查
People bring accusations. All right, we look into the matter.
-看看是不是属实 -我是完全清白的
-See if there’s anything to it. -I’m completely innocent.
我们不可能信这句话的 你明白
We can’t take anybody’s word for that, you know.
我们需要证明你是清白的 你才能走
We have to clear you before you can go.
-怎么证明 -纯粹的例行公事
-How do you clear me? -It’s purely a routine matter.
可是我告诉你
But I’ll tell you something.
清白的人是不需要害怕的
It’s nothing for an innocent man to worry about.
干了坏事的人心里才会发虚
It’s the fella that’s done something wrong that has to worry.
-那么 有一点 -对