你在做什么?
What are you doing?
你好,儿子。 我只是在除草。
Hello, son. I’m just getting rid of the grass.
伯特,他妈的 你这次要去吗?
Burt, what the hell are you doing this time?
哦,就像你说的乔治 我要除草了。。。
Oh, like you said George I’m getting rid of the grass…
做一个好邻居 在我明天离开之前。
being a good neighbour before I leave tomorrow.
汤姆,汤姆! 快回来!
Tom, Tom! Get back inside now!
现在!
Now!
老实说,伯特!
Honestly, Burt!
-他们在这里干什么? -可能是火,伯特。
– What are they doing here? – It might be the fire, Burt.
对,轮胎先进。
Right, the tyre goes in first.
就这样。
That’s it.
就这样,杰夫。你明白了。
That’s it, Jeff. You’ve got it.
这个放在这里。
This goes in here.
药片。。。
Pills…
执照,护照。
license, passport.
好吧,让我想想, 我什么都有了?
Right, let’s see, I’ve got everything?
眼镜,睾丸, 手表和钱包。
Spectacles, testicles, watch and wallet.
你在笑什么?
What are you laughing at?
我在路上。
I’m on my way.
-爸爸叫我们叫对方付费。 -什么?
– Dad says to call us collect. – What?
爸爸叫我们叫对方付费。
Dad says to call us collect.
-他真好。 -告诉我们你过得怎么样。
– That’s nice of him. – Tell us how you get on.
谢谢您。
Thank you.
那是我们的电♥话♥号♥码。
That’s our phone number.
-你认为你会打破记录吗? -希望如此。
– Do you think you’ll break the record? – Well, I hope so.
爸爸不认为 你能做到的。
Dad doesn’t think you can do it.
他是这么说的吗?
Is that what he said?
他说每个人都这么想。
He said everyone thinks that.
好。。。
Well…
除了我。
Except me.
你是个好孩子,汤姆。
You’re a good boy, Tom.
我会告诉你的,孩子。
I’ll tell you something, son.
如果你不坚持 梦想,你还不如做个植物人。
If you don’t follow through on your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable.
什么蔬菜?
What type of vegetable?
我不知道。。。
I don’t know…
卷心菜。
a cabbage.
是啊。。。
Yeah…
卷心菜。
a cabbage.
给你。 别丢了,好吗?
There you are. Don’t lose it, will you?
-我保证我会照顾它的。 -是的。
– I promise I’ll look after it. – Right.
所以要注意这个地方 对我来说不是吗,汤姆。
So keep an eye on the place for me won’t you, Tom.
还有。。。
And…
别忘了 喂家禽。
don’t forget to feed the fowls.
-那是我的工作。 -是的。
– That’s my job. – Yeah.
还有。。。
And…
你可以给 把鸡蛋给妈妈。。。
you can give the eggs to Mum and…
还有什么?
what else is there?
哦,是的。。。
Oh, yes…
你可以在我的柠檬树上撒尿 我不在的时候,如果你愿意的话。
you can pee on my lemon tree for me if you like, while I’m away.
没什么不对的 在柠檬树上撒尿。。。
And there’s nothing wrong with peeing on your lemon tree…
孔子常说,这是最好的 世界天然肥料。
as Confucius used to say, it’s the best natural fertilizer in the world.
-孔子是谁? -他是个住在达尼丁的家伙。
– Who’s Confucius? – He’s some bloke who lives up in Dunedin.
谢谢你们的帮助,伙计们。
Thanks for you help, chaps.
-祝你好运,伯特。 -谢谢,杰夫。
– Good luck, Burt. – Thanks, Jeff.
-你带他们去美国看看。 -我会的。
– You show them over there in the States. – I will.
别紧张,伯特。
Take it easy, Burt.
这不算什么 我正计划这么做,乔治。
That’s not one of the things I’m planning on doing, George.
再见,亲爱的。
Cheerio, love.
祝你好运。
Good luck.
再见,我的朋友。
Cheerio, my friend.
如果你想去的时候不去 当你真的走了,你会发现你已经走了。
If you don’t go when you wanna go when you do go, you’ll find you’re gone.
-再见。 -再见,伯特。
– I’ll see ya. – See ya, Burt.
再见,伯特。
Bye, Burt.
-祝你好运。 -干杯。
– Good luck. – Cheerio.
再见,伯特。
See ya, Burt.
看那个!
Look at that!
好吧,弗兰, 我终于上路了。
Well, Fran, I’m finally on my way.
我又想了些 俱乐部的人。。。
I thought some more of the blokes from the club…
会掉下来的 来送我。
would have dropped by to see me off.
嗯,他们可能 今天上班。
Well, they probably had to work today.
是啊。是的,没错。
Yeah. Yeah, that’s right.
是的,小汤姆告诉我。。。
Yeah, young Tom tells me…
没人会想到 我能做到。
that no one thinks I can do it.
-你认为我能做到吗,弗兰? -我不知道,伯特。
– Do you think I can do it, Fran? – I don’t know, Burt.
我觉得这不重要 不管怎样。
I don’t think it really matters one way or the other.
你知道,我读过一次书, 几年前。
You know, I read something once, years ago.
我把它背下来了。
I learnt it off by heart.
是西奥多?罗斯福 说出来了。。。
It was Theodore Roosevelt said it…
不是的 重要的评论家。。。
it’s not the critic that counts…
不是那个指出 坚强的人是如何跌跌撞撞的。。。
not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles…
或是行为人 本来可以做得更好的。
or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
功劳属于这个人 谁在竞技场上。
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.
把窗户摇下来! 向下。
Wind your window down! Down.
什么?
What?
一些啤酒钱。
Some beer money.
-什么? -一些啤酒钱。
– What? – Some beer money.
我不喝酒。
I don’t drink.
祝你好运。
Good luck.
-你做得很好。 -谢谢,伙计。
– You go well. – Thanks, mate.
你给他们看猕猴桃会飞。
You show ’em Kiwis can fly.
是的,我会带你回来的 自♥由♥女神像。
Yeah, I’ll bring you back the Statue of Liberty.
对你很好,伙计, 谢谢。
Good on you mate, thanks a lot.
嘿,别太快!
Hey, not so fast!
胆小鬼!
Crikey!
别紧张,伙计!
Take it easy, mate!
我以为已经过去了。
I thought it was a goner.
最好走吧。
Better get going.
是的,好吧。。。
Yeah, alright…
照顾好那辆老爷车, 你不会吗?
take care of the old jalopy, won’t you?
-你自己照顾自己。 -我会的。
– You look after yourself. – I will.
你有药了 什么都有,对吧?
You’ve got your pills and everything, right?
是啊,是啊,就像下雨一样。
Yeah, yeah, right as rain.
-你一块回来。 -我会的,再见。
– You come back in one piece. – I will, cheerio.
船长呢?
Where’s the Captain?
在下面。
Down below.
-在舷梯那边。 -谢谢。
– Down the gangway there. – Thanks.
我们到了。
There we are.
我在找船长。
I’m looking for the Captain.
那是我。
That’s me.
我叫伯特.蒙罗。
My name’s Burt Munro.
我应该去工作 我去洛杉矶的路。
I’m supposed to do a job to work my passage to Los Angeles.
-是啊,我希望你能做饭。 -厨师?
– Yeah, well, I hope you can cook. – Cook?
-我试试看。 -厨房♥在那儿。
– I’ll give it a go. – There’s the galley.
胆小鬼!
Crikey!
谁洗碗,伙计?
Who does the dishes, mate?
你。
You.
闻起来不错。
Smells good.
你有什么 今天给我们的,伯特?
What do you have for us today, Burt?
好猕猴桃塔克。
It’s good Kiwi tucker.
别让伯特看见你 这样做。
Don’t let Burt see you doing that.
在这里,不要破坏它 加了那么多酱汁。
Here, don’t spoil it with all that sauce.
-对不起,伯特。 -用石头砸死乌鸦!
– Sorry, Burt. – Stone the crows!
你要看吗 电影,伯特?
Are you going to watch the movie, Burt?
-那是什么? -你要去看电影吗?
– What’s that? – Are you going to watch the movie?
-它叫什么? -障碍物断了。
– What’s it called? – Broken Barrier.
-应该不错。 -简?拉塞尔在里面吗?
– It’s supposed to be good. – Is Jane Russell in it?
有一个空位 在这里,伯特。
There’s a spare seat over here, Burt.
抽烟?
Smoke?
-不,不是为了我,伙计。 -你不抽烟吗?
– No. Not for me, mate. – You don’t smoke Burt?
不,我没有 所以人们对我说。。。
No, I don’t and that’s why people say to me…