说的也是
Yes.-
你看,你把我害得好惨
Now see the trouble you caused me already?
你不妨等一下 在你等的时候可顺便为我摆姿势
You might as well wait a bit, and while you wait you might as well pose.
她们是不会知道发生什么事
They’ll never know the difference.
好吧!我就替你摆姿势
Ok, I pose for you.
很好,过来这边
Good. Right over here.
脱掉衣服?
Take clothes off?
不,我不曾画过裸体画
No, I’ve never tried nudes.
正好可以试试看啊!
Good time to try.
我对你那可爱的高颊骨较有兴趣
I’m much more interested in those lovely high cheekbones of yours.
你喜欢看骨头?
You like bones?
–我喜欢看你的 腿举起来
I like yours. Legs up.
我的天
For goodness’ sake.
这样可以吗?
Th is ok?
你想不想知道这首歌♥在说什么?
You want to know what song say?
说吧但别动
Yes, but don’t move.
这故事是在讲一朵男孩云
Well, it’s about a boy cloud
它爱上了一朵女孩云
who falls in love with a girl cloud.
但那女孩云说 “你不好
But the girl cloud say, “you no good.
你没有一颗好的心
“You not got good heart.
走开”
“Go away.”
于是那男孩云就非常伤心
So the boy cloud feel very sad,
它开始哭了起来
and he start to cry.
它的泪就化成了雨水
And his tears make rain
这就是下雨的由来
because that’s all rain is.
–苏丝
Suzie.
雨儿落了下来
And the rain fell down,
然后万物就开始生长
and then everything started to grow
到处一片翠绿,也有了食物
and is green, and there is food
所有人都非常高兴
and everybody’s happy.
于是那女孩云就对男孩云说
So the girl cloud tell the boy cloud,
“你做了好事,有颗善良的心”
“you did good thing. You got good heart.”
于是最后他们就结婚了 从此快乐地下雨?
So in the end, they get married. – And rain happily ever after.
你不相信?
You not believe?
这是首迷人的歌♥ 你也唱得好听极了
It was a charming song, and you sang it beautifully.
画好了? –不,还早呢
Is finished? – Oh, no, a long way to go.
要不要看一下?
Want to take a look?
我很喜欢,但她一点也不像我
I like it very much, but not look like me.
这是你在我眼中的模样
It’s what I think you look like.
而这就是画家和照相机不同之处
That’s the difference between an artist and a camera.
画家总是想做更深入的观察
An artist always tries to look deeper.
你知道吗?劳勃
You know, Robert,
中国人相信如果你给某人照了相
Chinese people believe if you have picture of a person,
那人从此就无法摆脱你了
person never free of you.
别担心,苏丝 我想你的灵魂可不是那么容易就能被照相机捕捉
Don’t worry, Suzie, I don’t think your soul is that easy to capture on canvas.
苏丝
Suzie!
我的天!你是怎么找到我的?
For goodness’ sake, how you find me?
我敲了每间的门… 你朋友吗?-
I knocked on every door… – A friend?
我把他留在酒吧里
I left him in the bar-
他喝太多了
Drink too much.
真谢谢你了,班
Oh, thank you, Ben.
我叫罗麦仕
My name’s Lomax.
–你好
How do you do?
对不起…
Excuse me…
我饿了,你要不要去吃晚饭?那么班要怎么办?
Well, I’m starved. You wanna have some dinner?
这很简单
That’s very simple.
阿东
Ah tong,
有个人在我的房♥间里
there’s a man in my room.
晚安,先生 –晚安
Good evening, sir.
你有订位吗?
Reservation? – Mr. Drake.
我是卓克先生 –是的
Oh, yes.
这可是个相当高级的地方
This very fancy, stuck-up place.
你有钱吗?有,另外还有一封介绍信
You got money? – And a letter of introduction.
晚安,我是罗麦仕先生 你有订位吗?
Good evening. I’m Mr. Lomax. – Reservation?
没有,但我有封欧尼尔先生的信
No, but I have a letter from Mr. O’Neill.
对了,欧尼尔先生有提到此事
Oh, yes, Mr. O’Neill mentioned it.
21号♥桌
Table 21.
–谢谢
Thank you.
劳勃,介绍信是什么?
Robert, what is letter of introduction?
这可说是某种特权
Oh, it’s sort of a welcome.
可以让我去一些我不熟的地方
Gets me into places where I’m not known.
信上都写些什么?
What this letter say?
它上面说“敬启者”
It says, “to whom it may concern.”
你只要把信拿出来就行了?
You just show letter?
是的
That’s all.
–我的天
For goodness’ sake.
要不要先来杯饭前酒?先生 好的…苏丝?
Would you care for a drink first, sir? – Yes. Suzie?
我要这个
I’ll take this.
雪莉鸡尾酒 –雪莉鸡尾酒?
Sherry flip. – Sherry flip.
来两杯好了
Make’t two-
你可以顺便帮我们点菜
You might as well take our order now.
你想吃什么?
What would you like?
可以给我这个吗?
You bring me this, please.
–醋汁
Vinaigrette.
醋汁?小姐,加在什么上面?
Vinaigrette, miss. What with?
这样就够了
Nothing.
我不很饿
I not very hungry.
来两份 这是沙拉的调味酱啊!先生
Make it two. – It’s a salad dressing, sir.
通常都是随着沙拉上来
Usually served with a salad.
我们知道,但我们只要这个
We know. We like it plain.
苏丝,来点比目鱼粉饼和煮芹菜如何?
Suzie, how about some sole meuniére and braised celery?
如果你要的话 –来两份!
If you want. – For two.
你喜欢喝雪莉鸡尾酒?
So you like Sherry flips, huh?
我在家经常喝雪莉鸡尾酒
I always have Sherry flip at home.
你也知道,我父亲是很有钱
My father very rich, you know.
告诉我… 你为何要编出那些故事来骗我?
Tell me, why do you make up all that nonsense?
我喜欢假装自己是个重要人物
It makes me feel good to pretend I’m somebody important.
我去搭渡轮,我会说
I ride on ferry, and I say,
我,王蜜玲… 是个好女孩,有个富有的父亲
“I mee ling wong, nice girl with rich father.”
我不期望你能体会这种心情
But I not expect you to understand.
你从不必像我一样做这卑贱工作
You never have to do dirty job like me.
我知道这是个不顶新鲜的笨问题
I suppose it’s the usual stupid question,
但…你为何要做这种工作?我还能做什么?
but why do you? – What else I do?
香港到处都有人在挨饿
Hong Kong full of hungry people.
没有人要雇用我 我也不曾学会读书写字
No one hire me. Never learn how to read or write,
我连中文也不会念
even in Chinese.
所以我点菜时才会用指的
That’s why I point to menu.
我不想害你在高傲的侍者面前丢脸
Not want you to lose face in front of stuck-up waiter.
你不会读书写字?
You can’t read or write?
–没人教过我
No one ever teach me.
当我十岁时,我的老姑姑带我去住在我的老叔叔家
When I was ten years old, old aunt take me to old uncle to live.
他说:我叫你做什么你就做什么 我很害怕
He say, “you do everything I ask.” I very scared.
我一直哭 但他不为所动
I cry, but he not care.
后来他就把我赶出去
Then he throw me out.
不适合当个中国太太 什么也不适合
Not good for Chinese wife anymore. Not good for anything.
你想一个十岁的中国女孩 还能做什么?
What you think ignorant ten-year-old Chinese girl will do?
对不起,我不该问这些问题
I’m sorry I asked.
但我可不是个堕落的阻街女郎
But I not dirty street-girl.
在我的内心里,我还是善良的
Inside, I still good.
两位要的雪莉鸡尾酒
Your Sherry flips.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你想不想跳舞?
Would you rather dance?
哈罗,罗麦仕先生
Hello, Mr. Lomax.
看来你已经接受了我的建议
I see you’ve taken my suggestion.
你好,先生
Oh, good evening, sir.
先画这个城市(花天酒地)?是的…
Painting the town first? – Yes.
这是苏丝黄小姐 这位是欧尼尔先生
Oh, miss Suzie wong, this is Mr. O’Neill
还有他的女儿凯欧尼尔小姐
and his daughter, miss Kay O’Neill.
哈罗
Hello.
看来你已经很快就适应这地方了
You seem to manage very well on your own.