– What, at my desk? – Yeah. Can we?
只要我们想 没什么不行的
We can do anything we want.
我们是成年人了
We’re grown-ups.
那么 去拿酒吧
Then get the wine.
-你的酒 -多谢
– Your wine. – Thank you.
那么 我们敬什么
So, what should we drink to?
当然是你的新书
Your new book, of course.
-不如我们敬 -你的书
– How about we drink to..? – Your book.
能告诉我吗
Will you tell me something?
后面的故事
What happens?
老人找到罗里后 发生了什么
What happens to Rory after the old man finds him?
你能告诉我点事吗
Will you tell me something?
尽我所能
If I can.
为什么像你这样美丽聪明的姑娘
Why would such a beautiful, intelligent girl such as yourself
会想从事作家这种愚蠢的职业
wanna be something so silly as a writer?
哈 愚蠢
Ha. Silly?
你不知道语言是可以摧毁一切的吗
Don’t you know words ruin everything?
我才不信 你爱写作
I don’t believe you for a second. You love words.
因为我年轻 被宠爱 有激♥情♥ 敢冒险
I’m young, spoiled, impetuous and American.
告诉我吧
Humor me.
求你了 求你了求你了 告诉我吧
Please? Pretty, pretty, pretty please?
闭上眼睛
Close your eyes.
就像古往今来
And so, like so many of the
出现过无数次的老式桥段一样
great clichés in the history of civilization,
罗里·詹森唯一能想到的
Rory Jansen decided the only thing to do
就是灌醉自己
was drink on it.
他让自己喝到满口胡言 烂醉如泥
And so he gets rip-roaring, death-defyingly drunk,
然后终于鼓起勇气
and now he’s got his nerve.
开始思考
And he starts to think.
他让自己把整件事情的始末仔细思考了一遍
He allows himself to think the whole thing through.
这或许是他这辈子第一次这么认真的思考
Maybe for the first time in his entire life.
最后他得出结论
And he comes to the conclusion,
更确切地说 这个时刻
or more appropriately, this myth
他想起了之前无数次听到的一种说法
that he’s heard so many times before,
说出事实 能让良心免受折磨
that the truth shall set you free.
猜猜怎么的 我今天问过房♥产商了
Hey. Guess what, l spoke to the realtor today,
她说我们最早6号♥就可以搬进去了
and she said that we can move in as early as the 6th.
很棒吧
Isn’t that awesome?
我们要去买♥♥些地毯什么的
We’ll need to buy some carpets and stuff…
你为什么爱我
Why do you love me?
-多拉 -你醉了吗
– Dora? – Are you drunk?
我想知道你为什么爱我
I need to know why you love me.
好吧 嗯
Okay. Uh, heh-heh.
因为你有双漂亮的眼睛
I love you because you have beautiful eyes.
因为你总是一副很严肃的样子
I love you because you’re serious all the time,
但事实上 你的内心是个小傻瓜
but deep, deep down, you’re nothing but a goofball.
我就是爱你
I just love you.
罗里 怎么了
Rory, what’s going on?
你真觉得我的的眼睛漂亮吗
You really think my eyes are beautiful?
我觉得你的眼睛很漂亮 是啊
Heh-heh. I think your eyes are beautiful, yes.
他们不是我的
They’re not mine.
好吧
Okay.
我是个骗子
I’m a liar.
我不懂
I don’t…
你这是在做什么
What are you doing right now?
怎么了
What’s wrong?
那本书不是我写的
I didn’t write the book.
你说什…
What do you…?
那本书 是我抄来的
The book, I stole it.
我无意间发现了它
I just found it.
我只字未改地抄了它 我是说
I didn’t even change any of it. I mean, I…
我不知道我是从谁那里偷来的
I don’t know who I was stealing it from and…
但是 我知道那不是我写的
But I knew it wasn’t mine.
我被你搞糊涂了
I’m very confused right now.
你是说 你 那本书不是你写的
So you didn’t…? You..? You didn’t write the book?
不是我写的 一个字都不是
None of it is mine, not one single word.
我不明白这是怎么回事
I don’t know what’s going on.
它 它摆在那里
It… It was there and…
那个时候 我真的
I think I wanted so badly
太希望那是我写的
for it to have come from me…
还有你的表情 你以为那是我写的
and then the look, the way you looked at me
当时你看我的眼神
when you thought it was mine…
那一瞬间
And for a moment
我真的以为那是我写的
I actually convinced myself that l wrote it.
你相信吗
Do you believe that?
我永远写不出那么好的文字 我知道的
I could never write anything that good. I know that.
-行了 -你 你当时自己说
– Okay, so then… – You.. I mean, you said so yourself…
我说 我说什么了
I said… I said what?
-那不重要了 -什么 我说了什么
– It doesn’t matter. – What? What did I say?
你应该知道的 你肯定知道
You should’ve known. You did know, right? You knew…
-你什么意思 -你读的时候就知道的
– What do you mean? – You knew when you read them
-那不是我写的 -我知道什么
– that they weren’t my words. – I knew?
你那么了解我
You know me so well.
你当时在做关于巴黎的研究
You were doing research on Paris.
我们也刚刚从那里度完蜜月回来
We had just gotten back from our honeymoon.
是啊 但是你应该知道的
Yeah, but you had to have known.
你说什么 我一直相信你
What do you mean? I believed you.
-不 你只是装作 -我知道我相信你
– No, you wanted to believe. – I know, I believed you!
-你是想 -我他妈的是相信你
– You wanted to… – I fucking believed you!
多拉
Dora?
别碰它
Don’t touch it.
你骗了我
You lied to me.
当你
When you…
当你读那些文字的时候
When you read those words,
当你抄袭那些文字的时候
when you copied them,
你有没有停下来为我们想过
did you ever stop to think about us?
你有没有想过这会对我们造成什么影响
Did you think about what this was gonna do to us?
会对你造成什么影响
To you?
你有没有想过我
Did I ever cross your mind?
我不能呆在这了
I can’t be here right now.
抱歉 我不能呆在这
I’m sorry, I just can’t be here.
你真有本事
You really fucked up.
我们要好好想想这件事
I think we need to think this through.
什么意思
What does that mean?
这周日你上了书评的首页
You got the cover of the book review this Sunday.
这不是我写的 是一个老人写的
I didn’t get the cover of this, some old man got it.
那其他的书呢 其他的书是你自己写的吗
The other book of yours, did you write that?
当然是我写的 但是这不是我计划的
Of course I wrote that. But I didn’t plan this.
这不在我的计划内
This isn’t something that I planned.
但是所有人都是因为这本书
But the only reason why anybody
才开始读我写的东西
ever read my stuff is because of this book.
这不是你想要的吧
You don’t want this.
你说的这些 其实你不希望它们发生吧
Everything you’re saying you want, you don’t want it.
求你把我的名字从书上拿走
Just take my name off the book.
你知道会有什么后果吗
And what do you think is gonna happen?
你以为其他人会那么容易放过你吗
Do you think they’re gonna give you a hall pass?
媒体 出版社 他们会不断纠缠你
The media? The press? They’re gonna crucify you.
我也会被你拉下水
And my ass is out there on the line with you.
把你的版税分给那个人
You wanna pay this man off your advance,
这才是你该干的事
that’s the right thing to do.
你可以买♥♥断他的电影版权
You wanna cut him into the movie rights, fine.
你可以给他买♥♥♥房♥♥子 车子 或者船
You wanna buy him a house, a car, a fucking boat?
总之你别因为这件事毁了自己的下半生
But don’t screw yourself for the rest of your life
你也别连累我
for one stupid mistake. And don’t you fuck me!
相信我
Trust me, this isn’t the first time
你不是第一个遇到这种事的作家
an author’s done something like this.
别来这套
Don’t do that.
你可能现在不相信我
You may not believe me now…
但日后你会感激我
but you will thank me later.
我自己的书
My book, the one you sold…
销量有这本好吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!