必须在离开这里之前 邻居们发现了我。
Got to get out of here before the neighbours spot me.
伯特,这味道有点怪。
Burt, this tastes a bit odd.
金属的!
Metallic!
你是我的阳光 我唯一的阳光
You are my sunshine My only sunshine
哦,该死的!
Oh, crikey!
什么?
What?
我胸口疼。
I’ve got a pain in my chest.
他在小屋里,快点。
He’s in the shed, hurry.
妈妈,爸爸, 伯特出事了。
Mum, Dad, something’s happened to Burt.
伯特,你怎么了?
Burt, what’s wrong with you?
我会没事的汤米, 别担心我。
I’ll be alright Tommy, don’t worry about me.
-你确定吗? -是的。
– Are you sure? – Yeah.
你们都在看什么? 肮脏的老人也需要爱。
What are you all staring at? Dirty old men need love too.
-蒙罗先生。 -你好。
– Mr. Munro. – Hello.
怎么回事,医生?
So, what’s the story, Doc?
-对不起,这不是好消息。 -哦,是的。好吧,开火吧。
– I’m sorry, it’s not good news. – Oh, yeah. Well, fire away.
你得了心绞痛。
You’ve had an attack of angina.
你有动脉硬化症。
You have arterial sclerosis.
那是什么?
And what’s that?
缩小了 来自心脏的动脉。
It’s a narrowing of the arteries from the heart.
哦,亲爱的。
Oh, dear.
是的,恐怕没有太多 在你这个年纪我们可以帮你。。。
Yeah, I’m afraid there’s not too much we can do for you at your age…
除了建议你 别紧张。
other than suggesting you take it easy.
如果你再遇上袭击, 把一个放在你的舌头下面。。。
Look if you have another attack, pop one of these under your tongue…
让它溶解 然后咽下唾液。
let it dissolve and then swallow the saliva.
疼痛应该消失了 三十秒后。
The pain should be gone in thirty seconds.
-是的,这些东西叫什么? -三硝酸盐药丸。
– Yeah, what do you call these things? – Trinitrate pills.
嗯,更有名的是硝基甘油。
Um better known as nitro glycerine.
-你用它来炸东西。 -是的,但数量要少得多。
– The stuff you blow things up with. – Yes, but in much smaller quantities.
好吧。
Alright.
这会不会影响 我骑自行车?
Will this have any affect on me riding my bike?
不幸的是,我认为你 骑摩托车的日子结束了。
Unfortunately, I think your motorcycling days are over.
就像地狱一样。
Like hell they are.
不会太久的。
It won’t be much longer.
斯普林菲尔德。
Springfield.
斯普林菲尔德。 印第安人就是从那里来的。
Springfield. That’s where the Indians come from.
-印第安人? -是的,印第安人。。。
– Indians? – Yeah, the Indians…
从斯普林菲尔德, 马萨诸塞州。
from Springfield, Massachusetts.
世界上最伟大的 摩托车。
The world’s greatest motorcycle.
-是这样吗? -没错。
– Is that so? – That’s right.
-你现在可以过去了。 -好的,谢谢。
– You can come through now. – Alright, thank you.
是的,斯普林菲尔德。
Yeah, Springfield.
这个计划是给我的 开车去蒂玛鲁。。。
The plan is for me to drive up to Timaru and…
我和我的自行车。。。 会搭船去美国的。。。
there me and my bike… will catch a boat to the US of A to…
洛杉矶, 船在星期六离开。
Los Angeles, and the boat leaves on Saturday.
我要买♥♥辆车 在洛杉矶。。。
And I’ll buy a car in Los Angeles…
开车去犹他州, 去博纳维尔盐滩。
and drive up to Utah, to the Bonneville Salt Flats.
-你这次旅行真的很重要吗? -当然是伙计,你知道的。
– It’s really important you do this trip? – Sure is mate, you know.
从我小时候起 对快速发展的事物感兴趣。。。
Ever since I was a lad I’ve been interested in things that go fast…
你知道的 滚过去然后。。。
you know things that roll and go and…
在博纳维尔,事情进展很快。 是。。。
at Bonneville things go real fast. It’s…
这个巨大的干涸的湖床。。。
this giant dried up lake bed…
它能跑好几英里 迈尔斯和它的死平面。。。
and it goes for miles and miles and it’s dead flat…
你可以开一辆车 尽可能快,而且。。。
and you can drive a vehicle just as fast as it will go and it’s…
……少数几个地方之一 在地球上。。。
…one of the few places on earth…
在那里你可以发现 你的机器能。
where you can find out just what your machine is capable of.
事实上我在这,那是我在 新西兰摩托车手的前面。
In fact here I’m on the, that’s me on the front of the New Zealand Motorcyclist.
那里是印第安人。
That’s the Indian there.
-非常好! -是的,几年前。
– Very good! – Yeah, a few years ago.
所以我最好马上离开。。。
So I’d best be off soon…
因为我不知道还要多久 你看,我得活着。
because I don’t know how much longer I’ve got to live you see.
是的,我不认为 我听到了最后一句话。
Yes, I don’t think I heard that last statement.
我说我不知道 我还要活多久。
I said I don’t know how much longer I’ve got to live.
我第一次听到你说话。
I heard you the first time.
所以。。。告诉我,伯特。
So… tell me, Burt.
你提供什么 作为这笔贷款的抵押品?
What are you offering as collateral for this loan?
好吧,我的工具,我的碎片,我的 奖杯和很多类似的东西。
Well, my tools, my bits and pieces, my trophies and a lot of things like this.
我不认为他们会 银行很感兴趣。。。
Well, I don’t think they’d be of much interest to the bank…
我想我们应该找 更实质的东西。
I think we’d be looking for something more substantial.
像契约一样的东西 你的财产所有权。
Something like the deed of title to your property.
-你拿到钱了吗? -是的,我星期四下班。
– Did you get the money? – Yep, I’m off on Thursday.
星期四?很快? 我希望我也能来。
Thursday? That soon? I wish I could come too.
哦,也许下次吧。
Oh, maybe next time.
托马斯。晚饭时间到了。 现在回家吧。
Thomas. It’s dinner time. Come home now.
-快结束了,杰克逊夫人。 -是的,妈妈,我们快结束了。
– Nearly finished, Mrs. Jackson. – Yeah, Mum, we’re almost finished.
晚饭后见,伯特。
See you after dinner, Burt.
好吧,小伙子。
Alright, lad.
嘿,别这么快。
Hey, not so fast.
我是破纪录者。
I’m the record breaker.
你要去哪里?
Where are you going?
这就是。。。
And that’s the…
在我把。。。 你知道,上面的流线型。
before I put the… you know, the streamliner on it.
那是什么?
What’s that one?
那是我的女朋友 当我第一次买♥♥自行车的时候。
That’s a girlfriend of mine when I first bought the bike.
那是很久以前的事了。
It was a long time ago that was.
你不怕会杀人吗 如果你撞车了你自己?
Aren’t you scared you’ll kill yourself if you crash?
不。。。
No…
你。。。
you…
五分钟内多活 在这样的自行车上。。。
live more in five minutes on a bike like this…
比某些人更直率 活一辈子。
going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.
还有。。。
And…
是的,五分钟后再来。 那是我爸爸。
yeah, more in five minutes. That’s my Dad there.
还有我妈妈。
And my mum.
他们都走了。
They’re all gone.
天哪,它跑得太快了!
God, it’s gone by so fast!
你知道的, 危险是生活的调味品。。。
You know, danger is the spice of life…
你得冒点险 你又不是吗,儿子?
and you’ve got to take a risk every now and again haven’t you, son?
你知道的 什么让生活有价值。
You know that’s what makes life worthwhile.
你知道的, 有好女人在身边。。。
And you know, having some nice ladies around…
…能帮上大忙,注意。
…can be a big help, mind you.
-你真的不害怕吗? -不,不。
– You really don’t get scared? – No, no.
你知道的。。。
You know…
我小时候 关于你的年龄。。。
when I was a boy about your age…
我有一个双胞胎弟弟 他叫厄尼。。。
I had a little twin brother whose name was Ernie…
有一天我们爸爸出去了 砍倒一棵树的背。。。
and one day our Dad was out the back cutting down a tree…
还有。。。
and…
突然它挂了起来,树 也就是说,它卡在什么东西上。。。
suddenly it got hung up, the tree that is, it got stuck on something and…
厄尼去帮忙了。 突然那棵树。。。
Ernie went to go and help. All of a sudden the tree…
滑倒在他身上 把他打死了。
slipped and fell on him and killed him stone dead.
我一直记得。
I always remember that.
不管怎样,从那以后我一直在努力 从不害怕任何事。
Anyway, since then I’ve always tried never to be scared of anything.
尽管我之前必须说。。。
Although I must say before…
我参加了一个大型自行车比赛 有时候会紧张,你知道。。。
a big bike event I do sometimes get nervous, you know…
如果蝴蝶 我肚子里有奶牛。。。
if the butterflies in my stomach were cows…
我就能开始了 奶牛场。
I’d be able to start a dairy farm.
真有趣。
That’s funny.
当他们送你上救护车的时候 去医院。怎么搞的?
When they took you off in the ambulance to the hospital. What happened?
我不知道,只是碰一下 我想是消化不良。
I don’t know, just a touch of indigestion I think.
是的,就这样。什么都没有 我错了,别担心我。
Yeah, that’s all it was. There’s nothing wrong with me, don’t you worry about me.
在我这个年纪。。。
And anyway at my age…
地面上的任何一天 垂直方向是个好天气。
any day above ground and vertical is a good day.
听着,你小心点 直到我回来好吗?
Listen, you take care of this until I get back alright?
-如果你不回来怎么办? -那我们就谈谈吧。
– What happens if you don’t come back? – We’ll talk about that then shan’t we.
-嘿,伯特? -是的。
– Hey, Burt? – Yeah.
别忘了 帮你修剪草坪好吗?
Don’t forget to mow your lawns will you?
-什么? -别忘了修剪草坪。
– What? – Don’t forget to mow your lawns.
我爸爸一直在说。
My Dad goes on and on about it.
是的,是吗?
He does, does he?
他说这会降低财产 邻里的价值观。
He says it lowers the property values of the neighbourhood.
哦,天哪, 我们不能那样做,是吗?
Well, oh dear, we can’t have that can we?