妙笔生花
《妙笔生花》
The Words,
作者本人
by me.
第一章
Part one.
老人站在雨中
“The old man stood in the rain.
目送罗里和多拉·詹森走进了豪车
He watched as Rory and Dora Jansen made their way to the limo.
不知怎的 看上去就像雨点都被隔绝在了他们身外
Somehow it seemed as if the raindrops missed them.”
-谢谢 -晚安
– Thank you. – Good night.
不 不 跟妈妈说别担心
No, no, tell Mom not to worry.
我们只想让她开心点 好吗
Look, we just want her to feel better, okay?
好吗
All right?
对 不 没有 她带了她的相机
Yeah. No, no. She brought her camera.
看来他们要拍很多照片
They’re gonna take a lot of pictures.
那里还有很多摄影师
There’s a lot of photographers there.
今天可是个特殊的日子 爸爸
It’s an event, Dad.
好的 好 我们有… 对 对
Okay, all right, we got… Yes, yes.
-我们也爱你 -爱你 亲爱的
– We love you too. – Love you, Chuckles.
再见
Bye.
我父母很激动
My parents are very excited.
他们很爱你
And they love you very much.
你不激动吗
Are you excited?
当然激动 盛大的夜晚 不是吗
Yeah, sure, it’s a big night, right?
很大的荣誉
It’s a big honor.
宝贝 你有点紧张 这很正常
Baby, it’s… You’re just nervous. It’s normal.
我是有点受宠若惊
I’m just a little overwhelmed, you know?
这些事我以前想都没想过
I didn’t expect any of this.
在想什么
Where are you?
我以为它只会是本普通的书 你懂吗
It was supposed to be a little book, you know?
我懂
I know.
你能抽空
So nice that
来参加我们的小颁奖礼真是太好了
you could make time for our little award.
-我们知道你很忙 -这荣誉是我们大家的
– We know you’re busy. – The pleasure’s all ours.
不 你写的太棒了
No. Come now. Your book is fabulous.
当然 你都知道了
But, of course, you know that.
书评你都看过了
You’ve read all the reviews.
《窗之泪》给我们
The Window Tears has
展现了一位充满活力与感性的
introduced us to the one of the most exciting
年轻作家
and sensitive young writers
一路走向文学殿堂的漫长旅程
to appear on the literary horizon in a very long time.
今晚我们有幸邀请到
We are privileged to have with us here tonight
年度
the winner of this year’s
美国艺术文学奖得主
American Fellowship of Arts and Letters Award,
罗里·詹森先生
Mr. Rory Jansen.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
我只是简单地把想象的故事写成文字
I simply tried to set down the truth as l imagined it.
一个男人与他家人的故事
The story of one man, his wife and child.
我没想到小小一本书
I never thought a little book
会影响这么多形形色♥色♥的人
like this would affect so many different people.
我真希望自己还有灵感写第二本书
I only wish I had an idea for my second book.
我不想再占用大家的时间了
I don’t want to take up any more of your time.
最后 我只想说
I’ll just end by saying
今晚我感到十分荣幸 谢谢
that the honor this evening is truly all mine. Thank you.
罗里·詹森拥有了他梦想的一切
Rory Jansen had everything he had ever dreamed of.
但在某个角落 一位老人还在等待着
But somewhere, the old man was waiting.
他将改变一切
And he would change everything.
大学一毕业 他们就去了布鲁克林
“Right after college, they moved to Brooklyn.
他们在一家旧工厂找到了一间阁楼
They found a first floor loft in an old factory.
那是他作品问世并屡屡获奖的五年前
It was five years before the book and the awards,
但罗里已经很明确自己将会有怎样的生活了
but Rory already knew what his life was supposed to look like.”
往后退 就这样
So straight back there. That’s it.
-还退吗 -大概再退两英尺
– Keep going? – Like two more feet.
-好 这里吗 -对
– Okay, here? – Yeah.
-放手 -放手吗
– Let it go. – Just let go?
他爱她
He loved her.
多拉
Dora?
他爱纽约
He loved New York.
快放我下来
You’re gonna drop me.
他喜欢为付房♥租而奔波
He loved fighting to make the rent.
为艺术作品而奋斗
Fighting to make his art.
像他崇拜的作家们那样生活
Living like all the great writers he had idolized.
我觉得咱们应该把照片放那里
Okay, I think we should put pictures up there.
然后 我觉得桌子放那里就行
And l think your desk is fine where it’s at over there.
我觉得咱们应该把浴室刷成粉色
And I think we should paint the bathroom pink.
休想
Never.
一位勤奋的年轻作家
“A young, struggling writer,
为了让世界听到他的声音而努力着
fighting to make his voice heard.
他喜欢喝廉价的酒
He liked cheap bottles of wine.
-多少钱 -二十
– How much is it? – It’s 20 dollars.
每天什么都不做 只在街上游荡
And nothing to do with his days but wander the streets.
它跟我眼镜很搭 难道让我扔掉不成
It matches my eyes. What do you want me to do?
但到了晚上 当整个城市都已沉睡
But at night, when the rest of the city slept,
他开始写作
he wrote.”
谢谢你 宝贝
Thanks, babe.
就差最后一点了
Just doing a final pass.
然后呢
And then what?
然后我就去
And then I’m gonna head into
瓦勒教授推荐的公♥司♥
an agent that Professor Waller recommended.
再然后呢
And then what?
再然后咱们就庆祝一下
And then we’re gonna celebrate.
但咱们没有钱
But we don’t have any money.
该庆祝就得庆祝
Shh. Then we’re gonna celebrate.
等我写完这点
Just gotta finish this.
宝贝
Babe.
宝贝
Babe.
宝贝 别这样 我写完这点
Babe. Come on, I gotta finish this.
-好啦 我赶紧写完这点 -好吧
– Okay, I gotta finish this. – Fine.
但你快没机会啦
But you’re missing out.
写完啦
Finished.
他不想做就是不想做
Well, if he doesn’t want to do it, he doesn’t want to do it.
我说过我会努力的
Listen, I said I’ll try.
你什么意思 当然是我说的
What do you mean? Of course that’s my word.
周三之前给我答复 我好分配任务
I gotta know by Wednesday, that’s when I place the orders.
-我再打给你 再见 -很忙啊
– I’ll call you back. Goodbye. – Working hard?
我就是一消防员 没日没夜的
All I do is put out fires. It never stops.
我知道你很忙
Listen, I know you’re busy,
那我就直说了 好吧
so, uh, I’m gonna come at you straight, okay?
去我办公室说
Let’s go into my office.
多少钱
How much?
能让我们维持过下个月就行
Just enough for the next month to cover us.
然后呢 你下个月再来吗
And then what? You show up again here next month?
不会 我把书给了一家出版社
No, I got my book into an agent,
他们说很有潜力
says it’s got potential.
他们给你钱了吗
Did they give you any money?
没有 但是老爸 这事不是这样的
No, but look, Dad, it doesn’t work like that.
跟你这里不一样
It’s not like your business, okay?
不是你干完活 人家就给钱 好吗
It’s not like you do work, you get paid for it, okay?
我得交出版费
I gotta pay my dues.
不 是我给你交出版费 对吗
No, I gotta pay your dues, right?
要不是急需 我不会找你要的
Look, I wouldn’t ask you if I didn’t need it.
你以为我想这样吗
You think I like coming down here like this?
你以为我想不给吗
You think I like saying no?
我觉得这不是在帮你而是在害你
I feel like I’m hurting you more than helping you.
你得为自己的人生负责
You gotta take responsibility for your life.
我一直在为自己的人生负责
I’ve been taking responsibility for my life.
我从十五岁就开始工作 在餐馆打杂
I’ve had a job since I was 15. I was a busboy.
两年前我们才决定
Okay, we decided two years ago
我要努力成为一名作家
I was gonna dedicate myself to being a writer.
咱们是在客厅讨论的这件事 老爸
We had this conversation in the living room, Dad.
老妈当时也在 她同意…
Mom was right there. She agreed…
但到现在已经有段时间了
But it’s been a while.
所以在你站稳脚跟之前

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!