而我不一样 事实上我觉得这种行为非常可怕
I don’t, actually. I find that behavior rather appalling.
那也请你别把我描绘成受害人
Well, please don’t paint me as a victim.
我活得比那些受害人们有滋味多了
I am much more interesting than that.
我知道的
I know you are.
我并不想就你们的情感生活有任何误解
Look, I don’t wanna make the wrong assumptions about your relationship.
现在就是个好机会 我们把事情都搞清楚
Now we have an opportunity to set the record straight.
纳撒尼尔 你真不太会撒谎
You are so transparent, Nathaniel.
我真不敢相信我居然被你拉到这里来了
I can’t believe I let you lure me here.
当然 你也可以选择离开
Of course, you have the opportunity to leave,
用今天余下时间去某个通风良好的博物馆 欣赏鲜为人知的北欧艺术
spend the rest of the day in some draughty museum of obscure Nordic art.
或者留下来品尝这些可口的饮品
Or we can enjoy these excellent drinks.
早上好 乔瑟夫
Morning, Joseph.
陈玲教授 化学家
Professor Chen Ling, chemistry.
你好
Hello.
卡尔·赛格勒博士 药学家 -你好啊?
Dr. Karl Seigler, medicine. – How do you do?
还有兰德尔·米德 经济学家 -幸会
And Sir Randall Meade, economics. – Pleasure.
我也是
For me, too.
现在请各个听从拉格菲尔特先生的指挥 时间不会很长
I’ll turn you over now briefly to Mr. Lagerfelt,
他会告诉你们明天的整个流程安排
who will just run you through the protocol for tomorrow.
先生们 请根据标识上的名字
Gentlemen, you will take your seats
找到自己的座位
indicated for now by these signs with your names.
但轮到你们去领奖时
When it is time for you to receive your medal,
你们要从你们的座位位置走到这里
you will walk from your seat to here.
然后会由国王给你们颁奖
And you will receive your medal from the king.
领奖后要对国王 其他获奖人及观众鞠三次躬
And then you shall bow, making the three reverences.
就像这样
Like so.
您第一个来吧 卡索曼先生
We will start with you, Mr. Castleman.
好的
Okay.
抱歉 我是要先鞠躬吗?
Sorry. I bow first?
你先走到国王面前 然后再鞠躬
You approach the king and then you bow.
抱歉 -不用的
I’m sorry. – No need to apologize.
这就是我们排练的目的
That is why we are practicing.
没那么复杂的 卡索曼
It’s not rocket science, Castleman.
对 没那么复杂
No, of course.
现在鞠躬三次
And now the three reverences.
沃尔特 我能歇一会儿吗?
Walter, could I have a moment?
你没事吧 卡索曼先生?
Are you all right, Mr. Castleman?
我没事 我只是需要休息一会儿
I’m fine. I just need to take a little break.
您想喝点水什么的吗? -不用
Do you need anything? Water or… – No.
有什么就跟我们说吧 -没事 我没事
Just tell us. – No, please, I’m fine.
歇一会儿就好 -好的
Just for a moment. – Okay.
我扶您出去
We’ll walk you out.
我身上没带武器
I come to you unarmed.
我能看得出 那些闪光灯
I could tell that all that clicking in your face
让你觉得很不舒服
was getting on your nerves.
这是你的工作嘛
You’re doing your job.
好消息是 他们告诉我
Well, the good news is they told me,
如果你愿意的话 今天余下时间您就可以休息了
if you wish, they will release you for the day.
那太好了
I wish that.
你猜那扇门后面离开这里的最快路线?
Which of these doors do you think offers the quickest escape?
我们试试呗?
Shall we try them and see?
我猜是乔让你戒烟的
So, I would guess Joe made you give it up.
是啊 他想让我保持身体健康
Yes, he wants to keep me healthy.
好 我下一个有趣的问题来了
All right, here’s my next fascinating query.
诺贝尔奖在乔瑟夫·卡索曼心中是什么位置?
What does the Nobel Prize mean to Joseph Castleman?
哦 天啊 -就是这个问题
Oh, God. – Yeah.
这问题不是我想问的 是出版商想问的
That’s not mine. It’s not mine. It’s from the publisher.
要不我就用他在飞机上对我说的那句话做答案?
Why don’t I just use what he said to me on the plane?
这跟得不得奖没关系
“It’s not about the prize.
这是给我自己鼓劲儿 好好地去写下一个作品
“It’s about getting up the gumption to write the next book.”
完美 谢谢你
Perfect. Thank you.
那你呢? 是什么在鼓舞着你?
And what about you? How do you get up the gumption?
鼓舞我每天早上起床?
To get up in the morning?
是什么在鼓舞你写作
To write.
我不是个作家 -我可不这么认为
I’m not a writer. – I beg to differ.
我在史密斯大学调查材料时
When I was going through the Smith archives,
我看了一些你的小说作品
I came across some of your stories
就是那些刊登在大学杂♥志♥上的小说
that were published in the college journal.
我读了《教师的妻子》
I read The Faculty Wife.
写得很好
Beautifully written piece.
谢谢
Thank you.
我是有些潜力
I had some potential.
有后悔过放弃了写作吗?
Ever regret giving it up?
没有
No.
我不怎么指望自己
I had very low expectations
以女作家的身份取得多么大的成就
about what I could achieve as a female writer.
那时也有不少成功的女性作家啊
There were plenty of successful female writers back then.
是的 但我不适合成为那样的人
Yes, but I didn’t have the personality for it.
真的?
Really?
我很害羞的 不太喜欢吸引太多眼球
I’m quite shy. I don’t like to be looked at.
好 那我就不看你
Okay, I won’t look at you, then.
那乔呢? 他有没有鼓励你继续写作呢?
So, what about Joe? Did he encourage you to keep writing?
有的 不过 正如我刚才说的
Yes, but, as I said,
我没选择在这条路走下去
I didn’t choose to pursue it.
因为他才是这个家中唯一的作家
Because he was the writer of the family.
纳撒尼尔 如果你想在我和他的关系中找到一些能成为谈资的矛盾点
Nathaniel, if you’re trolling for nuggets of bitterness,
你会无功而返的
you’ll find none here.
抱歉啦
Shucks.
现在既然我们聊到矛盾点
Now, speaking of bitterness,
我跟他的前妻卡洛尔聊过
I spoke to his ex, Carol.
她怎么样?
How is she?
她很好 现在是个心理医生
She’s good. She’s a psychiatrist.
那真不错啊 -是啊
Good for her. – Yeah.
那他们的女儿 范尼呢?
And their daughter, Fanny?
她是位很有成就的牙医
Successful dentist.
放心 说道卡洛尔 她现在已经原谅你了
Rest assured, Carol forgives you, by the way.
真好
I’m glad.
乔一直想跟他们保持了联♥系♥
Joe tried to keep in contact with them…
我还鼓励他这么做
I actually urged him to,
但我们对那件事一直心中有愧
but we feel very badly about that chapter in our life.
她想让你知道的是
Well, she wants to make sure
她非常感谢你能让她脱离苦海
that you know how thankful she is that you took him off her hands.
她太客气了
She’s very welcome.
琼 我希望你知道
Joan, I hope you know that
他出轨并不是你的原因 他是控制不住自己
his affairs have nothing to do with you. It’s a compulsion.
我相信那是源于一种深藏于内的不称职之感
I believe it’s a deep-seated fear of inadequacy.
你还真懂啊
Aren’t you the therapist.
你有谁可以倾诉的吗?
Do you have anyone that you confide in?
没有
No.
而有没有这样的人我也不在乎
And I don’t really care to.
我想正因如此 你才如此的迷人
I guess that’s what makes you so attractive.
你让人看不透
You’re very mysterious.
你在跟我调情吗?
Are you flirting with me?
也许是吧
Probably. Why not?
你知道我不信任你的
You know I don’t trust you.
该死
Oh, shit.
我该吃药了
My pills.
药?
Pills?
是啊 降血压的
Yeah. Blood pressure.
我想我该回酒店了
I think I should get back to the hotel.
好吧
Yeah.
帮我拿着酒杯 我给你个东西
Here, hold this. Let me give you something.
我笔哪去了?
God, where’s my pen?
找到了
Here it is.
看看啊 致…
Let’s see. “To…
琳娜
“Linea…”
名字里那个是M 还是?
Is that with an M, or?
不 是两个N
No, it’s two N’s.
该死
Oh, shit.
不用了
It doesn’t matter.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!