克莱 你在害怕什么
What are you afraid of, Clay?
不如你来告诉我吧
Look, why don’t you tell me?
-什么 -我倒想听听你在想什么
– What? – I wanna know what you think.
你那么聪明 你来到这里
You’re so smart, you got yourself in here,
你让我给你讲故事
you got me talking.
你举止成熟
Acting so precocious,
不断地对我搔首弄姿
throwing your little ass around,
引用莎士比亚的句子 不断地挑动睫毛
quoting Shakespeare, batting your eyelashes.
不如你来告诉我吧 我想听听你的想法
Why don’t you tell me? I wanna know what you think.
他们最后怎么了
What happens to them?
-我… -不不
– I… – No, no, no.
你来告诉我
You tell me what happens
罗里和多拉后来怎么了 不然你就给我出去
to Rory and Dora or you can get the hell out.
他毁了
He’s fucked.
继续
Now go on.
或许他能选择忘记 或许他能继续写作
Maybe he can forget, maybe he can write, create,
但都无济于事 因为他无法相信自己了
but it doesn’t matter because he’ll never, ever believe it.
他剥夺了自己找到出路的机会
He’s robbed himself of the chance to find out.
不错
Not bad.
或许他不会写作
Or maybe he can’t write,
尽管他已经顺利的糊弄了一些人
although he’s been able to fool a few people.
这个更好
Even better.
或许他的婚姻破裂
Maybe his marriage falls apart
是因为当他和妻子对视时
because for him and his wife to look at one another
他们从彼此的眼中看到了不愿提起的真♥相♥
is for them to look at the truth.
或许当他走到公众面前时
Maybe when he goes in public,
他可以带上自信和老练的面具
he can wear that mask of confidence and sophistication,
但是每当夜里他独自一人的时候 他无法安眠
but back when he’s alone late at night, he can’t sleep,
因为他一闭上眼睛
because when he closes his
就能看见那个老人的脸
eyes he still sees the face of that old man.
或许
Maybe
他只能看见自己的脸
he sees his own face,
那个老人只是他故事中的人物
and the old man is just a story he made up.
又或许他发现自己身处纽约华丽的公♥寓♥里
Or maybe he finds himself in his beautiful New York apartment
俯瞰公园 身边是一个对他来说太小的女孩
overlooking the park, with a girl who’s much too young for him,
他正在跟她讲一个很老套的故事
and he’s telling her what he knows to be are tired old stories.
因为那个女孩认为
Because for some reason
他会给予她什么
she believes that he has something to give her.
你很有天赋 丹妮拉
You’re very talented, Daniella.
但是有的时候 你要分清现实和小说
But at some point, you have to choose between life and fiction.
他们会无限接近 但永远不会重合
The two are very close, but they never actually touch.
他们是两种非常非常不同的事物
They’re two very, very different things.
什么
What?
怎么了
What’s wrong?
-你不想要我 -不不
– You don’t want me? – No, no, no.
听着 你并没有毁掉任何事
Look, it’s not like you’re corrupting anything here.
我想要 我要你
I want this. I want you.
我
I, um….
你该走了
You should leave.
你真的这么想吗
Is that what you really want…
克莱
Clay?
你到底想要什么
What do you really want?
对不起
I’m sorry.