– You’re 100 miles away. – We want you to go.
你就不能闭嘴么
Why don’t you shut up?
罗里
Rory!
-怎么回事 -什么都别说 别
– What the hell? – Oh, don’t. Just don’t.
-我现在没心情 -你怎么回事
– Really, l can’t right now. – What is the matter with you?
我不…
I don’t…
你是怎么沦落到这儿的
How the fuck do you end up here?
罗里
Rory.
想想我自己的生活 想想你的生活
I look at my life, I look at your life,
再看看他的生活
I look at his life,
看看我爸的生活 看看别人的生活
I look at my father’s, I look at everybody’s,
我完全不知道别人是怎么一步步爬上去的
I don’t have a clue how anybody winds up where they do.
-我不知道 -你没必要知道
– I don’t know. – You don’t have to know.
我不知道
I don’t know!
没关系 你没必要知道
It’s okay! You don’t have to know.
时间多的是 罗里
There’s so much time, Rory.
我他妈是在说我的生活
I’m talking about my fucking life here!
-你生活怎么了 -乱七八糟
– What about your life? – It’s not right!
一团糟
Nothing’s right!
罗里 你这话让我怎么想
Rory, how is that supposed to make me feel?
我该怎么想
How is that supposed to make me feel?
我没能成为想象中的样子 好吧
I’m not who I thought I was, okay?
我没做到
I’m not.
我很怕我永远都做不到
And I’m terrified that I never will be.
对不起
I’m sorry.
没事了
It’s okay.
他不知道为什么要这么做
“He didn’t know why he was doing it.
他就是想让这些文字流过指尖
He just wanted to feel the words pass through his fingers,
游过脑海
through his mind.
他敲出了纸上的每一个字
He retyped every word as it was written on those pages.
没有改动任何一个标点符号♥
He didn’t change a period, a comma,
甚至连拼写错误都照抄下来
or even correct the spelling mistakes.
他想知道触摸它
He needed to know what it felt like
是怎样的感觉
to touch it,
即便只是一瞬间
if only for a moment.”
罗里 能过来一下吗
Rory, can you come here?
怎么了
What’s up?
你还好吗
Hey. You all right?
怎么了 宝贝
What’s wrong, babe?
吻我
Just kiss me.
怎么了
Hey, what is it?
-老天爷 -怎么了
– Oh, my God. – What?
-怎么了 -你怀孕了吗
– What? – Are you pregnant?
没有 没有 没有 听我说
No, no, no. I want you to listen to me.
今天我在用电脑办公的时候…
I was working on the computer today, and, um…
我发誓 我以前从没翻看过你的东西
And I swear to you I’ve never gone through your things before,
你的书就在屏幕上放着
but your book was on the screen
然后我读了一句
and I started reading one sentence,
不 不 不
Oh, no, no, no.
然后第二句 然后我就停不下了
then I read the second, and I couldn’t put it down.
听我说
Listen to me.
你就是你想要成为的那个人
You are everything you’ve always wanted to be.
多拉 你不明白…
Dora, you don’t under…
你为什么要瞒着我
Why would you keep this a secret from me?
不 我没有瞒你
No, it’s not a secret.
这些故事
These stories, they’re so
跟你之前的东西太不一样了
different from anything you’ve ever done before.
就好像你不再遮遮掩掩了
It’s as if you stopped hiding.
更丰满 更真实 更诚恳
They’re fuller, they’re truer, they’re more honest.
小说里有你的一些缩影
There are parts of you
我知道一直都有
in this novel that I always knew were there,
只是我之前从未读到
but I had never seen before.
-我从未… -哪些缩影
– I’ve never… – What parts?
哪些缩影
What parts?
你的全部
All of you.
你的全部 宝贝
All of you, baby.
应该让人们看到
This has to be seen.
听我说
Just listen to me, okay.
你总说
You always said that all
你只想当个好作家
you ever wanted to do was be a good writer.
有了这本书 罗里
With this, Rory,
你是个伟大的作家
you’re a great writer.
宝贝
Baby,
带到公♥司♥去给其他人看看
take it to work and show it to someone.
如果你不想为自己
And if you’re not gonna do it for yourself,
那就为我这么做吧
then please do it for me.
打扰了 卡特勒先生
Sorry to bother you, Mr. Cutler.
罗里 你好啊
Hey, Rory. How are you today?
-很好 -那就好
– Good. – Good.
你有时间吗
Do you have a minute?
有点忙 有什么事吗
I’m kind of busy here. What can I do for you?
我在这里工作有两年了
I’ve worked here for, uh, over two years.
从未向任何人要求过什么
I haven’t asked anybody for anything.
看来你马上就要提要求了
I have a feeling you’re about to ask for a thing now.
这有本小说
You see, there’s this novel, um…
我知道你一天到晚
and I know that you get
都有报告要忙
submissions all the time and you’re very busy,
但我只想听听你的意见
but I don’t want anything other than your opinion.
我会感激不尽的
I would really appreciate it.
时间一天天过去
Days passed.
一周 一个月过去了
Weeks became months.
等到入秋的时候
And by the time autumn arrived,
罗里已经把书的事情忘光了
Rory had all but forgotten about the book.
罗里
Rory.
有事吗 卡特勒先生
Can I help you, Mr. Cutler?
-过来一下 -我正在上培训课
– Come on in here for a second. – I’m in the middle of training…
没事 他一会就回去 把门关上
Yeah, yeah, he’ll find his way back. Shut the door.
知道昨晚我♥干♥什么了吗
You know what l did last night?
在黛布拉的一再要求下
On the absolute insistence of Debra,
老天知道我多想拒绝她
and God knows I tried to blow her off,
昨晚我看了你的小说了
l read your novel last night.
你看了
You did?
你给别人
Have you, uh, shown this to anyone else,
给公♥司♥以外的人看过吗
anyone outside the agency?
没有 没有 只给你看过
No, no, you’re the only one that’s seen it.
当然 还有我老婆
I mean, uh, outside of my wife.
她怎么说
What does she think?
是她坚持要我拿给你看的
She was the one that insisted I show it to you.
我都迫不及待想当面谢谢她了
Well, I can’t wait to meet her and thank her.
罗里 我很愿意做你的代理人
Rory, I would very much like to represent you
代理你的作品
and your work.
你写出了
You’ve written
一部伟大的小说
a remarkable work of fiction.
没有神迹出现
“There was no epiphany.
不像他从小喜欢的那些书里描述的
No sign from the gods to point him in the right direction
现实中他没有受到任何天启
like there had been in all the books
没人为他指出明路
that he had loved growing up.
他只要在合同上签字就行了
All he had to do was sign the contract.
那本书收获了商业和文学评论界的一致好评
The book was a unanimous critical and commercial success.”
谢谢 你好
Thank you. Hi.
罗里·詹森 《窗之泪》
他成了纽约文学界的宠儿
“He was the darling of the New York literary world.”
新秀作家首部作品荣获美国艺术文学奖
年度
The winner of this year’s
美国艺术文学奖得主
American Fellowship of Arts and Letters Award,
罗里·詹森先生
Mr. Rory Jansen.
大家举杯 敬我们的儿子 作家
Let’s raise a glass here to our son, the writer.
敬罗里
To Rory.
罗里·詹森做出了选择
“Rory Jansen had made his choice.
然后 他遇到了那位老人
And then he met the old man.”
第一部分结束了
That’s, um, the end of part one.
谢谢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!