Do you suppose she’s sick? – Maybe.
你又打她了?
You hit her again?
我从一开始就不曾打过她 你知道她住在哪里吗?
I didn’t hit her in the first place. You know where she lives?
没有人知道 苏丝从不告诉别人她住在哪里
Nobody know. Suzie always keep where she live a secret.
何美尼 –哈罗,劳勃
Oh, minni ho. – Hello, Robert.
对不起,我帮你换到钱了
Excuse me. I got the money for you.
你换到了多少?劳勃
Oh, how much you get, Robert?
兑换汇率算来…73块港币
Rate of exchange was 73 Hong Kong dollars.
谢谢你,劳勃 –不客气
Oh, thank you, Robert. – You’re welcome.
苏丝
Suzie!
别打了
你这是在干什么?
What are you doing?
放开我
你是怎么了?我看见你给她钱
What’s the matter with you? – You give her money.
我才一晚不在 你就已另结了新欢
I not show one night, you got new girlfriend.
苏丝,那是她的钱 我到银行去帮她换的
Suzie, that was her money. I changed it for her at the bank.
何美尼,我有打伤你吗?你算是什么朋友?苏丝黄
Oh, minni ho, I hurt you? – Some friend, Suzie wong!
看!你害我伤害了我的朋友
You see? You make me hurt my friend.
是我害你的?
I made you hurt your friend?
你昨天到哪里去了?我等了你一整天
Where were you yesterday? I waited all day.
算命的告诉我 昨天是个不吉利的日子 所以我待在家里
Fortune teller told me yesterday unlucky day, so I stay home.
不晓得我会不会是第一个谋杀模特儿的画家?来吧!
I’ll be the first artist to murder his model. Come on.
老实招来 你昨天是赌气不来是吧?
Now, admit it. You were just sulking yesterday.
我不明白你的意思 你清楚的很!哈罗?
I not know what you mean. – You know what I mean. Hello?
等一下,你在做什么? –找发夹
Wait a minute. What are you doing? – Looking for hairpins.
哈罗?
Hello?
她就在这里
Right here.
什么事?
Yes?
是吗?
Oh, yes?
请叫他上来
Send him up, please.
叫谁上来? –班
Send who up? – Ben.
他那天午饭后开车带我去兜风
He take me for drive after lunch other day.
那个班,人蛮不错的
He’s very nice, that Ben.
你和那个高傲的凯又做了什么?到这个地方来…聊天?
What you and that stuck-up Kay do? Come here and talk?
她想帮助我
She’s trying to help me.
寄一些我的画到伦敦去给画商看
Sent some of my paintings to a London art dealer.
她自己为何不买♥♥几张呢?
Why she not buy some herself?
我不是靠别人的同情心过活
I’m not depending on charity.
劳勃,你为什么不让我
Robert…
当你的永久女友?
Why not let me be your permanent girlfriend?
别再说了,苏丝 我们已经讨论过此事了
Oh, stop it, Suzie. We’ve been all through that.
我并非有意要伤害你的感情
I don’t mean to hurt your feelings.
但我过去也曾有过女人 这给我带来烦恼
But I’ve had my share of women and all the trouble that goes with it.
我是来这里画画 我不想再被牵连进这种事里
I came here to paint. I don’t want to get involved.
你还不到廿岁 我都已经快40岁了
You’re not even 20. I’m pushing 40.
这都不是理由啊!劳勃
That not good reason, Robert.
好吧!我承认我无法接受你的生活方式
All right, I can’t accept your way of life.
我无法忍♥受 你只能在不“上班”时才能给我你的爱
I can’t have you give me love on the days you’re free!
–你要我怎么办?我一定得挣钱啊!劳勃
What I do then? Must have money, Robert.
香港到处都是在找工作的人
Hong Kong full of people looking for work.
如果我挨饿,在街上要饭 你就会高兴了?
If I get hungry and beg on street, this will make you happy?
你知道你每次离开这房♥间后 我都有什么感受吗?
How do you think I’d feel every time you’d leave this room?
进来
Come in.
哈罗,罗麦仕 –哈罗
Hello, Lomax. – Hello.
我有打扰到你们吗? –不,不 我们刚刚只是在讨论一些
Am I interrupting something? – Oh, no. We were just discussing
关于道德上的问题
the ethnic concepts of morality.
那可真有趣
Well, that’s very interesting.
你有什么事?我只是在想…不知道我…
What you want? – Well, I was wondering if I could…
是否可以和你谈谈
Well, talk to you.
好吧,你想谈,我们就谈
Ok. You want to talk, we talk.
我不会打扰到你们吧?别客气,进来吧!
I hope I’m not trespassing, old man. – Don’t mind me. Come in.
–你看吧!劳勃并不介意我们在这里谈
You see? Robert not mind what we talk.
是这样的…这是私人的事
Yes, but this is rather personal.
苏丝不过是我的模特儿罢了 我是个很好的模特儿
Suzie is just my model. That’s all. – I very good model.
但酬劳不怎么高就是了
But wages not too good.
我…我告诉你好了 我已经和我老婆分居了
I might as well tell you that I’ve split with my wife.
我不是那种能够忍♥受寂寞的男人
I’m not the kind of man who can endure being alone.
我需要有个女人在我身边作伴
I need female companionship.
我有个朋友 曾与一个你的姊妹淘有过美满的协定
I have a friend with a rather happy arrangement with one of you girls.
而他们两人的结局也十分完美
It’s worked out very well for both of them.
不知道我们两人是否也能在这样的基础上结合?
I was wondering if we couldn’t get together on the same sort of basis too.
你认为这是个好主意吗?劳勃
You think it’s a good idea, Robert?
什么? –我来当班的永久女朋友
What? – To be Ben’s permanent girlfriend?
你爱做什么是你的事
You do what you want.
我要一个有颗宽厚的心的好男人
What I want is good man with big heart,
他会说“苏丝,你是个好女孩!我最喜欢好女孩”
who say, “Suzie, you’re nice girl, and I love nice girl.”
我想我永远找不到这样的男人了 你说呢?劳勃
But I guess maybe I never find such man. Will I, Robert?
我已经告诉过你了
I’ve already told you.
我会对你很好的,苏丝 你要什么我都会给你
I’ll try and be good to you, Suzie. You won’t find me ungenerous.
如果我答应你 你会让我继续替劳勃摆姿势吗?
You still let me pose for Robert if I say yes?
当然可以了 我们都是君子,我信得过他
Oh, of course, yes. Yes, we’re both gentlemen. I trust him.
我不要你信任他 我要你信任我啊!
I not want you to trust him. I want you to trust me.
我可不是随随便便的阻街女郎 如果当你的女朋友 我就不会再和别的男人出去
I not dirty street-girl. If I your regular girlfriend, I never go with another man.
这个我知道
No. Of course not, no.
你想我和班在一起会好吗?劳勃
You think Ben’ll be good for me, Robert?
你若想“交易” 全香港有的是地方可去
Look, you’ve got the whole city of Hong Kong to make deals in.
干什么跑到我的房♥间来找女人?
Why use my room for your pickups?
抱歉,兄弟 是你自己说没有关系
I’m sorry, old man, you said it didn’t make any difference.
是没有关系
It’s dosn’t-
既然你不要我,我就跟着班走了
Well, if you don’t want me now, I go with Ben.
我不要你
I don’t want you.
我替你感到遗憾,劳勃
I feel very sorry for you, Robert.
你不是个有气度的人,你是小人
You not big man. You little man.
小人有颗狭窄的心
And little man have little heart.
就这样了
That’s that.
早!罗勃,你今天起得真早
Good morning, Robert. You up very early.
要不就是你今天起得特别晚 抱歉,我不能停下来和你说话
Either that, or you’re up very late. – Excuse me if I not stop.
我今天早上看起来像条丑龙
I look like ugly dragon this morning.
我的天,没想到我会在此见到你
Well, for goodness’ sake! Not expect to find you here.
我来找李冠黎 看她要不要一起上街买♥♥东西
Just come by to see if gwenny Lee would like to go shopping.
她在楼上
She’s upstairs.
班今天到澳门去谈生意了 我没事干
Ben go to Macao on business today. Nothing for me to do.
如果你要的话我可以为你摆姿势 谢了,我有自己的计划
If you like, I pose for you. – Thanks, I have plans.
你知道吗?班说要带我一起回英国去呢!
Guess what? Ben say he’ll take me to england.
他是这么说的?他迷我迷得要死
He did, huh? – He’s crazy about me.
我不管要求什么,他都会照办 他还想娶我呢!
He’ll do anything I ask. Wants to marry me.
那他为何还不娶你?
Then why doesn’t he?
是他那个神气的婆娘 她找他的麻烦
It’s that stuck-up wife. She make trouble for him.
我恨死她了 你根本就还不认识她呢!
I just hate her. – You don’t even know her.
他会和她离婚
But he’s gonna get divorce.
我可不会如此肯定
I wouldn’t count on that.
–他会的
Well, he is.
他对我可真好 我这辈子里还不曾遇到过任何人对我有这么好
He’s so good to me. I never had anyone so good to me before.
他带我到那些大百货公♥司♥去 对店员说…
He take me into big store, and he say to clerk,
“这位苏丝黄小姐 不管她要什么,都算在我的帐上”
“this little lady miss Suzie wong. You let her charge anything she want.”
你说这是不是很不错?
Now, what you think of that, for goodness’ sake?
看来你已经得到你想要的一切 你应该很快乐了
You seem to have all you need. You should be very happy.
你为什么恨我?
Why you hate me?
我为什么要恨你?
Why should I hate you?
我不知道
I not know.
但我可以从你的眼神里看出来 你恨我!
But I see it in your eyes. You hate me.
听着 如果你坐在这里和我聊一整天
Look, if you sit here and chat with me all day,
你就不会有足够的时间来花班的钱
you’ll have little time to spend Ben’s money.
失陪了
Excuse me.
劳勃,已经很晚了,我得走了
Robert, it’s getting awfully late. I really must go.
抱歉,凯 我画得太专注,把时间都忘了
I’m sorry, Kay, I became so involved I forgot.
我的脖子恐怕再也无法摆正了 来吧!这样说不定会有所帮助
I’ll never straighten my neck again. – Here, maybe this’ll take the kinks out.
你是个有耐性的模特儿
You’ve been very patient.
这感觉真好
That’s divine.
今晚的夜色将很不错 要不要来我家吃晚饭?我们可以在阳台上用餐
It’ll be a lovely night. Like to come to dinner? We could eat on the terrace.
有今天早上才运到的澳洲牡蛎
Australian oysters flown in this morning.
可以,几点钟?七点钟左右如何?