Glad you haven’t lost your purse. “You want me call officer?
我是处♥女♥,我以此为荣 我们到达香港了,免谈
“I virgin. I proud. We on Hong Kong side now. No talk.”
看来我是真的骗过你了
I sure fooled you.
我真的让你相信我是个有钱人家的好女孩
I made you believe I nice rich girl.
为什么? –我喜欢这样
Why? I like.-
你想找个女朋友吗?
You looking for girlfriend?
我听说你租了个房♥间 打算住一个月
I hear you rent room for whole month.
要不要我当你固定的女朋友?
You want me to be your regular girlfriend?
这倒不错,但我出不起钱
I like, but can’t afford.
那太可惜了 我可是个相当受欢迎的女孩
Too bad, because I very popular.
大家都说:我的天!苏丝在哪里
Everybody say, “where is Suzie, for goodness’ sake?”
你真的不要我当你永久的女朋友
You sure you not want me for permanent girlfriend?
我会试着抗拒这诱惑
I’ll fight it for a while.
你失望了 因我不是渡轮上的那个高傲女孩
You sorry because I’m not that stuck-up girl on ferry boat.
一个月在香港,可是一段长时间
Month a long time in Hong Kong.
我可以等,你总会耐不住寂寞
I wait. You’ll get lonely.
罗麦仕先生来了
Mr. Lomax.
罗麦仕先生
Mr. Lomax.
–你好,先生 幸会
How do you do? – Nice to meet you.
我在收到那封由你过去的合伙人
I’ve been expecting you since I got that letter
所写来的介绍信之后 就一直在等你来
from your former associates. When did you arrive?
什么时候到的?请坐吧! –谢谢 我昨天刚到
Well, sit down, won’t you? – Oh, thank you. Just yesterday.
我想在过来找你之前先安顿下来
I wanted to get settled.
这信上说你想尝试当个画家?
I gather from this letter you want to become an artist.
我倒不知道该如何协助你
I don’t know how I can help you.
我自己也不知道,先生
Well, neither do I, sir.
我看你不像个画家 倒像个积极进取的年轻商人
You look more like an aggressive businessman than an artist.
问题就在此 我这辈子大多数时间都是以建筑师为业
That’s the trouble. I’ve been an architect most of my life,
但这一直无法满足我
but it never satisfied me.
我始终想当个画家 于是我决定休息一年
I’ve always wanted to paint, so I decided to take a year off
看看我在这方面是否有天份 似乎是个相当冒险的决定
and see if I could. – Seems a drastic step.
没错!
Yes, it is.
我打算在此开个户头
I’m going to open an account here
存入应该够我用上一年的钱
which should take care of my expenses for about a year.
在这一年里,我将看看我是否可以靠这行来维生
During that time, I intend to find out whether I can make a living.
如果不行的话 我就只好再回去当个制图员了
If not, I’ll go back to being a draftsman.
很好
Fair enough.
我可以给你写几封介绍信
I’ll give you letters of introduction
此外我还会送你一张我那个俱乐部的贵宾卡 那真太好了
and a guest card to my club. – That’s very kind of you.
来,亲爱的 我要念几封介绍信给你写
Come in, darling. I want to dictate a couple of letters.
好,亲爱的
All right, dear.
罗麦仕先生 在你尚未做结论前我得先告诉你
Mr. Lomax, before we jump to any conclusions,
我的秘书是我的女儿
my secretary is also my daughter.
凯,这是罗麦仕先生 –哈罗
Kay, Mr. Lomax. – Hello.
他打算在此地待一年,画画
He’s over here for a year, painting.
他才刚到 –欢迎你来到香港
Just arrived. – Welcome.
谢谢 –你找到住处了吗?
Thank you. – Have you found somewhere to stay?
我…找到了一间旅馆
I stumbled onto a hotel.
那地方还舒适吗?
Is it comfortable?
它很…方便
It’s… convenient.
如果你不介意稍等一下的话 我要写几封你可能会用得上的介绍信
If you don’t mind waiting, I’ll dictate letters that might come in handy.
–谢谢你
Thank you.
“敬启者…”
To whom it may concern.
你准备好了吗?亲爱的
Whenever you’re ready, dear.
是的“我在此向你介绍 劳勃罗麦仕先生”
Oh, yes. – This is to introduce Robert Lomax.
要不要我坐下来陪你?
You like me to sit with you?
当然,请坐!这是我的荣幸
Yes, yes, why not? Yes, please sit down. I’d be delighted.
你叫什么名字?班
What’s your name? – Ben.
就是班杰明的昵称
It’s short for Benjamin, you know.
我老婆叫我班吉,她讨厌我
My wife calls me benjie for spite.
你喜欢我吗?
You like me?
我喜欢你吗?我当然喜欢你了
Like you? Oh, yes, of course I like you.
是的,我倾慕你
Yes, I adore you.
我可以请问你的芳名吗?
Might I ask your name, please?
苏丝 –苏丝?这可真是个美丽的名字
I’m Suzie. – Suzie. That’s a very pretty name.
苏丝,一个亮丽,响亮的名字
That is a scintillating sound. It buzzes. Suzie.
你这个人真好 –谢谢你 你要喝什么?
You’re very nice. – Oh, thank you. What will you have?
什么?再说一次
What was that again?
原来如此 再给我来杯双份的好吗?
Oh, I see. Well, may I have another double?
我在家时贝西都不让我喝双份
Betsy won’t let me drink doubles at home.
现在我被她逼到这地方来喝酒 若给她看见的话…
She should see where it’s driven me to now. It might give her…
她必定要大吃一惊,你说是不是
Rather a shock, mightn’t it?
罗勃
Robert.-
哈罗,冠黎 真高兴你回来了
Hello, gwenny. – So glad you come along.
你带我进酒吧好吗?
You take me in bar, please?
你一个人不能进去?香港法律禁止女人单独进入酒吧
Well, can’t you go in by yourself? – Against law to go in bar alone.
你的男朋友呢? –回他的船上了
Oh. Where’s your boyfriend? – Gone back to ship.
既然是这样,跟我一起来吧!多谢你了
Well, in that case, care to join me? – Oh, thank you very much.
现在一切都已合法了 谢谢你,罗勃 不客气!
Everything very legal now. Thank you, Robert.
请给我麦酒
Beer, please.
你一天到晚打毛线难道不厌倦吗
Don’t you get tired of knitting all the time?
才不呢!我将来要开一家编织店
Oh, no. Someday I open knitting shop.
我不要待在这里,这地方不好
I not stay here. Not good.
我只需要赚够钱
All I need is enough money.
所有人都需要足够的钱
All anybody needs is enough money.
需要我帮你打什么吗?罗勃
Anything I can do for you, Robert?
是的,帮我打一双袜子好了 没问题
Yes. Knit me a pair of socks. – Will do.
希望你能相信我…
I hope you’ll believe me when I tell you
我以前从不曾做过这种事 我结婚12年了,不曾出轨过
I’ve never done this sort of thing. I’ve been faithfully married 12 years.
你说这是不是很不简单?
Isn’t that extraordinary?
你和别人并没有什么不同 大多数来这里的男人都结过婚
You’re not different. Most men here married.
来这里的男人♥大♥多结过婚的?不介意我们跳支舞吧?兄弟
Most of the fellows here married? – Mind if we dance?
我不跳舞,好意心领了
I don’t dance. Thank you just the same.
我是指和苏丝
I mean Suzie.
当然可以…去吧!
Well, I mean, yes, of course. Well, run along, run along then.
别走开,班 –我会在这里等你
Don’t go away, Ben. – No, no, I’ll be here waiting for you.
阿东
Ah tong?
–什么事?罗麦仕先生
Yes, Mr. Lomax.
马上过去,罗麦仕先生
Right away, Mr. Lomax.
阿宾
叫苏丝黄来,罗麦仕先生找她
快点
太好了!
我跟你说,劳勃找苏丝去他那呢
真的,太好了
劳勃找苏丝去呢! –真的!
快点去告诉她
班 –苏丝,恭喜你…
Ben…
劳勃找你去他那里呢!快点去!
你们别骗我
不!是真的,刚刚叫阿宾来传话
快点去吧!他可是个帅哥呢!
你好运当道了,苏丝
我的天…
For goodness’ sake.
班! 别管他了! 快去找劳勃
Ben…
进来
Come in.
你找我?
You want me?
没错
That’s right.
我很高兴
I very glad.
你为什么要找我?
Why you ask for me?
我认为你是全香港最漂亮的女孩
Well, you’re easily the prettiest girl in Hong Kong.
你认为如此?
You think so?-
我第一眼见到你时 就已经这么认定了
I thought so from the first moment I saw you.
我无法付给你太多钱
I can’t pay you much,
但… 我想找你来替我摆姿势
but I’d like to have you pose for me.
摆姿势?这是什么意思?
Pose? What you mean, pose?
你只要坐着让我给你画画就行了
Oh, just sit while I sketch you.
坐着,如此而已!
Just sit? That’s all?
直到你累了为止
Until you get tired.
不,很抱歉,我要走了
No. Sorry, I go now.
等一下,我说过我会付钱给你
Now, wait a minute. I said I’d pay you.
那并不重要,这会让我没面子
That’s not important. I lose face.
那些女孩们会说 “我的天!
My friends will say, “for goodness’ sake,
你到一个男人房♥里去 就只在那里坐?”
“you go to gentleman’s room and sit?”
我的天!她们会说 “你已经不再有魅力了,苏丝”
“Well, for goodness’ sake,” they’ll say, “you’re slipping.”
不!我要走 –如果你现在回去
No, I go. – If you go back now,
她们还不是会有同样的想法?
they’ll say you’re slipping anyhow, won’t they?