我该走了
I should go.
你知道回去的路吗?
Will you find your way out?
可以
Yeah.
该死
Fuck it.
我读了一些乔的早期作品
I have read some of Joe’s earlier work.
我无意中发现了一些短篇小说
Couple of short stories I came across,
是刊在一些没什么名的杂♥志♥上的
some obscure literary journals,
我不想背后这么说他 琼
and I hate to say it, Joan,
但说实话 写的不怎么样
but not very good.
对啊 早期作品肯定不会很好的 你应该懂的啊
Well, early work is rarely readable. I mean, you should know that.
但字里行间中 能代表他声音的文字 那怕就那么几句都没有
Yeah, but these didn’t even have a hint of his mature voice.
而你的作品《教师的妻子》
In fact, your piece, The Faculty Wife,
比其更像是一个诺贝尔文学奖得主的早期作品
that reads much more like early Castleman than these did.
可以理解啊
That’s understandable.
乔当老师时 工作很忙的
Joe had a very heavy hand as a teacher.
这理由算说得过去
Fair enough.
我跟卡洛尔聊天时 她说她觉得很奇怪
When I spoke to Carol, she said that it was very odd
自从他跟你在一起后 他的写作水平直线上升
how much better his writing became after he met you.
她把我夸的太好了
That’s very generous of her.
恕我直言
With all respect,
我认为你早就受够了
I think you are sick and tired
和乔·卡索曼在一起的日子
of Joe Castleman.
我认为你受够了他的不忠 受够了当他的背后之人
I think you’re tired of his affairs, tired of being invisible,
受够了埋没自己的才华 让卡索曼成为传奇
tired of channeling your enormous talent into creating the Castleman legend.
我理解你为了这个家庭
I would think for the sake of your family,
为了家人的幸福 你愿意做出如此牺牲
for the happiness of your family, you would wanna do something like this.
可大卫看起来很不开心
David seems like a very unhappy young man.
轮不到你对我的孩子品头论足
You have no business talking about my children.
你说得对 对不起
You’re right. I’m sorry.
我非常确信你需要跟某个人谈这件事
I do think you want to talk to somebody.
我向你保证 我绝对不会说这些都是你告诉我的
I give you my word, I will never reveal my source.
这个恶人由我来当 这样你就不会觉得是自己背叛了乔
I will be the bad guy, so you don’t have to feel like you’re betraying Joe.
之后当事实公之于众 你就可以心无杂念地起笔写作了
Then the truth will be out there. You would be free to write on your own.
这个故事妙极了 纳撒尼尔
What a marvelous story, Nathaniel.
你真该去写小说
You really ought to write fiction.
琼…
Joan…
你知道去哪找我
You know where I’ll be.
我真心想告诉你 我很享受和你一起闲聊的时光
I really do want you to know that I genuinely do enjoy your company.
小琼?
Joanie?
小琼 是你吗?
Joanie, is that you?
是我
Yeah.
你去哪了? 我都担心死了
Where have you been? I’ve been worried sick about you.
有什么好担心的? 这才四点半
Why? It’s only 4:30.
是 可你看外面天都这么黑了
Yeah, but look how dark it is already.
别再这样了 别在从我们身边离去了
Don’t do this to me. Don’t disappear on me like this.
我没离开你 我只是出去逛了几个小时而已
I didn’t disappear. I went out for a couple of hours.
你今天都干什么了?
So, what you been doing all day?
就是四处逛逛 看了几家店
Well, I walked around, went into a couple of stores,
逛了逛商场 你彩排怎么样了?
looked in a couple of shops. How did the rehearsal go?
小琼 你是不是抽烟了?
Joanie, have you been smoking?
我能闻得出来 -我去了家咖啡店
I can smell it on you. – I went into a cafe,
那里有很多人都抽烟
and it was filled with smoke.
你还喝酒了是吗?
Have you been drinking, too?
是啊 我喝了杯伏特加
Yeah, I had a vodka.
大白天喝酒?
In the middle of the day?
是啊 乔 大白天喝点酒
Yes, Joe, in the middle of the day.
小琼 你不能这么做的
You know, Joanie, you can’t be doing this.
你不能喘着酒气跟我出席颁奖大会
You can’t be showing up at functions with alcohol on your breath.
你才是焦点明星 怎么会有人在乎我?
You are the star of the big show, so why would anyone possibly care?
你这到底是怎么了?
What the hell has gotten into you?
我不想被人教育 我又不是小孩子
I don’t like to be lectured to. I’m not a child.
该死的 乔
God damn it, Joe.
怎么了? -你…
What? – Are…
你能不能别把衣服随便往地上乱扔?
Are you gonna stop throwing your clothes all over the floor?
我受够了… -不用啦
I am so sick and tired… – Here.
…捡你丢在地上的东西 -我自己收拾吧
…of picking up after you. – Let me do it.
那是什么? -我那时候饿了 买♥♥了些核桃
What’s that? – I got hungry. I bought some walnuts.
我看看
Let me see it.
不过就是个核桃 -我能看看吗?
It’s just a walnut. – Can I see it?
这有什么好看的?
What are you talking about? “Can I see it?”
给我看看
Give it to me.
你干什么啊? -给我看看
What are you doing? – Give it to me.
别闹了 -给我看看
Don’t be ridiculous. – Give it to me.
我在外面当酒鬼
So, while I was out being a drunken lush,
你就开始勾引那个狐狸精琳娜了?
you were seducing the luscious Linnea?
什么也没发生
Nothing happened.
你别侮辱我的智商了
Don’t you dare insult my intelligence. Don’t you dare.
什么也没发生
Nothing happened.
我悬崖勒马了 -那我还该夸你呗
I put a stop to it. – Bully for you.
对啊 是该夸我 你知道为什么我悬崖勒马了吗?
Yeah, bully for me. And do you know why I put a stop to it?
因为我担心你在那破观光巴士上
Because I was worried about you on some fucking tour bus,
有被忽视的感受 所以我回来陪你 让你不会孤独
feeling neglected, so I come back here so you wouldn’t be alone.
结果呢? 我就在这屋里干等你回来
And what happens? I end up waiting for you.
早知道我就告诉你我会回来晚了
I should have let you know I’d be late
这样你就能跟你的摄像师好好来一发了
so you could finish fucking your photographer!
我没想上她
I wasn’t gonna fuck her!
我根本就没看上那个女的 好吗?
I’m not even attracted to the woman, okay?
我跟你说 我心里担心的只有你
Look, all I was worried about was you.
我好感动啊
I’m touched.
我太老了 吵不动了
I’m too old for all this crap.
我不吵了
I’m done with it.
我只属于你
I’m all yours.
那我真是幸运啊
Goody for me.
对 就是你幸运
Yeah, goody for you.
你好? -嗨 妈妈
Hello? – Hi, Mom?
苏珊娜?
Susannah?
我刚生完孩子
I had the baby.
什么?
What?
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
怎么了? -苏珊娜刚生完孩子
What? – Susannah had the baby.
用那个电♥话♥接
Get on the other line.
什么时候的事 宝贝 什么时候?
When, darling? When?
几小时前
A couple of hours ago.
我的天
Oh, my God.
你怎么样啊?
Are you okay?
我没事
I’m fine.
他像小猫似的喵喵叫
He’s making little mewling sounds.
你生了个男孩?
You had a boy?
你给他取得什么名字? -麦克斯
What are you gonna call him? – Max.
麦克斯
Max.
他长得像谁?
Who does he look like?
老爸 我知道你想我说他长得像你 可是…
Dad, I know you want me to say that he looks like you, but…
把电♥话♥放到他耳边 我想跟他说说话
Put the phone next to his ear. I wanna talk to him.
给 拿着电♥话♥ 老爸想跟麦克斯说话
Here, take the phone. Dad wants to talk to Max.
好了吗?
Is he on?
你好啊 麦克斯威尔
Hello, Maxwell.
我是你姥爷
It’s your Grandpa Joe.
你好啊 宝贝 我是你姥姥 欢迎你降生到我们家
Hello, darling. It’s your grandma. Hello. Welcome.
他跟我们说话呢 你听到了吗?
He’s talking to us. Can you hear?
你是这世上最漂亮的男孩
You are the most beautiful little boy in the world.
我真希望我现在就能抱着你
I wish I was holding you in my arms right this minute.
爸 妈 马克的父母刚到 我得挂了
Dad, Mom, Mark’s parents just got here. I have to go.
替我们给孩子一个大大的吻
You give him a big kiss from us.
我会的
I will.
爱你 宝贝 非常非常地爱你
Love you, darling. Love you so, so much.
再见 心肝 -我也爱你 妈妈
Bye, sweetheart. – I love you too, Mom.
再见老爸
Bye, Dad.
再见 宝贝 -我爱你
Bye, darling. – I love you.
再见 -再见
Bye. – Bye.
哦 琼
Oh, Joan.