is it as good as this book?
《窗之泪》
乔 跟我说实话
Tell me the truth, Joe.
谢谢
Thank you.
今晚我们应该跟你父母一起吃饭
We’re supposed to have dinner with your parents tonight.
我现在真的没心情
I’m really not up for it.
好 我会给你妈妈打电♥话♥
Fine, I’ll call your mother.
罗里 这件事什么时候才能到头
How much longer until this is over, Rory?
你想让我怎么做
What do you want from me?
你以为世上
Do you think you’re the only person on this earth
只有你一个人犯过错吗
who’s ever made a mistake?
你想让这些毁了你吗
Are you gonna let this destroy you?
毁了我们吗
Destroy us?
我们要个孩子吧
What if we had a baby?
我们一直计划的 我们一直想要组建家庭的
We’ve always wanted to. We’ve always wanted to start a family.
我觉得我要疯了
I think I’m gonna break.
我要分♥裂♥成两半了 我要分♥裂♥成两半了
I’m gonna break in half. I’m gonna break in half.
不会的 你不会的
You’re not gonna break. You’re not gonna break.
我不会让你分♥裂♥成两半
I won’t let you.
我们忘掉这些好吗
Can we just try to put this behind us?
看着我 好吗
Look at me. Can we?
您今天还好吗
How are you doing today?
这是什么植物
What type of plant is that?
香茶菜
Plectranthus.
瑞士常春藤
Swedish ivy.
很漂亮
It’s nice.
你来就是为了说些关于植物的废话吗
You come up here just to bullshit about plants?
不 不是
No, I did not.
如果是为了看我会不会告发你
Well, if you came to see if I was gonna blow the whistle on you
你大可放心 回去过你的飞黄腾达的日子吧
you should relax and go back home to your great, big life.
我想好好处理这件事
I wanna fix this.
没什么要处理的
There’s nothing to fix.
你的生活是你自己拼搏来的
You just go live the life you made for yourself.
如果你什么都不想要
If you didn’t want anything,
那你为什么会来找我 告诉我这些
why did you come find me and tell me?
那对我来说只是折磨
It couldn’t be just to torture me.
你甚至不知道我是谁
You don’t even know who I am.
不知道我怎么拿到原稿的
You don’t know how,
不知道为什么我要这么做
you don’t know why.
我只是
I just…
认为你应该知道真♥相♥ 仅此而已
thought you should know, that’s all.
你以为你能偷走我人生的一部分吗
Do you think you can just steal part of my life? Hm?
偷走别人的人生
Any man’s life?
当成自己的
Take it as your own
还奢望不需要付出任何代价
and expect there’d be no price to pay?
不 你不明白吗 这就是我来的原因
No. Don’t you understand? This is why I’m here.
把这些放回你兜里 不要逼我赶你出去
Put that back in your pocket or I’ll kick the shit out of you.
这些不是赔偿 我现在只能拿出这些
This is not a payoff. This is all I could get out right now,
这些本来就应该是你的
but it’s all yours.
我会把我的名字从书上去掉
I’m gonna take my name off the book.
我会把真♥相♥公诸于世
I’m gonna tell everybody the truth.
你比我想象的蠢得多
Then you’re even more of a fool than I thought you were.
-那你是为了什么 -为了什么
– What is all this about then? – What is it about?
这关系到我的人生
It’s about my life.
关系到我的妻子 我的孩子
It’s about my wife, about my child.
这关系到文学创作中的喜悦与痛苦
It’s about the joy and the pain that gave birth to those words.
你拿走这些文字 你就要承担这些痛苦
You take those words, you take the pain.
你不如用那钱买♥♥株植物吧
Now, why don’t you buy a plant with that money?
拿着 香茶菜 你不是很喜欢吗
Here, a Plectranthus, since you love them so much.
拿好你的植物和你的钱
You take your plant and your money
离开这 出去 出去
and you get out of here. Get out of here. Go on.
我想让这一切回到正轨
Hey, I wanna make things right.
你办不到
You can’t just make things right.
发生了就是发生了
Things are just things.
懂吗 不管你怎么折磨你自己都无济于事
You understand? No matter how you try and martyr yourself.
我还有工作要做
I’ve got work to do.
这地方可不会自己打理自己
This place doesn’t run itself.
先生 先生 求您了
Sir, sir. Please. Sir.
求您了
Please.
在那之后我见过她一次
I did see her one more time.
真的吗
You did?
在新泽西 当时我在去上班的路上
New Jersey. I was on my way to work.
过去的那些年
Over all those years,
我每天都会想到她
I thought about her every day.
为我对她所做的一切感到心痛
Broken because of what I did to her.
但是突然之间 她就站在那
And then all of a sudden, there she was.
她看上去很开心
She seemed happy.
如果我说我没有一丝难过
Well, if I was to tell you that
那是不可能的
that realization didn’t cause me pain, I’d be lying.
但是 从某种意义上来说 这拯救了我
But, in some ways, it helped me.
让我走出了那个死胡同
Helped me turn a corner.
重装上路 不再困扰于过去
Pick up again without looking back all the time.
你以为丢了那本书后我不再写作
Ah, you think I ruined my life because I never wrote again.
我的人生就是一个悲剧吗
Just because I lost a book of stories.
不 我只是
No, I just…
天啊 你本来可以有更多的成就
God, you had so much more to do.
不 相信我 我受够了
Oh, I’ve done enough. Believe me.
我已经尽我所能了
I’ve done what I can the best that I can.
这已经是我的极限了
That’s all you can ask of a person.

No,
我的悲剧是因为我爱我的文字
my tragedy was that I loved words more
胜过爱那个女人
than I loved the woman
而她却是给我灵感的那个人
who inspired me to write them. Heh.
-你想为我做什么是吗 -您尽管说
– You wanna do something for me? – Anything at all.
离开这 别回头
Walk away, don’t look back.
人的一生要做出很多选择
We all make choices in life.
但最困难的 是带着自己的选择生活下去
The hard thing is to live with them.
其他任何人都帮不了你
And there ain’t nobody can help you with that.
走吧
Go on.
先生
Sir?
我是真的喜欢您的书
I do love your book.
人的一生要做出很多选择
We all make our choices.
但最困难的 是带着自己的选择生活下去
The hard part is living with them.
最终 罗里·詹森知道了他该如何
Finally, Rory Jansen knew what he had to do
带着他的选择继续生活下去
to live with his.
《窗之泪》
The Window Tears
作者罗里·詹森
by Rory Jansen.
那个老人呢
And the old man?
罗里拜访的几周后
A few weeks after Rory went to visit him,
老人去世了
the old man died.
这个秘密也一起掩入了黄土
And the secret died with him.
无论他怎么做
Whatever he had to do,
无论他会失去什么 他都会守口如瓶
whatever he had to lose, he would seal it off.
在永远隐瞒这个人存在的同时
It was as if by locking off the secret of one man’s life forever,
他发现了
he had unveiled
自己内心更为更为黑暗和隐蔽的秘密
another much deeper and darker secret within himself.
就这样 故事结束了
And that’s it. The end.
讲完了
Poof.
没有道德评判 没有因果报应
No moral, no comeuppance,
也不会受益匪浅
no incredible gain of knowledge,
这个故事只是想说明
other than the belief that one can,
人在犯下不可饶恕的过错之后
after making a terrible mistake in life,
依旧可以继续生活 甚至活得更好
continue to live and perhaps even live well.
人总是要睡觉的
Everyone has to sleep at night.
到底发生了什么 克莱 在他告诉自己那些话后
What really happened, Clay, after he tells himself all that?
-我告诉你了 -不 跟我讲实话
– I just told you. – No, tell me the truth.
他继续生活 继续写作 尽他所能地工作
He goes on. He lives, he writes, as well as he can,
最后取得了巨大成功
he’s a big success.
胡扯
Bullshit.
我不是说这小说
I’m not talking about the book.
你在逃避着什么 告诉我事实
You’re just avoiding. Tell me the truth.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!