这就是那个地方 发生大事的地方。
This is the place where big things happen.
你知道吗,拉斯蒂,最快的 有没有人上岸过这里?
Do you realize, Rusty, the fastest man has ever gone on land is here?
就在这里,我们现在的位置。
Right here, where we are now.
马尔科姆?坎贝尔在这里做的, 和一只蓝知更鸟。
Malcolm Campbell did it here, with a Bluebird.
第一个去的人 每小时超过300英里。。。
First guy to go over 300 mile an hour…
后来他的儿子唐纳德?坎贝尔 和普罗特斯在一起。
and then later his son, Donald Campbell was here with Proteus.
他以每小时350英里的速度坠毁 活着就是为了讲故事。
He crashed at 350 mile an hour and lived to tell the tale.
约翰?科布在这里。
John Cobb was here.
第一个人 时速超过400英里。
First guy to go over 400 mile an hour.
所有伟大的尝试。
All the great attempts.
乔治?伊斯顿和霹雳。。。
George Easton with Thunderbolt and…
米奇?汤普森 和挑战者。
Mickey Thompson with Challenger.
我告诉你,鲁斯蒂, 这里是圣地,伙计。
I’m telling you, Rusty, this place is holy ground, mate.
圣地。
Holy ground.
我在这里成功了。
And I made it here.
好吧,伯特。
Well, Burt.
万分感谢。
Thanks a million.
我会找你的 在记录簿里。
I’ll be looking for you in the record books.
你在越南要小心, 不是吗?
You take care out there in Vietnam, won’t you?
我会努力的。
I’ll be trying.
-好的,伙计。 -安全驾驶。
– Okay, mate. – Drive safe.
-再见 -再见。
– See ya – See ya.
上帝啊。
God.
上帝啊。
Jesus.
-吉迪。 -嘿,在那儿。
– Gidday. – Hey, there.
-今天会是个好日子。 -是的。
– It’s going to be a great day. – Yeah.
仍然。。。没有风。
Still… no wind.
跑步的好天气。
Lovely day for a run.
盐的形状很好。
Salt’s in good shape.
是啊。结实干燥。
Yeah. Firm and dry.
一无所获。没有软补丁。
Dead flat. No soft patches.
不像海滩。
Not like the beach.
我可以在这里做。
I can do it here.
是的。
Yep.
本周。 这就是我们来这里的目的。
This week. It’s what we’re here for.
哇,那是你的吗?
Wow, is that yours?
是的。
Yep.
天哪,她是个美人。
Gosh, she’s a beauty.
我打赌她跑得很快。
I bet she goes fast.
-那是你的? -是的,那是个老印第安人。
– That yours? – Yeah, that’s an old Indian.
我的名字波特蒙罗
My name’s Munro, Burt Munro.
-从下面,新西兰。 -离家很远。
– From down under, New Zealand. – A long way from home.
吉姆.莫法特,圣何塞, 加利福尼亚。
Jim Moffatt, San Jose, California.
-很高兴见到你,伯特。 -很高兴见到你,吉姆。
– Nice to meet you, Burt. – Good to meet you, Jim.
让我们开始吧。
Let’s get to the start line.
比赛就要开始了 所有的赛车手都很兴奋。
The race is about to start and all the racers are excited.
这辆车是吉姆?莫法特开的, 圣若泽,加利福尼亚。
This car is driven by Jim Moffatt, San Jose, California.
其他飞行员是。。。
The other pilots are…
-来吧,伙计们,15分钟。 -来吧。
– Come on, guys, 15 minutes. – Come on.
来吧,我们走吧。
Come on, let’s go.
-早上好。 -你好,伯特.蒙罗。
– Morning. – Hello, Burt Munro.
-迈克。 -嗨,迈克。
– Mike. – Hi, Mike.
-你登记入住了吗? -不,还没有。
– Are you checked in? – No, not yet.
好吧,你得把外壳取下来 在我们做技术检查之前。
Well, you’ve got to remove the shell before we do the tech inspection.
-我在哪里办理登机手续? -就在那边。
– Where do I check in? – It’s just over there.
-谢谢,伙计们。 -好吧。
– Thanks, fellas. – Okay.
我得看看这个。
I gotta see this.
你好,我是来办理登机手续的。 蒙罗,伯特蒙罗。
Hello, I’ve come to check in. Munro, Burt Munro.
注册号♥?
Registration number?
什么?
What?
注册号♥。 我在这里看不到你的电♥话♥号♥码。
Registration number. I don’t see your number here.
不,是35号♥。
No, it’s number 35.
它在我摩托车的侧面 在那边,那是我的幸运号♥码。
It’s on the side of my motorcycle over there, that’s my lucky number.
你登记了吗?
Have you registered?
不,那是什么 我是来找你的。
No, that’s what I’ve come over for.
这两个家伙派我来的, 迈克和其他人。
These two blokes sent me over here, Mike and someone else.
先生,登记结束了 上个月。
Sir, registration closed last month.
如果您还没有注册, 对不起,你不能跑。
If you haven’t registered, I’m sorry, you just can’t run.
我不能跑?
I can’t run?
我怎么知道 我应该预先登记的?
Well, how was I supposed to know I should have pre-registered?
我已经走了很长一段路了 骑我的自行车。
I’ve come a heck of a long way to ride my bike.
我哪儿也不去 直到我做到了。
I’m not going anywhere until I’ve done just that.
我从新西兰远道而来, 你知道的。这是一段很长的路。
I’ve come all the way from New Zealand, you know. It’s a long way.
听着,先生, 我们不制定规则。
Look, mister, we don’t make the rules.
像这样的事情不会发生 一天之内,规则就是规则。
An event like this doesn’t just happen in one day, rules are rules.
参赛作品于7月31日截止。
Entries closed July 31st.
好吧,克里基,我住在因弗卡吉尔, 它绕着血淋淋的地球转了一半。
Well, crikey, I live in Invercargill, it’s half way round the bloody earth.
我怎么知道这些事的? 我不知道这些。
How was I supposed to know these things? I didn’t know all this stuff.
先生,这不是我们的问题。
Sir, it’s not our problem.
我想我可以来这里 给我的自行车计时。
I thought I could just turn up here and have my bike timed.
-您不必叫我先生。。。 -你想错了。
– You don’t have to call me sir… – Well, you thought wrong.
吉姆?莫法特!
Jim Moffatt!
Its伯特,伯特芒罗。 你能过来吗,伙计?
It’s Burt, Burt Munro. Can you come over here, mate?
我马上回来。
I’ll be right back.
我需要一点帮助。
I need a bit of help.
嘿,伯特。什么事?
Hey, Burt. What’s up?
我让这些家伙告诉你 我我不会骑自行车。。。
Well, I have these blokes telling me I can’t run my bike…
因为我没有预先登记。
because I’m not pre-registered.
-你没有注册? -不,我什么都不知道。
– You didn’t register? – No, I didn’t know anything about it.
你知道吉姆是怎么回事, 规则就是规则。
You know how it is Jim, rules are rules.
-你几个月前就该注册了。 -我不知道。
– You should have registered months ago. – I didn’t know.
稍后我会和这些人谈谈, 看看我能不能改变他们的想法。
I’ll have a talk with these guys later, see if I can change their minds.
-你的血值得一瓶。 -我不知道。
– Your blood’s worth bottling. – I don’t know about that.
听着, 我们可以稍后再谈。
Look, we can talk about this later.
也许你可以放了他 通过技术检查。
Maybe you can let him go through tech inspection.
别挡道了? 以防我们让他骑。
Get that out of the way? Just in case we can let him ride.
你要求太多了。
You’re asking a lot.
好吧。
Alright.
-好吧。 -好吧。
– Okay. – Alright.
-让我骄傲。 -非常感谢。
– Make me proud. – Thanks a lot.
你给我一点 害怕的样子。
You give me a bit of a fright there.
你知道这些唐人街看起来 比如高速轮胎。
You know these don’t look like high speed tyres.
嗯,它们是高速轮胎。
Well, they are high speed tyres.
看看这些细线裂缝, 这些轮胎一定有25年的历史了。
Look at these hairline cracks, these tyres have got to be 25 years old.
-胎面怎么了? -什么?
– What happened to the tread? – What?
我说, 胎面怎么了?
I said, what happened to the tread?
好吧,我把它切断了, 这就是胎面发生的情况。。。
Well, I cut it off, that’s what happened to the tread…
我用雕刻刀把它切掉了。。。
I cut it off with a carving knife…
否则就不会 一个高速轮胎,好吗?
otherwise it wouldn’t be a high speed tyre, would it?
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
你得保持体重 否则当你高速行驶时。。。
Well, you’ve got to keep the weight in otherwise when you get to a high speed…
离心力会 踏脚就好了,不是吗?
the centrifugal force will the tread right off, wouldn’t it?
我用65磅的空气 那个轮胎每小时行驶300英里是安全的。
I run them on 65 pounds of air and that tyre’s safe up to 300 miles an hour.
我保证。这些都很高 加速轮胎是我做的。
I guarantee it. These are high speed tyres and I made them.
好吧,你会 以取代它们。
Well, you’re going to have to replace them.
这里的暂停是 一片落叶。。。
The suspension here is a leaf spring…
我是说我们能通过吗?
I mean can we pass that?
天哪,摩托车上的最后一个钢板弹簧 一定是在20世纪20年代。
Geez, last leaf spring on a motorcycle must have been in the 1920s.
嗯,它已经42岁了。
Well, it is 42 years old.
-这些刹车看起来完全不够。 -好吧,我打算去,而不是停下来。
– These brakes look completely inadequate. – Well, I’m planning on going, not stopping.
嗯,刹车是旧的 40年前的风格。
Well, the brakes were old fashioned 40 years ago.
这是门柱的铰链吗?
Is this a hinge of a gate post?
不,那是一扇旧厨房♥的门。
No, that’s from an old kitchen door.
让我问你这是什么?
Let me just ask you what is this?
它是一个软木塞,看起来像什么? 它是从白兰地瓶子里取出来的软木塞。
It’s a cork, what does it look like? It’s a cork from a brandy bottle.
你知道,事情就是这样 体重。体重越轻,跑得越快。
You know, the thing is it’s all about weight. The less weight, the faster you go.
你的降落伞在哪里?
And where’s your chute?
-什么? -你的降落伞在哪里?
– What? – Where’s your parachute?
我不打算救援。
I’m not planning on bailing out.
不,等等, 你必须有一个安全滑槽。
No wait, you’ve got to have a safety chute.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!