Now, let’s see, what is that? That’s…
一个月才50块美金
Fifty dollars a month.
好,我要先看一下房♥间
All right, I’ll take a look at it.
谢谢你,先生,谢谢
Thank you, sir. Thank you.
我给你这个旅馆最好的房♥间
I give you best room in the hotel.
你要在这里住一个月?可能 –你请
You want to stay for a whole month? – Maybe.
非常好的套房♥ 全旅馆最好的房♥间
Very nice room. Best room in the hotel.
非常好的床 干净的床单
Very nice bed. Clean sheets.
所有的东西都是…怎么说呢?第一流
Everything… how you say? First class.
你还有私人的阳台可使用
You can use private balcony.
凉爽的微风,充足的热水
Very cool breeze. Plenty hot water.
楼下酒吧供应麦酒,没有蚊子 非常安静
Beer in the bar, no mosquitoes. Very quiet.
还有电♥话♥ 按键一按,服务生就来
Telephone. Push button for boy.
毛巾供应充足,还有挂衣架
Plenty towels. Coat hangers.
免费的清洁剂 屋顶上还有绝佳的风景
Free soap. And very nice view on roof.
是啊!屋顶… 是的,屋顶,你还喜欢吧?
Oh, roof. Good. – On roof, yes. You like?
是的,这地方很适合我的工作 我…我是画画的
Yes, this is perfect for my work. I… well, I paint.
原来是这样…我现在明白了
Understand now.
你明白什么? –没什么,先生
Understand what? – Nothing, sir. Nothing.
我叫阿东 你可不可以纠正我错误的英语?
My name ah tong. You please correct my bad English.
没什么好纠正的
There’s nothing to correct.
–谢谢你,先生 你刚刚说要250块?
Thank you, sir. – You said that was 250…
不,是270块 270?
Two hundred and seventy dollar. – Seventy.
好吧!我就要这个房♥间 谢谢你,先生,你真是太好了
Ok, I’ll take it. – Thank you. You’re very kind.
一个要住一个月的画家…
Artist for whole month.
一整个月!
Whole month.
对不起,何美尼在吗?
Oh, excuse me. Is minni h0 in here?
我想你找错房♥间了 –抱歉
I’m afraid you’ve got the wrong room. – Sorry.
对不起…何美尼在吗?
Oh, excuse me, is minni ho in here?
恐怕你是找错房♥间了
Afraid you’ve got the wrong room.
是啊,我看也是
Yeah, that’s for sure.
来吧!强尼,抱紧我
Come on, darling. You hold on to me.
你现在要去哪里?
Hey. Where you going now?
我把我的手表留在我房♥间的桌上
I left my watch on the table in my room.
我陪你去,顺便帮你给它上发条
I go with you and help you wind it.
好女孩
Good girl.
对不起,我看今天八成是海军节
Oh, sorry. It must be Navy day.
在南阁大酒店每天都是海军节
Always is at the nam kok, mate.
来吧!何美尼 –你就是何美尼?
Come on, minni ho. – Oh, you’re minni ho.
你认识我?
You know me?
不,我听过你的名字
No. I’ve heard of you.
你都还满意吧?罗麦仕先生
You satisfied, Mr. Lomax?
我还不确定
I’m not sure.
我现在确定了 这可是个非常正派的旅馆
I’m sure. – This very respectable hotel.
不是个妓院 妓院在香港是违法的
Not brothel. Brothel illegal in Hong Kong.
我们可是非常守法的
Obey law here.
只租♥房♥♥间
Only rent rooms.
那间酒吧不是我开的
This bar not belong to me.
我想你得在这边画一条界线
I suppose you have to draw the line somewhere.
我想那界线就在这里吧?
And the line, I guess, is right here.
要什么?先生 –麦酒
Yes, sir? – A beer, please.
你在这里玩得还愉快吧?
Did you enjoy yourself here?-
你会再来吗?
Will you come again?-
一块两角
A dollar twenty, please.
–谢谢 –谢谢
Thank you. – Thank you.
你在画我的朋友温丝黛芦?
You draw my friend, Wednesday lu.
你一定就是那个要在这里住一个月的画家了?
You must be artist who rent room for whole month.
没想到这消息传得可真快
Well, I didn’t mean to start a scandal.
请坐 –谢谢你
Won’t you sit down? – Oh, thank you.
我叫李冠黎 –我叫劳勃罗麦仕
My name is gwenny Lee. – I’m Robert Lomax.
哈罗,罗勃
Hello, Robert.
–是劳勃 是的,罗勃
Robert. – Yes, Robert.
要不要喝点什么? –不,谢谢你
Would you like a drink? – No, thank you.
不,请别画我,我太瘦了
Oh, please not draw me. I’m too skinny.
所以我才要穿长袖衣服来遮盖住我细瘦的双手
That’s why I wear long sleeves, to hide skinny arms.
也有许多男人喜欢瘦女孩啊
A lot of men like thin girls.
不,我的外表引不起男人的兴趣
No, I have no sex appeal.
我相信你一定有优点
Oh, I’m sure you have.
我如果拿掉眼镜会比较好看
It’s better if I take my glasses off.
但这一来我走路时会撞到别人
Only then, I bump into people.
这一来说不定也有好处啊!
That might have advantages.
我和我朋友恰克就是这样认识
That’s how I met my friend, Chuck.
你喜欢这名字吗?“恰克”
You like that name? Chuck?
这是个…响亮的名字
It’s good and sturdy.
他走后写了一封很美的信给我
I had a nice letter from him when he went away.
你要不要看?我想这恐怕不太好吧?
Would you like to read it? – I don’t think I should.
那我念给你听好了
I read it, then.
“亲爱的冠黎
“Dear gwenny.
请不要吓死了
“Well, don’t die of shock.
我想你在这么久之后收到这封信 一定相当吃惊
“I expect you will, to get a letter after all this time.
不论如何,我要你知道
“Anyhow, I want you to know
我还记得你,而且常常想到你
“I remember you and think about you a lot.
我能遇到一个像你这样的女孩 可真幸运
“I sure was lucky meeting a girl like you,
因为,冠黎…
“because, well, gwenny,
你真是一个非常棒的女孩
“you really are a swell girl.
所以,请你别吓死了”
“So don’t die of shock.”
然后他签上他的名字,“恰克”
And then he signs his name. “Chuck.”
他是受过良好教育
He’s very well-educated.
而且显然是对你很忠心
And obviously devoted.
这证明你对男人是有吸引力
Now, that proves you have sex appeal.
或许吧!你知道,他也是戴眼镜
Maybe. You see, he wore glasses too.
失陪一下
Excuse me a moment.
哈罗,蜜玲
Hello, mee ling.
你在跟我说话?
You speak to me?
你不记得了?我们今天早上在九龙渡轮上见过
Don’t you remember, kowloon ferry this morning?
我想你是认错人了 我从不搭渡轮
I think you make mistake. I never ride ferry.
我是不可能认错人
I couldn’t have.
当我画下一张脸后 我就会牢牢记住那张脸
When I draw a face, I remember it.
看来确实非常像你!
Sure looks like you.
我的天!对美国人来说 中国人都是一个样子
To Americans, all Chinese look alike, for goodness’ sake.
那不是我
That’s not me.
我叫苏丝黄 我过去从不曾见过你
My name Suzie wong. I never see you before.
请别来烦我们好吗?
Leave us alone, please.
免谈,是吧?
No talk, huh?
–你说什么?
What you say?
没什么
Oh, nothing.
抱歉
Sorry.
你看到那个坐在吧台旁的女孩 那个穿红衣服的?
You see the girl sitting there at the bar, with the red dress?
是啊!她是苏丝黄 她是我最好的朋友
Yes, Suzie wong. She my best friend.
她是这酒吧里最受欢迎的女孩
Most popular girl in bar.
她就有吸引男人的外表
She got sex appeal.
好,但是否曾有人叫她蜜玲?
Yes. Well, is she ever called mee ling?
没有,大家都叫她苏丝
No. Everybody call Suzie “Suzie”.
看来她有一个连她自己也不晓得的姊妹
She’s got a sister she doesn’t know about.
我来了,宝贝
I’m here, doll.
–哈罗,欧提斯
Oh, hello, Otis.
这位是欧提斯 我给你介绍我这位朋友,罗勃
This is Otis. Meet my friend, Robert.
她说你叫什么? –劳勃罗麦仕
What was the name? – Bob Lomax.
幸会 这样吧!我要走了,这里让你坐
Pleased to make your acquaintance. – Why don’t you sit?
谢谢你 –再见,冠黎
Thank you. – Goodbye.
谢谢你,罗勃 –多谢了
Thank you. – Thank you very much.
这个人可真好
What a nice fellow.
抱歉我来迟了…
I’m sorry I’m late, but I got stuck in a ricksha down the road.
你干什么看着那幅画?她是你的女朋友?
Why you look at picture? She your girlfriend?
不是,但我很想再见到她
No, someone I’d like to find again.
为什么?你为她着迷?
Why? You crazy mad for her?
她是个天真无邪的好女孩
She was clear, sweet and innocent.
那不可能是我 我是在湾仔区讨生活的女孩
That’s not me. I’m just wan chai girl.
你倒是说说看 你在渡轮上遇见的那好女孩可能会到这种地方来吗?
What a nice girl you meet on ferry doing in a place like this I like to know.
说的也是
So would I.
很高兴见到你这回没又遗失皮包 你要我叫警♥察♥来吗?