Thank you.
感谢你的出席
Thank you for coming.
好了 各位 让他喘口气
Come along, people. Give the man some breathing room.
这毕竟是他的休息时间
It’s his break, after all.
谢谢
Thank you.
要是想躺下休息休息
If you want to lie down or relax for a while,
你知道房♥间号♥的
you know where the room is.
我看你书里写你喜欢2005年的玫瑰葡萄酒
I read that you liked the 2005 Rosé.
别忘了 克莱顿
Don’t forget, Clayton,
只有30分钟 没空前戏了
30 minutes, so no time for foreplay.
-真抱歉 -没事 我读过他的书
– I’m so sorry. – That’s okay, I’ve read his books.
你说你名字叫什么来着
So, what’d you say your name was again?
我还没说 我叫丹妮拉
I didn’t. It’s Daniella.
这名字真好听
That’s a beautifuI name.
你就这点本事吗
Oh, can’t you think of something better than that?
要不这样
Well, how about this:
他们在后面给我准备了间休息室
They gave me a little green room back there.
有上好的酒和奶酪
It’s got really great wine and cheese.
我也不用再帮别人签名了
And I won’t have to sign any more books,
而且我也许还能想出点更有意思的话来
and maybe I’lI think of something more interesting to say.
走吗
Wanna go?
-带路 -来吧
– Lead the way. – Come on.
-不是吧 -我得养好嗓子
– Shut up. – I have to rest my voice.
我一朗诵就嗓子干
It gets really dry when I read,
我还有一场呢
and I have a whole other section.
-你净跟我胡说 -我没有
– Don’t bullshit me. – I’m not.
没事 反正你的事我都知道了
It’s okay. I already know everything about you anyway.
是吗 什么都知道吗
Oh, really? Everything?
什么都知道
Everything.
你知道什么
What do you know?
我知道你讨厌番茄
I know you hate tomatoes.
我知道爵士唱片里
I know Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue
你最爱迈尔斯·戴维斯的《范范蓝调》
is your favorite jazz recording.
我知道你喜欢看《干杯酒吧》重播
I know you love to watch Cheers reruns.
我还知道你学了7年拉丁文
And I know you took Latin for seven years
而且每次考试都作弊
and cheated on every single test.
等等 这你怎么知道的
Wait a minute. How do you know that?
《时尚先生》里你自己说的
Esquire, you said it yourself.
我可得好好看看我的采访记录了
I’ve got to start reading my interviews.
这么说
So…
你还知道些什么
what else do you know?
我知道你从大一开始
I know that you’ve been with your wife
就和你妻子在一起了
since your freshman year of college.
我知道纽约扬基队主场的每场球你都去看
I know that you go to every single Yankees home game,
我还知道你 克莱顿·哈蒙德 是个天才
and I know that you, Clayton Hammond, are a genius.
-你也就知道这些了 -为什么这么说
– Shows how much you know. – Why’s that?
去年有两场纽约扬基队的主场我没去
I missed two Yankee games last year.
抱歉
Oh, sorry.
而且 我和我妻子已经
And, uh, my wife and I are, um…
分居了
separated.
其实我知道这个 但你还戴着戒指呢
I actually did know that, but you’re wearing a ring.

Yeah.
所以 丹妮拉
So, uh, Daniella,
你今晚怎么会在这
how did you get backstage tonight?
我是哥伦比亚大学的研究生
I’m a grad student at Columbia,
我找老师求了张票来
and I begged my professor for his ticket.
我和你一样 也有埃尔曼奖学金
I won the Elman Fellowship, just like you.
哈蒙德先生 可以上场了
Mr. Hammond, they’re ready for you.
是啊 哈蒙德先生 该上场了
Yes, Mr. Hammond, we’re ready for you.
今晚朗诵的第二部分 也是最后一部分
This is the second and, uh, final selection of the evening.
那是个秋高气爽的清晨
“It was a crisp and clear autumn morning.
老人身上还是昨天的衣服
The old man was dressed exactly as the day before.”
-帮你叫辆的士吧 -我坐公交就行 谢谢
– Can I hail you a cab? – I’m gonna take the bus, thanks.
不客气
You’re welcome.
去中♥央♥公园吗 太好了
Go to Central Park? Great.
今天怎么样
How you doing today?
挺好的 你呢
I’m okay. How are you?
-你知道的 -是
– You know what I mean? – Sure.
你那读的什么书
What’s that book you’re reading?
约翰·芬提的《问尘情缘》
Ask the Dust, John Fante.
你怎么想到读他的书的 都没人知道他
Oh, how did you find him? Nobody knows him.
你也读芬提吗
You read Fante?
读 我认识他
Read him? I knew him.
你认识约翰·芬提
You knew John Fante.
在洛杉矶遇到的
Met him in Los Angeles.
应该是1958年
Must have been 1958.
他应该更广为人知的
He should have been someone that everybody knows.
是啊
Yeah.
到底怎么了
What happened?
这就是人生
Life.
感觉怎么样
So how does it feel?
什么感觉怎么样
How does what feel?
成为万众瞩目的人
To be somebody everybody knows?
其实我不怎么想这事的
You know, I don’t really think about it.
得了吧
Oh, come on.
我就是个吹牛鬼 你还跟我胡扯
Don’t bullshit an old bullshitter.
是不是感觉特别好
It feels good, right?
自己的作品得到承认的确感觉不错
Feels good to have your work recognized, yeah.
那可不是
I’m sure it does, yeah.
你现在去餐厅肯定有好位子
Bet you get good tables in restaurants now.

I do.
命运眷顾了你
Life was kind to you.
你出生的那天
Gods smiled when you were born.
万神济济一堂 指着你说
They looked down and they said,
看哪 这小家伙将会成作家
“Ooh, look there, that one is a writer.
他的文字将荣获盛赞
His words will be celebrated.”
倒也不至于这么光辉灿烂 就是走运罢了
I don’t know if it’s that grandiose. I just got lucky.
我写了本书 大家刚好喜欢
I wrote a book, people happened to like it.
我都不知道怎么就发展成这样了
I mean, I don’t know how things happen.
要不是因为那本书
I mean, I wrote two books
我的另两本书都不会被出版
that wouldn’t have gotten published if that one never did.
现在他们一定会出版咯
Well, I’lI bet they’ll publish them now.
我读了你的书
I read your book.
非常非常喜欢
I liked it very, very much.
谢谢 你这么说我真高兴
Thank you. I appreciate that.
现在请暂时原谅下我这个老书迷
And now forgive an old fan for a moment.
就迁就我一下
Just indulge me.
你书中的巴黎
You wrote about Paris
那会刚刚脱离战火
right after the war.
我读你的书时 就仿佛身临其境一样
And when I read your stories, I was right there.
我可以品到酒的醇香
I tasted that wine, the sweetness of that wine.

I…
和那姑娘缠绵缱绻
made love to the girl.
我坐在那朝阳笼罩的咖啡厅里
I sat in the cafe that morning
思考着我的未来将是何等模样
wondering what the future held for me.
思考着我到底还有没有未来
Or if it held anything at all for me.
我能听到
I heard…
娃娃在晚上哭闹
that child cry in the night.
我也感受到了
And I felt the longing
那浓浓的乡愁
for my home so far away.
你还真的很会写啊 我的朋友
You are some writer, my friend.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢 我真的很高兴
Wow, thank you. I really do appreciate that.
我 我得走了 我妻子
I, uh… Wow, I have to go. My wife…
我知道 我知道
I know, I know.
艺术家都不大愿意
Artists always feel uncomfortable
-谈论他们的作品 -不 不是
– talking about their work. – No, no, no.
-我还有件事想求你帮忙 -没问题
– I wonder if there’s just one thingyou’d do for me. – Sure.
我在想你能不能
I wondered if you’d autograph
-为我的这本书签个名 -当然
– my copy of your book. – Ah, of course.
你有笔吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!