这里有术士
There are mages here.
那些老头
Old ones.
培养猎魔人 他们…
Making witchers, they…
他们会杀了我们 然后把我们复活
They’ll kill us. Then bring us back, but…
但是我们就不正常了
we won’t be normal.
-他们管这个叫做… -青草试炼 我知道
They call it– -The Trial of the Grasses. I know.
我也很害怕
I get scared too.
然后我想:“很快 我就能出去游历了
Then I think, “Soon, I’ll be out on the Path,
比大多人都厉害 什么都不想要”
stronger than most anyone, wanting for nothing.”
我就再也不会害怕了
I’ll never be scared again.
试炼之后 你会变得比正常要厉害 托马斯
You’ll come out the Trials better than normal, Tomas.
我保证
On my word.
-这是… -是维瑟米尔!
What the…- It’s Vesemir!
怎么了?我们在哪里?
What’s happened? Where are we?
安静 我爸以前说过这个地方
Quiet. My pa used to talk about this place.
这里是红色沼泽
It’s the Red Swamp.
被诅咒了
It’s cursed.
到处都是恶灵和野兽
It’s crawling with evil spirits and beasts.
狮鹫
Griffins.
这是个测试
This is a test.
和其他的一样
Like all the others.
去游历 猎魔人的第一本能要是活下去
On the Path, a witcher’s first instinct is to survive.
靠的是智慧 不是剑
It’s about wits, not swords.
我们跟着月亮走 直到没有危险
We follow the moon until we’re clear.
如果附近有怪物 你的徽章会…
If there’s a monster close, your medallion will–
妖灵!
Wraiths!
保持冷静!
Keep calm!
呆在一起!
Stay together!
这边
This way.
徽章有时候感应到的是怪物
The medallions sometimes sense the bestiary.
尤其是一大群的时候
Especially when it’s full.
你是他们的人
You’re one of them.
托马斯提到的术士 是你们创造了猎魔人
The mages Tomas mentioned who make witchers.
你看起来不太老
You don’t look ancient.
好吧 术士老得很慢
Well, mages age quite slowly.
猎魔人也是
Witchers do too.
我们都有几十年时间来磨练技能
Gives us both decades to hone our respective skills.
但试炼只是我职责的一部分
The Trials are only part of my duty, though. –
别害怕
Don’t fear.
这只是杂交基因的副产品
It’s merely a side effect of its hybrid genes.
喀拉螂
Krallachs.
我在这个标本里 发现了三个不同的物种
I’ve identified three different species in this specimen’s makeup.
真是个讨厌的小杂种
It’s a nasty little crossbreed.
戴格兰大人说过 怪物不能和其他物种交♥配♥
Master Deglan said monsters can’t mate with other species.
没错
True.
但是它们可以被改造
Though they can be engineered.
想一下 有一群野兽
Imagine an army of beasts
它们被设计出来 就是为了铲除精灵和古老的物种
designed to wipe out the elves and the Old Races
保护土地和食物
to secure land and food.
炼金术
The alchemy was…
已经够不体面的了
inelegant, though.
大部分杂种都会立刻死亡
Most crossbreeds died instantly.
术士制♥造♥怪物
Mages made monsters,
然后再制♥造♥猎魔人去杀掉它们?
then made witchers to kill them?
今天 由我和我的术士守护
Today, my mages and I guard the secrets
这些突变炼金术的秘密
to such mutagenic alchemy,
以防进一步被滥用
preventing further abuse.
对了 我是瑞德里赫
I’m Reidrich, by the way.
你是傻了吗 瑞德里赫?
Are you daft, Reidrich?
猎魔人应该知道 自己在历史中的位置
A witcher deserves to understand its place in history.
在你舔舐伤口的时候 来了一个骑手
A rider came while you were licking your wounds.
给你留了封信
Left a letter for ya.
你早就知道托马斯和其他人 会死在沼泽吗?
Did you know that Tomas and the others would die in the swamp?
这是数字游戏 小伙子
It’s a numbers game, young fella.
有多少人能在试炼中幸存?
How many survive these Trials?
看情况
Depends.
有多少人能成为猎魔人?
How many are witchers?
信在你的小屋里 现在就读 要不然我就烧掉了
Letter’s by your cot. Read it now, before I burn it.
“维瑟米尔”
“Vesemir.”
“你的想法可能和我们相去甚远 所以我会简短点说”
“Your thoughts are likely far from here, so I will be brief.”
“你的爸爸死了”
“Your father is dead.”
“科德温占领了我们的村庄 他在帮大人和夫人逃跑时被杀死了
“Kaedwen took our village and he was killed while helping the lord and lady escape,
但大人和夫人也都被杀害了”
both of whom were also slain.” –
“别回家了 维瑟米尔
“Do not return home, Vesemir,
这里的一切已经过去了”
if this were ever that to you.”
“我希望你已经在这个脆弱的世界里 找到温暖和安逸
“I hope you have found warmth and comfort in this brittle world
你所在的地方也会对你很好 最重要的是 要公平”
and that the world is being kind to you, and most of all, fair.”
“我的话 科德温的一户贵族人家 收留了我”
“For me, a noble family from Kaedwen has claimed me theirs.”
“他们是更和善的主人”
“They are kinder masters.”
“他们让我画画 教我如何读词 还会写一些”
“They let me paint and show me how to read words, as well as write a few.”
“我吃得挺好的 很安心”
“I am well-fed and at peace.”
“这个被烧尽的小镇上 没什么好怀念的了
“There was little to miss in our burnt-out town,
我们的雪球仗和小巷甜品 是我沉重的回忆
and our snowball fights and alleyway desserts
现在我很高兴地要将它们埋藏起来”
are heavy memories I now happily lay to rest.”
“去寻找你的重生吧 维瑟米尔”
“Find your rebirth, Vesemir,
“摆脱过去的负担和伤害”
free of past burdens and hurts.”
“对
“And yes,
摆脱我”
free of me.”
“那样最好”
“It is best that way.”
“好好地生活和爱”
“Live and love well.”
“伊利亚娜”
“Illyana.”
(通缉 400 生死都可)
对
Right.
谁想骑马出去找一个安静的好地方 美美地喝上一杯?
So, who wishes to ride and get blitzed somewhere nice and quiet?
我们留下来 看看谁能活下来
We stay and see who survives.
那可能要花好几天
That could take days.
可能会是艾斯卡尔 兰伯特
It’ll be Eskel, Lambert,
也可能是雷姆斯
maybe Remus.
好了 我们可以去大醉一场吗?
Now, can we please go get right properly drunk?
让他们生气吧
Oh, let them sulk.
我们去喝酒
We’ll drink.
我回来要钱的时候 那个助产士差点晕了过去
The midwife almost fainted when I came for my payment.
我看起来可怕极了
I looked an awful terror,
血淋淋 黏糊糊的 但是你们懂的
red and sticky,but, you know,
那就是工作
that’s the job.
那吸血妖鸟呢?
And the striga?
她治好了吗?
Was she cured?
是的 当然
Yes. Yes, of course.
下一个故事之前 我们还得加点酒
We need more before the next tale.
那个助产士 应该请个更好的救世主
You know, that midwife should’ve hired a better savior.
一个品德高尚的人
A man of virtue and honor.
一个真正的男人
A real man.
不是变种人
Not a mutant.
现在骑士们也在学吸血妖鸟咒语吗?
Are knights being schooled in striga curses now?
在哪里开课? 学屈膝礼和马背比武的间歇吗?
Where’d that lesson fit? Between learning curtsy and joust?
我们都是来这里喝酒的 找些非暴♥力♥的乐子
We’re all here for a little drink and non-violent fun.
这就是“你的善良”吗?
Is this the “your kind” bit?
你吓到了这些人
You frighten these people.
当你吓到那个助产士的时候 你是在诈骗
As you frightened that midwife you swindled.
你们最好离开
Best you leave.
现在就走
Right now.
我见过骑士想努力干我们的活
I’ve seen knights try to do our job.
收拾怪物
Tidy up monsters.
警示故事 送给各位
Cautionary tales, all of you.
尤其是可爱的那些
Especially the cute ones.
这两个猎魔人应该受审和处决
The two witchers should be tried and executed.
不必问任何问题
No questions asked.
愚蠢的我
Silly me.
我还以为受审就是要提问呢
Here I thought trials were all about questions.
这两个人杀了你的两个警卫 殿下 你就这么放任不管吗?
These two killed two of your guard, Your Highness. You’d let that stand?
陛下 酒保说 是您的骑士挑起了争执