It makes me nervous. I never know where you are.
我到庙里去拜拜啊
Well, I go to temple to pray.
这不好吗? –不,这很好
This bad? – No, that’s good.
听着,你坐在这里 我有东西要给你
Now, look. You sit here. I’ve got something for you.
–是什么?你别问
What? – Never mind.
劳勃,这好漂亮
Oh, Robert, so beautiful.
你在哪里找到的?一家很高级的商店
Where do you find? – Very stuck-up shop.
还有别的呢!劳勃,你快拿回去退,这太贵了
And that’s not all. – You take back. Cost plenty dollar.
是很贵,但你将让我扬名立万
Plenty, but you’re gonna make me famous.
那家店的老板 以他祖母的名誉起誓
Now, the man swore on his grandmother’s honor
保证这衣服曾经被一位皇后穿过
that these had been worn by an empress.
你疯了,劳勃 我马上把它拿去退钱
You’re crazy, Robert. Oh, I take back right away.
不,你马上把它穿上
No, put on right away.
现在又怎么了?
Now what’s the matter?
你去抽根烟,我来把这衣服换上
You smoke cigarette. I put on dress.
别让我等太久!
Don’t keep me waiting too long!-
你这坏蛋
Oh, you.
孩子们,快点进来啊!
快点,外面下起雨来了 你可以进来了
Hey, hurry up. It’s raining. – You can come in now.
皇后会这么做吗?
Would an empress do that?
不…
No.
只有在恋爱中的湾仔女孩才会
Only wan chai girl in love.
对接吻来说有点不方便
A little hazardous for kissing.
你将头摆向一边,我摆向另一边
Well, you tilt head to one side, and I tilt head to other.
中国人可真聪明 现在我摆向另一边
Clever, these Chinese. – Now I tilt to other side.
对不起,我吵醒了你
Hi. – Sorry, I wake you.
再睡一会吧!我很快就回来
Go back to sleep. I’ll be back soon.
你要去哪里? –去看何美尼
Where you going? – To visit minni ho.
何美尼昨天到澳门去了 你少骗我
Oh, come on, now. Minni ho went to Macao yesterday. Don’t lie to me.
我为何要骗你?我只想出去散步
Why I lie? Just go for walk, Robert.
但你要去哪里?有大半的时间我都不知道你在哪
But where you going? Half the time I don’t know where you are.
我…我很快就会回来
Well, I’ll be back soon.
既然这样,我和你一起去好了 不行
In that case, I’m going with you. – No.
–苏丝
Suzie.
苏丝,我知道你在里面
Suzie, I know you’re in there.
这是我的孩子
Is my baby.
你的?
Yours?
–我的孩子需要我 我每天都会来看他
My baby need me. I see him every day.
你为什么不早告诉我?
Why didn’t you tell me?
我怕…怕你会嫌带个孩子的女人
I was afraid. Afraid you not want girl with baby.
我怕警♥察♥会把我的孩子抢走
Afraid police take my baby away.
警♥察♥?
Pohce?
他的父亲是个大人物 在政♥府♥里工作
Father very important man. Work for government.
但他不要这个孩子 他对警♥察♥说我勒索他
But he not want baby. He say to police I blackmail him.
我不明白为什么 但没有人能抢走我的孩子
I not understand, but nobody take my baby away.
我把他藏在奶妈这里
I hide him with amah.
别逼我放弃这孩子,劳勃
You not make me give baby up, Robert?
我不想离开你,劳勃
I not want to leave you, Robert.
拜托你打我一顿好吗?
You beat me up, please?
你们想给我们照张相吗?不,我只是在欣赏这漂亮的孩子
You wanna take our picture? – Oh, no, I was just admiring the baby.
他叫什么名字? –温斯顿
What’s his name? – Winston.
温斯顿? 是的,是以温斯顿邱吉尔命名
Winston? – He’s named after Winston Churchill.
是你的孩子?
Yours?
–百分之百是!
All mine. – Wow.
抱歉我让你等这么久
Sorry I so long.
我看你也该好了
It’s about time.
你好不好啊? –多谢关心
劳勃,等一下,今天是几号♥?
Robert, wait. What is today?
一号♥,礼拜二,不是吗?第三次满月后的第二天…
Tuesday the first, isn’t it? – Second day of third moon.
我得去找人算命
I must have my fortune told.
能不能帮我算命? –先坐下来吧
你说他会给人算命?他是个很有智慧的西♥藏♥高僧呢!
You mean he tells fortunes? – He very wise old Tibetan monk.
他是在做什么? 给你算命还是洗头发?
What will he do? Tell your fortune or give you a shampoo?
他要摸摸看我的头盖骨 是否有新隆起来的地方
He wants to feel if I have any new bumps.
如果找到的话 告诉他可不是我打你所造成的
Well, if he finds any, will you tell him I didn’t put them there?
他说我是个很幸运的女孩
Oh, he say I very lucky girl.
他说我将来会到美国去 原来是个开旅行社的
He say I go to america. – Oh, a travel agent, huh?
他说我在那里将很快乐 而且长命百岁
He say I be very happy there and live long life.
他说我在那场雨之后就会到美国去
He say I make trip to america straight after rains.
他也会预测气象?
He forecasts the weather too?
他是指那场香港每年都会有的大豪雨!很可怕的雨
He mean big rain that come every year to Hong Kong. Very bad.
你给他一块钱好吗?
You give him $1 now, please.
你说他这样摸两下就有钱赚?他是个很有智慧的高僧
You mean he gets paid for that? – Oh, he very wise old monk.
他收钱的 是啊…非常聪明
He take money. – Yes, very wise.
钱赚得比我多
You’re doing better than I am.
这些画都好极了 –谢谢你
These are wonderful. – Thank you.
这孩子真讨人喜欢 –他是的
It’s an adorable baby. – Yes, he is.
真不可思议 她的母性在你的画里显露无疑
It’s amazing. You’ve managed to make her look positively maternal.
我想你说得也对 香港不适合卖♥♥
You’re right. Hong Kong is not the place
以中国小孩为题材的画 没错
to sell paintings of Chinese babies. – No.
–我还以为这有商业价值 不,寄到伦敦去机会比较大
I thought they were commercial. – Much better to send them to London.
上回寄去的那批还没有回音呢!
We haven’t had a reaction from the first batch.
他们会欣赏你的 –希望如此
Oh, you will. – I hope so.
需要用钱吗?
Need money?
劳勃…你何不…
Robert, why don’t you…?
你何不让我先付钱买♥♥下这些画?
Why don’t you let me pay you in advance?
我相信它们会卖♥♥得出去 凯,你真好
I’m sure they’ll sell. – You’re a darling,
但我可不希望成为某一种的画家
but there’s one kind of artist I’m not going to be.
如果你病了,我可以帮助你 我还没病态到那种程度
If you were sick you’d let me help. – I’m not that sick.
做什么啊?你在做什么啊?
再见!要好好照顾他
你也该回来了 抱歉,我回来晚了
About time. – Oh, sorry I late.
你让那英国女孩看过那些画了?
You show pictures to English girl?
她知道有谁要买♥♥画吗?不…
She know somebody want to buy? – No, but…
像这样才对 我知道,像这样,对不对?
Like this. – Yes, yes, yes, yes, I know, like this.
她要把这些画寄到伦敦去
She’s gonna send them on to London.
但这一来要花上好多时间
But that’ll take a long time.
我知道,我们也只好等了 劳勃,这些钱先拿去用吧!
Well, we’ll just have to wait. – Robert, use this, please.
怎么你也这样?
You too.
这笔钱原本是要存给我的孩子 这样他长大就不必去当苦工
Is money I save for my baby, so he won’t grow up coolie boy.
但孩子还小,现在还用不着
But baby too little to use now.
你不久就将成名 到时候你再帮助他
Pretty soon you be big man. Then you help him.
这钱你先拿去用吧!
So now use money.
他说这是私人的拜访
He said it was a personal matter.
私人拜访?这是什么意思?
A personal matter? What could he mean?
你是开银行的 你想这会是什么意思?
You run a bank, what else could it mean?
他钱用完了,想来借钱?
His money’s gone, he wants to borrow money?
他是个很有天赋的画家
He’s very talented.
亲爱的 如果你不想
Darling, if you don’t want to support me
养我一辈子的话… 就最好帮助他
for the rest of your life, you better help him.
我明白了,叫他进来吧!
Oh, I see. All right, ask him to come in.
你可以进来了! –谢谢
You can come in now. – Thanks.
哈罗,劳勃 –你好
Hello, Robert. – How are you?
真高兴见到你,请坐 我不想占用你太多的时间
Good to see you. Sit down. – I won’t take much of your time.
你只须回答我可不可以就行了
What I want can be answered with a quick yes or no.
不,不行,我不喜欢这样
No, I’m much too garrulous for that.
更何况 银行家习惯上不喜欢直接讲正事
Besides, bankers don’t like coming right down to the point.
我要你帮我找份工作
I want you to help me get a job.
那你画画的事呢?我总得赚钱填肚子啊!
Well, what about your painting? – I have to earn a living.
我记得你说过 你带来的钱够你用上一年
But I thought you came with enough money to see you through for a year.
我都花光了
I spent it.
你想你可以一边工作 一边找空余的时间作画吗?
Do you think you can work and paint in your spare time?
不,我想这是没办法两全的
No, sir, I don’t.
你已经在两者中作了选择?是的,我已经做了决定
And you’ve made a choice? – Yes, I’ve made a choice.
好吧!我会帮你想想办法 坐下来吧!
All right, I’ll see what I can do for you. Sit down.
你到底跑到哪里去了?我去找工作
Where you go, for goodness’ sake? – I went to get a job.
这话是什么意思?
What do you mean?
欧尼尔将帮我找一份工作
O’Neill is going to help me get a job.
你是说,你不打算再画画了?如果我是个职业拳击手
You mean, you not paint anymore? – Look, if I were a prizefighter,
却老是被人打败的话 我若是再不转行就真是太笨了
and I kept getting my brains knocked out, I’d be foolish if I didn’t quit, huh?
我知道我画得不够好 我已经厌倦一再遭到打击了
I’m not good enough to paint, and I’m tired of getting my brains knocked out.
我过去又不是没坐过办公桌
I’ve worked in an office before.
你为何不先找我商量?我为何要找你商量?
Why you not tell me you do this? – Why should I?